I feel real bad for the sheep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: I feel real bad for the sheep

I enjoy hockey too but most nights what the Bs do is not hockey...it's leisure skate!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

TryToBearIt, greatest post ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

B's just saved CJ azz despite their  play..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

To early to make a call on this years team. In my opinion, all they need to do is stay healthy and get into the playoffs. I still believe this team has the talent to play with any team.......if they play the full 60. There have been many worse B's teams on the ice, so I remain optimistic about a run to the cup.

Tough pill to swallow with the loss to the Habs last night, but look what happened tonight in Pitt.; looked hopeless and the B's don't give up and get rewarded.

Still lots of hockey to play!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

HEY The sheep ...you still feel bad ater tonight's game ?????????
    LOL
    Told you

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: I feel real bad for the sheep:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel real bad for the sheep : Hell id be happy with "getting out of the second round club" 18 years and counting... But hey... "Yay Go Bruins!! We are the bestest team in the whole wide world yaaaaayyyy" Hope that satisfied come of the Bruins footie pajama wearing, kool aid drinkers like Fletch
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Yah, you tell 'em champ!

Everyone's laughing at you here too. 

Don't hate the Bruins just because the coach wouldn't put in!  LOL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]What a bunch of babies you guys are. If you accept sports as entertainment instead of some continuous test of your own security and self-esteem, you can actually enjoy watching a team that doesn't win a championship.  Don't get me wrong -- I'm dying to see the Bruins win it all, but I don't have the arrogance to suggest that any team that doesn't win is beneath me. I love watching hockey and watching the Boston Bruins, and being born in the mid-70's I've never seen them win it all.  It a shame, but I can deal with it without being consumed with bitterness and anger.  Get a grip. "I hold my teams accountable"  Ha!  LOL.  What a joke.  You are a fan.  Who cares? Get on with your life, enjoy the Bruins every season, and stop being so bitter and miserable.  Good grief.  It's entertainment. OK, Pom-Pom boy. Let's take your "argument" to its logical conclusion. Sports is just entertainment. We should enjoy watching the Bruins no matter how badly they play or how many decades they go w/out a Stanley Cup. Hey, cool out dude! It's just entertainment! So I assume that when you go out to a movie w/your wife or family, and shell out 20 bucks for the tickets and another 20 for snacks and who knows how much for parking and then the movie you see is a 2 hour piece of utter crud that leaves your now-light wallet laughing in your face, you just smile and say "oh well...it's just entertainment!"  And when you go out to a super 4-star restaurant w/your wife or girlfriend and you're really excited b/c you heard such awesome things about it and it turns out your waiter is too busy checking his Iphone to see if he landed that big part that's finally gonna launch his career and get him doing what he should be instead of waiting tables for a bunch of yuppies to get your order straight and when the food finally comes it tastes about as good as a cold can of Chef-Boy-R-Dee would if you broke it open at home, and you realize $150 later that you just got hosed on a dinner and wasted your night, you just shrug and say "zip-e-dee-doo-dah" and give the surly waiter a fat tip on top. If you pay to watch the Bruins at Jeremy's vault, you have a right to expect a good product. If you pay for NESN to watch them at home, exactly the same. You don't know who we are at these forums. You don't know what our private lives are like, nor do we yours. So to assume that fans who come to a fan forum--which is a place to EXPRESS IDEAS AND THOUGHTS (and last time I looked didn;t require them to be sunny and super-positive!) don't have every right in the world to complain about a team that leaves them as fans disappointed year in and year out, is to completely miss the point of what such venues are for . Complaining about the Bruins--in and of itself--doesn't mean we don;t have rich, full happy lives otherwise...or that after we spend a millisecond turning off the game in disgust as I did after the OT loss to Montreal that we don't immediately forget about it and realize--in my case, that I'm d*mn lucky to be living in a great home w/a beautiful wife and a daughter I love more than anything on this or any other planet--it simply means that when it comes to the subject of a team we've been rooting for since we were playing pond hockey in 1st grade--we are angry and annoyed at the team's perennial under-performance and the ownership's almost inexplicable ability to do anything about it. It is in fact indicative of a real fan that cares enough to say so, and for you to get on your high horse and disparage us b/c we express anything other than an "oh, golly, THAT sure was a tuffy the other nite, but hey! I still love watching these guys tank an entire period and let the other team walk all over us...cuz it's ENTERTAINMENT!..."   then i humbly suggest you have set the bar for what passes as pleasurable enterianment pretty, pretty, pretty LOW.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands.  Brutally long, whiney post.  Once again, if you hate it so much, don't watch.  I complain about the Bruins too, but not this continuous bitter sobbing, like you.  You and your buddies taz and assinari and these new losers throw the same pity party every day and it's getting a little lame for the rest of us.  Stop your pathetic crying and whineing and do something else with your life if you hate the Bruins so much.  Crybaby.

