I feel better after Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Re: I feel better after Game 1

The Bruins have no shot at beating the Canucks. They are way more talented. The Bruins are satisfied with just getting there. Glad I turned it off halfway through.Losers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : Fortunately the Bruins haven't let history get in their way in these playoffs. What usually happens doesn't matter anymore.      4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree. What's weird is that I had a bad gut feeling about Game 1 from the get-go, but was convinced it would be more of a 5-1 blow-out kind of loss, not the squeaker 1-0 it was.

But as much as I had a bad gut feeling about Game 1, I've got just as strong a good gut feeling about Game 2.

The mark of this Bruins team all playoffs long has been to put bad games or tough losses behind them and come out strong the following (think games 3 and 4 vs. Mtl., Game 2 after Game 1 v. TB; Game 5 after blowing the 3-0 lead  in Game 4 v. TB, and Game 7 after the sloppiness of Game 6 v. TB).

Look, if they don't get the split it looks grim, but they DID play well last night, and if CJ is smart enough to take Recchi off the PP, they should get better results in Game 2. (Also, can we please see more of Rich Peverly, who seems to have an extra gear nobody else has?)

The B;'s played a very good game last night, but the 18 secs. left goal didn't feel like a back-breaker to me. In a game like that, the last 5 mins. was really OT anyway. They could have lost just as easily on the shot that rang off the post. If they had lost in an actual OT period that woulda hurt as well, so I see the 18 secs. left goal as really just an OT thing.

Bottom line: It's just one game, and if you had to pick a game to lose that would hurt your chances at winning a series the LEAST, it would be Game 1.

I got a good feeling about Game 2, kids. And if the Bruins do come back to Boston with a split, my prediction of Bruins in 7 is still lookin' good.

Let's see...but let's also keep believin'.

Sincerely,
    Your newly-pollyanna-ed TTBI.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : Gotta agree. What's weird is that I had a bad gut feeling about Game 1 from the get-go, but was convinced it would be more of a 5-1 blow-out kind of loss, not the squeaker 1-0 it was. But as much as I had a bad gut feeling about Game 1, I've got just as strong a good gut feeling about Game 2. The mark of this Bruins team all playoffs long has been to put bad games or tough losses behind them and come out strong the following (think games 3 and 4 vs. Mtl., Game 2 after Game 1 v. TB; Game 5 after blowing the 3-0 lead  in Game 4 v. TB, and Game 7 after the sloppiness of Game 6 v. TB). Look, if they don't get the split it looks grim, but they DID play well last night, and if CJ is smart enough to take Recchi off the PP, they should get better results in Game 2. (Also, can we please see more of Rich Peverly, who seems to have an extra gear nobody else has?) The B;'s played a very good game last night, but the 18 secs. left goal didn't feel like a back-breaker to me. In a game like that, the last 5 mins. was really OT anyway. They could have lost just as easily on the shot that rang off the post. If they had lost in an actual OT period that woulda hurt as well, so I see the 18 secs. left goal as really just an OT thing. Bottom line: It's just one game, and if you had to pick a game to lose that would hurt your chances at winning a series the LEAST, it would be Game 1. I got a good feeling about Game 2, kids. And if the Bruins do come back to Boston with a split, my prediction of Bruins in 7 is still lookin' good. Let's see...but let's also keep believin'. Sincerely, Your newly-pollyanna-ed TTBI.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I personally don't think either team played great. I thought the play was very sloppy and the refs added enough penalities to take any flow outta the game.  Some nice hits.  Problem is we wore the bad ones. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Every game will have a character of its own, and Game 1 was about sloppy play and too many penalties. I don't think a 1-0 loss will get in anyone's head, and look for Game 2 to have a completely different feel to it.

I thought Boston played a pretty goad road game until about 8 mins left. They withstood the early rush and got some chances. Sat back too much at the end there, as both teams seemed to be playing for OT until the major goof on the goal. It's tough to comment about matchups and TOI when there are so many penalties called; I don't think either coach played who they ideally wanted and when they wanted. 

