I go back and forth. You?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

I go back and forth. You?

I go back and forth on the issue of whether or not people around here are too panicky and overly critical or just have passion.  On the one hand, it's true, the team is in first place, it's still only half way through the season and there is time for improvement especially given the injuries sustained over the last year (Savard, Krejci, etc.). 
    On the other hand, it all boils down to expectations.  After 2008-09, we all felt this team was moving in the right direction and would be one of the elite teams in the NHL.  Then last year happened.  Ok, a step backwards, but this year should be the bounce back.  I for one expected them to put it together and go on a run similar to 08-09 and finish at or near the top of the conference(which could still happen very easily, if they put it together on a consistent basis).  I think there's a lot of dissapointment and anger because we expected more.  This team hasn't performed up to it's ability on a nightly basis and that's frustrating to watch. 
    One of the things we take pride in as Boston fans is our relentless and rabid passion for our teams.  I think if we subtracted all of the ridiculous trades proposed on these boards, 97% of what would be left would be passionate talk about the Bruins.  I for one think it's great.  Look at the fans of Canadian teams.  Even when they s#ck (leafs) their fans are still passionate.  So although I think some go too far into the negative, it's Boston, people.  Do we want to become St. Louis?

So, if some of us look in the mirror and try to turn some of our negativity into more passionate posting, we'd all do a lot better.  Instead of arguing with each other personally(trolls aside), we could passionately debate.

Go B's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: I go back and forth. You?

this team is a contender...they don't need to play their best hockey in january, they need to be peaking in late march/april.  who cares how you start..its how you finish that matters

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: I go back and forth. You?

NO NEED FOR A THREAD ON THIS.  THE SAME THING WAS STARTED AN HR AGO TITLED PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE.  STOP OVERKILLING TOPICS

Sections
Shortcuts