I feel better after Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I feel better after Game 1

What we now know is that these teams are evenly matched, which is something few were saying prior to puck drop. The game came down to a single bounce, which is not what Vancouver was expecting. Bruins played well but lost and I am okay with that. There are obvious improvements that can be made (discipline mainly), but that was a good road game that just didn't go our way at the end.

Change nothing, be more disciplined, and I like our chances. Can't wait for game 2!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: I feel better after Game 1

I feel far worse.  The Bs were going to lose the offensive shootouts with Vancouver.  They had to win the tight low scoring games, especially in their barn.

I feel much worse about their chances now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

lots of b's faceoff wins turned into nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

They lost game 1 to the Habs and looked worse to the loss to Tampa in game1 of that series.
    I think Bruins put a scare into Canucks.
    Saturday will be a better game but the Bruins need to create traffic on Luongo. I can't say it enough.
    Luongo is not strong with pucks in close.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1:
    I feel far worse.  The Bs were going to lose the offensive shootouts with Vancouver.  They had to win the tight low scoring games, especially in their barn. I feel much worse about their chances now.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

But many were saying Vancouver would never let Boston keep it close. If the next 3 games are like that, Boston heads to game 5 at least tied. You're not always going to win the one-goal games, but it's a numbers game and if we can keep neutralizing their power play, I like our chances. I still like Timmy over Luongo over the long haul too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dc

good post dude.  One bounce and we could be up 1-0.  I didnt like the flow at all and the game was sloppy all around.  Not scoring on the 5-3 hurt.  TT was great, Chara was great.  Lucic was terrible as was Horton.  I hope a speed game doesnt get these guys lost.  Cause they looked slow and lost. 
    They lost Hamhuis.  He looked very hurt.  They have good guys to fill in but he is probably their best shutdown type dman.  If DK/Lucic/Horton can't advantage of this we won't win. 
    Not sure Burrows will get anything.  Two sides to this.  If someone jams something in your mouth one normally bites.  Burrows is a rat and he had a piece of cheese in his mouth.  I don't think they will suspend him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJLOVER. Show JJLOVER's posts

They lost game 1 to the Habs and looked worse to the loss to Tampa in game1 of that series. I think Bruins put a scare into Canucks. Saturday will be a better game but the Bruins need to create traffic on Luongo. I can't say it enough. Luongo is not strong with pucks in close.
    Posted by BsLegion

Good Points
    Other than the 5-3 did Luongo really make a tough save!
    Thomas was brilliant, Rechi cannot stay on the PP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

shupe

I thought Krejci played well, but Horton and Lucic left me wanting. That's another area the Bruins can look to for a boost in game 2 -- still lots to give and not outclassed at all, why not be confident?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bslegion,

Completely agreed on rebounds. The powerplay looked pretty decent in the first with some harmless shots towards Chara and some battles. Luongo has always had an issue with rebounds and the Bruins need to capitalize on this. Going to Shupe's point, this is where Lucic and Horton could really, really bring a lot more and give the B's the edge.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Lost opportunity tonite for the B's.. Vancouver was there for the taking.. just could not finish.. Still wondering how Recchi misses that open side on the 5 on 3..
    Boychuk can't go for the highlite hit there in the dying seconds and miss Kesler and put the D short.. too risky of a gamble there and the B's got burned.. Bad play.

From a Bruins perspective they hung in there with the Canucks and their vaunted PP which was going to reduce the B's to nothing , well , certainly didn't overwhelm the B's.. If that is the best VanCity has to offer then the B's will be fine..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dc,

I am confident. Have been since we got in.  Lucic has to be a lot better.  What we know is we can play better.  What we also know is so can they.  Sloppy effort by both teams.
    I thought DK was very good.  He stirs the drink on that line.  Our 3rd line was out played by theirs.  BsL said it would come down to 3-4th lines.  Well.  We are down 1-0 in that department as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

HOW can you possibly feel better after a loss?!?! Typical dellusional fan

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

let's be honest here, if TT had been just very good tonite, the Canucks would've locked up the contest much earlier....

b's didn't force Luongo to make many difficult saves, if any....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup totally agree, I thought the game would be a 4 to 1 Vancouver win.  The Bs played well, the power play will be an issue if the series goes to a five, six, or seven games.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

The B's need to forecheck better and crash the net like hell. Their M.O. has been to start off slowly and get better as the games go on. Lets hope they have a fire under their a$s next game and show a relentless forecheck. They can certainly beat these guys. Go B's!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I liked the play besides the last 10 mins the bruins just sat back and play was in their end the final 10 mins. Your just asking to be scored on when you sit back. Thomas was GREAT though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I certainly don't feel better... winner of Game 1 wins the Cup 86% of the time. OUCH!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bslegion, Completely agreed on rebounds. The powerplay looked pretty decent in the first with some harmless shots towards Chara and some battles. Luongo has always had an issue with rebounds and the Bruins need to capitalize on this. Going to Shupe's point, this is where Lucic and Horton could really, really bring a lot more and give the B's the edge.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

This is why I disagree having Chara in front of the net on PP.
    Yes he's a big body but he's not good on deflections and does not have a qucik stick for thiose rebounds.
    Guys like Horton, Lucic or even Recchi must be in front of the net on PP.
    Good night all and don't lose any sleep over this game.
    I'm not worried but come game6 I'll be tense.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hamhuis and Burrows out for game 2 so I feel great about getting the split DC. That last play was offsides by a country mile. The refs and linesman tried to control the game too much hopefully Terry Gregson will be all over those fools.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to I feel better after Game 1:
    What we now know is that these teams are evenly matched, which is something few were saying prior to puck drop. The game came down to a single bounce, which is not what Vancouver was expecting. Bruins played well but lost and I am okay with that. There are obvious improvements that can be made (discipline mainly), but that was a good road game that just didn't go our way at the end. Change nothing, be more disciplined, and I like our chances. Can't wait for game 2!
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

good post dc. i was worried going into this game. mostly about vancouver's team speed, layoff for thomas and Vancouver's power play. i thought all of those things were neutralized. i agree with acouple of the guys. after Montreal and Tampa game 1 losses at home i was worried because not only did they lose but Tampa and Montreal looks better then the bruins did. tonight was a chess game on the road. some things to fix(stay out of box,better break outs and more scoring chances) but that stuff is minor. your right they play the same way next game they could easily win. especially with potentially hamhuis out with injury and burrows possible suspension

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I certainly don't feel better... winner of Game 1 wins the Cup 86% of the time. OUCH!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

I'm aware of that as well.  Here's to hoping the Bruins are part of the 14%!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : I'm aware of that as well.  Here's to hoping the Bruins are part of the 14%!!!!!
    Posted by jalvis

Fortunately the Bruins haven't let history get in their way in these playoffs. What usually happens doesn't matter anymore.      4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

No offense but how the hell can anyone feel better after your team has lost the opening game of the Stanley Cup final??? Yeah, they lost by a single goal in the final seconds of the game (Wow, fantastic, high fives all around, success!! We lost. What a relief!) but that's hardly a consolation prize.
    The Bs need to break that pattern of losing the first game, then playing well for a few games, before biting for a few and then finally coming around in the final few minutes of the series for the win. They're not going to get away with that against Vancouver.

They must win game 2 and they've got to do it not for me, their wives, Claude, Jacobs, Eddie Shore  or the Hockey Gods but for themselves. There's no bigger motivation than that.

Now get out there and bust some skulls!!

Sections
Shortcuts