I'm thrilled you have a beautiful wife and daughter, go spend some time with them and stop letting the Bruins ruin your life.  It's sad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

[QUOTE]Hey the truth hurts, it took me a long time to come to grips with this. It used to break my heart but when ownership doesn't care and rubs your noses in it you become numb to it

Wow.  You know who I'm starting to feel really bad about?  It's all you doomsday clowns out here on this message board.  Last time I checked the B's were still in first place.  I can't imagine how sour on life you'd be if they dropped into second place again.  I got on here tonight thinking finally I might see a positive post out of this group.  There were a couple, but then there were still strings like these.  If they're so bad you can't bear to watch, quit watching.  Let the rest of us enjoy the team in peace.  Go B's!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel real bad for the sheep : Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands.  Brutally long, whiney post.  Once again, if you hate it so much, don't watch.  I complain about the Bruins too, but not this continuous bitter sobbing, like you.  You and your buddies taz and assinari and these new losers throw the same pity party every day and it's getting a little lame for the rest of us.  Stop your pathetic crying and whineing and do something else with your life if you hate the Bruins so much.  Crybaby. I'm thrilled you have a beautiful wife and daughter, go spend some time with them and stop letting the Bruins ruin your life.  It's sad.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

It took me exactly 5 minutes to write that last post.

And your true colors have shown thru, "Fletch."....cuz it's always the most bitter and spiteful people who attack others personally rather than sticking to the subject--which is hockey.

You assume so much about people you've never met--and from the safety of your keyboard behind the computer where no one can see you--and then wonder why those same people may take offense with your unjustified assessments of them. How do we know you're not typing your brilliant bon mots from the anonymous confines of your parent's basement? Should I assume that since you're taking as much time responding to my posts and others' that you in fact "have no life"? What if I were to write "stop your brown-nosing of Jeremy Jacobs long enough to get out and do something worthwhile with your time...take your head out from his a** and take a sniff of reality and stop throwing your money down the drain. I bet you buy lottery tickets every week instead of groceries in the hope you'll strike it rich one day and be able to move out of mommy and daddy's basement and get your own place where you can have your buddies over to get hammered on Bud Lite and talk about all the Bruins' ice girls you'd bang if you ever met them at The Fours after a game?

Well, that would be a pretty obnoxious post, wouldn't it? Unfair and wildly uncivil, but you have no problem--again--assuming things about someone you'll never meet and telling them what to do with their time. I've got plenty of time to both b*tch about the Bruins AND enjoy my life in full. I am lucky indeed and there are many people out there who don't have nearly the same good fortune you and I likely have. Perhaps instead of attacking people personally (and falsely based on no actual data whatsoever) you should tolerate differences of opinion when it comes to A HOCKEY TEAM...and maybe, in fact, YOU are the one who's taking this all too seriously, eh?

At least when I disagree with NAS or Dez (which is often) they don't resort to such unfounded and judgmental characteristics as you do.

Seems to me I've gotten plenty of positive reaction from my posts from people I respect on this forum...and I'll keep posting whether you like it or not. You don't like what I have to say? Great. Hit the ignore button. Neither of us will be sorry if you do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Good ol' Fletcher Jacobs always good for a laugh or two lol Enjoy those Adams Division banners

Yeah you must remember Good 'Ol Fletch from the Good 'Ol RMiller87 days.  It's pretty sad that you will eat crow and ditch your avatar but still feel the need to come back with a new one so transparently.  It's all good though it seems you have a greater following with the new handle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Seems to me I've gotten plenty of positive reaction from my posts from people I respect on this forum...and I'll keep posting whether you like it or not. You don't like what I have to say? Great. Hit the ignore button. Neither of us will be sorry if you do.

