I do hate always being right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: I do hate always being right

I too will be back next year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

He's a big bruins fan, and I have no doubt he cares deeply about the team. Thats why he gets so negative. Great poster when he isnt being a negative nelly. He's a fellow goalie who wears his emotion on his sleeve.

Let me explain a hypothetical here because I know where SoxFanIL is coming from:

1.Two fans - Fan A and Fan B - are watching their team:

2. Fan A and Fan B both love their team passionately.

3. The team and its players are paid employees doing a job,  not volunteering to wear a logo.

4. The team loses a big game.

5. Fan B takes it out on the team.

6. Fan A  takes it out on Fan B  

7. Which fan has  issues?

You know what Stockholm Syndrome is? When it comes to "sports culture?"  I'll tell you this much, there's a lot of folks who have a form of that here, and SoxFanIL is NOT one of them.

BRAVO!!!

I must admit, though, that stevegm is right - you should never get to high or too low about your team.
    So what do the Bruins have to do? I don't subscribe to the "only Claude Julien's system makes them a contender" theory, this team has enough talent, and with the exception of 2011 it has been underachieving for the past four seasons, and they are yet again on the verge of another epic collapse like in 2010.
    Here are a few things that, to me, are indisputable:

- this team is maddeningly inconsistent

- the Bruins defense is great, but this should not lead them to assume that they can finish games with a lead in "prevention mode", as we have seen multiple times over the years (and nothing has been done about it)

- their transition game is second-rate, at best

- their power play has been abysmal for years, and nothing has been done about it either

The inconsistency issue leads me to believe that there might be a lack of leadership. Cedfano and Bergie strike me as the quiet types; maybe this team needs somebody more vocal who will address issues in the locker room before games, not in interviews after another disappointing non-effort and defeat. (This interview thing has been another indicator for me that something is fundamentally wrong with this team - they will tell the media that they weren't prepared and that they need to play better next game, but will they tell their own teammates?)

The rest are coaching issues. Maybe Claude Julien should not be fired if they lose tonight - a six-year contract extension (PC should be flogged for that) will probably prevent that - but he must change his approach, and he must get rid of Geoff Ward, period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

SoxFanInIL has counted to infinity....twice!

SoxFanInIL was what Willis was talking about.

SoxFanInIL knows where Carmen Sandiego is.

SoxFanInIL can touch MC Hammer.

That's Gold!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Win or loose, critiquing the team is fine.  It can lead to interesting discussions.

However, if the extent of the critique is "they suck!", without even a halfhearted attempt to analyze and understand what happened and how it happened, it really shouldn't be surprising if the response to the critique is equally in-depth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Ingredients
    • ½ cup baby carrots, cut in quarters lengthwise
    • ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
    • ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    • ¼ cup Cajun spice mix
    • ¼ cup of Hidden Valley® Original
    • 1 bag (8.5 ounces) barbecue flavored potato chips
    • 1 can (2¼ ounces) sliced black olives, drained
    • 1 large white onion, peeled and sliced into ¾-inch thick slices
    • 1 package (6 ounces) mixed lettuce
    • 2 teaspoons black pepper
    • 8 chicken thighs, bone-in
    Instructions
    1. Mix Cajun spices and black pepper in small bowl. Reserve half of the mixture for the onions. Season chicken thighs with ½ of spice mixture and refrigerate 2 hours.
    2. Light grill using Kingsford® briquets. When coals turn to a white ash, add a handful of pre-soaked Kingsford® Hickory Chips. Brush grill grate with oil or coat with nonstick spray.
    3. Place chicken on grill over indirect heat, covered for 25–30 minutes, or until temperature reaches 175°F–180°F.
    4. Rub reserved spice mixture on both sides of onion rings and place on grill with chicken for the last 15–20 minutes, until tender but still crispy.
    5. Remove chicken and onions from grill. Discard chicken skin and remove meat from bone, leaving it in large pieces. Set aside.
    6. In a large bowl, mix lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, olives and cheese. Top with chicken and onion rings. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and ranch dressing and line potato chips around outside of bowl.
    7. Serve immediately.
    8. *May substitute with two chicken breasts. Grill chicken breasts over direct heat about 24–30 minutes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Win or loose, critiquing the team is fine.  It can lead to interesting discussions.

