I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........

In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........:
    [QUOTE]I don't care too much about any one game.  The season as a whole has established the Bruins to be among the game's best.  They were very good in the playoffs last year until Krejci got hurt.  They are significantly more talented this year.  Therefore, I can't wait for the playoffs to see what they do.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    6 out of 13 forwards are different from last year's squad.Throw in Seidenberg and Kaberle and the D has a whole new look.A healthy Vezina winner in goal......lot's has changed since last year(except the doomsayers).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care too much about any one game.  The season as a whole has established the Bruins to be among the game's best.  They were very good in the playoffs last year until Krejci got hurt.  They are significantly more talented this year.  Therefore, I can't wait for the playoffs to see what they do.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

cha ching

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........:
    [QUOTE].......because I feel the same way about the Bruins as I did before last night's game.Yeah.yeah,I know......they lost so the season is over.Might as well pack it in before the playoffs even start.......what a bunch of losers some fans can be.           If I'm a sheep for sticking by the team I love through thick and thin.....so be it.I'm proud to be called names by the trolls that infest this board after every loss(and most wins).You know,it's the hating trolls I can handle.The fair-weather fans though,make my blood boil.F@ck 'em all!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ya know Dez. I took a bad one earlier this year where I took my shrine down & said I'll never watch another game while CJ is behind the bench. However, you & few others kept me posted & told me CJ made some adjustments & I've been back. said I wouldn't say another bad thing about CJ until after the play-offs & I wouldn't say anything negative at all if the B's get to the 3rd round & win at least one game.

I think the B's will be fine. I don't think it'll be a collapse that'll knock them out this year. I honestly think the only thing that will beat the B's out of the play-offs will be a 2011 version of Halek! This is the first year in a long time where I feel they have the depth to beat ANYBODY including Detroit, Vancouver & San Jose! I truly believe that the KHL line will be a force & Marchand will turn into a play-off hero once or twice.

TT will NEVER shut his critics up! He can't win against his detractors no matter what he does! The facts stare the IDIOTS right in the face & they still continue with diaherra of the mouth. Us true Bruin fans want TT to do well & won't be starting threads about how terrible he is every time he allows a bad goal. Something that every goalie does, but it doesn't make headlines here.

If something happens that TT's game goes south? We'll be hoping that CJ won't be so stubborn, or afraid to start Rask like he was so reluctant to start Timmy last year. We hope he's learned & grown from that.

I want the B's to not have "this game is meaningless" attitude for any game. When you play sports for a living it's your job. When is a job meaningless? When/if you have that attitude you usually are looking for another one in short order.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Hope springs eternal, even after regular season losses. What makes me laugh is the trolls who post here and try to get people to stop hoping. Screw that, I love hockey and I love the Bruins, if that makes me a sucker then fine, but I am enjoying the season. Glad to see others are too. Efff the haters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]I am an optimist when looking ahead.  I am a pessimist when anayzing the now.  The major problem right now is inconsistency.  No one on here can accurately describe why it happens other than to say it is this player or the defense or the offense or a bad night etc.  The issue remains the same, inconsistency.  The panic, lack of concentration, prosaic playoff bound team, all are excuses for the team's teams inconsistency.  Preparation for the playoffs is a matter of playing sound hockey not necessarily winning.  I did not think it important to win the game but not being able to defend a 3 - 0 lead is not comforting going into the playoffs.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Hey, I drink my koolaide in my Bruins' "sippie-cup". You know the kind that can't roll over and spill. I posted on Naz's thread today. I still am very disgusted about last nights' loss. Up by three to a team that beat you last time meaningless? I sure hope so. My hate for the rangers goes way back. You use the word "inconsistency". That sums up my concern. The Bruins can ill afford to expose the "achille's heel" of this season come playoff time. In any event I did purchase tickets to see the B's  on April 15th. During the six hour trip I will hydrate with koolaide!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

In Response to I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........:
    [QUOTE].......because I feel the same way about the Bruins as I did before last night's game.Yeah.yeah,I know......they lost so the season is over.Might as well pack it in before the playoffs even start.......what a bunch of losers some fans can be.           If I'm a sheep for sticking by the team I love through thick and thin.....so be it.I'm proud to be called names by the trolls that infest this board after every loss(and most wins).You know,it's the hating trolls I can handle.The fair-weather fans though,make my blood boil.F@ck 'em all!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Glad to see you finally come to grips with who you really are. Jacobs thanks you.

1972 and counting...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : Glad to see you finally come to grips with who you really are. Jacobs thanks you. 1972 and counting...
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]
    oooooh-what a ZINGER..........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I'm not a fair weather fan at all, and I hate last nights loss.  I think it's just one more sign that Claude is the wrong coach and style of play for this NHL to win a cup, and that we lack a top end guy or two before we're going to win anything other than a playoff round, maybe 2 if things fall right.