BearIt, I don't have time to read another treatise, and honestly I don't have anything against you personally.  I know I was being a bit of a d!ck with the posts last night too.  Don't try to go tough guy on me either though, we're both anonymously commenting from a keyboard, so I'm not impressed by that.

I just don't get why you would come here game after game to whine and complain and rant continuously about the team you supposedly love (and then have the audacity to assume that this makes you a better fan).  If you hate the team so much, move on to something else.  Or if you want to comment here, that's fine too.  But with your free speech rights (that you keep touting as if they are somehow in question), also come the right for people to disagree with you and call you out for the continuous pity party and crybaby antics that annoy a lot of people on this board. 

Why don't you share with us what it is that you actually like about the Bruins some time.  Otherwise we are left to believe that you are the type of person the revels in the bitterness and misery of following a team you hate.  Tell me how that makes any sense?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Man, what a lot of steam.

Everyone needs to get a little Zen here and realize that whether you despise Jacobs or not, whether you think the last 38 years are an embarrassment to the great Bruin tradition or not, whether you feel like the team owes you something or not, you have absolutely no power over the situation - no say, no way to hold Jacobs or management or the coach or the players accountable - nothing.  You can choose to not go to games.  If you're lucky, enough other people will choose not to go to games and the team will make a move or two to lure fans back.  They'll drop prices for a year or two.  They'll acquire a "star" player.  If you're lucky, like-minded people won't fall for such obvious ploys and the team will continue to suffer at the gate. If that happens long enough, the team might actually lose money, and then it might get sold but not until any vestiges of talent have been auctioned off for Carl Soderbergs.  So maybe in a decade of not watching the Bruins, not attending games, not buying memorabilia or going to their website or doing anything that might attract revenue for the franchise, you might force Jacobs out.  Then you're probably waiting another decade before the talent pool recovers enough to contend, but hey, there are no guarantees.  Any of this making you feel like you have power over the situation.

Go ahead and rip this team for whatever reason you want; the stretch between trading Andy Moog for John Casey and the firing of Dave Lewis was a long, dark wilderness, the kind that will make you skeptical of light in the distance.  Just acknowledge it for what it is - blowing off steam - and don't pretend what you do is going to have a real influence on the team.  (Stanley knows he won't get his chance to contribute directly until Neely calls him with a job offer.) 

But hey, while we're indulging our frustration as Bruins fans?  Let's remember that without Orr we'd be looking at a drought that extends back to the beginning of WWII.  That the Orr teams pulled the franchise out of a long stretch of futility.  And that we got to watch the best player in the history of the game, which, if you believe in Karma, is a fair trade even for a 40 year drought.  I'd make that deal again. 

Only the Shabs, Wings, and Laffs have won more Stanley Cups than the Bruins (Oilers are tied at 5).  Almost half the league has never seen one - including Vancouver and Buffalo even though they came aboard before the WHA.  The Rangers went 54 years between Cups.  The Red Wings - the league's model franchise now - 42.  The Blackhawks - 49.  Flyers are at 35 years.  Islanders at 27.  Even the once-mighty Oil are at 20 years, and the Shabs are getting to 20 right quick.  In other words, any franchise that has been great will also go through long stretches where it pales in comparison to its former greatness.

This kind of perspective is hard to attain when they lose another sleepwalker of a game in the last 5 minutes to the Shabs, and the past is the past, but hey, the only way to avoid the emotional rollercoaster of supporting any sports team is to wait until the game's over and say "hey, I was cheering for the winnng team all along!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

10 ways to become a happy Bruins fan.

