I Don't Get It.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I Don't Get It.....

So it looks like Seguin is gonna be the healthy scratch tonight in favor of everyone's favorite Michael Ryder.  I don't understand the reasoning behind this.  Ryder scores ONE TIME in 14 (yes, you read that right, 14) games, and he gets moved up to the third line.  Really?  Just, really?  Can any of you help understand this, 'cause it's got me very very baffled.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: I Don't Get It.....

That's because Claude has a man crush on him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i see where your at with this, but this has been done to death, and then done to death a few more times. We aren't going to get any insight into why this is happening, but there are many other topics to discuss that are more worth while

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Well, if only scoring once in 14 games is your metric, how is Seguin's none in last 9 and one in last 18 better?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to I Don't Get It.....:
    [QUOTE]So it looks like Seguin is gonna be the healthy scratch tonight in favor of everyone's favorite Michael Ryder.  I don't understand the reasoning behind this.  Ryder scores ONE TIME in 14 (yes, you read that right, 14) games, and he gets moved up to the third line.  Really?  Just, really?  Can any of you help understand this, 'cause it's got me very very baffled.
    Posted by beantown m15[/QUOTE]

Yeah i don't think we will see Seguin anymore this year ,with Thornton back and Ryder scoring a goal,plus Paille got a couple goals,Julian not going to play Seguin in playoffs,i think it's a mistake the kid needs to learn,and i'm sorry but realistically i don't think Boston has that much chance of winning Cup this year,i really hope i'm wrong,thats why i say let the kid play,get him experience for next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Suspend your disbelief. 

They are resting Seguin for the playoffs.

If you're interested, there's a bridge (maybe even 2) that I'd like to sell you.

Call me stark raving nuts, say I don't know anything about hockey, but I think Seguin belongs on the PP.  True he hasn't found the back of the net yet on the pp, but he's done all except that.

And why not INCREASE his minutes now that these games are meaningless?

They need able bodies READY for the playoffs and I don't see how sitting him gets him ready for the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: I Don't Get It.....:
    [QUOTE]Well, if only scoring once in 14 games is your metric, how is Seguin's none in last 9 and one in last 18 better?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean.  I should clarify.  Ryder plays horribly for a loooong stretch and then scores a goal and gets moved up a line?  Seguins hasn't been finding the back of the net, but he's been playing very well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

agreed badhab... now is the time of year (in my opinion) to rest the vets, and play the rooks. make it a tryout situation for the playoff roster. there really is nothing to lose here, they are 3 seed, with zero control over who they will face in the playoffs. hopefully it all works itself out... we'll see 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]Suspend your disbelief.  They are resting Seguin for the playoffs. If you're interested, there's a bridge (maybe even 2) that I'd like to sell you. Call me stark raving nuts, say I don't know anything about hockey, but I think Seguin belongs on the PP.  True he hasn't found the back of the net yet on the pp, but he's done all except that. And why not INCREASE his minutes now that these games are meaningless? They need able bodies READY for the playoffs and I don't see how sitting him gets him ready for the playoffs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Exactly BadHab.  If these games mean nothing and you're not going to play him in the playoffs, why not give him more time and rest the guys you ARE going to play?  You might be onto something there.  Maybe he's going to see his minutes increase in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seguin's dropped off a bit from where he was two weeks ago when people started to see what he will be - as early as next year, but probably not by the playoffs.  The pattern with him has been, when he needs a pantskicking to get back in gear, they sit him.  He needs a pantskicking.  He sits.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and "one law for the lion and the lamb is tyranny"

...meaning Seguin and Ryder are different players in different situations, so the significance of this is different for each player in terms of how the team is "handling" them.

A primed and energized Ryder makes the Bruins a better team in the playoffs.  A slightly more experienced Seguin may mean nothing for the team in the short term.  It's highly unlikely it would make a difference between him contributing to the playoff effort and sitting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Don't Get It..... : I see what you mean.  I should clarify.  Ryder plays horribly for a loooong stretch and then scores a goal and gets moved up a line?  Seguins hasn't been finding the back of the net, but he's been playing very well.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    Understandable.  I think this isn't so much Ryder being moved up as pushed up though - Julien wants Thornton back in the line-up, and he has to be on the 4th line (a bit of a silly statement, since his presence in fact defines the 4th line).  So it is either sit Paille, or bump up Ryder and sit someone else.

