I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........

There only difference between being blindly loyal (kool aid sipper) and a Bruins hater is the angle from which you view the team. Neither use facts to support their opinions. I find myself tolerating the kool aid sippers because at least they're positive! lolUnfortunately, there seems to be plenty of both on most sports team's message boards. The most enjoyable posts for me focus on the facts though.
    Maybe I am a kool-aid sipper however.. I want to believe that a team that has done so much in the regular season has the possibility of winning the Cup. Will I be disappointed with a 1st round exit? Yes. But I wont hate the team. Will I be happy with a 3rd round exit? Yes, but slightly disappointed that they got so close.
    What annoys me is that people feel anything less than a Cup is a failure. Its not realistic and ignores the accomplishments of the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : name 1 team who is consistent.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Finally had some time to answer your reply....

Consistency from what MeanE stated is not what I was thinking of when using the word.  I was thinking within the game at hand.  Some many times I have heard the phrase "60 Minutes" as a focus of inconsistent play.  Granted no team in a long season can be consistent.  Using the Detriiot Red Wings for instance on March 21st, Mike Babcock speaks of MeanEs 10 game evaluation of play through out the year.  He goes on to say the trend in play at the end of the season is not a good indicator of how well a team does in the playoffs.  Interesting enough though he does see some patterns over the year.  Specifically he speaks of inconsistency or "being off" on defense all year.  Although goodnews, you are correct, but he does think it problem if it continues all year long.

Now look at the comments of Neely in December, Julien in February and at the end of the last game against the Rangers.  Inconsistent is used to describe play.  Now the question goes back to whether or not it is the players or the coach.  My point it is and was  the coach.  

December 2010

Neely said, "That goes with the way we play, as a team that is very responsible defensively," he said when asked about the offensive struggles. "When you're that responsible defensively, it's difficult at times to turn it on and say, 'We're going to score a goal.'"  Later in the article it goes on to say that there is a need for an offensive defenseman.  

February 2011

Right now it’s turned into a bit of a competition, if you may," said Julien. "I think lately our back-end hasn’t been as consistent as it had been in the past and so we’ve moved, obviously made a move last game and brought in 'Stuey' (Mark Stuart) back in the lineup so this is just I guess something you knew eventually would happen and we’re dealing with it."

"If it's a lesson learned, then it will be a positive thing down the road," Julien said of bouncing back from yesterday's 5-3 loss. "If it's not, it's going to come back to haunt us. Because it's going to happen again."  

Playing in a consistent manner is a problem that could come back to haunt the Bs.  IMO inconsistent effort on defense. Not playing CJ's system. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : I don't understand the extreme positions everyone takes.  If someone is optimistic and hopes for the best and accentuates the positives, they are a "Kool Aid Drinker" and a zombie for the Jacobs Family.  If someone points out the scary tendency this team has to positively sleepwalk through some games, which has been going on for 2 + years  as well as the horrific collapse in the playoffs last year... they are branded as "Bruins Haters" and "Fairweather Fans." I get called a Montreal fan because I dislike Thomas so much.  I am neither a Bruins' hater nor a fairweather fan just because I don't love every Bruins player, nor because I don't believe the team as currently constituted can win a Cup in 2011.  The fact is I hope the Bruins do in fact prove me wrong and as much as I dislike him, I'd love to see Thomas (or Rask) be a Stanley Cup winning goalie for the Bruins. (only the Bruins) I don't believe the rabid fans that believe they can win through thick and thin have a corner on the market of being "true fans."  I also don't believe the people who take a more negative take are any less of a fan just because they are not blindly loyal, nor do I believe those type of fans are anything special because of their seeming impartialness.  There's room for both types of fan and neither side has the right to say the other doesn't belong.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Hello Kettle! Good gawd Soxidiot, your hatred for TT is beyond extreme! You come on here to talk about his failures! I have yet to see a post that you started where you actually had something decent to say about this team! You're not a fan of the Boston Bruins at all. You're a fan of your own opinion who loves to go against the grain! You're one of those people who goes to a party, stands out more than anyone because of your loud mouth & laughs at their own jokes! You base your opinion on NOTHING but your own hot air where the only merit you have is the one in that pea brain of yours! You say you're not a Habs fan, but yet you sound a heck of a lot more like one of those than a Bruins fan!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : Hello Kettle! Good gawd Soxidiot, your hatred for TT is beyond extreme! You come on here to talk about his failures! I have yet to see a post that you started where you actually had something decent to say about this team! You're not a fan of the Boston Bruins at all. You're a fan of your own opinion who loves to go against the grain! You're one of those people who goes to a party, stands out more than anyone because of your loud mouth & laughs at their own jokes! You base your opinion on NOTHING but your own hot air where the only merit you have is the one in that pea brain of yours! You say you're not a Habs fan, but yet you sound a heck of a lot more like one of those than a Bruins fan!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

