I Know It Has Been a Good Year No Matter What Happens But .....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I Know It Has Been a Good Year No Matter What Happens But .....

It sucks to lose in the Finals.  I know you have done better than 28 other teams but with how gruelling the NHL playoffs are, to come that close and not win a Championship is a hard pill to swallow.  I also know that considering that it took a miracle comeback to even get to where they are we should just enjoy the run.  Still with how well they played against the Rangers and Pens it feels like it is their Cup to lose.  In other words no offense to Chicago who have a very good team but if the Bruins play like they have been playing they should win.  I think they will and I am picking them in 6.  That being said as a Bruins fan for over 40 years I have not shaken all the ghosts of the close, exciting but still disappointing finishes. 2011 helped exorcise a lot of the demons but that win was an unexpected pleasant surprise.  This time I am expecting more and that makes it much harder if they don't get it done.  It will feel more like 1974, 1979 or 1990 than 1988.  Being from the Toronto area I also really want that miracle comeback to have led to a Cup, not an almost Cup. 

At the end of the day the run has been fun no matter how it ends but I am being honest that this time I will not be happy with 2nd place.  I know when they won in 2011 I said I was content but I want this team to solidify their names as Champions.  After they win this year I will be content for a few years.  The Bruins are 2-5 in the Stanley Cup Finals I have watched them in. I think one more on the plus side would fully exorcise any demons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: I Know It Has Been a Good Year No Matter What Happens But .....

They survived a scare with toronto, They beat out NYR and Pitts 2 teams i dreaded to face in the EC so i am happy with the results because they exceeded my expectations, Chicago is the other best team in the league and if they lose the finals they all can hold there head up.

Game 1 and 2 in chicago to me will be the key, a split there and that will make me happeier. I think we see a 6 or 7 game series and no blowouts for sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

It sucks to lose in the Finals.  I know you have done better than 28 other teams but with how gruelling the NHL playoffs are, to come that close and not win a Championship is a hard pill to swallow.  I also know that considering that it took a miracle comeback to even get to where they are we should just enjoy the run.  Still with how well they played against the Rangers and Pens it feels like it is their Cup to lose.  In other words no offense to Chicago who have a very good team but if the Bruins play like they have been playing they should win.  I think they will and I am picking them in 6.  That being said as a Bruins fan for over 40 years I have not shaken all the ghosts of the close, exciting but still disappointing finishes. 2011 helped exorcise a lot of the demons but that win was an unexpected pleasant surprise.  This time I am expecting more and that makes it much harder if they don't get it done.  It will feel more like 1974, 1979 or 1990 than 1988.  Being from the Toronto area I also really want that miracle comeback to have led to a Cup, not an almost Cup. 

At the end of the day the run has been fun no matter how it ends but I am being honest that this time I will not be happy with 2nd place.  I know when they won in 2011 I said I was content but I want this team to solidify their names as Champions.  After they win this year I will be content for a few years.  The Bruins are 2-5 in the Stanley Cup Finals I have watched them in. I think one more on the plus side would fully exorcise any demons.

I hear what you're saying. When you don't expect it you don't have the same level of disappointment. Losing in 88 was not devastating, 74 more so, we had the best team. I almost feel like this year would be gravy too but like you I'd like this team to solidify their greatness with another win now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

As a fan I want it all! Give me the Cup!  

That said:  the Bs management team will be happy with the return to the Cup series.  The core of players retained system created by PC has worked.  If he can manuver Rask and even Horton into the Cap next year, he will have a few more chances in the "Chara Era".  Certainly his draft picks will have to start producing on the NHL level in the next few years.  

Don't judge me monkey!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnA3C9Af_oc

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I know I might get some flack for this but; IF the Bruins win it all this year (in this salary-capped 30 team League) are the Boston Bruins the closest that any fan will see to a 'dynasty'?

They have built a team that has competed in the top ranks of the league for the last 4-5 years and led in many team categories...and (if my IF comes true) would have won the Cup twice in that time.

