I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........

.......because I feel the same way about the Bruins as I did before last night's game.Yeah.yeah,I know......they lost so the season is over.Might as well pack it in before the playoffs even start.......what a bunch of losers some fans can be.
              If I'm a sheep for sticking by the team I love through thick and thin.....so be it.I'm proud to be called names by the trolls that infest this board after every loss(and most wins).You know,it's the hating trolls I can handle.The fair-weather fans though,make my blood boil.F@ck 'em all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........

I'm a little un-balanced today but getting it back together LOL.
    Uhmmmm here comes Kool-Aid ..... I'm back on the wagon and won't be going and see AAA anytime soon or should I say KAA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You know,it's the hating trolls I can handle.The fair-weather fans though,make my blood boil.F@ck 'em all!"

^This!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Pour me a glass, I'm still all in. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........:
    [QUOTE]Pour me a glass, I'm still all in. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

same here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think it is kind of born out of the Red Sox (pre-2004) where people sort of enjoyed wallowing in the misery of it all, and it actually became 'cool' to rip on the team all the time as a defense mechanism.  I guess it gave you more merit as a fan to act personally victimized anytime someone didn't play well.  It was funny to watch in 2004, because the local bitterness was so over the top when they fell behind to the Yankess and then everyone came desperately running back when things turned around and joined the biggest tear-shedding, love-fest championship parade ever seen anywhere.

With the Bruins some of the criticism is certainly warranted, but for the fans who flake out after a 3rd period collapse in a meaningless end of season game and declare the Bruins total demise -- pull it together!  The Bruins might lose -- just deal with the insecurity without being so emotional and reactionary.  Let's just admit that they might not win, but they are a pretty good team, they've got a shot, and let's try to enjoy the playoffs without jumping ship at the first sign of danger. 

If they lose, being able to say "I knew it all along" won't really provide you that much comfort anyhow.

-Captain Koolaide Pompoms

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Dont worry Dez, I just ordered a few extra sets of PomPoms for the playoff's. You bring the Koolaide, Ill bring the PomPoms and Stanley will bring a strange affection for Wheeler.

But we'll still be bleeding black and gold.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dont worry Dez, I just ordered a few extra sets of PomPoms for the playoff's. You bring the Koolaide, Ill bring the PomPoms and Stanley will bring a strange affection for Wheeler. But we'll still be bleeding black and gold.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    I never doubted any of you guys....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

It's the protectionist mind frame. If the Bruins win, great, if they lose, the stink anyways. To be honest, I'm sick of it. Especially when it comes after a MEANINGLESS game. I could see if the Bruins needed points but really come on now. The Rangers needed that game and now they have one of their players out indefinitely because they blocked one of big Z's shots.

Side note TT looked bad last night, that erases his good season and no more Vezina.....according to most of the posters here and Burnsides.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]It's the protectionist mind frame. If the Bruins win, great, if they lose, the stink anyways. To be honest, I'm sick of it. Especially when it comes after a MEANINGLESS game. I could see if the Bruins needed points but really come on now. The Rangers needed that game and now they have one of their players out indefinitely because they blocked one of big Z's shots. Side note TT looked bad last night, that erases his good season and no more Vezina.....according to most of the posters here and Burnsides.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree, there is no way tt wins the vezina.  a 2.02 gaa and a .938 sv pct mean nothing when you allow 4 goals to the rangers in a meaningless game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Pour me a tall one, preferably SHARKLEBERRY FIN please!  Wake me up when the playoffs start, these games are like the pre-season, only we are not as excited, because we haven't seen hockey is a couple of months.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

It was a tough loss to watch last night but not so much because of the loss itself, but in the manner in which they lost (flashback).  But having taken most of the morning to shake it off, I'm still optimistic that they will do well.  Sure it would be nice to see them in the cup final, but if they're not, I'll be ok.  Heck, I enjoyed the journey along the way and delighted in the unexpected, i.e., Marchand; TT's comeback.  I think I'm more sad about the NHL season drawing nearer to the end...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am an optimist when looking ahead.  I am a pessimist when anayzing the now.  The major problem right now is inconsistency.  No one on here can accurately describe why it happens other than to say it is this player or the defense or the offense or a bad night etc.  The issue remains the same, inconsistency.  The panic, lack of concentration, prosaic playoff bound team, all are excuses for the team's teams inconsistency.  Preparation for the playoffs is a matter of playing sound hockey not necessarily winning.  I did not think it important to win the game but not being able to defend a 3 - 0 lead is not comforting going into the playoffs.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yesterday's loss was brutal but I'm not going to throw my equipment out of my duffle bag just yet. A couple more beers and I'll be over it for the Islanders game.       

