I hope they don't trade Koko!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I hope they don't trade Koko!

More and more this kid looks to be a solid offensive prospect, maybe even top prospect overall.  2 goals, 1 assist last night for Providence.  Don't get me wrong, I like Spooner and was impressed in what he did on his call up, but seems to me that Koko has good vision as well, but can actually put the puck in the net.  Spooner seems like a Marc Savard type who will put up 4 assists for every goal he scores.

I also think that Koko's ability to play the wing makes him the more logical choice to keep around.  With Soderberg, Krecji, and Bergeron down the middle, I just don't see where Spooner is going to fit on our team.  Smells like trade bait.

In general seems like Spooner, Koko and Griffith all have some value

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: I hope they don't trade Koko!

Hope he doesn't bolt back to the KHL. His cap hit would fit nicely if he can really impress Julien at camp. However if he can bring in a good, young right handed shot for Krejci then you have to make the trade.

PS. Funny I read from the resident BDC skate doctor, while viewing him at rookie camp, young KoKo skated on his ankles LoL

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Too much talent there is a good chance that PC trades them all....PC prefers players like Pandolfo, Thornton, PEV, Rollston (at the age of 38) ...aging players with no speed and no talent ...thats the way PC is going until Cam Neely fires him (should be in the next few days)

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Chappy28's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More and more this kid looks to be a solid offensive prospect, maybe even top prospect overall.  2 goals, 1 assist last night for Providence.  Don't get me wrong, I like Spooner and was impressed in what he did on his call up, but seems to me that Koko has good vision as well, but can actually put the puck in the net.  Spooner seems like a Marc Savard type who will put up 4 assists for every goal he scores.

I also think that Koko's ability to play the wing makes him the more logical choice to keep around.  With Soderberg, Krecji, and Bergeron down the middle, I just don't see where Spooner is going to fit on our team.  Smells like trade bait.

[/QUOTE]

Bruins are not going to trade any of them if they are not even 22 years old yet.   Since Bruins are struggling offensively in most playoff games in the last two years, it is better off to keep these three guys.  Remember, Bruins could trade Marchard or let go Iginla.  If Bruins are so loaded with defensemen, I would surprise that they would try to trade some along with maybe McQuaid who is an often injure proned player.  

Dont worry these rookie guys will not be traded!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bruins are not going to trade any of them if they are not even 22 years old yet.   Since Bruins are struggling offensively in most playoff games in the last two years, it is better off to keep these three guys.  Remember, Bruins could trade Marchard or let go Iginla.  If Bruins are so loaded with defensemen, I would surprise that they would try to trade some along with maybe McQuaid who is an often injure proned player.  

Dont worry these rookie guys will not be traded!!

[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt bet on that ...PC has done a good job in his first few years but lately he's been sleeping

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope he doesn't bolt back to the KHL. His cap hit would fit nicely if he can really impress Julien at camp. However if he can bring in a good, young right handed shot for Krejci then you have to make the trade.

PS. Funny I read from the resident BDC skate doctor, while viewing him at rookie camp, young KoKo skated on his ankles LoL

[/QUOTE]

His skating was pretty bad, but that was years ago and I know he's been working on it.  His skating has improved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

From the Providence Journal...

"With a goal and an assist, Spooner took over the American Hockey League playoff scoring lead with five goals and eight assists for 13 points in 11 games. Khokhlachev, who has five goals against the Pens, is tied for second with seven goals and five assists for 12 points."

Always good when you have the top two scorers in the playoffs!  At least Providence can finish

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dont worry these rookie guys will not be traded!![/QUOTE]

Thats why Koko was included in the Iginla debacle last year.  They're all on the table, Chappy.  Btw I say trade Koko and Spooner, both, if its for a player like Perry or Horton.  This team needs a top line offensive talent with speed for Krejci's line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His skating was pretty bad, but that was years ago and I know he's been working on it.  His skating has improved.

[/QUOTE]

BH, I've also heard that Koko's skating is his weakest point right now. That's good news as he can always keep working on it.

Sections
Shortcuts