i blame this loss on bad FACE-OFFS, OBAMA KARMA and.... THE TEA PARTY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i blame this loss on bad FACE-OFFS, OBAMA KARMA and.... THE TEA PARTY!

BAD loss, i'm sure obama karma was laughing at us and mr. thomas as the brotha joel ward of all people put in the goal winner against the tea bagging timmy! imagine if all that energy wasted on his divisive lunatic ranting s had been used to unite this team and that locker room. no doubt the CAPITALS used that as motivation and played just a little bit harder because of it. i got nervous the first second i knew we were playing these guys. i live in this area and those guys were super-ticked and motivated.

also you have this simple fact. bergeron's new injury (whatever it is) that made it impossible for him to take any faceoffs was the ultimate killer in a game of attrition. one cant keep routinely losing those things and giving a quality opponent shot after shot and expect to win. on the night, peverly lost 15 of 26 faceoffs, kreji lost 10 of 15.

btw, like last year, we were horrible in with the power play. last year, it was 5 for 61, this year 2 for 23. time to end the timmy era with a less socially clueless younger goalie or 2. this team isnt that far off. hopefully they willl all get regular rest and wakeup at the beginning of the season rather than taking so much time off and having to play catch up and play persistently under the pressure to catch up. it wears on you. i believe they are still paying the price for the run leading up to the stanley cup last year. again, it wears on you physically. hate to say it though but it wont be a total shock if julien and the bruins part ways. i dont believe he and neely are on the same page when it comes to playing style and in-game startegies. this team has serious issues scoring the puck and gets bogged down too easily at big moments against very average teams and goalies, like this jambroni AHL'r who just stymied us. if julien stays then assistants like Geoff Ward must go!

lastly, lucic is one of the WORSE big name passers i've seen at his position in a while. its like the puck must be still and within a passing range of 6 feet for him to hit his guy accurately.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Re: i blame this loss on bad FACE-OFFS and.... THE TEA PARTY!

I am begging everyone who has clicked on this link, to please please please not respond to this rant. Everyone after me, just do the right thing and let this pile of deuce fall off the page.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Re: i blame this loss on bad FACE-OFFS and.... THE TEA PARTY!

I would package TT, Krejci, Lucic for a legitimate 40+ goal scorer . Someone with the skills That could lead a top line. And build around that line and Seguin line.

PP coach would be long gone

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

Re: i blame this loss on bad FACE-OFFS, OBAMA KARMA and.... THE TEA PARTY!

Good post CC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Lucic made a pretty nice pass to Seguin in game 6 for the winner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

They had their opportunity to win this game with 2:25 left in regulation, but once again their pathetic powerplay let them down, time for Jeff Ward to go!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty_clipping. Show dirty_clipping's posts

Sorry Mikezor, that's a great original post, other than the opening paragraph.

Not being able to win any of the key face-offs in the offensive zone absolutely killed prime chances for the bear cubs.  Lucic disappeared and seemed to wilt after being hammered around a bit.  Marchand flopped and dived like he's been watching too may Deadliest Catch reruns and trying to ressurect the ghost of Claude Lemieux.

The fact is the Capitals were better than the Bruins and as much as it pains me to say it, Holtby was better than Thomas AND he was facing twice as many shots every night. 

So it came down to goaltending, face-offs and not being able to play the same physically tough game that the Capitals shoved in their faces.  Lucic, Krejci, Peverley & Chara were pathetically horrible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Of course Obama was behind the loss.  The temperature of the ice in the Bruin's offensive end was higher than in the Cap's zone, causing the puck to bounce around and preventing the Bruins from getting clean shots on goal.

If the Gov was able to send a virus to Iran and cause their centrifuges to go haywire, then changing the ice temperature would be child's play in comparison.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

The Bs just weren't hungry enough, which isn't meant as a criticisim.  After seeing last year what it took (takes) to win the Cup, I can see why it would be hard to get up for that grind as soon as a year later.  Last year it took some miraculous performances by players like TT, Marchy, Ryder, Horton, etc. -- this year the boys fell back to earth.

I saw TT smile when it ended, and I felt like some of the guys were basically OK with letting it go.

Hope they can get back next year.  But I can see you've got to want this thing so bad that you'll literally risk your life -- or at least your face and eyes -- to win the Cup.  The Bs had some moments of greatness, but they couldn't sustain them, with one guy picking up for the other when it counted.  Wash was able to, so good for them.  They deserved it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: i blame this loss on bad FACE-OFFS, OBAMA KARMA and.... THE TEA PARTY!:
    [QUOTE]Lucic made a pretty nice pass to Seguin in game 6 for the winner.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]must have been A blind squirrel finding nut day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: i blame this loss on bad FACE-OFFS, OBAMA KARMA and.... THE TEA PARTY!:
    [QUOTE]Sorry Mikezor, that's a great original post, other than the opening paragraph. Not being able to win any of the key face-offs in the offensive zone absolutely killed prime chances for the bear cubs.  Lucic disappeared and seemed to wilt after being hammered around a bit.  Marchand flopped and dived like he's been watching too may Deadliest Catch reruns and trying to ressurect the ghost of Claude Lemieux. The fact is the Capitals were better than the Bruins and as much as it pains me to say it, Holtby was better than Thomas AND he was facing twice as many shots every night.  So it came down to goaltending, face-offs and not being able to play the same physically tough game that the Capitals shoved in their faces.  Lucic, Krejci, Peverley & Chara were pathetically horrible.
    Posted by dirty_clipping[/QUOTE]+1 comrade. glad u can separate the shenanigans from the SUBSTANCE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

What's going on in that profile picture?

Sections
Shortcuts