1) Realize Jacobs is not selling the team - ever
    2) Realize that Jacobs owning the team doesn't matter that much anymore as there is a salary cap and Jacobs will spend up to the cap most seasons.
    3) Realize the Bruins do not have the top quality of personel like other teams but has a young growing core.
    4) Stop thinking that CJ is going to get fired or change his strategy. The Bruins will capitalize on mistakes and live and die by the power play.
    5) Don't believe that the players are not happy just because you're bored watching the game.
    6) Realize that Neely will get pissed and fired up but PC and CJ are running the show.
    7) Top teams do not always win the cup - Pittsburg and Washington both lost last year before the conference finals. To say "this team is going nowhere" or that it's "going to win the cup in 11, 12, 13, & 14" is like saying it's going to be snowing in 3 weeks. No one knows for sure.
    8) Realize that the Bruins are not the Red Sox, Patriots, or Celtics. They don't have an unlimited piggy bank (Sox), the greatest coach in the sport (Pats), nor can they trade their way to a championship like Celtics. Hockey is a different sport and you have to let teams grow. You don't plant a seed and then yell at that seed to grow until it does. Have patience.
    9) Realize that Ryder is going to be gone next year. He's better than your AHLers and has no trade value, realize you're stuck with him and hope he gets streaky.
    10) The Bruins will not make a blockbuster trade - Not going to get a major piece before the deadline and not going to trade Toronto's #1, too valuable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wonderful posts by Bookboy and nrguy.  Thanks for the perspective (and much more articulate than my frustrated posting in this thread).

Hope your thoughts are not simply dismissed as pom pom waving by the bittermans here...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

It's pretty simple, if you don't want to watch them or support them - don't do it.

If you want to watch them and support them - do it.

If you post on here you are going to be disagreed with by SOMEBODY EVERYTIME. If you can't handle that - don't post.

Finally, when you get into an arguement, especially one that just attacks each other - NOBODY WINS, EVER.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]10 ways to become a happy Bruins fan. 1) Realize Jacobs is not selling the team - ever 2) Realize that Jacobs owning the team doesn't matter that much anymore as there is a salary cap and Jacobs will spend up to the cap most seasons. 3) Realize the Bruins do not have the top quality of personel like other teams but has a young growing core. 4) Stop thinking that CJ is going to get fired or change his strategy. The Bruins will capitalize on mistakes and live and die by the power play. 5) Don't believe that the players are not happy just because you're bored watching the game. 6) Realize that Neely will get pissed and fired up but PC and CJ are running the show. 7) Top teams do not always win the cup - Pittsburg and Washington both lost last year before the conference finals. To say "this team is going nowhere" or that it's "going to win the cup in 11, 12, 13, & 14" is like saying it's going to be snowing in 3 weeks. No one knows for sure. 8) Realize that the Bruins are not the Red Sox, Patriots, or Celtics. They don't have an unlimited piggy bank (Sox), the greatest coach in the sport (Pats), nor can they trade their way to a championship like Celtics. Hockey is a different sport and you have to let teams grow. You don't plant a seed and then yell at that seed to grow until it does. Have patience. 9) Realize that Ryder is going to be gone next year. He's better than your AHLers and has no trade value, realize you're stuck with him and hope he gets streaky. 10) The Bruins will not make a blockbuster trade - Not going to get a major piece before the deadline and not going to trade Toronto's #1, too valuable.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    Terrific post Nrguy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Man, what a lot of steam. Everyone needs to get a little Zen here and realize that whether you despise Jacobs or not, whether you think the last 38 years are an embarrassment to the great Bruin tradition or not, whether you feel like the team owes you something or not, you have absolutely no power over the situation - no say, no way to hold Jacobs or management or the coach or the players accountable - nothing.  You can choose to not go to games.  If you're lucky, enough other people will choose not to go to games and the team will make a move or two to lure fans back.  They'll drop prices for a year or two.  They'll acquire a "star" player.  If you're lucky, like-minded people won't fall for such obvious ploys and the team will continue to suffer at the gate. If that happens long enough, the team might actually lose money, and then it might get sold but not until any vestiges of talent have been auctioned off for Carl Soderbergs.  So maybe in a decade of not watching the Bruins, not attending games, not buying memorabilia or going to their website or doing anything that might attract revenue for the franchise, you might force Jacobs out.  Then you're probably waiting another decade before the talent pool recovers enough to contend, but hey, there are no guarantees.  Any of this making you feel like you have power over the situation. Go ahead and rip this team for whatever reason you want; the stretch between trading Andy Moog for John Casey and the firing of Dave Lewis was a long, dark wilderness, the kind that will make you skeptical of light in the distance.  Just acknowledge it for what it is - blowing off steam - and don't pretend what you do is going to have a real influence on the team.  (Stanley knows he won't get his chance to contribute directly until Neely calls him with a job offer.)  But hey, while we're indulging our frustration as Bruins fans?  Let's remember that without Orr we'd be looking at a drought that extends back to the beginning of WWII.  That the Orr teams pulled the franchise out of a long stretch of futility.  And that we got to watch the best player in the history of the game, which, if you believe in Karma, is a fair trade even for a 40 year drought.  I'd make that deal again.  Only the Shabs, Wings, and Laffs have won more Stanley Cups than the Bruins (Oilers are tied at 5).  Almost half the league has never seen one - including Vancouver and Buffalo even though they came aboard before the WHA.  The Rangers went 54 years between Cups.  The Red Wings - the league's model franchise now - 42.  The Blackhawks - 49.  Flyers are at 35 years.  Islanders at 27.  Even the once-mighty Oil are at 20 years, and the Shabs are getting to 20 right quick.  In other words, any franchise that has been great will also go through long stretches where it pales in comparison to its former greatness. This kind of perspective is hard to attain when they lose another sleepwalker of a game in the last 5 minutes to the Shabs, and the past is the past, but hey, the only way to avoid the emotional rollercoaster of supporting any sports team is to wait until the game's over and say "hey, I was cheering for the winnng team all along!"
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    As usual,you've taught us all something.Unfortunately there are many who have no interest in being patient or having perspective.Great post BB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Nrguy, that is all so depressing because it leads to NO CUP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Nrguy, that is all so depressing because it leads to NO CUP.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