Look at the cup champions over the past 5 years, all those teams are loaded with stud players, we are shy of that currently.  Chara is the only top guy in our lineup, lucic is playing great though.  We have many nice pieces here, krejci, bergy, horton, even kaberle.  Chi last year with sharp, kane, toews, keith, seabrook, hossa, on and on.   Det has zetterberg, lidstrom, datsyuk and so on.  Pitt has that crosby guy, malkin, letang, etc etc.  Anaheim with pronger, scott n, even a rookie getzlaf and perry combo, carolina had staal, do we have any forwards who compare to any of these guys?  Tampa with Vinny L, St Louis, Richards, Boyle, etc.

Sorry guys, I like our team, I don't over react to wins or losses all year, but let's look at things realistically.  Teams who go the distance, or even come close, are loaded with top tier talent.  We are loaded with great second tier guys.  If Bergy's line had something more than an old rex and marchand, we would be in business.  Those two wingers are 3rd liners on championship teams.  Let's cross our fingers that seguin is one of those wingers next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i don't think they had a "this game is meaningless" attitude at all. they came out and skated circles around the rangers for 25-30 minutes, then sat on a lead(this can't happen come playoffs). the rangers then woke up and realized their season very well could end that night. they played like a team fighting for their lives, and the b's tried to hold on for a point. team with virtually nothing on the line vs. team fighting for its life. that being said, TT did have one of his worst games of the year-two tricklers between legs. i hope they play hard and skate for a full 60 against isles- who are no pushover...they beat nyr 5-2? earlier last week. i watched the game with a ranger fan friend, and he warned me of that 2nd line with prospal and wolski and ?(cannot recall). they were real good. not to mention the b's had ONE pp in the first, then not another all game. the rangers had 3 or 4 more in the 2nd and 3rd- that kept their momentum going. bottom line, i can't wait for the playoffs to start... pass the kool-aid.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Folks show their version of support and passion for the Bruins in many ways.  Some are ready to pull the rip cord after games like last night while others, myself included, ride the peaks and valleys that happen during a season. 

Our outlooks may differ but I'd like to think each bottom line is the same; we want the Bruins to win.  (And yeah, let me buy a round of that black 'n gold juice for the house.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

40 yrs... glad to see you've come to terms with who you are...FAIR WEATHER FAN.  i'm sure you'll be at the parade if the b's win, and everyone will know who you are... your the guy saying"i knew they could do it all along"- ha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]40 yrs... glad to see you've come to terms with who you are...FAIR WEATHER FAN.  i'm sure you'll be at the parade if the b's win, and everyone will know who you are... your the guy saying"i knew they could do it all along"- ha
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I've paid plenty to see about 8 games so far this season and have tickets to Game 2. I'm a realist with this team. I don't blindly cheer for the team and have my head in the clouds like so many of the posters on here.

I think the philosophies of Chiarelli and Julien are the death sentence for this organization and I don't see the Bruins having a "real" shot at the Cup until they are gone. I call things for what they are even if some of you kids can't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

No fairweather fan here just call things as I see them. Anyone who watches or listens to every game no matter how good or bad the season isn;t a fairweather fan. I just call things how I see them and as Mike Felger has said time and time again " This is what they ( the bruins and coach) are".

Hope they win it all but I don't think they will even get to the third round. TT great regular season goalie but can any of you tell me a time he won or stole a playoff series for us? Not blamming him totally for the series he was the goalie and didn't win but just saying he hasn't played his best hockey in the postseason. Not saying start rask either just telling you why I feel the way I do about this teams playoff chances. Bergy has now been on teams that have blown 3-1 series lead his rookie year in 03-04 and he front and center on last years 3-0 series and 3-0 game lead. Chara our capt says he and the team were nervous before game 5 of the philly series and the team didnt show up with any effort in that game. Claude do I really need to explain why i have doubts in him leading us to the promise land in the postseason?

Hope we win it all and I will probably make a few trips down to watch some playoff games but I don't think this team is winning it all or even getting to the third round. Hope they proove me wrong I would love to eat some crow!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you mean the organization that couldn't make the playoffs before their arrival? the organization that had ONE playoff series win with big joe in town? or the organization that has twice been one game from the conference finals in consecutive years? the bruins are in as good shape now as they were in the late 80's/early 90's. they are young- minus recchi, and have been in the top 5 or 6 teams in the league since clodes arrival. i know we all want a cup to come to boston, but at some point you have to realize you have to crawl before you walk. this team is off the floor and starting to hit their stride- i'll follow them and see where it takes us-GO B'S

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE] you mean the organization that couldn't make the playoffs before their arrival?

the organization that had ONE playoff series win with big joe in town?

or the organization that has twice been one game from the conference finals in consecutive years?

