I feel real bad for the sheep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: I feel real bad for the sheep

....If you've made it all the way thru this "treatise", I welcome an opportunity for us to get on the same page and have mutual respect as Bruins fans. If not, well, we'll keep sniping away and the sun will still rise, and as Lou Gorman once said "I'll still have lunch." Best to you and the Boston Bruins.  
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Ok BearIt, I read it.  And truthfully, we have a lot in common -- my Dad took me to the old Garden and that made me a fan, same Bruins favorites, great wife, daughter in my life, etc...

And again, my apologies for insulting you.  Had some drinks with last night's game and, I should note that being called "pom pom boy" throughout your posts did not lead me to a path of sensitivity either.  Anyhow, I don't usually post that way.

As dez mentioned, I see why you liked the Bruins in the past, but still don't understand why you bother with them today.  I am being sincere when I question why you don't just move away from something that brings you more anger than joy.  With the exception of games like the Montreal one, that are just disturbing, I enjoy watching hockey and rooting for the Bruins, even if it is a very flawed product. 

To me the mid 90's were the low period for this team, right through Dave Lewis actually.  I was rarely optimistic and hated ownership.  I think Chiarelli and Co. have done a fantastic job rebuilding things since then.  We have two Vezina caliber goalies, a Norris caliber defensman, three very good centers, and #2 overall draft pick rookie, and two first round picks next year.  We sit near the top of the league.  We get playoff hockey here.  We can be reasonably optimistic about a playoff run this year.  Will they win it all?  Probably not.  But, they might.

Now, you're perfectly entitled to reject this thinking and see the cup as half empty instead.  But, what I resent is the insistence throughout this thread that anyone who doesn't share the negative perspective are "sheep" (and worse, not as much a true fan as you).  I don't even think about Jacobs anymore -- he is a total non-factor in my opinion as long as the Bruins spend to the salary cap (of course I would like cheaper tickets...) 

Anyhow, let's hope we can both be happy and the Bruins can find more success.  I appreciate your thoughts instead of the hit-and-run posting of many of the naysayers here.  Best regards,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRM66. Show BRM66's posts

In Response to I feel real bad for the sheep:
    [QUOTE]I'm starting to feel bad for these poor souls who get sucked in every single year and think the Bruins have real shot at a Cup. This whole organization is mismanaged! I am a die hard Bruins fan as well but that doesn't mean I am going to fool myself into thinking this team has a shot or that the powers that be know what they are doing. I hold MY TEAM accountable. We are the Cincinnatti Bengals of the NHL like it or not it is really that simple. This front office is fundamentally flawed as well as the team on the ice and ownership is more then happy if they just qualify for the playoffs. Are the last holdouts finally starting to see that this is a never ending cycle of ineptitude on Causeway St?! Nothing is going to change without changing the overall philosophy of this organization...
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Amen!!! Feel the same way. Sad but true. The present management team has overcome the mess before. They have gotten the franchise back on its feet. However, i dont feel that PC and Julien are and will generate the long-term success and ultimatley a Stanley Cup for this franchise. I just dont see it. You look at previous Stanley Cup winners and you blatantly see that each one of them had a 1-2 punch on defense. Now, for the first time in our history we actually have 2 great goalies which is huge in this day and age but PC has failed to supplant Chara with another go to guy which is essential for a long playoff run. It would aslo enable Chara to be more of a monster and let loose bit. But PC just waits and waits and seems to be satisfied while other teams make moves to help their teams. PC has put the team in this situation. No one else.
    Many other moves he's made are very questionable. All in all..just not good enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

40YrsNoCup ...lets see if you will feel bad for the sheeps tonight ....

Prediction : 7-1 BRUINS ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (That'll make 3 cups in 40 years)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Actually Fletch, Try to Bear It are two of my favs on this blog.  Doom mongers, koolaid colored sheep... I am laughing my butt off.  I avoided this thread for 24 hours, it is great.  Like it should be the comedy channel's new show "Bruin's Blog" rather than sports central! Wow!  

Ok, I dislike the owners, the trap, and the rigid cap.... but heh it was nice to see the Bs win last night.  I did not have the college football game either.  All I know is if the Bs win the Stanley Cup then I don't have to listen to all the Celtics fans, Patriot fans, and Red Sox fans moan when I ask to have the Bs on the screen in the local sports bar.  The Bs fans are in hibernation.  If the Bs win it will fun to watch the return of the bear.  

Oh you doom mongers, if you look hard at the last 30 years of Cup winners you will find a lot of teams have not made it to the Cup finals.  The Bs in those years have not done badly.  Stop whining.  

For you rosy colored glasses fans, well the regular season pucks, boring hockey, no hitting, just plain horrible.  The New NHL?  yuck!