So said the weak among Red Sox fans in 2004...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the present is a beautiful place to be-- stop crying about the past,  b fans. you can't change the past , all you can do is hope for the future. i hope the bruins win a cup- but i won't miss a second of sleep if they don't.  put things in perspective- does a bunch of guys playing a game really affect your everyday life? if they do-you need counseling. enjoy the game and be positive. the sky is NOT falling   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel real bad for the sheep : Seems to me I've gotten plenty of positive reaction from my posts from people I respect on this forum...and I'll keep posting whether you like it or not. You don't like what I have to say? Great. Hit the ignore button. Neither of us will be sorry if you do. Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE] BearIt, I don't have time to read another treatise, and honestly I don't have anything against you personally.  I know I was being a bit of a d!ck with the posts last night too.  Don't try to go tough guy on me either though, we're both anonymously commenting from a keyboard, so I'm not impressed by that. I just don't get why you would come here game after game to whine and complain and rant continuously about the team you supposedly love (and then have the audacity to assume that this makes you a better fan).  If you hate the team so much, move on to something else.  Or if you want to comment here, that's fine too.  But with your free speech rights (that you keep touting as if they are somehow in question), also come the right for people to disagree with you and call you out for the continuous pity party and crybaby antics that annoy a lot of people on this board.  Why don't you share with us what it is that you actually like about the Bruins some time.  Otherwise we are left to believe that you are the type of person the revels in the bitterness and misery of following a team you hate.  Tell me how that makes any sense?

Really? I;m pretty sure it takes a much shorter amount of time to read my "treatise" than for you to have typed your own just now. This isn't "War and Peace" I'm writing here, Fletch, it's a few paragraphs that take all of 2 minutes to read. I think what you really meant to say is you don't want to read what I wrote, which is a far different story.

But since you were man enough to admit you were being a real d!ck in what you wrote personally attacking me and others who DARE to "whine" (legitimately complain in a forum designed exactly at least in part for that purpose) about the team they've followed and care about since they were kids, I will in fact address your last point and tell you what i DO like about the Bruins (this, assuming you're still reading this, which is anybody;s guess...but you did pose the challenge so here goes):

1. I was 5 years old when my Dad took me to my first Bruins game in the Original Garden. It's one of my earliest and most treasured memories. I saw #4 live and I'll never forget the thrill of being there.

2. When I was 7 I had to have an operation on my eye that, if not successful, could have left me partially blind. I was terrified, but when I woke up w/a patch over one eye and scared out of my wits, the first thing I saw on my nightstand was an autographed picture of #4 wishing me well, with a note that talked about how he too had to spend time in hospitals and knows how scary it could be. (My dad had written to the Bruins telling them of my operation.) The note concluded w/Orr hoping I would continue to cheer for him and the Bruins. Yeah, Bobby, I think I can do that.