Incidentally, where did you hear that Seguin might sit?  All I can find is Bish's tweet that "a couple of other decisions" would be made befor the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, and "one law for the lion and the lamb is tyranny" ...meaning Seguin and Ryder are different players in different situations, so the significance of this is different for each player in terms of how the team is "handling" them. A primed and energized Ryder makes the Bruins a better team in the playoffs.  A slightly more experienced Seguin may mean nothing for the team in the short term.  It's highly unlikely it would make a difference between him contributing to the playoff effort and sitting.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

OK, in the mean time we have Thornton with his half his head sewn back together in the lineup for tonight.

That makes the least sense of anything, at least to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

worth it's own post...

Thornton in the lineup with his half his head sewn back on v. the Islanders.

The Islanders.

Shouldn't guys with names like Zach and Trent be in the line up for this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Seguin can't play defense and he doesn't know what to do in the offensive zone if he doesn't have the puck. I saw him break up a great play last game. Problem was that he was breaking up Peverely as he inexplicably decided to attempt a steal from him in the offensive zone.

I see a lot of promise in Seguin but I also see a guy that isn't ready for the NHL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

good point bad hab... if thornton is wanted and needed for the playoffs, let him heal. you think the isles aren't going to reopen that cut?  being a 4th line guy he doesn't have to worry about regaining his chemistry as much as the skilled lines, let him rest up! i do bet he's in the ears of the coaches though- the guys a battler.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]good point bad hab... if thornton is wanted and needed for the playoffs, let him heal. you think the isles aren't going to reopen that cut?  being a 4th line guy he doesn't have to worry about regaining his chemistry as much as the skilled lines, let him rest up! i do bet he's in the ears of the coaches though- the guys a battler.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

If he's in the ears of the coaches, then the coaches should remind him that the top of his head will flap in the breeze if those stitches pop.

I'd go as far as to say it's just insane to put him back in the lineup before the playoffs.

Conversely, I can see no reason whatever to have him play  for ANY injury, much less having his head cut off.

You know how they have 'upper body injury' and 'lower body injury' and all that?

new category just for Thornton - 'head cut off'

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The issue should not be between Seguin or Ryder in the playoffs .
    Why does Thorton come before Seguin ?  Really !
    This coming from Thorton according to BruinsBlog :
    "This team’s built on finishing your checks. You’re not supposed to spin off and spray snow"

If Thorton really said this he should look himself in the mirror. He also does not finish his checks and many times gets to the puck carrier late due to his slowness.

Thorton is part of my bold prediction or should I say , I HOPE NOT !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They should be playing Seguin, Hamil, Caron and sitting guys like Recchi, Bergeron, Krejci

Does this coach have any common sense?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]They should be playing Seguin, Hamil, Caron and sitting guys like Recchi, Bergeron, Krejci Does this coach have any common sense?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

bewildering.

#1 Bruin for me on a breakaway - Seguin.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]They should be playing Seguin, Hamil, Caron and sitting guys like Recchi, Bergeron, Krejci Does this coach have any common sense?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]
    A team may face fines for sitting out an uninjured player(simply to rest him).A fan that buys tickets for game 82 deserves to see all of the players he paid to see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ryder has played 1,000 times better the past 2 games than he has in a long time. It's a meaningless game and Seguin is probably going to be healthy-scratched quite a bit in the playoffs if Thornton returns and Paille is given time. Bottom line on Seguin is he has a bright future, he has nice skills, but so often he's been non-existent. It took Marchand a little while in a B's jersey to figure out he can excel. It's going to take a younger guy like Seguin a lot more time, just like it did for Joe Thornton who barely played his first season for B's. Seguin just isn't a NHL player worth noting about right now. or worrying about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

I believe in the palyoffs you can dress an extra player.......so Seguin woul be in the lineup anyways.

DC

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Chia and Claude are ridiculous, they play the same style they use to manage, no mistakes, little risk, don't do anything bold ever.  I have been on the fire clod bandwagon, but not over board about it like some, but this just adds more fuel to the fire.  Bruins lack the needed talent to get a cup, Seguin is our big hope to give us that top guy upfront, and this coach has no clue how to develop that.  I would contend Chia doesn't either, and that PC loves his 3rd and 4th line guys who don't make mistakes more than a potential game breaker!  These forwards they love don't win championships, Chicago, Pitt, Det's forwards and talent on D win cups!

I for one am sick of how passive this coach and gm are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to I Don't Get It.....:
    [QUOTE]So it looks like Seguin is gonna be the healthy scratch tonight in favor of everyone's favorite Michael Ryder.  I don't understand the reasoning behind this.  Ryder scores ONE TIME in 14 (yes, you read that right, 14) games, and he gets moved up to the third line.  Really?  Just, really?  Can any of you help understand this, 'cause it's got me very very baffled.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Claude sucks and should be canned nuf said....

Sections
Shortcuts