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........:
    [QUOTE].......because I feel the same way about the Bruins as I did before last night's game.Yeah.yeah,I know......they lost so the season is over.Might as well pack it in before the playoffs even start.......what a bunch of losers some fans can be.           If I'm a sheep for sticking by the team I love through thick and thin.....so be it.I'm proud to be called names by the trolls that infest this board after every loss(and most wins).You know,it's the hating trolls I can handle.The fair-weather fans though,make my blood boil.F@ck 'em all!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

i don't care that i am called a homer or if someone says i wear bruins footy pajamas. that's fine all i know is i am here on this forum and at work or out with friends when the bruins win or lose. i answer all the questions of anyone who calls me out when the bruins take a tough loss. there was commerical that cant remember to well which the narrator says something like when the team does finally win u can say that u were there for the whole ride. when will i able to say i was here the whole time with the bruins i dont know jesus i hope its soon but if they don't do it this year then its wait until next year for me. one thing i will take from what flech just wrote talking the redsox. to me it reminds me of before o4 with the sox cause fans hang on every win and loss from that year and u can see it even on this forum with wins and loss's by the bruins. hopefully the bruins are close to the same results. go Bs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........:
    [QUOTE].......because I feel the same way about the Bruins as I did before last night's game.Yeah.yeah,I know......they lost so the season is over.Might as well pack it in before the playoffs even start.......what a bunch of losers some fans can be.           If I'm a sheep for sticking by the team I love through thick and thin.....so be it.I'm proud to be called names by the trolls that infest this board after every loss(and most wins).You know,it's the hating trolls I can handle.The fair-weather fans though,make my blood boil.F@ck 'em all!

Agree 100%.  In no way does the loss last night have any affect on their playoff run.  Meaningless game, true fans stick by their team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : i don't care that i am called a homer or if someone says i wear bruins footy pajamas. that's fine all i know is i am here on this forum and at work or out with friends when the bruins win or lose. i answer all the questions of anyone who calls me out when the bruins take a tough loss. there was commerical that cant remember to well which the narrator says something like when the team does finally win u can say that u were there for the whole ride. when will i able to say i was here the whole time with the bruins i dont know jesus i hope its soon but if they don't do it this year then its wait until next year for me. one thing i will take from what flech just wrote talking the redsox. to me it reminds me of before o4 with the sox cause fans hang on every win and loss from that year and u can see it even on this forum with wins and loss's by the bruins. hopefully the bruins are close to the same results. go Bs
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    There was a Simpsons episode where the Isotopes were in the playoffs.Down at Moes,Homer told everyone"who cares,the Isotopes stink and always lose anyway".After a dramatic comeback win,it pans back to Homer who was suddenly decked out in Isotopes gear from head to toe,telling everyone who'd listen that "I knew they'd do it all along".Seems to me we've got plenty of "Homers" on this forum.Ironically enough,they're the ones that like to call us sheep.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : There was a Simpsons episode where the Isotopes were in the playoffs.Down at Moes,Homer told everyone"who cares,the Isotopes stink and always lose anyway".After a dramatic comeback win,it pans back to Homer who was suddenly decked out in Isotopes gear from head to toe,telling everyone who'd listen that "I knew they'd do it all along".Seems to me we've got plenty of "Homers" on this forum.Ironically enough,they're the ones that like to call us sheep.......

LOL! Too  true.

