I feel better after Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: I feel better after Game 1

I just hope TT doesn't have to stand on his head every game for the B's to stay close. All of the shots Luongo faced seemed to be very managable. The Bruins ,if anything need to make life more difficult for this very beatable goalie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : Asmaha-interesting breakdown of icetime. I didn't realize Kaberle played as little as he did. In his limited amount of ice time, I thought he played a strong game.There were a number of times in which he did a good job of holding the offensive blue line. Any of last night's PP woes had nothing to do with Kaberle. Time for Chara to go back to firing rockets from the point. The up front experiment just didn't work.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

don't let the kaberle hate parade catch you saying this. but i agree, i thought he also had a strong game 7 against TB. i think he has fought through the toughest stretch here and looks to be calming down. problem for him (in the eyes of many fans) is if he doesn't do something spectacular, he sucks. i say more ice time.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I just hope TT doesn't have to stand on his head every game for the B's to stay close. All of the shots Luongo faced seemed to be very managable. The Bruins ,if anything need to make life more difficult for this very beatable goalie.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    What I saw was an offensive effort eerily similar to the 1st T-Bay game. Boston needs to make Luongo work harder just like they did when they figured out Roloson. We'll see Luongo pulled before this series is over(just like EVERY goalie Boston has faced thus far).I wasn't worried down 0-2 to Montreal and I'm not worried now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

all this means is that they won't sweep the canucks!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

We should have won that game.  That is a rare "off game" by Vancouver.  And a rare "Tim Thomas can steal one for us" game by Boston. 

Yes Boston can be better.  Horton, Krejci, Lucic.  But Vancouver will be deadly if they get another 4-5 powerplay opportunities.

We should have won that one.  Damn

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

B's played good on D, goal tending was great, offensively they need to step it up.  They didn't go for the throat on their chances.  Alsmost seemed like they were avoiding traffic in front of the net.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : Excellent point, RidingwithKing.  This is all about our forwards getting their act together and staying in their end.  If you can't generate pressure on offense 5 on 5  (let's not even get started on the PP), you're not going to do much. Luongo had an easy night. The Vancouver D IS tough, but we: 1. Have to stop shooting from the blue line. 2. Move more quickly in their zone. 3. Faster on the draw to pass and shoot IN the lanes in front of Luongo. 4. And, of course, work from the forecheck. We were able to generate pressure and keep TB hemmed in; we have to do the same here.  Faster, quicker to decide, essentially "Non-Kaberle" hockey. Let Seguin loose!!
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

I concur.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]Just read this from Kalman. Yeesh. I didn't realize it was that bad.... "With the goal for Vancouver tonight, Boychuk has now been on the ice for the Bruins’ last seven goals against since Game 5 against Tampa Bay in the Eastern Conference Final." Any chance Kaberle is put out there instead of Boychuck as a regular on the 2nd pairing? Chara-Seids/Kaberle-Ference...then spell in Boychuck and McQuaid sparingly. VAN usually does something similar with 5 D-men and it works for them. Last night... Chara - 28:09 Seidenberg - 27:13 Ference - 21:12 Boychuck - 20:31 Kaberle - 14:12 McQuaid - 09:46 vs. Ehrhoff - 26:26 Edler - 24:27 Bieksa - 22:43 Rome - 19:29 Salo - 17:25 Hamhuis (injury) - 08:09
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Boychuk gets a rush of blood now and then. Game 6 against Tampa he was all over the place. Game 7 he was a lot better but I still remember one ill advised pinch. Last night he could easily have held position and blocked Kesler's advance into the zone. Instead he tried to pinch past and ended up nowhere. He just needs to get it into his thick skull that he's not a superstar. He's a depth d-man with a decent shot and the ability to make the occasional big hit. That's the way he should be playing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : Boychuk gets a rush of blood now and then. Game 6 against Tampa he was all over the place. Game 7 he was a lot better but I still remember one ill advised pinch. Last night he could easily have held position and blocked Kesler's advance into the zone. Instead he tried to pinch past and ended up nowhere. He just needs to get it into his thick skull that he's not a superstar. He's a depth d-man with a decent shot and the ability to make the occasional big hit. That's the way he should be playing.
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

Spot on remark.... and coupled with my byline below is what the Bs need to change the pace!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Last night was a solid display by the Bruins.  Contrary to the popular belief up here, the Bruins proved they belong on the same ice as those guys.  I've never been a fan of when the Bruins trade end-to-end rushes with the opposition as I feel it loosens the structure of their trap style.  Post-game I thought when Thomas provides the B's with the kind of goaltending that is good enough to win, they have to take advantage of it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Thanks Islamorada. I never actually played hockey but growing up in Scotland we'd take every opportunity to play football (or soccer as you guys like to call it).
    One of the things taht was drummed into us from a very young age when you're in a defensive situation... STAY GOAL-SIDE.

It  drives me nuts to see Boychuk go one way and the puck + forward going the other. He should watch Sides who I wouldn't say is particularly more skilled as a player but is streets ahead when it comes to positioning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swanmanny. Show Swanmanny's posts

[QUOTE]I certainly don't feel better... winner of Game 1 wins the Cup 86% of the time. OUCH!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

But who ever wins four out of seven wins 100% of the time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princerox. Show princerox's posts

This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs. One goal leads are EXPECTED, blowout wins are NOT!
    The Bruins held two skilled offenses scoreless for 5 periods, although, save for one Vancouver shot the hitting the crossbar and another trickling to the right post, the first finals game could have been 3-0 instead of 1-0.
    The Bruins have to convert some of their scoring chances to make this work.
    Bottom line....Keep up the agressive play and PUT THE BISCUIT IN THE BASKET!

GO BRUINS! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : But who ever wins four out of seven wins 100% of the time
    Posted by Swanmanny[/QUOTE]

Too true. What were some of those other dopey stats?

Bruins had never gone 0-2 in best of 7 and won.

Roloson had never lost an elimition game.

1 loss is disappointing but can be turned around just like all the other adversity. This team plays best when no-one gives them a chance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncursed. Show uncursed's posts

Well said  , Kurako  !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

You must feel excellent after game 2 then. That was so encouraging, no? They almost won again. Yipee!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

Kurako is spot on. If there has been one thing consistently true throughout these playoffs, it has been that they Bruins are defying all the statistics against them. So why not change another.

I still feel really good about the Bruins. They still have yet to play their best, in sync hockey in this series. If they can take the next two(which by the accounts of the first two games they should easily be able to) then this series has a completely different make up once again. You can't tell me that talk would change if the Bruins take the next two.

Right now they are playing like the regular season where they would go on a three game tear looking like an elite team and then have a stretch of looking slow, burned out and out of sync and then recover and go on a tear again. So I think their best two games have yet to be played. I firmly believe if they are the first to score and hopefully score two before Canucks net one, they will fizzle out this Canucks team like they did to Tampa Bay and Montreal in their wins against them. The Canucks need a reason to panic and thrown out of their rhythm. That's how the B's beat Tampa.

Sections
Shortcuts