What do you know, it's the genius that has to call people names when they dont like his favorite players.  How... childish.

Of course, every stupid thing you've said is wrong.  I have one... ONE opinion you dont like. I think TT is overrated and I hate watching him play for my favorite team.  Period.  It ruins my night.  It's unfortunate that it bothers me so much, but some day his hip and his contract will expire. It's just too bad that you don't like that.

My opinion about the Bruins isn't remotely negative or extreme.  Lots of people complain about Julien.  I dont care for their defensive style, nor the way they sleepwalk through games sometimes.  I do give him and PC lots of credit for bringing a last place team into the playoffs.  I just dont think they have enough to win it all. I hope Im wrong.

There's other things I complain about, and plenty of things I like.  pretty ordinary Bruins' fan I'd say.  But of course, YOU are the arbiter of what a "Bruins Fan" is, and one requirement is that I love your favorite little Binky.

Again, not extreme, not negative.  More realist than kool aid drinker.  However, you the psychotic Thomas lover, cannot hear one word past the fact that I dont like him. You have to call people names, say incredibly offensive things to perfect strangers and go over the top not only when they say things you dont like, but as in the other night, occasions when they MIGHT say things you dont like.

Your silly personal observations about me in your little mind mean nothing, generated by the fact that I cant stand that pylon Thomas.  Its really sad that a complete stranger's opinion about a player you like is so, so threatening.

And get back to me when you can keep up with me as a Bruins fan.  I forgot more about the B's by 1980 than you'll ever know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : What do you know, it's the genius that has to call people names when they dont like his favorite players.  How... childish. Of course, every stupid thing you've said is wrong.  I have one... ONE opinion you dont like. I think TT is overrated and I hate watching him play for my favorite team.  Period.  It ruins my night.  It's unfortunate that it bothers me so much, but some day his hip and his contract will expire. It's just too bad that you don't like that. My opinion about the Bruins isn't remotely negative or extreme.  Lots of people complain about Julien.  I dont care for their defensive style, nor the way they sleepwalk through games sometimes.  I do give him and PC lots of credit for bringing a last place team into the playoffs.  I just dont think they have enough to win it all. I hope Im wrong. There's other things I complain about, and plenty of things I like.  pretty ordinary Bruins' fan I'd say.  But of course, YOU are the arbiter of what a "Bruins Fan" is, and one requirement is that I love your favorite little Binky. Again, not extreme, not negative.  More realist than kool aid drinker.  However, you the psychotic Thomas lover, cannot hear one word past the fact that I dont like him. You have to call people names, say incredibly offensive things to perfect strangers and go over the top not only when they say things you dont like, but as in the other night, occasions when they MIGHT say things you dont like. Your silly personal observations about me in your little mind mean nothing, generated by the fact that I cant stand that pylon Thomas.  Its really sad that a complete stranger's opinion about a player you like is so, so threatening. And get back to me when you can keep up with me as a Bruins fan.  I forgot more about the B's by 1980 than you'll ever know.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