Now find common ground!  you like the Bs. hhahahahhahah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: I feel real bad for the sheep:
    [QUOTE]....If you've made it all the way thru this "treatise", I welcome an opportunity for us to get on the same page and have mutual respect as Bruins fans. If not, well, we'll keep sniping away and the sun will still rise, and as Lou Gorman once said "I'll still have lunch." Best to you and the Boston Bruins.   Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE] Ok BearIt, I read it.  And truthfully, we have a lot in common -- my Dad took me to the old Garden and that made me a fan, same Bruins favorites, great wife, daughter in my life, etc... And again, my apologies for insulting you.  Had some drinks with last night's game and, I should note that being called "pom pom boy" throughout your posts did not lead me to a path of sensitivity either.  Anyhow, I don't usually post that way. As dez mentioned, I see why you liked the Bruins in the past, but still don't understand why you bother with them today.  I am being sincere when I question why you don't just move away from something that brings you more anger than joy.  With the exception of games like the Montreal one, that are just disturbing, I enjoy watching hockey and rooting for the Bruins, even if it is a very flawed product.  To me the mid 90's were the low period for this team, right through Dave Lewis actually.  I was rarely optimistic and hated ownership.  I think Chiarelli and Co. have done a fantastic job rebuilding things since then.  We have two Vezina caliber goalies, a Norris caliber defensman, three very good centers, and #2 overall draft pick rookie, and two first round picks next year.  We sit near the top of the league.  We get playoff hockey here.  We can be reasonably optimistic about a playoff run this year.  Will they win it all?  Probably not.  But, they might. Now, you're perfectly entitled to reject this thinking and see the cup as half empty instead.  But, what I resent is the insistence throughout this thread that anyone who doesn't share the negative perspective are "sheep" (and worse, not as much a true fan as you).  I don't even think about Jacobs anymore -- he is a total non-factor in my opinion as long as the Bruins spend to the salary cap (of course I would like cheaper tickets...)  Anyhow, let's hope we can both be happy and the Bruins can find more success.  I appreciate your thoughts instead of the hit-and-run posting of many of the naysayers here.  Best regards,
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch...

At the risk of breaking into "Kumbaya" I think we're close to an understanding--even respect--for each other as Bruins fans.

Couple of points I want to make VERY clear (and I'll try to avoid a lengthy post): I do not consider you or anyone else who cheers for this team "sheep." I didn't post/start this thread and wouldn't do so in any event. It's a perfectly valid argument between those who view the Bruins cup as helf empty--as I do--and those who feel it's half full (you, Dez, etc.)

Sorry about the "pom pom boy" crack. If i don't want it personal and snarky I should walk the walk.

The reason I still watch/care is 1) I got no choice--these guys for better or worse are in my blood--they're my team--and I love hockey.
    2) I like some of the pieces they've got--Chara/Krejci/Bergy/Both goalies/Kampfer/Marchand....I just don't think they have enough of them, and I get cranky when I hear folks say they're as good as the Pitts, Caps, and Phillys of the league. I just don't agree. That's a viewpoint beef and no cause for name calling.
    3) If I'm wrong and they win it all--do you think I want to be caught wearing a Canucks jersey cuz I gave up on them? Uh-uh. I may rail at the mgt/ownership and get ticked at losses like the recent Habs, but I'm in it for the long haul. And if they do ever win it all, I'm gooing to the parade legit. (i.e. I have no sympathy for those who abandoned the Red Sox after the '03 Pedro/Grady Little game...some people actually traded in their Sox jerseys for Yanks. Next year, if they went to the parade, they shoulda been rejected.

hope this is all clear now. We both want them to win. You have (admirably) more tolerance for their MIA games than I do, and probably don't get as ticked as I do while watching. But I guarantee you it affects me only inasmuch and for as long as it takes to switch off the game and then get my thoughts down on this forum....after that, I'm ready to hear my daughter (who's all of 2) recite the 1970 Mother's Day call (Bobby Orr--behind the net to Sanderson to Orr!!!! Bobby Orr! Scores! And the Boston Bruins have Won the Stanley Cup!),....which she can do almost verbatim (minus the "snderson part) , and d*mn if I haven't forgotten all about whatever recent meltdown led to another putrid OT loss.

I realize i've gone back into treatise mode. What can I say? Once I get going on the B's I have a hard time stopping.

Let's hope they can beat the Sens tonight. If they don't, I promise as a sign of good will not to post any tirades (for the time being). Fair enough?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Let's hope they can beat the Sens tonight. If they don't, I promise as a sign of good will not to post any tirades (for the time being). Fair enough?
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Cheers, BearIt.  I like where this has gone.  My daughter is 2 also and watches many games with me, which is great for pespective after, say the Montreal loss.  My wife has another one in the oven, due in July, so I will probably keep getting softer...

Enjoy the game tonight. (Apologies to other posters for our 1-1 conversation).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I am  Bruins fan living in Toronto and believe me the radio and newspapers are filled daily with complaints about the Leafs. recently they were calling to fire Wilson. Yes they sell our every game, but it is mainly corporate.