I keep thinking back...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

I keep thinking back...

I keep thinking back to the MTL series and asking myself 'how bad did they play?' I think they played well enough to win. they had Price beaten on 11 or 12 occasions...that's a LOT of hit pipes...they had him down and out and missed more than 1/2 dozen open nets. If they score on 1/3 of those opportunities, I'm not writing this and I'd certainly not be getting replies that tell me I'm fulla malarkey.

Seriously, i think they played at least well enough to win, they just did not score well enough.

Thoughts (I know, I'm fulla malarkey)

Garfield

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: I keep thinking back...

Usually when a team hits their fair share of posts or miss the net frequently it means the goalie is playing the angles well and leaving little room for the shooter. Props to Price for doing this in the first two rounds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've been thinking about it and I have to blame the coaching staff.  They were obviously flat.  They had the talent to win the series and they weren't motivated.  The most energy shown was Lucic in the handshake line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Playing below their best was still good enough to win.  Think that speaks to how good they are.  Less than their best, as it turns out, just wasn't good enough to beat a Habs team that owned the emotional edge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Usually when a team hits their fair share of posts or miss the net frequently it means the goalie is playing the angles well and leaving little room for the shooter. Props to Price for doing this in the first two rounds.

Absolutely...credit due is given...but we're talking 1/2" and we're not having this discussion...over 7 games 11 or 12 pipes to say nothing of the missed wide open nets.   I know, wait till next year.  But, at least I'm not screaming for a blow up of the team or Chia or CJ's head!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well when you look at the game where subban comes out of the penalty box gets a break away and scores, it shows exactly that the hype of playing mtl got to there heads, no one on that play paid attebtion to the penalty ending but i can bet 1000s of fans did. True to the fact the hockey gods were with mtl, alot of luck from the hit posts and missed chances.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to gaaucoin's comment:

Absolutely...credit due is given...but we're talking 1/2" and we're not having this discussion...over 7 games 11 or 12 pipes to say nothing of the missed wide open nets.   I know, wait till next year.  But, at least I'm not screaming for a blow up of the team or Chia or CJ's head!!!

I'm not calling for CJ's head.  What I've seen from him before is that once a weakness is exposed, it is corrected.  It's the sign of a good coach to be able to adapt.

Although I would say that his teams seem to have had emotional letdowns in the past as well, maybe it's time to bring in a motivational speaker.  I wonder what Tony Robbins is up to nowadays?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I wonder what Tony Robbins is up to nowadays?

Likely in a mansion on a beachfront, laying on a pile of money, in the company of a group of beautiful ladies...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to gaaucoin's comment:

I'm not calling for CJ's head.  What I've seen from him before is that once a weakness is exposed, it is corrected.  It's the sign of a good coach to be able to adapt.

Although I would say that his teams seem to have had emotional letdowns in the past as well, maybe it's time to bring in a motivational speaker.  I wonder what Tony Robbins is up to nowadays?

He's got somebody ready to 'soar with the eagles' not 'scratch like the turkeys.'

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They will have Bobby Robins next year........

http://bobbyrobins.com/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

They did not play well. There were missed passes left and right, no confidence on shots even by guys like Krecji. They were spooked and let the Habs play their type of game. It was the worst hockey the B's had played going back to before they went on their great streak of play last few months of reg. season. Hitting posts or not, coaching or not, they underachieved badly. The 7th game was yet another example of the team not able to get going. They fell behind early in games. It was not B's Hockey and that's why they did not deserve to go on. The team should have been at another level by Game 7, playing with confidence and dominating the play. Instead, they were outplayed and looked like they could not generate much v. the Habs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't understand the whole hitting the goal posts thing. All it means is that the shot wasn't accurate enough to score. The goaltender isn't getting lucky, it's just a missed shot on goal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

They did not play well. There were missed passes left and right, no confidence on shots even by guys like Krecji. They were spooked and let the Habs play their type of game. It was the worst hockey the B's had played going back to before they went on their great streak of play last few months of reg. season. Hitting posts or not, coaching or not, they underachieved badly. The 7th game was yet another example of the team not able to get going. They fell behind early in games. It was not B's Hockey and that's why they did not deserve to go on. The team should have been at another level by Game 7, playing with confidence and dominating the play. Instead, they were outplayed and looked like they could not generate much v. the Habs. 

danny, since this thread is a retrospective I look at the 4-2 Game 5 win and thought those were the Bruins we were waiting for and were going to see more of the rest of the way. A pretty dominant show. Kinda reminded me of Games 3 and 4 in the 2011 finals when they came at Vancouver like rabid dogs. What can you do? They weren't able to sustain that level or weren't allowed to by Montreal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I don't understand the whole hitting the goal posts thing. All it means is that the shot wasn't accurate enough to score. The goaltender isn't getting lucky, it's just a missed shot on goal.

You don't have all night to get your shot off in that league.  You don't get to aim very often, mostly, you just try to not hit the goalie...make him work a little.  Phil Esposito said he never looked, just tried to get 'good wood".