Peter? Is this you?

Wow so this is what it has come to for some Bruins fans. How very sad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]you mean the organization that couldn't make the playoffs before their arrival? the organization that had ONE playoff series win with big joe in town? or the organization that has twice been one game from the conference finals in consecutive years? the bruins are in as good shape now as they were in the late 80's/early 90's. they are young- minus recchi, and have been in the top 5 or 6 teams in the league since clodes arrival. i know we all want a cup to come to boston, but at some point you have to realize you have to crawl before you walk. this team is off the floor and starting to hit their stride- i'll follow them and see where it takes us-GO B'S  

At least those bruins teams you are referring to for the most part lost to teams who they should have based on them having more talent on paper. The oillers and pittsburgh teams were just flat out better. Many of the other years the bruins lost to the eventual conference champion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you mean like the canucks getting bit** slapped by the oilers(6-1)last week? or the rangers getting pummeled by the isles (5-2)last week?.be sure to let us know who they should and should not lose to. i bet you had the flyers in the cup finals last year(8th seed). you make so much sense, please do enlighten us 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : Peter? Is this you? Wow so this is what it has come to for some Bruins fans. How very sad.
    I fail to see your reason for feeling like you're some sort of elitist Bruins fan because you're able to see that they're terrible.Everyone else are just poor saps because they would dare believe the Bruins might be good enough to win.I mean,who's the real sap here?You're the one claiming to be shelling out your hard earned dollars for what you perceive to be an inferior product.All the while,complaining of that evil Jacobs family getting rich off the blind public.You say you're a "realist who won't blindly cheer for the team" after telling of your game 2 tickets.I suspect you'll stand out in the crowd as the only one booing while holding up a "I Hate The Bruins sign!".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]you mean like the canucks getting bit** slapped by the oilers(6-1)last week? or the rangers getting pummeled by the isles (5-2)last week?.be sure to let us know who they should and should not lose to. i bet you had the flyers in the cup finals last year(8th seed). you make so much sense, please do enlighten us 

3-0 nothing series lead and 3-0 nothing lead in game 7 not to much to think they should have advanced

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I believe this team can make a deep run but they have to put away their bad habit that creeps up from time to time, like last night, of sitting on a lead and 'clocking out' early.  They are competitive enough and I don't think they see these last few games as meaningless either. 

I don't know why they revert to this habit at times - complacency? fatigue? But it cannot happen during the playoffs.  Like I mentioned before, the loss last night didn't bother me but the manner in which they lost.  This is not something you want to see a week before the playoffs.  Hopefully they shake this off for the last time.  On the bright side, last night's game could've been a deja vu moment for them as a valuable reminder.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Guess I'm A Sheep Who Loves Kool-Aid........ : Peter? Is this you? Wow so this is what it has come to for some Bruins fans. How very sad.

back after a loss again. u are the definition of a fair-weather fan. post today after bad loss last night to the rangers. last post before that bruins loss to the rangers 1-0 on Saturday march 26 that's odd huh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

There is nothing the B's can do in the regular season to change the perception that the bashers have of them.  That's a fact and really not worth arguing with them about. 

The team is better than they were last year,  they just have to do it on the ice starting next week to quiet the trolls.  Let's hope they can answer the critics, how sweet it would be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]There is nothing the B's can do in the regular season to change the perception that the bashers have of them.  That's a fact and really not worth arguing with them about.  The team is better than they were last year,  they just have to do it on the ice starting next week to quiet the trolls.  Let's hope they can answer the critics, how sweet it would be.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

good call hang it wont be hard to remember the people in this forum who have doubted this team from the start of the season. the team forwards,defense and goalie are all better this year going into the play-offs. now it is time to catch lighting in a bottle and make a run at this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]I believe this team can make a deep run but they have to put away their bad habit that creeps up from time to time, like last night, of sitting on a lead and 'clocking out' early.  They are competitive enough and I don't think they see these last few games as meaningless either.  I don't know why they revert to this habit at times - complacency? fatigue? But it cannot happen during the playoffs.  Like I mentioned before, the loss last night didn't bother me but the manner in which they lost.  This is not something you want to see a week before the playoffs.  Hopefully they shake this off for the last time.  On the bright side, last night's game could've been a deja vu moment for them as a valuable reminder.    
    Posted by gardenbees[/QUOTE]

Good post

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Did you see them collapse?  3-0!  Of course.  It means that, even though the team is very, very different, they are no better than the team from the Philly series.

They stink.  I'm done with them.  Where is my Penguins jersey?