I feel real bad for the sheep

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Re: I feel real bad for the sheep

Hey the truth hurts, it took me a long time to come to grips with this. It used to break my heart but when ownership doesn't care and rubs your noses in it you become numb to it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

amen 40...amen

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to I feel real bad for the sheep:
    [QUOTE]I'm starting to feel bad for these poor souls who get sucked in every single year and think the Bruins have real shot at a Cup. This whole organization is mismanaged! I am a die hard Bruins fan as well but that doesn't mean I am going to fool myself into thinking this team has a shot or that the powers that be know what they are doing. I hold MY TEAM accountable. We are the Cincinnatti Bengals of the NHL like it or not it is really that simple. This front office is fundamentally flawed as well as the team on the ice and ownership is more then happy if they just qualify for the playoffs. Are the last holdouts finally starting to see that this is a never ending cycle of ineptitude on Causeway St?! Nothing is going to change without changing the overall philosophy of this organization...
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Excellent analogy. Love the 40 Minutes avatar. That was exactly what they proved themselves to be last night (and all too often.) There aren't too many organizations that would keep a coach around after he blows a 3-0 playoff lead, making the franchise just one of 4 stinkers in all of pro sports to ever pull it off, but sure enough, the B's did.

I'm also a die-hard Bruins fan. If I could force myself to root for someone else I would, but I sure as h*ll am not going to sit around watching them put these tomato can teams on the ice year after year and pretend they actually have a shot at winning hockey's greatest prize.

If this were Florida, Atlanta, Carolina, Anaheim, etc., it wouldn't be such a big deal...but this is an Original 6 franchise that used to be the pride and glory of all New England, and now they're just a perennial 1st or 2nd round KO. It's disgusting, and I'm disgusted w/myself for letting myself believe they could get it together this year.

Tack another year on to the "without-a-Cup-O-Meter", b/c we can safely say this is now 39 years and counting. They won't get out of round 1 this year if they even qualify at all.

Worst part is, the owner couldn't care less. Wait, that's not the worst part. The worst part is, when that old skeleton finally kicks off the team gets run by his even more clueless tool of a son.

I think Cubs fans are going to see a world championship before Bruins fans ever do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

it also shows me how watered down the nhl is ...the b's have no pp their d is pathetic and can't score goals yet thet are 1st in division,,all you need is drscent goaltending??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I upset with myself, when the team started 7-2 I started to drink the Koolaid.  I should no better this team allways fails. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Listning to the various sports stations today it looks fans are getting fed up.

The bad news: All tickets have been sold for the entire year (Why I have no clue, Seguin fever?) Julien still has 3 years left on his contract $$$$

Don't expect any changes anytime soon.

8th seed or bust.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What a bunch of babies you guys are.

If you accept sports as entertainment instead of some continuous test of your own security and self-esteem, you can actually enjoy watching a team that doesn't win a championship.  Don't get me wrong -- I'm dying to see the Bruins win it all, but I don't have the arrogance to suggest that any team that doesn't win is beneath me.

I love watching hockey and watching the Boston Bruins, and being born in the mid-70's I've never seen them win it all.  It a shame, but I can deal with it without being consumed with bitterness and anger.  Get a grip.

"I hold my teams accountable"  Ha!  LOL.  What a joke.  You are a fan.  Who cares?

Get on with your life, enjoy the Bruins every season, and stop being so bitter and miserable.  Good grief.  It's entertainment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Good ol' Fletcher Jacobs always good for a laugh or two lol

Enjoy those Adams Division banners

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Hey Fletch, you said a mouth full! These guys don't want entertainment! they WANT to cry and p1ss and moan, they have no life and no clue. They are not really fans they just think they are because the watch the games. True fans enjoy their team regardless of the standings. You only have to look as far as Toronto to see what real fans are. They sell out every game and they will not be vying for a cup for decades. Real fans have concerns, but don't think they deserve a cup, because they know how hard it is to get the right combo to win one.  Bah Bah Bah

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

In Response to Re: I feel real bad for the sheep:
    [QUOTE] True fans enjoy their team regardless of the standings.

