I AM DONE!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I AM DONE!!!!

My expectation level was that they would reach conference finals and they've done that.

Win or lose I'm happy.  They have accomplished all I ever expected and I like the lineup, especially if they don't sign Rydes or Kab for next year.

If they win tomorrow night, sure, that will be good, but there is a ton and a half of firepower in the Canucks and I have no expectations for them at all in that series.

IF they win tomorrow, it's beyond gravy, it's desert.  And the Stanley cup final will be like last call when the bartender doesn't like you.  Get what you can get while you can, but sure as shine o la don't expect much if anything at all.  Might as well just walk out of the place rather than getting thrown out and find yourself on the sidewalk thinking 'gee, cement is really hard stuff.'

Don't matter if its Bolts or Bruins, Van snuffs them.

But...
    Prediction, next year Seguin will develop fully.
    One of these will surprise:
    Caron, Spooner, Knight or the #9 pick.

Prediction: Ryder or Kab signings would be at rock bottom bargain basement prices if at all.  And I think the Bruins can get replacements for them that will contribute more overall.

I don't see a cup this year.

I see one in the future.

I see as close as you can come to a dynasty as is possible in the post lockout nhl.

Enjoy this while we can.  The way the league is structured and the way the NHL wants wants it, the party will end when this #9 pick is at the last year before rfa.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: I AM DONE!!!!

Before the season had you told me we would make the conference finals I would have said good season. I also thought we would be playing a team like pittsburgh to get to the finals with a healthy sid and malkin. We have a very beatable team here and a game 7 in our barn. Losing tomorow would be disaster. I am sure after the sting of a game 7 loss wore off we could look back and say it was a fun run but I am going to be disapointed with anything short of at least makeing the cup finals now. I haven't seen the bruins in the finals since I was 7 freaking years old! These chances don't come along very oftern and I hope we take advantage of this great chance we have tomorow night. There will be plenty of time to talk about next season when this one is over. I get a sense here many people are affraid for the bruins to achieve greatness. LETS ALL GET BEHIND THE TEAM UNTIL THIS ENDS! THIS ISN't the BRUINS FUNERAL TOMOROW ITS THE GATEWAY TO A DANCE FOR LORD STANLEYS CUP!

LETS GO BRUINS!

If we lose well I guess we are used to it now but it would still hurt like heck

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

wow, way to go debbie downer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to I AM DONE!!!!:
    [QUOTE]My expectation level was that they would reach conference finals and they've done that. Win or lose I'm happy.  They have accomplished all I ever expected and I like the lineup, especially if they don't sign Rydes or Kab for next year. If they win tomorrow night, sure, that will be good, but there is a ton and a half of firepower in the Canucks and I have no expectations for them at all in that series. IF they win tomorrow, it's beyond gravy, it's desert.  And the Stanley cup final will be like last call when the bartender doesn't like you.  Get what you can get while you can, but sure as shine o la don't expect much if anything at all.  Might as well just walk out of the place rather than getting thrown out and find yourself on the sidewalk thinking 'gee, cement is really hard stuff.' Don't matter if its Bolts or Bruins, Van snuffs them. But... Prediction, next year Seguin will develop fully. One of these will surprise: Caron, Spooner, Knight or the #9 pick. Prediction: Ryder or Kab signings would be at rock bottom bargain basement prices if at all.  And I think the Bruins can get replacements for them that will contribute more overall. I don't see a cup this year. I see one in the future. I see as close as you can come to a dynasty as is possible in the post lockout nhl. Enjoy this while we can.  The way the league is structured and the way the NHL wants wants it, the party will end when this #9 pick is at the last year before rfa.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Badhab, I gotta say.... I often agree with you and your thoughts but not on this one.
    We will win tomorrow. Why? because this team has been resilient all post season long. Taking on their demons head on and coming out victorious. You have a point about Vancouver's firepower but I actually think we match up well with them. Call me an eternal optimistic but I don't think that series would be as lopsided as you think. Furthermore, I DO want them to make it to the finals. Win or lose, the amount of experience our young core will gain from a trip to the finals would be priceless. And like the cliche says, in the playoffs, anything can happen.

As for how long this good Bruins team will remain good, I think we'll be solid for a while. By the time the #9 becomes an RFA, the only Bruins that will have retired might be Tim Thomas. Everyone else will still be around and with more experience.