3. 1979--the Too Many Men On the Ice Game. I cried myself to sleep that night but never forgot how hard they played or how close they came to beating those f*ing Habs. Loved Rick Middleton. Loved Gilles Gilbert (still my favorite Bruins goalie of all time).

4. Cam Neely

5. Ray Bourque.

6. Patrice Bergeron

7. Game 6 2008 v. Montreal.

8. The colors.

9. The tradition of great players. (Most from the old days)

10. The underdog nature of the team in these dark days when the other 3 franchises continue to make them the black sheep of the Boston sports scene.

All of which is meant to illustrate how much I CARE that this franchise has for the past 16 years been an exercise in mismanagement, futility, and often downright indifference from the ownership that at least on the surface seems not to care one whit about a Stanley Cup as long as the souless new "Garden" is sold out, or close to it, every night. When you have this much emotional connection to a team, and desperately want to see them returned to glory, you do (or at least I do--and I know many others both here and personally as friends who feels the same way) get angry at the state of the team that appears frozen in first or 2nd round playoff KO's or DNQs. It's tiresome. It's outrageous (given the ticket prices charged), and it's unacceptable on a level you should be able to understand---if you CARE about something or someone, you want it or he or she to succeed, and a forum like this is a perfectly legitimate place to express those views.

you claim I don't like it when people disagree w/me. Nonsense. I have nothing against Stanley, for example, who continually posts that the B;s are going to wn the next 3 cups in a row....what I do object to is smarmy people getting on here to say that those of us who are pi$$ed off at the Bruins "have no life." Again, you make it personal--expect blow back, at least from me. 

Bookboy is also 100% right--there isn;'t a blessed thing I can do about JJ owning this team. I'm stuck with it, like it or not. But I don't hear him telling me to "move on" to somewhere else when I express my anger at that situation. He talks hockey--he keeps it hockey--and shows a level of respect and communication that you have failed to at this point.

If you've made it all the way thru this "treatise", I welcome an opportunity for us to get on the same page and have mutual respect as Bruins fans. If not, well, we'll keep sniping away and the sun will still rise, and as Lou Gorman once said "I'll still have lunch."

