I am very excited

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I am very excited

No matter how you look at it or what happens this year, being a Bruins fan is going to be awesome for a long, long time. The following is why none of you trolls can bring me down:

- New, complimentary, and much needed pieces added to the best team in the Northeast

- 3 strong lines if Peverly is really the "scorer" and "shooter" PC described him to be

- Depth at everything: 15 forwards I trust can play a regular shift in the NHL (including Paille and Providence's Caron and Hamill); 8 d-men I trust (including Providence's Bartkowski); 2 goalies in the top 10 in the league

- Virtually guaranteed playoffs; Exciting (from a hockey fan's perspective) matchups no matter what

- Draft will be exciting thanks to Toronto's first

- A crapload of promising youngsters not yet in Boston: Caron, Sauve, Knight, Spooner, Alexandrov, Bartkowski, Cross, Arniel, Toronto's pick

- Chara-Kaberle chemistry will be interesting to monitor

- Players want to be here and enjoy playing here

- Solid management. Sorry to you idiots and trolls, but PC has been an absolutely sick GM since he took over: Bottom 5 to Top 5 in less than 5 and it's going to continue

- Continued development of Bergy, Lucic, Seguin, Krejci, Rask, Marchand

- Considering Nathan freakin' Horton to be a secondary player a la Ryder

- Team that will beat the crap out of you if you mess with us (See: Dallas, Montreal)

- Character guys throughout the lineup: Bergeron, Recchi, Thornton, Chara, Ference

- Gritty team: Lucic, Thorny, Campbell, McQuaid, Ference, Seidenberg, Bergeron (absolutely gritty), Boychuk

- Fast team: Paille, Seguin, Kelly, Peverly, Marchand, Kampfer

- Cap space for PC to play with in the summer and bad contracts coming off the books

LOVE IT!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: I am very excited

Good post.

be prepared to defend about everything you wrote.  but know there are a large amount that feel the same way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Trolls can't bring me down, man. This franchise is on way too solid ground for that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Oh, and one more thing, we have a Jack Adams winner behind the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This is probably the most optimistic thread on the Board.....lol!!! Nice to see, it really is.

I really do think that this is the year to do it and the only expectation I have is the Cup.

As your excellent post illustrates this organization has become very strong in the last couple of years in both the depth of the current roster and the quality of our prospects. TO's top five pick in 2011 is just icing on the cake...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Great post, very good points.

Two things needed for this to all come together and culminate into cups and many outstanding years.

1. New coach, new system for new nhl.

2. New coach

3. One top end forward with some finish and playmaking ability. 
    After watching Chi today it becomes more and more apparent that we need that kane/toews/sharpe or any of the elite teams forwards in this category.  Did anyone see Keith to Kane to hit Sharpe for that breakaway?  Now that is puck moving!

But all of your points are true!  Lots to be excited about, future is bright, and present is bright.  Not many teams can say that!  A few tweaks and i think we can really be an elite NHL team for 10 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: I am very excited:
    [QUOTE]Great post, very good points. Two things needed for this to all come together and culminate into cups and many outstanding years. 1. New coach, new system for new nhl. 2. New coach 3. One top end forward with some finish and playmaking ability.  After watching Chi today it becomes more and more apparent that we need that kane/toews/sharpe or any of the elite teams forwards in this category.  Did anyone see Keith to Kane to hit Sharpe for that breakaway?  Now that is puck moving! But all of your points are true!  Lots to be excited about, future is bright, and present is bright.  Not many teams can say that!  A few tweaks and i think we can really be an elite NHL team for 10 years.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Oh...did you mention the need for a new coach....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Something like that jmwalters. 

I do enjoy watching 10 foot passes, d to d to d to d to d, dump chase point shots, muck grind muck grind, but this isnt 1999 so I'd like to see someone more with the times.  The name of todays game is offense, but also being responsible defensively.  Not shutdown, trap defense and try to win "zero to zero" as Cam says.  But I wana win as much as everyone else, so if CJ's mucking system wins it this season, I'd be pumped.  If not, get him out of here!

