I Can't Wait For...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: I Can't Wait For...

In response to shuperman's comment:

Homer-troll

Tough, but fair.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

asmaha, I don't think anyone's calling out actual criticism - it's more about threads like this one

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/all-over-lets-hope-now-we-can-get-a-better-draft-pick-/100/6612742

It's the comments from folks like Stanley, SoxFanin Il and Ipot as examples.

This thread is the perfect example

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/bruins-leafs-game-7-gdt/100/6642558?page=16

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Trading Seguin was so dumb!!!

Iginla is too old!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

asmaha, I don't think anyone's calling out actual criticism - it's more about threads like this one

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/all-over-lets-hope-now-we-can-get-a-better-draft-pick-/100/6612742

It's the comments from folks like Stanley, SoxFanin Il and Ipot as examples.

This thread is the perfect example

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/bruins-leafs-game-7-gdt/100/6642558?page=16

Wow, thanks red.  A pleasure to read those threads.  Both as a perfect example of what we're talking about here and some fun to be reminded just how foolish and pathetic some people here were.  I'm a forgiver and a fan of a big tent here, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be mocked tirelessly for such antics.  Stanley...just awful...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Should've kept Khudobin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I know the guys you're talking about - don't worry about that. I'm simply remembering that the cruisade and desire to be Board Patrol shut down good conversation, too. There were more threads about the board dynamics than actual hockey talk, and it was awful.

Most people here aren't idiots. They know a terrible post when they see it. Just let them die. I guess as I reflect on what ticked me off, is that the Cruisade made it all worse and anyone who wanted to chime in with hockey talk may have edited themselves because the thought police were out.

But it's Summah. Not letting it raise my BP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

And Swedish players are soft, so I have concerns about Eriksson and the Yeti.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chicago out-Sweded the Bruins 3-1 in the Finals, with Hjalmarsson and Oduya playing a pretty big role in keeping the Bruin offense in check whenever Seabrook and Keith took a break - considering Leddy never played.  Hjalmarsson played more minutes per game than Seabrook, too.

Stop posting dumb things, you dumb dummy.

signed,

Board Police

Are you not entertained?!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Most people here aren't idiots. They know a terrible post when they see it. Just let them die. I guess as I reflect on what ticked me off, is that the Cruisade made it all worse and anyone who wanted to chime in with hockey talk may have edited themselves because the thought police were out.

^ Whoa, pump your brakes asmaha.  Don't make claims you can't back up with facts. ;)

-Swedish Crusader Eric IX

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I can't imagine being a fan, and not voicing criticism. It actually goes against what being a fan means - imo. The only thing worse on these boards than complaining, is complaining about complaining. Everybody who turned a blind eye to Seguin's lack of competitive play and made the stock I'm a good fan rationalizations please now settle down about complaining. Which btw is most of the ones who are preemptively calling out anyone who has the brains to complain about sitting back with a lead in the 3rd period for example. Guess what? They do it all the time - Guess what else - the did it in the last game of the season. What does that mean if you don't comment on it? You're more knowledgeable? The Bruins are a very good team. They have issues like every other team- ignoring them doesn't make you smarter, or a better poster, or a better fan.

While you're at it, maybe call out the ones who posted that Bergeron is a better all around player than Datsyuk or Crosby...or the ones who posted that Tyler Seguin plays a great two way game, and was a future Selke winner, or maybe the Taylor Hall bashers- what  ? that's ok because it's not complaining?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's hilarious once you get to the 22nd page and NAS comes in and just starts hammering everyone LoL

Thanks for bringing this back up, great for some afternoon laughs..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I can't imagine being a fan, and not voicing criticism. It actually goes against what being a fan means - imo.

Talking about problems with the team is common.  I fully agree that it is part of being a fan.  Post that talk about how terrible Lurch is, how fat Lucic is, how awful Rask is, how they'll never get anywhere with such a miserable powerplay and the rest of the junk that pops up after each loss is unnecessary.

There's a difference, Wensink.

Chat about an issue, fine.  Cry and lambaste the team because they didn't go 98-0 is stupidity.

P.S.  Fire all coaches.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It's hilarious once you get to the 22nd page and NAS comes in and just starts hammering everyone LoL

I didn't turn on my computer until the game was over. 

Talk about a free-for-all!

That was probably the most fun I've had here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

My favourite is page 18, where everyone is talking about who they're going to cheer for in the second round, By the end of it Fly8 and Stanley chimed in ( after previously abadonning the Bruins) with exclamations of just "What?" and our best Habs fan Kennedy adding "Haha! What a game!" I think that all happened around the 4-4 goal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I got a lot of mileage out of RHO posting about getting a text saying Leaf fans were already parading up and down Yonge.  I had a friend who lived right on the corner of Bloor and Yonge - he used to suffer in the Gilmour era, so I know exactly what that looked like, and I know exactly how the news would have spread like the zombie plague in World War Z.  Soooo satisfying.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

That was fun stuff:

Remeber this one? Oh boy did they ever get mad at me. They bailed on their team then got mad for being called out.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/ship-jumpers-roll-call/100/6642680?page=1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wensink, I'm not sure that anything has been discussed and debated more by the regulars than Seguin's shortcomings.  To suggest that it is anything unusual, is crazy.  I remember starting a thread about his lack of engagement a long, long time ago.  Noting that Seguin had problems was as common here as bad grammer, but most of us still thought he would be an excellent player.  Plenty of criticism, and you're on of the only ones that thinks you're unique for being negative.