I don't think that we will see a team win back-to-back(to-back) SCs the way the salaries are managed and with free agent movement, but the Bruins have worked hard to be the prototype of how to build a winning club - and managed to keep rising to (or near) the top. They may be the closest thing to a 'dynasty'.

P.S. I know - Chicago might be in the same category if they win this year, having won in 2010.

I would have included Detroit, Pittsburgh here too, except for their perfomances of late.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

Thanks for the tip.  I am pretty familiar with the game.  My son and his buddies just won the Hockey Night in Canada under 15 Street Hockey Championship in Toronto.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

I know I might get some flack for this but; IF the Bruins win it all this year (in this salary-capped 30 team League) are the Boston Bruins the closest that any fan will see to a 'dynasty'?

They have built a team that has competed in the top ranks of the league for the last 4-5 years and led in many team categories...and (if my IF comes true) would have won the Cup twice in that time.

I don't think that we will see a team win back-to-back(to-back) SCs the way the salaries are managed and with free agent movement, but the Bruins have worked hard to be the prototype of how to build a winning club - and managed to keep rising to (or near) the top. They may be the closest thing to a 'dynasty'.

P.S. I know - Chicago might be in the same category if they win this year, having won in 2010.

I would have included Detroit, Pittsburgh here too, except for their perfomances of late.

You are right that in this day and age that might be the closest thing to a dynasty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

And yes we do want more!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

On the surface it appears that this Bruins team has awakened to support Tuuka Rask. Tuuka's performance in these playoffs , so far, is better than Tim Thomas's cup run. Tuuka is not scrambling; he is upright and face on; and he just held the Pens to 2 goals in four games. Timmy scrambled to some exciting game 7 wins, but Tuuka is out-playing that type of game. This team has emerged, in the playoffs, as better than the 2011 team. Certainly Chicago is very capable, but Crawford could be their weak link. Boston's weak link right now is on defense with Chara beatable by speed[ Kane]; Boychuck having a brain cramp; Ference being overpowered and outskated. On the plus side, McQ is playing tough and alert; Krug is a major suprise; and Seidenberg is the most stable of the group. I would also not be concerned if Bartkowski was called to fill in. I don't have a good read on Chicago's bottom six, and it appears that Claude will mix his group as needed. Certainly Seguin has been playing superb defense, and could start cashing in some of his shots; but, in the last two Pitt games, Thorny was watching even when on the ice; but, His toughness will be a help

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

They survived a scare with toronto, They beat out NYR and Pitts 2 teams i dreaded to face in the EC so i am happy with the results because they exceeded my expectations, Chicago is the other best team in the league and if they lose the finals they all can hold there head up.

Game 1 and 2 in chicago to me will be the key, a split there and that will make me happeier. I think we see a 6 or 7 game series and no blowouts for sure.

Yeah win or loose I will love them but will love them more if they win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

there should have been a period placed after Year. the bruins are 4 wins from WINNING the cup, and people are contemplating what it will be like if they lose? i don't get it.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

there should have been a period placed after Year. the bruins are 4 wins from WINNING the cup, and people are contemplating what it will be like if they lose? i don't get it.   

Just responding to post,I don't think they are going to loose,just answering question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

No really I am thinking more about how great a feeling it will be if they win and how badly I want that to happen.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm a happy camper, they beat the Pens, no - they shellacked the Pens about as bad as a team can get beat in the playoffs - I think you will have to look at the history books to find as big a blowout as that one.

I saw Campbell in one of the gutsiest plays ever.

I'm going to see a good finals vs. the Hawks.

This is going to be fun and I like the odds the have to win the cup, I'm going to be happy no matter what.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they wiped the Hawks clean, same as with Pittsburgh I don't see it possible that the Bruins get wiped 4 straight, but it is possible they wipe the Hawks 4 straight.

Sections
Shortcuts