I AM DONE!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: I AM DONE!!!!

Forget Carpe Diem.  Carpe Jugulum!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ok I'll go with Latin expressions to think of during tonight's game! And Oh BadHab this is like your 3rd "I'm done" threads LoL! You aren't going anywhere Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: I AM DONE!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Ok I'll go with Latin expressions to think of during tonight's game! And Oh BadHab this is like your 3rd "I'm done" threads LoL! You aren't going anywhere
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

You are correct - I am not done with the Bruins. 

I'm done with my satisfaction level for this team, they have met it.  Thre is only exceeding my expectatin level left to do.

Win or lose tonight I'm a satisfied customer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]if you're satisfied with a Conference Finals appearance right now, you'll aaallllllways be satisfied with a Conference Finals appearance. "One of only three teams zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......."  
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

No.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: I AM DONE!!!!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I AM DONE!!!! : You are correct - I am not done with the Bruins.  I'm done with my satisfaction level for this team, they have met it.  Thre is only exceeding my expectatin level left to do. Win or lose tonight I'm a satisfied customer. Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I as well now go do something like run around the block ala DRCC to take your mind off the game. Your rants still and have always killed me too funny!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I AM DONE!!!! : You are correct - I am not done with the Bruins.  I'm done with my satisfaction level for this team, they have met it.  Thre is only exceeding my expectatin level left to do. Win or lose tonight I'm a satisfied customer.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I am willing to bet a great majority feel the way you do but would never admit it. I for one can absolutely say that losing to Montreal in the first round or Philly in the second wouldve been much more horrific than losing to Tampa Bay in the 3rd or Van in the finals. So long as the Bruins players themselves arent satisfied (and if they are they should be shipped out of town), if they give 110% and still lose I can live with it. Not saying I WANT to live with it (which is where people are getting confused with your statement) but that this is a team trending upward not downward. And that we can all be positive about.
    However, I still believe this is the year. It just wont ruin my summer as badly compared to if it was the Habs celebrating on Boston ice in Game 7 of the first round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]if you're satisfied with a Conference Finals appearance right now, you'll aaallllllways be satisfied with a Conference Finals appearance. "One of only three teams zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......."  
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

Not true. There's no reason to discredit the theory of incremental success. The Bruins have gone from missing the playoffs to pushing Game 7 to winning a round to winning two rounds and now one win away from the Finals. Next year, my expectations will be they reach the Cup Finals, and sustain a Cup-caliber team for the next 3 seasons pending any major roster changes.

Nobody's settling, if that's the concern. We're simply saying that this season has already been a step closer and therefore a success, so might as well throw caution to the win and enjoy what happens tonight ands hopefully for the next 2 weeks as well.

Since the lockout:

2006 - missed playoffs
    2007 - missed playoffs
    2008 - lost Game 7 of Round 1
    2009 - lost in Game 7 of Round 2
    2010 - lost in Game 7 of Round 2
    2011 - playing in Game 7 of Round 3, to be continued...
    2012 - Personal expectation is Cup Finals

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I AM DONE!!!! :  So long as the Bruins players themselves arent satisfied (and if they are they should be shipped out of town), if they give 110% and still lose I can live with it. Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

Good point. Satisfaction as a fan obviously is not the headspace we'd want the players, coaches and management to be in. I think that's a given in all this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to I AM DONE!!!!:
    [QUOTE]My expectation level was that they would reach conference finals and they've done that. Win or lose I'm happy.  They have accomplished all I ever expected and I like the lineup, especially if they don't sign Rydes or Kab for next year. If they win tomorrow night, sure, that will be good, but there is a ton and a half of firepower in the Canucks and I have no expectations for them at all in that series. IF they win tomorrow, it's beyond gravy, it's desert.  And the Stanley cup final will be like last call when the bartender doesn't like you.  Get what you can get while you can, but sure as shine o la don't expect much if anything at all.  Might as well just walk out of the place rather than getting thrown out and find yourself on the sidewalk thinking 'gee, cement is really hard stuff.' Don't matter if its Bolts or Bruins, Van snuffs them. But... Prediction, next year Seguin will develop fully. One of these will surprise: Caron, Spooner, Knight or the #9 pick. Prediction: Ryder or Kab signings would be at rock bottom bargain basement prices if at all.  And I think the Bruins can get replacements for them that will contribute more overall. I don't see a cup this year. I see one in the future. I see as close as you can come to a dynasty as is possible in the post lockout nhl. Enjoy this while we can.  The way the league is structured and the way the NHL wants wants it, the party will end when this #9 pick is at the last year before rfa.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your insights and predictions that no one cares to read.

