I do hate always being right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I do hate always being right

I won't belabor this (until they lose game 7) because I said I'd stop.

But when they went up 3-1, reading everyone in Globeland's assumptions that they wouldn't choke astounded me.

Never saw a lead they couldn't blow, in a game or in a series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: I do hate always being right

Were you right when you said you wouldnt watch another game or post in here ever again.

I guaranteed you would do both, look it up.

Now who is right?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

But when they went up 3-1, reading everyone in Globeland's assumptions that they wouldn't choke astounded me.

Well, I guess in about 24 hours we'll know.  Must admit, not a lot to be cocky about, but I won't give up til it's over

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Remember how right you were in 2010-11 about Tim Thomas?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

2010-11 ???  try 2007-2011

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

He knows what I'm talking about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

He knows what I'm talking about.

me too

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Were you right when you said you wouldnt watch another game or post in here ever again.

I guaranteed you would do both, look it up.

Now who is right?

I dont think I said I would never watch another game or post in here ever again.

I assumed they would stop sucking at some point so they would be watchable, but on that count I was wrong.

I said Id stop posting about how horrible this team was. I came back and stuck with commenting on Ottawa and Vancouver. I thought I could do it, but yes you were right. It was inevitable they had one more collossal choke in them (but who knew it would be Flyer proportions?)

So yep, you were partially right too.

When the B's went up 3-1 and I told my wife how bad it was going to suck when they blow this series, she commented that I said that when the B's were up 3-0 vs Philly. 

Tonight she wants me to concentrate on predicting lottery numbers.

Not as easy as predicting Bruins' chokes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

OK, I'm done, I promise

posted at 4/28/2013 12:51 AM EDT

• SoxFanInIL
    • First: 8/9/2012
    • Last: 5/12/2013

There's a few people here that 1. can't take reading things against their awesome third period hockey team, 2. can't use the "Ignore" function, and 3. still believe in the Easter Bunny. So...

I promise, I won't post anymore.

There isn't any joy in noting their knee-shaking predictable third period collapses. I've honestly never seen a team in any sport with this combination of no heart, no talent no character and no coaching. I dare anyone to make the argument there's another team comparable.

I'll continue what I was doing tonight, watching a team like the Red Wings who had the heart to win their last 3 to make the playoffs... vs other teams with heart like Dallas and Columbus who almost found a way to make the playoffs against impossible odds. You know, teams with some heart and character.

I'll check the final score of tomorrow's final choke against Ottawa, and the final scores of the short series loss to the Maple Leafs. Incidentally, both these teams have that ''character" thing going.

I'll supress the annoyance in their final choke and hope everyone gets fired, half the team gets traded, they get 2 new goalies, they mail Geoff Ward to Brazil, and they can start over with a likeable bunch like the Sox did.

Enjoy your sadistic exercise, kids.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: OK, I'm done, I promise

posted at 4/28/2013 12:55 AM EDT

• kelvana33
    • First: 3/28/2010
    • Last: 5/12/2013

You'll watch tomorrows game, you'll watch the playoffs and you'll be back in here posting.

Guaranteed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think your winning the lottery anytime soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I am 100% sure SoxFanInIL would love to be wrong tomorrow night.
    And this is what "the Disciples of Pope Claudius Julius" don't get: SoxFanInIL, ipotnyc, etc. (and me), all of us are real Bruins fans, even if we are critical of them when they are coasting to another defeat. It's just that some people will accept stuff, and some won't.
    Here's an example: I love the Beatles, but you couldn't pay me to listen to "Don't let me down", because IMHO it's a substandard song (and that's putting it mildly), and I don't care if John Lennon put all his love for Yoko into his rendition - this song sucks. But that's just my opinion. I don't have to like everything someone does just because I consider myself a big fan of his/her.

And I won't stop being a Bruins fan even if they lose tomorrow night. I will ask for CJ's head, and I hope I will get it, but I'd much rather see them blow the Leafs away with a big first period and get to the second round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

I am 100% sure SoxFanInIL would love to be wrong tomorrow night.
    And this is what "the Disciples of Pope Claudius Julius" don't get: SoxFanInIL, ipotnyc, etc. (and me), all of us are real Bruins fans, even if we are critical of them when they are coasting to another defeat. It's just that some people will accept stuff, and some won't.
    Here's an example: I love the Beatles, but you couldn't pay me to listen to "Don't let me down", because IMHO it's a substandard song (and that's putting it mildly), and I don't care if John Lennon put all his love for Yoko into his rendition - this song sucks. But that's just my opinion. I don't have to like everything someone does just because I consider myself a big fan of his/her.

And I won't stop being a Bruins fan even if they lose tomorrow night. I will ask for CJ's head, and I hope I will get it, but I'd much rather see them blow the Leafs away with a big first period and get to the second round.

He's a big bruins fan, and I have no doubt he cares deeply about the team. Thats why he gets so negative. Great poster when he isnt being a negative nelly. He's a fellow goalie who wears his emotion on his sleeve.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

He's a big bruins fan, and I have no doubt he cares deeply about the team. Thats why he gets so negative. Great poster when he isnt being a negative nelly. He's a fellow goalie who wears his emotion on his sleeve.

...and if the B's had a few more guys who wear their emotions on their sleeves (goalies, d-men, forwards, even coaches), this series would have been over two nights ago.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Let me explain a hypothetical here because I know where SoxFanIL is coming from:

1.Two fans - Fan A and Fan B - are watching their team:

2. Fan A and Fan B both love their team passionately.

3. The team and its players are paid employees doing a job,  not volunteering to wear a logo.

4. The team loses a big game.

5. Fan B takes it out on the team.

6. Fan A  takes it out on Fan B  

7. Which fan has  issues?

You know what Stockholm Syndrome is? When it comes to "sports culture?"  I'll tell you this much, there's a lot of folks who have a form of that here, and SoxFanIL is NOT one of them.

Has no relevance to this thread.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Let me explain a hypothetical here because I know where SoxFanIL is coming from:

3. The team and its players are paid employees doing a job,  not volunteering to wear a logo.

You know what Stockholm Syndrome is? When it comes to "sports culture?"  I'll tell you this much, there's a lot of folks who have a form of that here, and SoxFanIL is NOT one of them.

Hear Hear.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Evidence of SoxFan always being right.

Wow, I thought you were just a die hard fan that wears his emotions on his lseeve.

Turns out your just a nut.

I guess I was wrong there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Another lie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Is it about the team's performance/outlook or about you and your ablity to assess and make predictions? 

Smacks of another "look at me" thread.

Most are not happy with how they are playing and have been their for awhile.  Most are searching for answers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Everybody knows where that's coming from, and more importantly, assuming someone is taking anything out on Fan B, is totally missing the mark.  Maybe that's the problem here.  Anyone whose played a team sport, at a high level gets it.  You don't get too high, and you don't get too low.  Railing on and on about how your team is a bunch of gutless pukes, is not deserving of any respect.

Would you want this behavior from your teammate?  Don't you see what a cancer it is?

There is plenty of room for constructive criticism.  This tripe should never be confused with that.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

What a drama queen you are, you really should trade in your Bruin's jersey and join your wife's squad. Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

SoxFanInIL has counted to infinity....twice!

SoxFanInIL was what Willis was talking about.

SoxFanInIL knows where Carmen Sandiego is.

SoxFanInIL can touch MC Hammer.

25. This post has been removed.