I didn't make this up...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I didn't make this up...

From the Angus Reid polling organization. 

Perhaps not as hated as we thought...

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/04/12/for-canadians-the-toronto-maple-leafs-are-the-most-hated-team-in-the-nhl/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: I didn't make this up...

In Response to I didn't make this up...:
    [QUOTE]From the Angus Reid polling organization.  Perhaps not as hated as we thought... http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/04/12/for-canadians-the-toronto-maple-leafs-are-the-most-hated-team-in-the-nhl/
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    49, it is what it is. I remember one year the Hockey News poll had the Habs win the favourite and most hated team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorHook. Show DoctorHook's posts

From what I can tell, Leafs fans hate the Habs and Sens, Habs and Sens fans hate the Leafs, and they all hate the Canucks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Thats like polling Boston fans and saying whose your most hated team?

Most will say Montreal, some will say Vancouver. Almost all will say one or the other.

You also have to bear in mind that was just within Canada. That doesn't count American fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I'm in Canada, I hate Montreal [given], I now hate Vancouver after last years disgusting acts, I love the Leafs because they can't get off their own tails.
    Go B's!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

It also helps that a lot of the voters weren't "true" hockey fans!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow.  The Canucks can't even win a "Most Hated" contest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Maybe this is why Kesler is diving all over the place again. Can't stand coming in second to MTL or TOR.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Hard to dispute this!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: I didn't make this up...:
    [QUOTE]Hard to dispute this! http://canucksarmy.com/2012/4/12/kings-defeat-undisciplined-diving-canucks-in-game-1
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Ron - Their reputation is well-earned and rooted in fact. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

As a Canuck, I'd say the Leafs top my most hated list. As a Bruins fan, the Habs are number two. The Canucks are third. However, if it's a fans hate list rather than the team itself, then Canucks are number one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

wow!!!!.... 14% of Quebec, like myself, hate the habnots....

that % will surely double if the Nordiques ever make a comeback....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Never grew up w/ any hate for Toronto. As a kid I loved it when the Bs played them cause it was virtually an automatic W. I used to like Vancouver teams of the 90s, the team now is nothing like those teams, they were tough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Never grew up w/ any hate for Toronto. As a kid I loved it when the Bs played them cause it was virtually an automatic W. I used to like Vancouver teams of the 90s, the team now is nothing like those teams, they were tough.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.  I was disappointed when the Leafs moved to the B's division.  I had a lot of Leafs gear!  I still don't hate them.  I like when the B's beat them, and I like when the B's finish above them in the standings, but I've been to Toronto many times for games and I always enjoy it.

I used to like the Canucks as well.  Those teams with Bure, Linden and Ronning were no joke.  Now they're a nerf pile of diving, biting, whining women.

The Habs are still my #1 hated team, however.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I found this part interesting considering the bias that Canadian media was portraying during the finals last year.  Basically saying that if were from Canada you should be rooting for the Canucks.

"Nearly half the country, 45 per cent, however, would prefer to see an American team take home the Cup over the Canucks, with Boston (11 per cent), Pittsburgh (8 per cent) and Detroit (8 per cent), the most popular choices."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the Canucks hatred is a new phenomenon too.  I didn't hate the Canucks until recently.  The Bertuzzi thing and all of his defenders always bothered me, but I loved Trevor Linden and rooted strongly for the Canucks vs. the Rangers in '94.  I like plenty of guys since then too.  Was always Naslund fan.  But this crew with Burrows, Lapierre on the ice and Vignault and Gillis running the show is insuferable. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Canucks hatred is a new phenomenon too.  I didn't hate the Canucks until recently.  The Bertuzzi thing and all of his defenders always bothered me, but I loved Trevor Linden and rooted strongly for the Canucks vs. the Rangers in '94.  I like plenty of guys since then too.  Was always Naslund fan.  But this crew with Burrows, Lapierre on the ice and Vignault and Gillis running the show is insuferable. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch - Their stupid nonsense was on full display in the league's showcase of the finals, shown all over instead of confined to mainly the viewers in western time zones.  I was aware of their intense rivalry with the Hawks but I wasn't as familiar with their flopping etc.  Wouldn't shock me if Chicago's dislike for them is stems from this same source.