But when people come totally unglued and vent on the board after losing a single game or falling behind in a playoff game, they'll probably get some crap since this is the best 3-run run we've experienced as fans in the past 40 years. 

Seriously read the link that red posted (pages 16 on) and tell me if you think that "criticism" should be defended...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Another point to add. Is that some people only come on here to complain & whine. They never have anything good to say unless it's a blow out. I remember times when the B's would win by a 5-1 score & they'd whine about Thomas, or Rask not getting the shut-out. They add nothing, but negativity to the forum. There's nothing wrong with being critical, but there is if there's no pleasing you ever. I don't think it's should be as simple as "the B's won that's all that matters" either, this place would be pretty boring if there was no subject up for debate.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

That was fun stuff:

Remeber this one? Oh boy did they ever get mad at me. They bailed on their team then got mad for being called out.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/ship-jumpers-roll-call/100/6642680?page=1

Another good thread and fun to look at now.  One thing to remember is that as bad as the regulars gave it to the whiners after Toronto, it would've been just as bad the other way if the B's had lost.  Even some of the rarely seen whiners were showing up in the 3rd period against Toronto, gathering momentum and waiting to taunt and pester the board all night.  They were waiting to unload ("told you this team stunk!")...then it all turned around...

So, no sympathy from me.  They were ready to dish it out big time.  Ate a fist of crow instead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch: grammar*

Fist of crow.  Love it.  And so true.  I think my favorite was "tiazac."  Guy turns up out of nowhere at some point during the season's low ebb and starts posting short little troll statements: "pathetic."  "no heart whatsover, it's just sad."  Someone else posts that the players don't care, they're all fat on fat contracts and he posts "been saying it for weeks."  So I looked up where he came from and his last post had been from the end of the regular season that led into the Cup win.  Exactly the same garbage.  Same language, same everything.  Not a single post in between and not one visible post with anything substantial to say let alone positive.  So I called him on it.  He seemed to go away until the Leaf series, but there he was with a lampshade on his head at the pity party saying "people called me a troll for saying all the things that are wrong with this team, well where are they now?"  And DrCC called him on it.  Tres funny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fletch: grammar*

Ha...uh...just trying to drive home the point Book...yeah, that's it...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeh, and the first post on this thread points out complaining about taking a lead into the 3rd period as an example, presumably because they ended up winning a game, and  that makes any issues irrelevant. Go watch the 3rd period of game 6, and tell yourself that patterns of a teams play don't matter. Their main goal too many times all year with a lead going into the 3rd - is to chip it out over the blue line, sit back on their heels and play a trapping defensive last 20 minutes. What? that's whining ? That very issue that was apparent all season, and showed itself at the worst possible time, and that's why people bring it up. Because it is a problem, and it doesn't mean sh1t if you win a reg season game in spit of it. If some of you haven't figured it out yet this is where passionate fans come to discuss such issues, but unfortunately have to deal with this nonsense. It's pretty f'd up

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

let's not forget the ever popular "Chara is a pylon" angle

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I can't imagine being a fan, and not voicing criticism. It actually goes against what being a fan means - imo. The only thing worse on these boards than complaining, is complaining about complaining. Everybody who turned a blind eye to Seguin's lack of competitive play and made the stock I'm a good fan rationalizations please now settle down about complaining. Which btw is most of the ones who are preemptively calling out anyone who has the brains to complain about sitting back with a lead in the 3rd period for example. Guess what? They do it all the time - Guess what else - the did it in the last game of the season. What does that mean if you don't comment on it? You're more knowledgeable? The Bruins are a very good team. They have issues like every other team- ignoring them doesn't make you smarter, or a better poster, or a better fan.

While you're at it, maybe call out the ones who posted that Bergeron is a better all around player than Datsyuk or Crosby...or the ones who posted that Tyler Seguin plays a great two way game, and was a future Selke winner, or maybe the Taylor Hall bashers- what  ? that's ok because it's not complaining?

No better yet, let's all cry about PC not acquiring Rick Nash because "he's Rick freaking Nash" or maybe go on for months because we can't figure out how a no movement clause works. How about when you told us that the B's can't win with Julien and that, "Only a know nothing, arrogant, clam strip with an inferiority complex and a low hockey IQ could disagree".  Yeah, keep preaching superfan. It's everyone else who are idiots..........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Wensink, I'm not sure that anything has been discussed and debated more by the regulars than Seguin's shortcomings.  To suggest that it is anything unusual, is crazy.  I remember starting a thread about his lack of engagement a long, long time ago.  Noting that Seguin had problems was as common here as bad grammer, but most of us still thought he would be an excellent player.  Plenty of criticism, and you're on of the only ones that thinks you're unique for being negative.

But when people come totally unglued and vent on the board after losing a single game or falling behind in a playoff game, they'll probably get some crap since this is the best 3-run run we've experienced as fans in the past 40 years. 

Seriously read the link that red posted (pages 16 on) and tell me if you think that "criticism" should be defended...

Fletch, I think this forum is built on debate and I don't know how anyone could see different. I agree with you. It doesn't take a maverick to voice displeasure around here. That's what most people do almost all of the time. I think it's only Stanley and Jwens who think their opinion is making a difference though.

Sections
Shortcuts