However, if the extent of the critique is "they suck!", without even a halfhearted attempt to analyze and understand what happened and how it happened, it really shouldn't be surprising if the response to the critique is equally in-depth.

Couple that with such a strong desire to come running here and dance on their graves with "told ya so's" and its no wonder the respect is gone for a long time poster.  

The desperation to be right that "they suck" seems to have crossed the line where the poster is actually rooting against them so as to avoid the insecurity of being upset when they fail.  Coming here to celebrate a loss in Game 6?  Before the series is even over?  Pathetic.  Classic defense mechanism -- like breaking up with someone before they can break up with you so it hurts less.  It's weak.  Strap on a set.  It sucks when they lose, but when they win...nothing like it.

It's always going to be hard to root for 1 team in a tournament of 16.  Your team will almost definitely lose.  If you can't handle losing, play NHL 13 on rookie all day instead.  Otherwise, just accept that the Bruins are an imperfect team that probably won't win the Cup.  But it's fun watching them try.  Try to enjoy it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

Couple that with such a strong desire to come running here and dance on their graves with "told ya so's" and its no wonder the respect is gone for a long time poster.  

The desperation to be right that "they suck" seems to have crossed the line where the poster is actually rooting against them so as to avoid the insecurity of being upset when they fail.  Coming here to celebrate a loss in Game 6?  Before the series is even over?  Pathetic.  Classic defense mechanism -- like breaking up with someone before they can break up with you so it hurts less.  It's weak.  Strap on a set.  It sucks when they lose, but when they win...nothing like it.

It's always going to be hard to root for 1 team in a tournament of 16.  Your team will almost definitely lose.  If you can't handle losing, play NHL 13 on rookie all day instead.  Otherwise, just accept that the Bruins are an imperfect team that probably won't win the Cup.  But it's fun watching them try.  Try to enjoy it.

Well said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He's just trying to get a lock on the "Fairweathers" and ipot isn't giving up the award without a fight. Ipot's useless little story about fans A and B was hilarious. I had no idea he and soxfan were just taking out there frustration on the team. Let us all know how the team reacts to it but I for one couldn't care less what weak minded losers think of the Bruins. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Grilled Blood Chuck Steak

Directions  
    1. Mix marmalade, water, soy sauce, mojo criollo dressing, brown sugar, orange juice, ginger, garlic powder, and orange zest in a bowl. Measure 1 cup marinade and pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef to bag. Seal bag and turn beef inside bag to coat completely. Marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, for at least 8 hours to overnight. Cover bowl with remaining marinade and refrigerate.
    2. Remove beef from marinade; discard used marinade.
    3. Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
    4. Grill beef on the preheated grill, basting frequently with reserved marinade, until desired doneness is reached, 5 to 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

He's just trying to get a lock on the "Fairweathers" and ipot isn't giving up the award without a fight. Ipot's useless little story about fans A and B was hilarious. I had no idea he and soxfan were just taking out there frustration on the team. Let us all know how the team reacts to it but I for one couldn't care less what weak minded losers think of the Bruins.

Cmon on down SoxFan please come back with IPot to tell us some more...Tongue Out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's quiet tonight...Probably out buying that lottery ticket his wife told him to buy since he's always right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

He's a big bruins fan, and I have no doubt he cares deeply about the team. Thats why he gets so negative. Great poster when he isnt being a negative nelly. He's a fellow goalie who wears his emotion on his sleeve.

Let me explain a hypothetical here because I know where SoxFanIL is coming from:

1.Two fans - Fan A and Fan B - are watching their team:

2. Fan A and Fan B both love their team passionately.

3. The team and its players are paid employees doing a job,  not volunteering to wear a logo.

4. The team loses a big game.

5. Fan B takes it out on the team.

6. Fan A  takes it out on Fan B  

7. Which fan has  issues?

You know what Stockholm Syndrome is? When it comes to "sports culture?"  I'll tell you this much, there's a lot of folks who have a form of that here, and SoxFanIL is NOT one of them.

Hear 

I like post of ipotnyc

Makes sense -  I always say You 're only as good as your last job. Its a business you get commended when you do well you get chit  when you do bad - accept it ! 

I wonder if some ever experienced work pressure. Once again it's a business for everyone including the fans. We are the customers so when we are satisfied we commend although e even this can be debated and when we arenot satisfied we boo or whatever other form of expression

Sections
Shortcuts