Canuck games were usually the second half of HNIC double-headers starting around 10:30 here in Toronto.  If they reach the finals again I'll be interested to see which, if any corporations attach their name to a Vancouver Cup drive like ScotiaBank did last year now being fully aware of the Canucks' lousy reputation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I was cheering for the Canucks in 94 big time.  I hated the Rangers and Messier.
    I also never disliked Luongo till last season. He grew up in the same neighborhood as me, played street hockey on the same stree as me and his parents still live there.   He gave my nephew a signed goalie stick, my nephew also is a goalie.
    Then last years Stanely Cup....  he just should have shut his mouth, especially when he was mismatched by opposing goalie's the last 3-4 years in the playoffs.

My most hated team are the Habs,  then the Rangers, Pittsburgh (like Corsby though), Buffalo .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I was cheering for the Canucks in 94 big time.  I hated the Rangers and Messier. I also never disliked Luongo till last season. He grew up in the same neighborhood as me, played street hockey on the same stree as me and his parents still live there.   He gave my nephew a signed goalie stick, my nephew also is a goalie. Then last years Stanely Cup....  he just should have shut his mouth, especially when he was mismatched by opposing goalie's the last 3-4 years in the playoffs. My most hated team are the Habs,  then the Rangers, Pittsburgh (like Corsby though), Buffalo .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Luongo was a good choice for their team captaincy a couple of years ago, eh Legion? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Toronto Maple Leafs - most hated? No way!

How can anyone hate a team and organization that makes you laugh?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I didn't make this up... : Fletch - Their stupid nonsense was on full display in the league's showcase of the finals, shown all over instead of confined to mainly the viewers in western time zones.  I was aware of their intense rivalry with the Hawks but I wasn't as familiar with their flopping etc.  Wouldn't shock me if Chicago's dislike for them is stems from this same source. Canuck games were usually the second half of HNIC double-headers starting around 10:30 here in Toronto.  If they reach the finals again I'll be interested to see which, if any corporations attach their name to a Vancouver Cup drive like ScotiaBank did last year now being fully aware of the Canucks' lousy reputation.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

There were a few dumb-azz Canadian companies that jumped on the Vancouver bandwagon last year, and obviously none...not one, have the foggiest clue about hockey.  Easily, half of the Canadian poplulation will cheer for an original 6 American against a Canadian team.  If thats narrowed down to hockey fans, it's much greater.  Not only do many, many Canadians root for American teams, many others will root for the team they "hate" less(example Calgary fans will always root for any team playing Edmonton.., Toronto fans prefer anyone over Montreal etc))
    Hopefully, these dopes will listen to their marketing people, and realize that saying something that fails to deliver an endearing message....one that more importantly, "clearly annoys" half of their customer base, is an incredibly stupid public relations maneuver.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Canucks hatred is a new phenomenon too.  I didn't hate the Canucks until recently.  The Bertuzzi thing and all of his defenders always bothered me, but I loved Trevor Linden and rooted strongly for the Canucks vs. the Rangers in '94.  I like plenty of guys since then too.  Was always Naslund fan.  But this crew with Burrows, Lapierre on the ice and Vignault and Gillis running the show is insuferable. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Agree w/ this. I loved the makeup of that 94 team w/ Linden, Bure, Courtnall, Adams, Ronning, Babych, Brown, Lumme, Hedican. It played fast and tough. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Canucks suck. I hope they are gone in 4

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe this is why Kesler is diving all over the place again. Can't stand coming in second to MTL or TOR.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Burrows also vying for an Academy Award. Nice punch and run after a scrum. Fortunately the LA player didn't even notice -- thought he got bit by a mosquito.