Posted by sparky1313[/QUOTE]

I think I read that on a Delaware North company brochure somewhere...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

These same people will be the first to say "I knew all along that the Bruins could do it!!!" when they finally bring Stanley back to Boston. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

I'm with you Fletcher1 , we have our problems but its hockey, I am a bruin fan and seen t he last time we actually won the cup and would be nice to see another before I die, but with all these teams , the league is watered down, but if you make it to the playoffs who no's what can happen, GO BRIUNS GO!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

.....Hummmm the thing is : we are going to win 3 in a row

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

DUH ! ! ! !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Good ol' Fletcher Jacobs always good for a laugh or two lol Enjoy those Adams Division banners
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you've really got me pegged from the two days you've been on this forum. 

If you don't tie your personal self-esteem to the hockey team, you might find you're not quite so bitter about a team that is in the top 5 in the league, but plays inconsistently.  Your bitterness and anger should be targeted at actual issues in life -- careers, family, friends, personal achievement-- not the issues of a team you are not on. 

I love the Bruins and I hate watching them lose too, but get some perspective.  You guys are so transparent it jumps off the page.  (Hint -- it is not the Bruins that make you so bitter, stop pretending it is.) 

Your little Jacobs rants are so silly too, since a) there is a salary cap, and b) the Bruins have been at or over the cap for several years.  Take a look at the Islanders owner...

...or better yet, just sit down, take a deep breath and enjoy watching professional hockey.  If you don't enjoy it, don't watch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Ahhh...the bitter rantings of tortured loners.  Never gets old.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

".....Hummmm the thing is : we are going to win 3 in a row"

i'll settle for one and let's hope it happens soon....

one can only live so long after already having witnessed the last two....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I stopped lecturing years, ago...just kinda just watch, now.  Admittedly, I got excited about this lot, but started seeing the same bits fall into place.  Perhaps, the kids will change everything for the long haul?  However, typically, they end up playing for someone else.

Ultimately, I expect nothing; try to enjoy a few good games here and there- that's it.  So, I'm not as disappointed as I used to get.  In fact, it ain't nothin' but a thing.  However, until they win it all, they are still bRUINS, as far as I'm concerned.

I really wish the overzealous types who have not followed this team as long as some of us to stop demanding that we adjust to their emotional IQ (EQ) in regards to this roller coaster ride.  (At least we have seen the Bruins carry the cup.)  Let's face it, when we see game like that last one in Montreal, all we can be reminded of is how they finished last year.  Of course, that wasn't the only playoff flop to be rekindled.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]Most Bruins fans that I know in person, at least here in New England, are also fans of the Celtics, Pats and Sox. Sure it would be nice for the Bruins to join the championship club, but at least there are those teams that help us get by.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer[/QUOTE]

Hell id be happy with "getting out of the second round club"

18 years and counting...

But hey... "Yay Go Bruins!! We are the bestest team in the whole wide world yaaaaayyyy"

Hope that satisfied come of the Bruins footie pajama wearing, kool aid drinkers like Fletch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

What a bunch of babies you guys are.

If you accept sports as entertainment instead of some continuous test of your own security and self-esteem, you can actually enjoy watching a team that doesn't win a championship.  Don't get me wrong -- I'm dying to see the Bruins win it all, but I don't have the arrogance to suggest that any team that doesn't win is beneath me.

I love watching hockey and watching the Boston Bruins, and being born in the mid-70's I've never seen them win it all.  It a shame, but I can deal with it without being consumed with bitterness and anger.  Get a grip.

"I hold my teams accountable"  Ha!  LOL.  What a joke.  You are a fan.  Who cares?

Get on with your life, enjoy the Bruins every season, and stop being so bitter and miserable.  Good grief.  It's entertainment.