I agree the future is bright but so is the present. We can win this series tomorrow night and we will! Go B's!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: I AM DONE!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Before the season had you told me we would make the conference finals I would have said good season. I also thought we would be playing a team like pittsburgh to get to the finals with a healthy sid and malkin. We have a very beatable team here and a game 7 in our barn. Losing tomorow would be disaster. I am sure after the sting of a game 7 loss wore off we could look back and say it was a fun run but I am going to be disapointed with anything short of at least makeing the cup finals now. I haven't seen the bruins in the finals since I was 7 freaking years old! These chances don't come along very oftern and I hope we take advantage of this great chance we have tomorow night. There will be plenty of time to talk about next season when this one is over. I get a sense here many people are affraid for the bruins to achieve greatness. LETS ALL GET BEHIND THE TEAM UNTIL THIS ENDS! THIS ISN't the BRUINS FUNERAL TOMOROW ITS THE GATEWAY TO A DANCE FOR LORD STANLEYS CUP! LETS GO BRUINS! If we lose well I guess we are used to it now but it would still hurt like heck
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

The finals would be excellent.  I'm not expecting that, and I certainly don't have them winning in the finals.

I've seen this team hoist 2 Stanley Cups.

I remember very clearly getting up early after the 2nd cup v. NY and rushing down to the corner store to buy the newspaper.  I still have that paper today.  I remember thinking this paper isn't going to be worth much because they're gone to win a bunch of cups after this.  And along came the WHA and Orr's bad knees and that was that.

It's been a long time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Any team can win in the finals.  Any team with a good goalie and solid defense can win.  I am sure the Red Wings thought they were gonna walk over NJ.  Well, Scott Stevens didnt let that happen.  While Chara isnt Stevens.  I believe he will ultimately be the guy that has to play above and beyond even what he has done to date. 
    He did an excellent job shutting down the Gazoo twins earleir this year. 

The problem will then come down to lines 2 and 3.  I think we can match them. 
    1.  Bergie/Recchi/Marchand vs Kesler(who is possessed at the moment/Raymond/Higgins  You may give the nod to Van.  But I wouldnt at this point.  If you asked me Bergie/Marchand over Kelser/Raymond I would say EVEN.  Recchi or Higgins.  Again.  Toss up.
    2.  Kelly/Ryder/Seguin(likely Peverly) vs Hansen/Torres(my boy) and Lapierre.  I personally like our line better. 
    4th lines really dont matter.  Van went with 3 lines in game 5. 

I think Van has a decided edge on the back end.  But they are also hurting back there. 

Line Matching
    Lucic/DK/Horton vs Kelsers line and Hamhuis and Bieksa.  I think we can beat this matchup.
    Bergies line and Chara vs Gazoo's line.  Bergie is gonna have to be strong.
    3rd lines- I think we can get the edge here.  Their 3rd line will take a lot of penalties.  Ours wont. 

Luongo vs TT- should be a great matchup.  But like Chicago did we have the guys to get in front of him.  Big Buff?  Big Lucic!

Its not gonna be easy.  But there isnt gonna be a sweep by Van.  Heck no.  We win one on the road and we are off to the races.  In fact.  I will say right now we will win game 1. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Before the season had you told me we would make the conference finals I would have said good season. I also thought we would be playing a team like pittsburgh to get to the finals with a healthy sid and malkin. We have a very beatable team here and a game 7 in our barn. Losing tomorow would be disaster. I am sure after the sting of a game 7 loss wore off we could look back and say it was a fun run but I am going to be disapointed with anything short of at least makeing the cup finals now. I haven't seen the bruins in the finals since I was 7 freaking years old! These chances don't come along very oftern and I hope we take advantage of this great chance we have tomorow night. There will be plenty of time to talk about next season when this one is over. I get a sense here many people are affraid for the bruins to achieve greatness. LETS ALL GET BEHIND THE TEAM UNTIL THIS ENDS! THIS ISN't the BRUINS FUNERAL TOMOROW ITS THE GATEWAY TO A DANCE FOR LORD STANLEYS CUP! LETS GO BRUINS! If we lose well I guess we are used to it now but it would still hurt like heck
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, LUCIC.  The Bruins are one of only three left still in the hunt for the Cup, this accomplished largely without a major component of most successful championship threats; a PP.  Not too shabby when all is considered.  As frustrating as we all know this club can be, they deserve praise for what they've accomplished so far.  And it's not over yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]wow, way to go debbie downer
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

keeping it real.  excitement is high.  team is outstanding.  there are more reasons to be a Bruins fan than there are not.