This is the best Bruins squad since the Orr/Espo era ! Our chances are good and getting better with every game played !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I am happy as well BadHab but I disagree with you on one thing. If the Bruins win tonight & make the finals, I actually think the Bruins match up better with the Canucks than the Sharks. Vancouver is not the juggernot Oilers of 1988 or 1990. Vancouver is very beatable my friend!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Adversity doesn't seem to get to this team anymore, so why should it get to us as fans? There was a time when I would think that the only way the Bruins would have a chance of winning against a strong opponent in the playoffs was to blow them away like Philly Game 1, but this team is different. They can win a pressure-packed Game 7. They can win OT games. They can be badly outplayed and still find a way to win. Used to get angry when they let in an early goal...now I shrug it off knowing that they have the tools necessary to find a way to come back. Tonight will be stressful, but more for fans than the players. Either team can jump out to a quick lead, or it could be a very tightly-played low-scoring game. Do you have any doubt that the Bruins can survive whatever type of game it turns out to be? I envision adversity for the Bruins, not a cakewalk. Perhaps a late goal to force OT or surviving a mad flurry from Tampa. Eventually I have faith that Boston will put themselves in position to win the game, and can pull it off in the end. Gonna be great to watch, and maddening for fans. What else can we expect other than the unexpected?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    How true asmaha. This team has already won a series against their biggest rivals in OT of game 7. Adversity doesn't get any bigger than "next goal wins".The average Bruins fan is jaded to the point of being ridiculous. Some who expect losses simply because "it's the Bruins" may as well stop watching if they've already thrown in the towel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I want them to win, but like BadHab, I won't be that crushed this time around if they don't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'm kind of the same ilk.
    I won't be satisfied until they win the Cup. but so what if I'm not satified? They are my team now and for always.
    If you said home ice for game 7 of the ECF to me in September, I would be and still am cool with that.
    Do I want more? yes.
    Has this season been a failure? no.
    Can they still win the Cup?  Yes, but it will be hard.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

One of the best rides I can remember being a long time Bruins fan. I'll be extremely diappointed if they don't win tonight, but at the same time, I understand they are playing a team that is worthy of a game 7 match. Both teams with identical records to this point.........holy parity batman!

As for the Cup series, if the Bruins make it, I think they have a chance to make it a series..........IF they can get the PP going, or completely avoid the penalty box (unlikely). Vancouver knows how to score on the PP, which in my opinion will be the difference if the B's can't find a way to do the same.

3.5 hrs. to game time!! GO BRUINS!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

hey, how freakin good is this?

right now, somewhere in Quebec there is someone thinking
    'one goal and that could have been us.'
    or
    'un but et cela nous être'

that's worth the price of admission right there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Winners win, Losers lose.

This is not peewee or the Olympics there is no 2nd place medal.

This is not the beer leagues, where there is always work tomorrow.

This is a trip to the show, yes the boys that lose will get over it, but the loser tonight will be devistated as will the cup losers will only be moreso.

I, like most fans have enjoyed the ride, or at least most of it, and I will hopefully enjoy this game,

but...

I will not be happy nor satisfied with anything less than a cup.  This is the best team since I can remember.

A top 1st line. Highest scoring in playoffs with 20 goals.
    #1 D-man in league. +11 in playoffs
    #1 G in league.
    Best 2nd line centre in league.
    Best 4th line in league(when Thorn not in it).
    Awesome 4 line depth with speed.
    Solid D for most part.
    Highest scoring 3rd and 4th line.
    2nd highest scoring D behind Van.

Yes, most definitely the most enjoyable run in 30 years, because we are still playing, but a loss, will not leave me happy or all giggly inside.

I won't have to listen to the habnot fans, but I know that this was their year, they have the team, no major injuries (Sav money allowed Kab, Pev and Kell to be chased) that was not replaced with talent to shore up the whole team.  The players may not be the ones I wanted, but overall, they are the best team in the league and match up very well against the Nucks. We did beat them this year and in Van 3-1.

Please do not sell yourselves short or your team, WANT MORE!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Funny POST..... 
    Neither team can keep up with Vancouver?....  WOW!
    FUNNY Stuff.... too bad so many comedians are out of work when you are trying to break in.

DO I think that Van is a tough team?  OH YEAH!  DO I think they are invincible.... OH NO!

Seems (while I do not give much weight to reg season games) the B's have beaten Van earlier this year... in a hard fought game.  They lost 28 Reg season games, and some in the playoffs....  Luongo can have his losses of Focus also.....
    INVINCIBLE NO......  TOUGH- YES!   SO I would actually prefer to see the B's continue this journey a few more weeks.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Funny POST.....  Neither team can keep up with Vancouver?....  WOW! FUNNY Stuff.... too bad so many comedians are out of work when you are trying to break in. DO I think that Van is a tough team?  OH YEAH!  DO I think they are invincible.... OH NO! Seems (while I do not give much weight to reg season games) the B's have beaten Van earlier this year... in a hard fought game.  They lost 28 Reg season games, and some in the playoffs....  Luongo can have his losses of Focus also..... INVINCIBLE NO......  TOUGH- YES!   SO I would actually prefer to see the B's continue this journey a few more weeks.....
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

Sure I'd like to see them go further.  My point is whether they win or lose tonight, I'm happy with them.

nucks - INVINCIBLE - no, but almost.