I tend to avoid things I dont like so I always get a kick out of the people who come on here to constantly complain. Its not like you have to be a B's fan, go buy some flyers/canucks gear if its that painful for you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I am an optimist when looking ahead.  I am a pessimist when anayzing the now.  The major problem right now is inconsistency.  No one on here can accurately describe why it happens other than to say it is this player or the defense or the offense or a bad night etc.  The issue remains the same, inconsistency.  The panic, lack of concentration, prosaic playoff bound team, all are excuses for the team's teams inconsistency.  Preparation for the playoffs is a matter of playing sound hockey not necessarily winning.  I did not think it important to win the game but not being able to defend a 3 - 0 lead is not comforting going into the playoffs.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

name 1 team who is consistent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]I am an optimist when looking ahead.  I am a pessimist when anayzing the now.  The major problem right now is inconsistency.  No one on here can accurately describe why it happens other than to say it is this player or the defense or the offense or a bad night etc.  The issue remains the same, inconsistency.  The panic, lack of concentration, prosaic playoff bound team, all are excuses for the team's teams inconsistency.  Preparation for the playoffs is a matter of playing sound hockey not necessarily winning.  I did not think it important to win the game but not being able to defend a 3 - 0 lead is not comforting going into the playoffs.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I am kinda tired of hearing that this team is inconsistent.  If you break down the season into 10 game segments, like brick does on NESN, you will see that the Bruins are incredibly CONSISTENT 
    1-10 7-3-0 14pts.
    11-20 5-3-2 12 pts.
    21-30 4-4-2 10 pts.
    31-40 5-2-3 13 pts.
    41-50 7-3-0 14 pts.
    51-60 6-4-0 12 pts.
    61-70 5-2-3 13 pts.
    71-79 5-3-1 11 pts.

The problem that some people have is that they overanalyze every game.  That's not for the regular season.  That's what we do in the playoffs.  When the playoffs begin, it's all about 16 wins, and I don't care how they get them, as long as they do.  They can be great one night and terrible the next.  As long as they win 4 games each round it won't matter!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : I am kinda tired of hearing that this team is inconsistent.  If you break down the season into 10 game segments, like brick does on NESN, you will see that the Bruins are incredibly CONSISTENT   1-10 7-3-0 14pts. 11-20 5-3-2 12 pts. 21-30 4-4-2 10 pts. 31-40 5-2-3 13 pts. 41-50 7-3-0 14 pts. 51-60 6-4-0 12 pts. 61-70 5-2-3 13 pts. 71-79 5-3-1 11 pts. The problem that some people have is that they overanalyze every game.  That's not for the regular season.  That's what we do in the playoffs.  When the playoffs begin, it's all about 16 wins, and I don't care how they get them, as long as they do.  They can be great one night and terrible the next.  As long as they win 4 games each round it won't matter!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Great post MeanE!Not a single 10 game stretch in which they didn't play at least 500 hockey.That's an incredibly consistent season long record.Now all they have to do is win 4 out of 7 for a couple of months.I still like our chances against anyone in the East.Next week can't come soon enough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Pour me a glass, I'm still all in. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Make it a double.

Weird and irritating loss last night but ... it is what it is.  I'm still a fan and what's more important, I think, is how they respond.  Playoffs crowd should be bonkers and they've been harder to play against at home.  Last night was an ugly aberration - finish strong and take momentum into next weekend.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't care too much about any one game.  The season as a whole has established the Bruins to be among the game's best.  They were very good in the playoffs last year until Krejci got hurt.  They are significantly more talented this year.  Therefore, I can't wait for the playoffs to see what they do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : I am kinda tired of hearing that this team is inconsistent.  If you break down the season into 10 game segments, like brick does on NESN, you will see that the Bruins are incredibly CONSISTENT   1-10 7-3-0 14pts. 11-20 5-3-2 12 pts. 21-30 4-4-2 10 pts. 31-40 5-2-3 13 pts. 41-50 7-3-0 14 pts. 51-60 6-4-0 12 pts. 61-70 5-2-3 13 pts. 71-79 5-3-1 11 pts. The problem that some people have is that they overanalyze every game.  That's not for the regular season.  That's what we do in the playoffs.  When the playoffs begin, it's all about 16 wins, and I don't care how they get them, as long as they do.  They can be great one night and terrible the next.  As long as they win 4 games each round it won't matter!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

You have excellent stats to back up your claim. I will have time to do more work on my point of view.  But just look at the team play, winning 8 to 0 then coming out with a 3 - 0 lead and blowing it.  Also remember in a league where three points are given for a shoot out win, then your win loss stats are going to be skewed.  

I did say optimistic ahead.  I am concerned with consistency.... not wins and losses.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : name 1 team who is consistent.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Probably the best reply to my remark.  I would have to check the scores of the individual games to prove you are correct in your statement or incorrect.  Me thinks you may have a point.  

Sections
Shortcuts