I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but...

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but...:
    In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : I remember it well, he pitched a shutout in his first game as a Bruin, a 1-0 OT win versus Philly with Brian Rolston netting the OT winner.
    Posted by kelvana33

Yes I do too! I also remember that IF Marty Brodeur didn't rob PJ 6 different x's in that series it may have been a different outcome. Say what you want about the Bruins that particular play-off, but goaltending wasn't an issue! Sheilds & Hackett BOTH played their hearts out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Don't get all this love from you guys for price what the heck has he ever done in this game? He has what one career playoff series win? That win was vs our 8th seed bruins and in 7 games nothing impressive. The furthest he he went in the playoffs was when he was watching from the bench when Halak willed them to the conference finals. Don't get the love for this hab sorry.

I thought it must have just hab fans stuffing the ballot box for price to make the allstar game. Now and I am starting to think some of my fellow bruins fans did this for a hab? Makes a real bruins fan wana throw up disgusting. It was a total joke he was on the allstar team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Don't get all this love from you guys for price what the heck has he ever done in this game? He has what one career playoff series win? That win was vs our 8th seed bruins and in 7 games nothing impressive. The furthest he he went in the playoffs was when he was watching from the bench when Halak willed them to the conference finals. Don't get the love for this hab sorry. I thought it must have just hab fans stuffing the ballot box for price to make the allstar game. Now and I am starting to think some of my fellow bruins fans did this for a hab? Makes a real bruins fan wana throw up disgusting. It was a total joke he was on the allstar team.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

He wasn't voted in. Every team needed to be represented. He was the only Hab.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

the game was such a love in I almost liked hartnell.
    Posted by 86redsox

The day I take a liking to the Cowardly Caveman is when he tries to play tough guy -- realizes he accidently got paired up with Chara -- and Z does a David Koci on him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : He wasn't voted in. Every team needed to be represented. He was the only Hab.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Even further proof what a joke the allstar game is. Thanks for the correction. Only thing I make a point to watch during allstar weekend is the skills compition. When I was a kid I loved the game but now it just sucks. Maybe I should try drinking a case of beer and betting a little cash on the allstar game to peak my interest in it again. Man I am glad the bruins are playing again tomorow...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : The day I take a liking to the Cowardly Caveman is when he tries to play tough guy -- realizes he accidently got paired up with Chara -- and Z does a David Koci on him.
    Posted by zamboni24

A matter of fact the Cowardly Caveman got paired up with Big Z last spring and wouldn't you know it, he turtled, go figure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : A matter of fact the Cowardly Caveman got paired up with Big Z last spring and wouldn't you know it, he turtled, go figure.
    Posted by 50belowzero

I thought there was just a sniper in the crowd that shot him in the legs. I laughed so hard when that happened last season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

hate is a 4 letter word. this hang up with the Canadiens is border line insanity.

i get great pleasure when the Bruins beat the Rangers,Islanders and Devils. more so than when they beat Montreal. but wait,being a native New Yorker, just might have something to do with that.

and if the Hartford Whalers ever come back they will be # 4 on my list.
    did like their Brass Bonanza goal song though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

hate is a 4 letter word. this hang up with the Canadiens is border line insanity. Posted by jerrynewyork

Well that whole Yankee thing must have you confused, then.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : A matter of fact the Cowardly Caveman got paired up with Big Z last spring and wouldn't you know it, he turtled, go figure.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Sound advice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Price is a great guy. No doubt, and I hate the Habs as a rule. But he's really down to earth and doesn't appear to get caught up in his fame. Thumbs up on him, but thumbs down on at least 15 of the other Habs. Cammelleri, for the record, was another good guy while with the Habs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but...:
    After watching / listening to Carey Price on the microphone during that All Star period, he is simply a likeable guy. Funny.  And that breakaway routine was comical too. He also scored a lot of points with me when he simply chose not to cave TT's head in when he was throwing him around like a fish last year.  In front of the home crowd yet. I still want to beat him 100 times in a row, but I have trouble disliking this guy.  PS: Especially after seeing how easy it is to depise a complete dolt like Luongo.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

He play's for the Canadiens and everything they represent, past, present and future.  That's all any real Bruins fan should care about.