Usually, you expect the post count to be somewhat equal over a 7 game series.  Hitting about 7 times more posts than your opponent is terrible luck, not innacuracy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Thing that confused me the most in the series is that Montreal was the more physical team,going into that series didn't think Montreal could with stand a 6or 7 game series,thought Bruins would physically where them down,but really it was the opposite,Bruins didn;t seem to have anything left for last two games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Completely agree.  Even during the periods of time when the Bruins carried the play, they looked bad on passes and shots.  This happened way too early for Price to be in their heads.  Sometimes a goalie will get in a teams head and make them shoot too "fine." Thats not what happened... the B's were squeezing the sticks too tight and missed, over and over.

That one game the Bs played well seemed like it would take off the pressure, but they played their absolute worst in games 6 and 7.  I do not believe they didnt care, I think they cared too much and let their emotions swallow them up into defensive gaffes and a frozen offense.

Generally, being behind meant nothing to the B's this year and even showed it in Games 1 and 2, but when they fell behind in games 6 and 7 so quickly, it was obvious they were never in either game. Mental meldown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

If u must know I'm surprised it went 7. . What i cannot understand how come a team that excels in these other so cslled zones didn't beat mtl. Should have been a piece of cake

Btw. Never disliked camobell but cheap or not and even if just on the 4th line the guy is just lousy. Hes got  no talent whatsoever. And kelly time w ith bos is over. Seriiusly I'm sick of them now. Get some new energy. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

If u must know I'm surprised it went 7. . What i cannot understand how come a team that excels in these other so cslled zones didn't beat mtl. Should have been a piece of cake

Btw. Never disliked camobell but cheap or not and even if just on the 4th line the guy is just lousy. Hes got  no talent whatsoever. And kelly time w ith bos is over. Seriiusly I'm sick of them now. Get some new energy. 

Campbell or Camobell (A bell wearing camouflage?) is a great fourth line player.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LexisMarco-MarcoisLex. Show LexisMarco-MarcoisLex's posts

I agree, NAS.  You're right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Completely agree.  Even during the periods of time when the Bruins carried the play, they looked bad on passes and shots.  This happened way too early for Price to be in their heads.  Sometimes a goalie will get in a teams head and make them shoot too "fine." Thats not what happened... the B's were squeezing the sticks too tight and missed, over and over.

Actually, this is so true and so completely unacknowledged.  It started against the Wings, in fact.  Game one v Det.: shut out.  Game two, they win but get 2 of 4 goals on the PP, and one from Justin Florek.  Game 3, PPG, Caron goal, and EN goal.  Game four, PPG, tie it on a goal from Lucic, win in OT on a deflection.  Game 5, 2 PPG, Lucic with his third, EN goal.  They won in 5 games scoring 6 ES goals, 6 PPG, 2 ENG.  Of the ES goals, 4 came from the Fat Elvis combo, one from Caron and one from Florek - spare part bonus goals.  That's nothing from Bergeron but an ENG, nothing from Marchand but missed nets, nothing from Smith at ES, nothing from the Swedish connection at ES, nothing from Merlot period.

But yes, tell me again how this was all about the Scabs shutting down Boston because of the great Carey Price/PK Subban/Emelin and Markov combo platter.  Amazing how they were good enough to throw the Bruins off even against Detroit!

[object HTMLDivElement]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

One of the observation from the Montreal/NYR series was Tokarski was pretty comparable to Price. So was I incorrect to under estimate the defense of Montreal or was Peice not as good as many like to believe? 

"Don't judge me monkey" 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

at the end of the day, the league's top team, at least in terms of points, didn't get past the second round.... i've never heard so much talk about hitting posts....  the B'S lost because playing catch-up hockey finally caught up to them.... 

all the excuses are irrelevant....

a noteworthy change or two is coming....  and i'm not talking about a fourth-line winger....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

at the end of the day, the league's top team, at least in terms of points, didn't get past the second round.... i've never heard so much talk about hitting posts....  the B'S lost because playing catch-up hockey finally caught up to them.... 

all the excuses are irrelevant....

a noteworthy change or two is coming....  and i'm not talking about a fourth-line winger....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

My first thought was that you're going to be disappointed if you're looking for significant personnel change after this.  After the meltdown of the 2010 playoffs, you'd have thought the Bruins would blow the thing up.  Looking back, though - a full year of Seidenberg, adding Horton, adding Seguin, dumping Wheeler, Stuart and Sturm, adding Marchand and McQuaid.  That's not insignificant.  I think, though, it's also not the knee-jerk moves implied by the context here where they won the regular season and lost in the playoffs.  I don't think you'll see anyone "pay a price" for the loss.  Partly because you have to wonder if they simply overachieved in the regular season and underachieved in the playoffs - the gap looks huge but the "real" version of that team is somewhere in between what we saw in the reg and playoffs. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

PC did not blow up the team after the 2012 loss in the first round and he won't do so now. A one-third changeover from 2013 to 2014 is as much change as we are going to see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

PC did not blow up the team after the 2012 loss in the first round and he won't do so now. A one-third changeover from 2013 to 2014 is as much change as we are going to see.

Agreed. However, there could be some turnover in the roster due to the Iginla situation. If PC can't get him signed and he goes elsewhere there could be a ripple effect. In order to replace Iginla some other bodies on the roster may have to be moved via trade if PC wants a top level scorer. I doubt he's going to be able to replace Iggy with another FA on the same level because the cap won't allow it. So some shuffling of bodies via trade would be a possibility.

Sections
Shortcuts