Thomas looked great and will have to continue to be. Some added pressure on Luongo, a bounce here and there and the Bs will continue to be right in this series.

It's going to be like this, folks. Boston only has a shot if the series goes 6 or 7, and they may even lose in a blowout one of these games. Take them one at a time and they should be in this thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the positives are that the Bruins should feel confident about playing the Canucks evenly and more importantly, about handling the 1st line firepower.  The Sedins were very quiet and had that look of impotence that they sometimes have in the playoffs.

The one big negative is, of course the powerplay.  I had hoped and prayed that this series would be different.  If we were waiting for a game that was lost simply because the powerplay couldn't score -- this was it.  Long powerplays, 5-3's, and still nothing.  We have an achillis heal that could cost us the Cup.

I am really starting to believe that that the Bruins chances hinge on special teams.  Get it going boys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

DC and Shupe are right on. IMO the loooong plane ride could account for the drop off in the third. If so, later games after both have looong rides could be more telling. Yes, DC, the third line, particularly Slyder needs to step it up, and maybe Claude needs to encourage Seguin to forego defense for offense, the kid is sticking to third man high too closely. Horton was absent, needs a kick in the rump; Kaberle holding the puck on that 5 on 3, and other standing around indicates no new perspective on PP from Ward or Claude. Rex definitely is showing his decline. Don't know how to change that since Claude has not prepared Caron or Arneil

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Hamhuis and Burrows out for game 2 so I feel great about getting the split DC. That last play was offsides by a country mile. The refs and linesman tried to control the game too much hopefully Terry Gregson will be all over those fools.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Glasses fogged up again.  Not one Bruin player said a word about it.  And a Country Mile?  Too funny.  Man your posts are going to the $hitter

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe... the real question is... why aren't YOU calling for a suspension for torres? he punched kelly square in the face- a real punch, not a face wash. earlier in the playoffs, you were calling for bruin suspensions. should have definitely been a roughing call, but no. selective memory? you can't have it both ways.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck55. Show chuck55's posts

In Response to I feel better after Game 1:
    [QUOTE]What we now know is that these teams are evenly matched, which is something few were saying prior to puck drop. The game came down to a single bounce, which is not what Vancouver was expecting. Bruins played well but lost and I am okay with that. There are obvious improvements that can be made (discipline mainly), but that was a good road game that just didn't go our way at the end. Change nothing, be more disciplined, and I like our chances. Can't wait for game 2!
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Canucks speed is going to be troubling, not to mention the firepower they have. The Bruins can play with them, we now know that. my hope is we can wear down some of their key players with the physical style Boston can play

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : How can you say "no shot", when Vancouver's only goal came on a questionable off sides call late in the 3rd?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

cosmo is the epidemy of the insecure New England sports fan, who hates the team all year and then goes crazy at the championship parade.  Not even enough guts to watch a tied game because he is so afraid of losing.  There's nothing to fear to my friend.  The championship is no fun without the suffering and setbacks along the way.  Bailing out in game one is just a defense mechanism for the emtionally weak.  Man up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Hamhuis and Burrows out for game 2 so I feel great about getting the split DC. That last play was offsides by a country mile. The refs and linesman tried to control the game too much hopefully Terry Gregson will be all over those fools.
    you're the only one who thinks that. watch the replay.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : Are you telling me to man up?  haah

No, cosmo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I feel good only in the respect that Vancouver is not manhandling the B's the way Tampa did at times. If the B's can play 60 minutes (they almost did, 52 min i think went it went asleep), they will win games. Thomas is doing his part, and realy I'm liking what I see from some of the forwards and most of the d-men. They are used to being down 0-1 and I'm ok with the team's outlook. They can split and put the pressure on the Canucks in Boston. First, get the split. Biggest Game 2 in a long, long time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I certainly don't feel better... winner of Game 1 wins the Cup 86% of the time. OUCH!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Don't pay any attention to statistics, if you do then the Bs should have lost to Montreal.  If you are going to pay attention to the game one stats then check into the scores of those first games, or to how many games were played in those cup series, and how many of those cup series went to game 7 just as a variance to the 86%.  