Like I said, I'm done.  My report card is has been turned in and they got an A.

Now it is whether they get an A+ or A++

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Dam.  Love all you guys.  I really do.  And that's not just the 11th Molson XXX talking.

RichmondHill - a whole chunk of life will be lost not watching the Leafs lose.  No more Leafs picks.  That was so much fun.  And now its all over.  I feel so bummed.

And there are all these freakin bandwagon people around here who haven't had the fun we had all year.

oh man.  I feel so emotionally overwhelmed my stomach is turning.  no wait.  It might be the Molsons, I might have to ralph.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think they could win it all this year with Kesler being gimped.  But they have to get by Tampa Bay first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I love the Bruins just like all of you and I will just be happy to win the next game and only 4 wins away from the cup. The Bruins are good enough to win and the cup is alot harder, But GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

IF thebruins lose the Stanley Cup. It will be cause of their power play. They willl need to score power play goals against Van. If not they better stay out of the box and play 60 minutes of hockey and not just 25 or 30 minutes.

GO BRUINS

Fan since 1986

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]Dam.  Love all you guys.  I really do.  And that's not just the 11th Molson XXX talking. RichmondHill - a whole chunk of life will be lost not watching the Leafs lose.  No more Leafs picks.  That was so much fun.  And now its all over.  I feel so bummed. And there are all these freakin bandwagon people around here who haven't had the fun we had all year. oh man.  I feel so emotionally overwhelmed my stomach is turning.  no wait.  It might be the Molsons, I might have to ralph.

no offense, but i don't know how you can be calling out bandwagoners when you are all but writing the team off the night before a game 7. backing the team up all year and then saying 'i'm done' right before the biggest game for the B's since the early 90's isn't much better than someone who starts supporting with just a handful of games left. regardless, don't jump ship yet, we win game 7 and then who knows what happens with canucks. i agree they will be a handful, but stranger things have happened.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup you are cooked and done.  The Bs did not play particularily well against Montreal, but the team pulled off a great comeback.  This where CJs system should be the difference, a tell tale sign.  No reverse psychology here, next year is next year.  One victory from the cup, doable.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm with you BadHab, but Shupe has a good perspective. My biggest concern for game 7, and potentially Vancouver, is Tim Thomas and fatigue. We all have experienced times when the spirit is willing BUT. You all know that I've thought Claude has mismanaged his troops, and not even included some, like Caron and Tuuka, who could have helped, but that' Chia's problem. This is a good team, and can only get better when REX retires; Ryder/Slyder goes elsewhere; Chia bites the bullet on Kaberle; Thornton becomes a full time PR spokesman, no ice time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

The only thing that is frustrating is the famous game 4 when they led 3-0 after the first period.

I think that's why fans are left with a bitter taste in the mouth. If they have kept this lead, it would have ended this series in 5 games.

But, it's time to forget the past and put all our toughts for game 7 tonight !

Please hockeys gods.....I want a win, only one more win !

Go Bruins !

Have a great game 7 everybody !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Stay out of the box, put #19 in to kill a penalty (we can always use a short-handed goal, and he's capable of it), play physical, but most important of all:

Shoot the ******* puck! Don't make a million passes around the net, shoot it at the net, rush the net, crash the net, knock the goalie flat on his back and put the puck in the ******* net!

Yes, I understand that passing to get a better shot is always a good thing but too many times they have passed when they should have taken the shot and it's very frustrating when they lose by one and you're wondering what if. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Badhab, only one thing I disagree wtih you about. In 1980 I watched a group of teenagers not even old enough to drink in most cases beat arguably the best team to ever lace up skates. It wouldnt be easy, and either TB or us would most assuredly be underdogs in the eyes of most, but Vancouver isnt unbeatable.
    Other than that, spot on BH.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Adversity doesn't seem to get to this team anymore, so why should it get to us as fans? There was a time when I would think that the only way the Bruins would have a chance of winning against a strong opponent in the playoffs was to blow them away like Philly Game 1, but this team is different. They can win a pressure-packed Game 7. They can win OT games. They can be badly outplayed and still find a way to win.

Used to get angry when they let in an early goal...now I shrug it off knowing that they have the tools necessary to find a way to come back.

Tonight will be stressful, but more for fans than the players. Either team can jump out to a quick lead, or it could be a very tightly-played low-scoring game. Do you have any doubt that the Bruins can survive whatever type of game it turns out to be?