You're still an IDIOT! That's one opinion that'll never change & I bet the "REAL BRUIN FANS" on here will agree with that too! This has nothing to do with you not liking TT! It's what you base it on! The facts stare you right in the face & you scoff at them; you're someone who'd say the holocaust didn't happen just because you SAY SO! 95% of your post is based on negativity. That's not a fan!
    When the season started NOBODY saw you when TT was playing lights out! Then when he cooled off you started your hot air rants! That IDIOT is a sign of a person who loves to make controversy only to bring attention to themselves! Which in a lot of cases that person ends up being an IDIOT! That's another pack of kool-aid I'll drink to as well!!
    You have no idea what I know & remember. Just as I don't know the same for you! Again you speak without having any merit IDIOT! I do know this though. TT is a great goalie!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bump!!!!!!!

Seemed somehow fitting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good one Dez !  It still applies as it did then.
    I'm so tired of the whining , blaming the Whitehouse no show....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Good one Dez !  It still applies as it did then. I'm so tired of the whining , blaming the Whitehouse no show....
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Me too so I'm just trying to keep things in perspective.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I forgot all about that "40yrsnocup" character. Glad he's gone or maybe hes got a new moniker.He was pretty depressing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I forgot all about that "40yrsnocup" character. Glad he's gone or maybe hes got a new moniker.He was pretty depressing.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    That's probably who Null is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : That's probably who Null is.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I considered  it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : I considered  it.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    It's due to the similar nonsensical rants.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I was reading four or five postings before I noticed the 2011 date. These things happen when you are aging. Sounded just like today, except for the "last night" comments. Woke me up, even after my nap. Comcast failed, for the first time, to schedule the NBC hockey game, and pushed the Celtics, so I watched the trailings on my computer with NHL . Not very exciting until Kreji scored the 3rd goal; then the Rangers came back for their 4th one minute later. I thought that type of rebound giveaway had been corrected.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah retrospect always give introspect!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........:[QUOTE]Ah retrospect always give introspect! Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

^Yep!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I can handle the losing - agonized for 35 yrs. , like any fan would. I've canceled social plans to stay home and watch this team. My family room looks like a bruins shrine. NOBODY wants this team to win more than I do.

So when the Islanders come into Boston out hit, and are the more aggressive of the two teams - it pi$$es me off. Then go into NY to play the team that has dominated the defending Stanley Cup Champs and I look up the box score to find out what I already knew and see that the Rangers out hit the B's 33-15 It really PI$$es me off even more- For me it's not the losing- it's being out competed that sets me off. IF HEALTHY, this team can repeat IF they compete -

Mark me down as a bandwagon jumping fair weather fan - if that's what it means to mention obvious fixable flaws that are hurting my teams chances of winning. Cause I think they're good enough to repeat - F@&* em all

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I can handle the losing - agonized for 35 yrs. , like any fan would. I've canceled social plans to stay home and watch this team. My family room looks like a bruins shrine. NOBODY wants this team to win more than I do. So when the Islanders come into Boston out hit, and are the more aggressive of the two teams - it pi$$es me off. Then go into NY to play the team that has dominated the defending Stanley Cup Champs and I look up the box score to find out what I already knew and see that the Rangers out hit the B's 33-15 It really PI$$es me off even more- For me it's not the losing- it's being out competed that sets me off. IF HEALTHY, this team can repeat IF they compete - Mark me down as a bandwagon jumping fair weather fan - if that's what it means to mention obvious fixable flaws that are hurting my teams chances of winning. Cause I think they're good enough to repeat - F@&* em all
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    Did you notice this thread is a year old? What's the easy fix that you speak of? The NYR outhit the Bruins because they had the puck all game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