OK, Pom-Pom boy. Let's take your "argument" to its logical conclusion. Sports is just entertainment. We should enjoy watching the Bruins no matter how badly they play or how many decades they go w/out a Stanley Cup. Hey, cool out dude! It's just entertainment!

So I assume that when you go out to a movie w/your wife or family, and shell out 20 bucks for the tickets and another 20 for snacks and who knows how much for parking and then the movie you see is a 2 hour piece of utter crud that leaves your now-light wallet laughing in your face, you just smile and say "oh well...it's just entertainment!"  And when you go out to a super 4-star restaurant w/your wife or girlfriend and you're really excited b/c you heard such awesome things about it and it turns out your waiter is too busy checking his Iphone to see if he landed that big part that's finally gonna launch his career and get him doing what he should be instead of waiting tables for a bunch of yuppies to get your order straight and when the food finally comes it tastes about as good as a cold can of Chef-Boy-R-Dee would if you broke it open at home, and you realize $150 later that you just got hosed on a dinner and wasted your night, you just shrug and say "zip-e-dee-doo-dah" and give the surly waiter a fat tip on top.

If you pay to watch the Bruins at Jeremy's vault, you have a right to expect a good product. If you pay for NESN to watch them at home, exactly the same.

You don't know who we are at these forums. You don't know what our private lives are like, nor do we yours. So to assume that fans who come to a fan forum--which is a place to EXPRESS IDEAS AND THOUGHTS (and last time I looked didn;t require them to be sunny and super-positive!) don't have every right in the world to complain about a team that leaves them as fans disappointed year in and year out, is to completely miss the point of what such venues are for .

Complaining about the Bruins--in and of itself--doesn't mean we don;t have rich, full happy lives otherwise...or that after we spend a millisecond turning off the game in disgust as I did after the OT loss to Montreal that we don't immediately forget about it and realize--in my case, that I'm d*mn lucky to be living in a great home w/a beautiful wife and a daughter I love more than anything on this or any other planet--it simply means that when it comes to the subject of a team we've been rooting for since we were playing pond hockey in 1st grade--we are angry and annoyed at the team's perennial under-performance and the ownership's almost inexplicable ability to do anything about it.

It is in fact indicative of a real fan that cares enough to say so, and for you to get on your high horse and disparage us b/c we express anything other than an "oh, golly, THAT sure was a tuffy the other nite, but hey! I still love watching these guys tank an entire period and let the other team walk all over us...cuz it's ENTERTAINMENT!..."   then i humbly suggest you have set the bar for what passes as pleasurable enterianment pretty, pretty, pretty LOW.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

TryToBearIt....

GREAT POST!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfpatpatriot7575. Show jmfpatpatriot7575's posts

TrytoBearit,

Good post.  Since being stationed in Florida I did pay for the Center Ice Package for that last 4 years, after the Bruins said Julian was going to be back after that Philly loss.. I cancelled it... The money I saved.. I took my 4yr old son to Miami Seaquarium, he had a blast.. My wife was shocked that I canned the package, cause alot of my t-shirts are bruins stuff..It wasn't the money to me.. 

My dad was a diehard Bruins fan, back in the 80's I still can hear my dad talking with his friends saying Jacobs stinks.. Its been decades that people have been talking about this very subject..
    Can't compare Toronto to Boston... All they have is the leafs and the (Blue Jays)...

If the Bruins were in last place but played with alot of grit, thats one thing.. Right now we don't have grit, passion or sound hockey... We have dull coaching of dump the puck and chase.. I don't say much here but to "TRYTOBEARIT" that was a good thought out post... Cheers

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Hey, try and bear this: Apply your rather large rant to the Sox. Did the fans stop going? Regardless of the $, no- they must have been fools. And if you write what just did and are "happy" you need to take a long hard look in the mirror pal. That was a "I am trapped and frustrated" couple of paragraphs. Especially when you are writing about "entertainment".