But I don't want to turn this into a clod simpson thread.

Again, all good points DC!  We are lucky as B's fans to hope for a cup in the same season we can watch the bottom of the standings and hope for franchise saviors for a cup contending team, how awesome is that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

PC has built the Patriots on skates.  Solid, reliable team players; if someone goes down there is someone in the system to take their place; accountability to the max. 

Only thing missing is a Tom Brady - the proven leader. That's the only thing that worries me.  But all in all I'm happy and will enjoy the ride, wherever it goes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I am applauding this post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

I like the team and hopefully the recent changes work in our favor.

I'll get excited once we've won the ECF.

Hope everyone stays healthy until then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Nice to see the optimism.  I love it.  Even though I don't think we are quite ready to win it all, (but could, good enough if the stars align) we are sailing a course to long term success.  I agree that we are one star player away from being serious cup contenders.  Like BBbruinsfan said, we need a Toews, Kane type.  We all know you never trade for one of those, nobody not named O'Connell is crazy enough to trade a franchise player.  So, how do you get one?  Draft one.  That's where the Kessel deal makes this whole thing work.  Either Seguin or this years (or both) can be that impact player every team looks for.  Add that element into this very young core and the future is indeed bright.  The only dark cloud on the horizon is how are we going to pay everybody going forward.  There isn't enough cap space to keep everyone happy.  PC will have to repeat the Kessel move, determine who has value and is expendable, and move them to restock the cupboard.  We have the right man on the job.  Enjoy Bruins fans!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to I am very excited:
    [QUOTE]No matter how you look at it or what happens this year, being a Bruins fan is going to be awesome for a long, long time. The following is why none of you trolls can bring me down: - New, complimentary, and much needed pieces added to the best team in the Northeast - 3 strong lines if Peverly is really the "scorer" and "shooter" PC described him to be - Depth at everything: 15 forwards I trust can play a regular shift in the NHL (including Paille and Providence's Caron and Hamill); 8 d-men I trust (including Providence's Bartkowski); 2 goalies in the top 10 in the league - Virtually guaranteed playoffs; Exciting (from a hockey fan's perspective) matchups no matter what - Draft will be exciting thanks to Toronto's first - A crapload of promising youngsters not yet in Boston: Caron, Sauve, Knight, Spooner, Alexandrov, Bartkowski, Cross, Arniel, Toronto's pick - Chara-Kaberle chemistry will be interesting to monitor - Players want to be here and enjoy playing here - Solid management. Sorry to you idiots and trolls, but PC has been an absolutely sick GM since he took over: Bottom 5 to Top 5 in less than 5 and it's going to continue - Continued development of Bergy, Lucic, Seguin, Krejci, Rask, Marchand - Considering Nathan freakin' Horton to be a secondary player a la Ryder - Team that will beat the crap out of you if you mess with us (See: Dallas, Montreal) - Character guys throughout the lineup: Bergeron, Recchi, Thornton, Chara, Ference - Gritty team: Lucic, Thorny, Campbell, McQuaid, Ference, Seidenberg, Bergeron (absolutely gritty), Boychuk - Fast team: Paille, Seguin, Kelly, Peverly, Marchand, Kampfer - Cap space for PC to play with in the summer and bad contracts coming off the books LOVE IT!
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

A truly enjoyable post. Your optimistic , common sense approach to posting has made me a fan. Reading your posts are like a breath of fresh air compared to what else is available.

P.S. dc, I also have a request to you. If possible please consider an avatar for the same reasons that you asked of me . Thanks ! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I too am excited...I think the changes really shake things up, which is always good for a team. I think players just get into ruts and this is refreshing adding a couple players and a new chemistry to a couple lines and the D.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I like your point about "continued development" of key players.  Bergeron is a joy to watch every game.  He just gets better and better, at all facets.  And Marchand is a huge surprise, now clicking with Bergeron in "good chemistry".  