Best to you and the Boston Bruins.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel real bad for the sheep : BearIt, I don't have time to read another treatise, and honestly I don't have anything against you personally.  I know I was being a bit of a d!ck with the posts last night too.  Don't try to go tough guy on me either though, we're both anonymously commenting from a keyboard, so I'm not impressed by that. I just don't get why you would come here game after game to whine and complain and rant continuously about the team you supposedly love (and then have the audacity to assume that this makes you a better fan).  If you hate the team so much, move on to something else.  Or if you want to comment here, that's fine too.  But with your free speech rights (that you keep touting as if they are somehow in question), also come the right for people to disagree with you and call you out for the continuous pity party and crybaby antics that annoy a lot of people on this board.  Why don't you share with us what it is that you actually like about the Bruins some time .  Otherwise we are left to believe that you are the type of person the revels in the bitterness and misery of following a team you hate.  Tell me how that makes any sense? Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE] Really? I;m pretty sure it takes a much shorter amount of time to read my "treatise" than for you to have typed your own just now. This isn't "War and Peace" I'm writing here, Fletch, it's a few paragraphs that take all of 2 minutes to read. I think what you really meant to say is you don't want to read what I wrote, which is a far different story. But since you were man enough to admit you were being a real d!ck in what you wrote personally attacking me and others who DARE to "whine" (legitimately complain in a forum designed exactly at least in part for that purpose) about the team they've followed and care about since they were kids, I will in fact address your last point and tell you what i DO like about the Bruins (this, assuming you're still reading this, which is anybody;s guess...but you did pose the challenge so here goes): 1. I was 5 years old when my Dad took me to my first Bruins game in the Original Garden. It's one of my earliest and most treasured memories. I saw #4 live and I'll never forget the thrill of being there. 2. When I was 7 I had to have an operation on my eye that, if not successful, could have left me partially blind. I was terrified, but when I woke up w/a patch over one eye and scared out of my wits, the first thing I saw on my nightstand was an autographed picture of #4 wishing me well, with a note that talked about how he too had to spend time in hospitals and knows how scary it could be. (My dad had written to the Bruins telling them of my operation.) The note concluded w/Orr hoping I would continue to cheer for him and the Bruins. Yeah, Bobby, I think I can do that. 3. 1979--the Too Many Men On the Ice Game. I cried myself to sleep that night but never forgot how hard they played or how close they came to beating those f*ing Habs. Loved Rick Middleton. Loved Gilles Gilbert (still my favorite Bruins goalie of all time). 4. Cam Neely 5. Ray Bourque. 6. Patrice Bergeron 7. Game 6 2008 v. Montreal. 8. The colors. 9. The tradition of great players. (Most from the old days) 10. The underdog nature of the team in these dark days when the other 3 franchises continue to make them the black sheep of the Boston sports scene. All of which is meant to illustrate how much I CARE that this franchise has for the past 16 years been an exercise in mismanagement, futility, and often downright indifference from the ownership that at least on the surface seems not to care one whit about a Stanley Cup as long as the souless new "Garden" is sold out, or close to it, every night. When you have this much emotional connection to a team, and desperately want to see them returned to glory, you do (or at least I do--and I know many others both here and personally as friends who feels the same way) get angry at the state of the team that appears frozen in first or 2nd round playoff KO's or DNQs. It's tiresome. It's outrageous (given the ticket prices charged), and it's unacceptable on a level you should be able to understand---if you CARE about something or someone, you want it or he or she to succeed, and a forum like this is a perfectly legitimate place to express those views. you claim I don't like it when people disagree w/me. Nonsense. I have nothing against Stanley, for example, who continually posts that the B;s are going to wn the next 3 cups in a row....what I do object to is smarmy people getting on here to say that those of us who are pi$$ed off at the Bruins "have no life." Again, you make it personal--expect blow back, at least from me.  Bookboy is also 100% right--there isn;'t a blessed thing I can do about JJ owning this team. I'm stuck with it, like it or not. But I don't hear him telling me to "move on" to somewhere else when I express my anger at that situation. He talks hockey--he keeps it hockey--and shows a level of respect and communication that you have failed to at this point. If you've made it all the way thru this "treatise", I welcome an opportunity for us to get on the same page and have mutual respect as Bruins fans. If not, well, we'll keep sniping away and the sun will still rise, and as Lou Gorman once said "I'll still have lunch." Best to you and the Boston Bruins.  
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Actually thought he meant what you like about the Bruins now rather than your personal history as a fan.I too think you don't like it when folks disagree with you but then,who does?Bottom line,I say the glass is half full,you say it's half empty and we'd both rather drink from a Cup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Dez--

I listed Bergeron, Cam Neely (meaning as player and Pres.), and Game 6 2008 v. Montreal.

Those are current reasons, and I could have added Tim Thomas (who I saw play at UVM and still admire), the Seguin trade (after I yelled and screamed about Kessel being let go; I admit they're better off having done it), and I still like David Krejci, wherever he may be these days.

agree on your last point, btw.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez-- I listed Bergeron, Cam Neely (meaning as player and Pres.), and Game 6 2008 v. Montreal. Those are current reasons, and I could have added Tim Thomas (who I saw play at UVM and still admire), the Seguin trade (after I yelled and screamed about Kessel being let go; I admit they're better off having done it), and I still like David Krejci, wherever he may be these days. agree on your last point, btw.
    We'll probably agree about something next month too........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cieli01. Show cieli01's posts

[QUOTE]What a bunch of babies you guys are. If you accept sports as entertainment instead of some continuous test of your own security and self-esteem, you can actually enjoy watching a team that doesn't win a championship.  Don't get me wrong -- I'm dying to see the Bruins win it all, but I don't have the arrogance to suggest that any team that doesn't win is beneath me. I love watching hockey and watching the Boston Bruins, and being born in the mid-70's I've never seen them win it all.  It a shame, but I can deal with it without being consumed with bitterness and anger.  Get a grip. "I hold my teams accountable"  Ha!  LOL.  What a joke.  You are a fan.  Who cares? Get on with your life, enjoy the Bruins every season, and stop being so bitter and miserable.  Good grief.  It's entertainment.

Amen.   Its called being a fan.  When and if they do end up making a solid run or actually win the cup you fair weather fans will be shaking your pom poms and acting like you've been on board all along.

Beat it, go root for another team.