Nice guy, but he inked a deal with a team I hate.  And last time I checked black and gold runs deeper than personalities on opposing teams.  I'm still having a hard time with the Pouliot deal..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : He play's for the Canadiens and everything they represent, past, present and future.  That's all any real Bruins fan should care about. Nice guy, but he inked a deal with a team I hate.  And last time I checked black and gold runs deeper than personalities on opposing teams;  I'm still having a hard time with the Pouliot trade..
    Posted by bim09

For the record, Pouliot wasn't a trade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : Sound advice.
    Posted by jalvis

For sure, but sometimes there is more honor in taking a beating than skating around like a tough guy and not answering the bell. I know turtling doesn't hurt as much but it explains how you become known as the Cowardly Caveman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : He play's for the Canadiens and everything they represent, past, present and future.  That's all any real Bruins fan should care about. Nice guy, but he inked a deal with a team I hate.  And last time I checked black and gold runs deeper than personalities on opposing teams.  I'm still having a hard time with the Pouliot trade..
    Posted by bim09

I find nothing Price says funny, but i do find the state the Habs find themselves in funny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : He play's for the Canadiens and everything they represent, past, present and future.  That's all any real Bruins fan should care about. Nice guy, but he inked a deal with a team I hate.  And last time I checked black and gold runs deeper than personalities on opposing teams.  I'm still having a hard time with the Pouliot deal..
    Posted by bim09

Must have been tough watching Ryder last spring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Sad.  Here's an entire thread dedicated to making love to a Montreal goaltender. My #1 rule for being a Bruins fan:  Any team but Montreal.  If I respect a player for his ability or approach, you won't hear me say it when he's still Hab property.  Roy, Keane, LeClair, Desjardins, Carbonneau, Robinson...
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

oh well... here goes, i'm going to side with NAS on this one. call it stupid, irrational or whatever you want. can't get past the red white and blue. it took me a little while to warm up to clode and ryder. neither of these guys were with montreal that long , so it made it a little easier to come around ONCE THEY WERE BRUINS. price is the face of their francise, and i just can't do it. even if he was traded to the jackets (or some other team i don't care about), he'd have to play there 6-8 years to wear that montreal stink off of him before i would pull for the guy.  and even then, i would not promise anything, the habs were part of too many childhood nightmares to be easily forgotten.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I wish that would have been me because mr price would have got his face caved in...
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Price is 6'3, 225 pounds and a world class athlete. I'm sure you'd do very well in that fight. Go get 'im, Tiger!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Sometimes the enemy is a good friend but in hockey I will always put Mtl Toronto NYR and Philly as the enemies and Ulf Samuelson as the number 1 individual enemy and Claude lemieux right behind Ulf. Period end of story.

Put yes I can accept Price and Lafleur as too Canadiens on the good list.

Long time for you kennedy long time no hear from you how are things in the hab land with rumours.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

This reminds me of the Seinfeld bit.  We love the players on our team, but hate the players on other teams.  As soon as our player goes to another team, and he puts on that hated jersey, we hate them. And if a hated player from another team comes to our team and puts on our jersey, now we love them!  We're cheering for laundry!

That being said, it's good to hear that many posters here can put aside their hate for laundry, and recognize that there are decent human beings playing on teams other than their own.  I've always had a man-crush on the package of skill, determination, leadership and integrity known as Steve Yzerman.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

This reminds me of the Seinfeld bit.  We love the players on our team, but hate the players on other teams.  As soon as our player goes to another team, and he puts on that hated jersey, we hate them. And if a hated player from another team comes to our team and puts on our jersey, now we love them!  We're cheering for laundry! That being said, it's good to hear that many posters here can put aside their hate for laundry, and recognize that there are decent human beings playing on teams other than their own.  I've always had a man-crush on the package of skill, determination, leadership and integrity known as Steve Yzerman.
    Posted by 49-North

Yep, I've never heard a bad word spoken about Joe Sakic either. A class act will always be recognized league-wide.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : Yep, I've never heard a bad word spoken about Joe Sakic either. A class act will always be recognized league-wide.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I think the B's could have drafted Burnaby Joe too, but took Quintal instead.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : Must have been tough watching Ryder last spring.
    Posted by kelvana33

Ryder didn't punch Krejci in the face, and he was already with the team for quite some time at that point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Montreal players, but... : Yep, I've never heard a bad word spoken about Joe Sakic either. A class act will always be recognized league-wide.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed, some players transcend their jerseys - Sakic, Stevie Y, Iggy, Selanne... some players are just too good and too classy to hate, regardless of their jersey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

A Hab I could never dislike ? Jean Beliveau. Even though he was on teams that killed the Bruins repeatedly I could never get to dislike him. Very classy !  Jean Ratelle reminded me a lot of Beliveau.

Sections
Shortcuts