Then we have Lucic in a breakout year, 23 goals already and doing it all.  And Seguin is fun to watch, now just starting to get into the real game.  Did you see the Ottawa game, he dove to sweep check the puck and ended up scoring a beauty!  Let's hope he's not benched as the extra forward.

And let's not forget Ryder, who is carrying the puck and fighting along the boards and generally showing his best stuff.  It seems that he needs to have a contract question looming to play his best. 

If Tuuka continues to get on track as in the Ott game, that will be a big plus too.  

You are right-- lots to be excited about this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I share your enthusiasim.  I've been a Bruins fan for a long time and have had many cranky days, but this team is in the best shape it's been in memory.  There is a legitimate shot this year, but it's also built for long-term success.  As a hockey fan you have to savor these times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Great post and I agree with your points.  My only concern is do we have the right coach?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Really excited as well. Philly goalie got hurt in yesterday "hockey in America day" Never know what can happend. All i can ask for is for the bruins to continue to play well get used to the new guys and stay healthy. If they can stay healthy, i think we go a long way.

One more thing i'm not afraid of Philly, why we shown we can beat them this year. Sure they beat us but we'll remember last year play off if we face them and that should be all the motivation to win. If not i don't know what else you could want other than the big prize. The Cup.

Go Bruins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I am very excited :  P.S. dc, I also have a request to you. If possible please consider an avatar for the same reasons that you asked of me . Thanks ! 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Been considering it for a while, just haven't acted on it. Taking suggestions, though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

The only thing I would question is the team speed, but hopefully Peverley and Kelly improve that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

right on dc...if bruins fans are not happy with where they are at this point, nothing will make them happy. this team has all the pieces for next 8-10 years...why not us????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The Bs management had the a perfect storm as I stated prior to the Kablele trade to make a move.  The risk PC made was calculated and surprizingly uncharacteristic of his behavior the past few years.  The fact is PC created the circumstances to make a move by being shrewd and prudent.  With Toronto's fist pick still available in the draft the future of the Bs is still bright.  Stanley Cup contenders with continued player development, yup dc, you are correct to be excited.  Just don't get me onto the coaching strategy... sit Seguin????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Great post, very good points. Two things needed for this to all come together and culminate into cups and many outstanding years. 1. New coach, new system for new nhl. 2. New coach 3. One top end forward with some finish and playmaking ability.  After watching Chi today it becomes more and more apparent that we need that kane/toews/sharpe or any of the elite teams forwards in this category.  Did anyone see Keith to Kane to hit Sharpe for that breakaway?  Now that is puck moving! But all of your points are true!  Lots to be excited about, future is bright, and present is bright.  Not many teams can say that!  A few tweaks and i think we can really be an elite NHL team for 10 years.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

don't let the facts get in your way, but this coach and his system has the b's ranked 5th in goals for and 3rd in goal differential.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Peverley was playing against the top lines..his numbers dipped.  This just shows what the ATL organisation thought about his ability to compete.  On a 2nd-3rd, he'll prolly be a catalyst.  I love what this guy brings to the team...a great pickup, indeed!

Kelly is tbe type of player the B's were missing headin down the stretch.  Faceoffs become mor important..he should improve (along with Pev, if he's taking 'em).  However, Kelly is simply a well-respected pro..capable of being the hero in any series.

Grabbing these two guys with Kaberle and not giving up the fame (i.e. TOR pick) was huge.  If the team nabs a defenseman of the future with that pick- one who can have a strong second half and beyond -they will vastly improve their prospect for championships.

With these block in place, a lot of FAs (e.g. Kaberle) will want to be part of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE] With these block in place, a lot of FAs (e.g. Kaberle) will want to be part of it.
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's very simple: if you want a shot to win, come play in Boston. Hopefully such players will come with discounted asking prices, too.

Sections
Shortcuts