In a long series where one goal can determine the Cup championship, the Bs did well last night.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hey Dawg unfortunately Burrows won't get suspended. Anyway I see it as a win win situation .
    If he does get suspended then the obvious they'll be minus Burrows and they'll anticipate Manny's return.
    If he doesn't get suspended I'm thinking the Bruins will not be a happy bunch and that'll be in the Bruins favor.
    It's a win win situation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]I think the positives are that the Bruins should feel confident about playing the Canucks evenly and more importantly, about handling the 1st line firepower.  The Sedins were very quiet and had that look of impotence that they sometimes have in the playoffs. The one big negative is, of course the powerplay.  I had hoped and prayed that this series would be different.  If we were waiting for a game that was lost simply because the powerplay couldn't score -- this was it.  Long powerplays, 5-3's, and still nothing.  We have an achillis heal that could cost us the Cup. I am really starting to believe that that the Bruins chances hinge on special teams.  Get it going boys.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Agree on all points.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel better after Game 1 : Apparently, the Sedins felt they looked great on the ice last night. lol

yeah, I chuckled at some of their comments, but lets just hope the Bruins D men continue to shut them down and make them a non-factor. There is no question that they can be deadly.......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Just read this from Kalman. Yeesh. I didn't realize it was that bad....

"With the goal for Vancouver tonight, Boychuk has now been on the ice for the Bruins’ last seven goals against since Game 5 against Tampa Bay in the Eastern Conference Final."

Any chance Kaberle is put out there instead of Boychuck as a regular on the 2nd pairing?

Chara-Seids/Kaberle-Ference...then spell in Boychuck and McQuaid sparingly.

VAN usually does something similar with 5 D-men and it works for them.

Last night...
    Chara - 28:09
    Seidenberg - 27:13
    Ference - 21:12
    Boychuck - 20:31
    Kaberle - 14:12
    McQuaid - 09:46

vs.

Ehrhoff - 26:26
    Edler - 24:27
    Bieksa - 22:43
    Rome - 19:29
    Salo - 17:25
    Hamhuis (injury) - 08:09

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

how about a 5 games suspension for bit5ing?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I can't say I feel good about the loss because no loss in a 7 game series is good. But...considering the pundits have all said the Canucks are supposed to stomp the Bs in a 4 game sweep out shooting them in a 1-0 loss isn't nearly as bad as it looks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Just read this from Kalman. Yeesh. I didn't realize it was that bad.... "With the goal for Vancouver tonight, Boychuk has now been on the ice for the Bruins’ last seven goals against since Game 5 against Tampa Bay in the Eastern Conference Final." Any chance Kaberle is put out there instead of Boychuck as a regular on the 2nd pairing? Chara-Seids/Kaberle-Ference...then spell in Boychuck and McQuaid sparingly. VAN usually does something similar with 5 D-men and it works for them. Last night... Chara - 28:09 Seidenberg - 27:13 Ference - 21:12 Boychuck - 20:31 Kaberle - 14:12 McQuaid - 09:46 vs. Ehrhoff - 26:26 Edler - 24:27 Bieksa - 22:43 Rome - 19:29 Salo - 17:25 Hamhuis (injury) - 08:09
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Asmaha-interesting breakdown of icetime. I didn't realize Kaberle played as little as he did. In his limited amount of ice time, I thought he played a strong game.There were a number of times in which he did a good job of holding the offensive blue line. Any of last night's PP woes had nothing to do with Kaberle. Time for Chara to go back to firing rockets from the point. The up front experiment just didn't work.