I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but...

After watching / listening to Carey Price on the microphone during that All Star period, he is simply a likeable guy. Funny.  And that breakaway routine was comical too.

He also scored a lot of points with me when he simply chose not to cave TT's head in when he was throwing him around like a fish last year.  In front of the home crowd yet.

I still want to beat him 100 times in a row, but I have trouble disliking this guy. 

PS: Especially after seeing how easy it is to depise a complete dolt like Luongo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but...

the game was such a love in I almost liked hartnell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Ya, I've been conflicted over this guy since his "chill" comment to the Hab faithful in the '10 pre-season.  Cool customer, as you said, likeable, classy.  Doesn't belong in the Blue Red and White.  We can always hope for a trade.  Maybe they'll leave him in for a dozen one night and he'll have played his last game in that uniform.  Good chance of the dozen, less chance they trade him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

My feeling exactly Sox !   I hate him ! I hate him ! I hate him !...There. I feel better. He is a Hab after all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but...":
    After watching / listening to Carey Price on the microphone during that All Star period, he is simply a likeable guy. Funny.  And that breakaway routine was comical too. He also scored a lot of points with me when he simply chose not to cave TT's head in when he was throwing him around like a fish last year.  In front of the home crowd yet. I still want to beat him 100 times in a row, but I have trouble disliking this guy.  PS: Especially after seeing how easy it is to depise a complete dolt like Luongo. Posted by SoxFanInIL
    32. Great kid, and he was a real good sport, throughout the skills competition,, ..plays in a real pressure cooker in Montreal,, and handles himself very well.You can't help but not like the kid

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I could never like Hartnell...id love to punch him in his big nose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Had this conversation with a friend Saturday night actually.

I don't think I can ever see him wearing a Bruins sweater - and it wouldn't look right.  But I think he may be one of a few Canadiens who I can fully respect.  Though my opinion may be skewed as there are few goalies namely Luongo and Miller as he has edged me the wrong way as well that I don't care for.  (Its the goalies union thing once you're a goalie you always side with the goalies...)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I'm a little confused here, are we talking about Hartnell or Price?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Price had the best line of the whole TT debate, I thought.  Something to the tune of:

I don't think it makes much difference to those guys.  They're winners.  They just show up at the rink and try to beat you.  That's what they care about.

[first two sentences are pretty close, last two are probably paraphrase...]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Tough to not like the kid, for both his personality and his talent. At least I'll get to cheer for him when he puts on the Maple Leaf.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I like Price and Ward. They were great to have mic'ed up. I both like and dislike the whole mic'ing of players. It makes them seem like real people and they seem like good people, makes it hard to hate them. Just like Giroux...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I knew he'd win you guys over...I've met him twice, total down to earth guy, was really shocked when I ran into him a second time he remembered our conversation from before which was about equipment, first thing out of his mouth was "how'd the new stuff work for you"...The breakaway stuff he broke out was classic, facing the wrong way, tebowing etc...Marc-Andre Fleury would have had some stuff too.

Funny moment, after he made a glove save, Roenick was trying to get his attention and he said sorry but he was checking himself out on the big screen...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Next thing you know, we will be like that DB named Subban. Give me a break. The HABS are the enemy and have been for a 100 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I know what you mean. I want to hate the guy so bad, and for the most part I can do it with all of them. But Price is likeable. 
    There I said it, and if you repeat it I will have to kill you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

It was a joke he made the allstar game so I guess he decided to try be a comidian while he was there?

I hate the kid blame it on the jersey he wears. I also remember when he wound up like he was gona throw a punch at a fan in boston only to pull back. I wish that would have been me because mr price would have got his face caved in and I would have been just doing so since he made the apperence he was going to hit me.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but...:
    It was a joke he made the allstar game so I guess he decided to try be a comidian while he was there? I hate the kid blame it on the jersey he wears. I also remember when he wound up like he was gona throw a punch at a fan in boston only to pull back. I wish that would have been me because mr price would have got his face caved in and I would have been just doing so since he made the apperence he was going to hit me.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

I doubt very highly that this would end well for you. No one is going to let you get away with swinging on their franchise goalie as a fan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : I doubt very highly that this would end well for you. No one is going to let you get away with swinging on their franchise goalie as a fan.
    Posted by lambda13

I'm going to take a wild guess and imagine that Price could probably handle himself against a fan who thinks he can beat him up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Had this conversation with a friend Saturday night actually. I don't think I can ever see him wearing a Bruins sweater - and it wouldn't look right.  Posted by nix02061

Remember when the B's picked up Jeff Hackett from Montreal in the early 2000's?  He played a couple games in his red and blue Habs' pads!  Weirdest thing I ever saw.

I also remember when the B's picked up Jacques Plante late in the season. Loved him but he totally didnt look right in a Bruins' jersey, either. Almost expected to see him with blue pants...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'm sure he could but if I'm a team mate and I see someone try to punch my goalie I don't care if he can handle himself, I'm all in for a beat down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sad. 

Here's an entire thread dedicated to making love to a Montreal goaltender.

My #1 rule for being a Bruins fan:  Any team but Montreal.  If I respect a player for his ability or approach, you won't hear me say it when he's still Hab property.  Roy, Keane, LeClair, Desjardins, Carbonneau, Robinson...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Hate the Habs, but think the world of Price! I think he's a super guy & a great goalie. Everytime he plays I want him to allow 8 goals, but only because the other team had 60 shots. My respect for him went up when the way he has conducted himself in Habland! A goalie's nitemare, but he handles it quite well. He went up 20 mor notches with me the way he protected Timmy this past weekend. I think he has a lot of admiration for the guy & even though Timmy plays for arguably the biggest rival in sports history, he doesn't care. He judges Timmy as a person, not on the logo on the front of a Jersey! Too bad more Bruins fans on here didn't look at things the same way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Sad.  Here's an entire thread dedicated to making love to a Montreal goaltender. My #1 rule for being a Bruins fan:  Any team but Montreal.  If I respect a player for his ability or approach, you won't hear me say it when he's still Hab property.  Roy, Keane, LeClair, Desjardins, Carbonneau, Robinson...
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

What's sad NAS is that you're always too dam stubborn to budge on anything!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sad.  Here's an entire thread dedicated to making love to a Montreal goaltender. My #1 rule for being a Bruins fan:  Any team but Montreal.  If I respect a player for his ability or approach, you won't hear me say it when he's still Hab property.  Roy, Keane, LeClair, Desjardins, Carbonneau, Robinson...
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You'll see the light NAS!! I don't beleive you for a second as I know your a fan of the game also. Hard guy to hate...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : Remember when the B's picked up Jeff Hackett from Montreal in the early 2000's?  He played a couple games in his red and blue Habs' pads!  Weirdest thing I ever saw. I also remember when the B's picked up Jacques Plante late in the season. Loved him but he totally didnt look right in a Bruins' jersey, either. Almost expected to see him with blue pants...
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

I remember it well, he pitched a shutout in his first game as a Bruin, a 1-0 OT win versus Philly with Brian Rolston netting the OT winner.

Sections
Shortcuts