Man that would suck to be a sheep that loves Kool Aid

You'd never get to drink it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : Did you notice this thread is a year old? What's the easy fix that you speak of? The NYR outhit the Bruins because they had the puck all game.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    LOL Nice One!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Hey, but call me a wagon jumper too I guess. I pick out things that I think could have a bearing on a outcome. Doesn't mean I don't think they can win. I think they can, but the situation at the present time & the future (meaning play-offs) doesn't look promising. Rask is hurt, your #1 in the minors is hurt, you have 18 games remaining with no consecutive days off except for once from here until the end of the season. With every team playing the B's like it's their last. You can rest assure that it'll be pretty difficult for the rest of this team to go unscathed until the play-offs. Not being pessimistic, but realistic. I'm not upset at the team as a whole. I'm disappointed in Seids, Chara & TT's play as of late, but I'm not throwing them under bus. I just think they are in a position that maybe too difficult to climb out of. Not saying they won't make the play-offs, not saying they'll be done in the first round. I am saying that that under these circumstances it'll be a low percentage of them repeating.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

What a difference in fan perspectives.  The Leafs win one game last night and the front page of The Toronto Star is all about them.  "Not Bad For His First Day" is the headline referring to the new coach along with "Leafs Trounce Habs 3-1." There's even a pic of Carlyle in '73 as a Junior B player. 

The only other news of note on the page is a story about a local girl using social media to save a teen from suicide and how some Canadian families are helping West African families.  Those Blue 'n White faithful would love to have their team where the Bruins are right now.  I'm not saying don't gripe.  It's part of being a fan but to shovel dirt on the Bruins at this point is jumping the gun. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, but call me a wagon jumper too I guess. I pick out things that I think could have a bearing on a outcome. Doesn't mean I don't think they can win. I think they can, but the situation at the present time & the future (meaning play-offs) doesn't look promising. Rask is hurt, your #1 in the minors is hurt, you have 18 games remaining with no consecutive days off except for once from here until the end of the season. With every team playing the B's like it's their last. You can rest assure that it'll be pretty difficult for the rest of this team to go unscathed until the play-offs. Not being pessimistic, but realistic. I'm not upset at the team as a whole. I'm disappointed in Seids, Chara & TT's play as of late, but I'm not throwing them under bus. I just think they are in a position that maybe too difficult to climb out of. Not saying they won't make the play-offs, not saying they'll be done in the first round. I am saying that that under these circumstances it'll be a low percentage of them repeating.
      So, in a nutshell Nite, what you are saying ,is because Rask is hurt, the B's are doomed ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm kinda embarrassed. I only had them in the Conference Finals on that old thread. Shows how much I knew.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, but call me a wagon jumper too I guess. I pick out things that I think could have a bearing on a outcome. Doesn't mean I don't think they can win. I think they can, but the situation at the present time & the future (meaning play-offs) doesn't look promising. Rask is hurt, your #1 in the minors is hurt, you have 18 games remaining with no consecutive days off except for once from here until the end of the season. With every team playing the B's like it's their last. You can rest assure that it'll be pretty difficult for the rest of this team to go unscathed until the play-offs. Not being pessimistic, but realistic. I'm not upset at the team as a whole. I'm disappointed in Seids, Chara & TT's play as of late, but I'm not throwing them under bus. I just think they are in a position that maybe too difficult to climb out of. Not saying they won't make the play-offs, not saying they'll be done in the first round. I am saying that that under these circumstances it'll be a low percentage of them repeating.

nite - In no way are you a bandwangoner.  You've always called it as you saw it.  You're right.  The club is up against it.  At present the Bruins are facing stuff they didn't have to last year heading into the playoffs (i.e., injuries to pivotal players, Cup targets on their backs, other clubs clawing to get in).  I just think a bit early for some to be delivering a post mortem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As I said in another thread, the recent losing is plenty troubling, but I thought the Bruins played pretty well and competed pretty hard this weekend.  Both games could have gone the other way on a number of shots that hit posts and crossbars.  Sometimes this Bruins team has failed to show up for games, but that wasn't the case this weekend.

They've got to get better and overcome the injuries.  They probably won't win another Cup (right?) but I think they will get better.  Don't give up yet.

Sections
Shortcuts