I envision adversity for the Bruins, not a cakewalk. Perhaps a late goal to force OT or surviving a mad flurry from Tampa. Eventually I have faith that Boston will put themselves in position to win the game, and can pull it off in the end. Gonna be great to watch, and maddening for fans. What else can we expect other than the unexpected?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]Adversity doesn't seem to get to this team anymore, so why should it get to us as fans? There was a time when I would think that the only way the Bruins would have a chance of winning against a strong opponent in the playoffs was to blow them away like Philly Game 1, but this team is different. They can win a pressure-packed Game 7. They can win OT games. They can be badly outplayed and still find a way to win. Used to get angry when they let in an early goal...now I shrug it off knowing that they have the tools necessary to find a way to come back. Tonight will be stressful, but more for fans than the players. Either team can jump out to a quick lead, or it could be a very tightly-played low-scoring game. Do you have any doubt that the Bruins can survive whatever type of game it turns out to be? I envision adversity for the Bruins, not a cakewalk. Perhaps a late goal to force OT or surviving a mad flurry from Tampa. Eventually I have faith that Boston will put themselves in position to win the game, and can pull it off in the end. Gonna be great to watch, and maddening for fans. What else can we expect other than the unexpected?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Great post!  I agree completely.  I am just excited to be watching hockey this late in the year.  It gives me an excuse to have some buddies over to drink some beer. It will be a roller coaster of emotions tonight, but I hope it ends on a high note.  Go Bruins...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to I AM DONE!!!!:
    [QUOTE]My expectation level was that they would reach conference finals and they've done that. Win or lose I'm happy.  They have accomplished all I ever expected and I like the lineup, especially if they don't sign Rydes or Kab for next year. If they win tomorrow night, sure, that will be good, but there is a ton and a half of firepower in the Canucks and I have no expectations for them at all in that series. IF they win tomorrow, it's beyond gravy, it's desert.  And the Stanley cup final will be like last call when the bartender doesn't like you.  Get what you can get while you can, but sure as shine o la don't expect much if anything at all.  Might as well just walk out of the place rather than getting thrown out and find yourself on the sidewalk thinking 'gee, cement is really hard stuff.' Don't matter if its Bolts or Bruins, Van snuffs them. But... Prediction, next year Seguin will develop fully. One of these will surprise: Caron, Spooner, Knight or the #9 pick. Prediction: Ryder or Kab signings would be at rock bottom bargain basement prices if at all.  And I think the Bruins can get replacements for them that will contribute more overall. I don't see a cup this year. I see one in the future. I see as close as you can come to a dynasty as is possible in the post lockout nhl. Enjoy this while we can.  The way the league is structured and the way the NHL wants wants it, the party will end when this #9 pick is at the last year before rfa.

Well if the B's sign Kaberle ...we wont make the playoffs next year ...we had a 16% PP efficeincy for the whole season ...since we have Kaberle our % went to to less than 5% ...do you believe it is a coincidence ???

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

if you're satisfied with a Conference Finals appearance right now, you'll aaallllllways be satisfied with a Conference Finals appearance.

"One of only three teams zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......."  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Badhab, only one thing I disagree wtih you about. In 1980 I watched a group of teenagers not even old enough to drink in most cases beat arguably the best team to ever lace up skates.

Good call. Even if it was only one game & not 4.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

When I had season tickets I went to a Cup Final game in the series the Bs got toasted by Gretzky, Messier and company (88, it was one of the fog games, where the players had to skate like in warmups to dissappate the fog). This year's Canucks are nothing like the Oilers of the late 80s; so if the Bruins win tonight, no way they get smoked like they did in their last appearance. As to tonight, I'm wearing black and gold in work (wear green when the Celts have an importatn playoff game) -- it doesn't alwayst help, but this year I think so; Bruins are this year's team of destiny; I really think they have enough to win the Stanley Cup. I wrote that statement on this chat board right after the Game 6 loss in Montreal because I saw the Bruins fight back and almost win that game and just saw a team that knew it could win -- the Bruins are full of players that can step up and one of them is Ryder by the way --- looking for the Ryder, Kelly, Seguin line to have another good game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Carpe Diem Bruins!!  Come too far to not get to the show.. This team is ready for tonite..The failures of the last couple of years has given this team such great resolve as they showed in the prior series this playoff run .. I expect them to win tonite and move on...This team is battle tested.. Thomas will be huge tonite.