I know this heresy, but there is a sense of relief...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I know this heresy, but there is a sense of relief...

For some reason I felt relief when they lost. I am trying to figure it out, and the only thing I can think of is I don't have to spend all summer watching TV. 

Anyone else brave enought to admit it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: I know this heresy, but there is a sense of relief...

In Response to I know this heresy, but there is a sense of relief...:
    For some reason I felt relief when they lost. I am trying to figure it out, and the only thing I can think of is I don't have to spend all summer watching TV.  Anyone else brave enought to admit it?
    Posted by perrysound

I told my girlfriend that it felt like a strange weight was lifted with the loss. I'm not sure why.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I felt it too, although it's tough to put my finger on exactly what it was.  There was just something about this whole season, where you kind of knew it would be impossible to repeat what they did last year, but they always did enough to give us hope that it was possible.

Last year's team lived on the edge and somehow managed to never fall off.  It looked like they were going to on multiple occassions, but in the end they proved that they should never be counted out.

In this series they just couldn't turn on that next gear.  I never wanted to count them out, even as it became more and more apparent that it just wasn't there.  They fought to the end, and 7 one goal games, 4 OT's and 2 elimination games is about as stressful of a series as you can have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I know I felt it too. Im rooting for the Flyers now but its completely without that feeling of importance that I had last year watching the cup run. Feels ok but man I cant believe they are out already.

It suks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think alot of us kind of realized how hard it was to win one last year and though we are all huge fans didnt really expect them to repeat.
    Though, if they were to ever repeat, this year might have been a good chance considering whos been knocked out already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I'm watching Devils vs Panthers and I'm astounded how desperate they are...like many of the other series. Bruins looked like they were on a picnic, misery is over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Last year my brother and I were glued to the Bs.  This year as well, until, the TWILIGHT ZONE was set upon us.  Now I have to spend me time hiking, biking, doing house projects, and going back to the gym.  I will watch hockey but it will not be the same.  The draft then wait for September!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

i wondered if the players wondered ,how are we going to do this again. especially as the injuries started to add up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

In Response to Re: I know this heresy, but there is a sense of relief...:
    I'm watching Devils vs Panthers and I'm astounded how desperate they are...like many of the other series. Bruins looked like they were on a picnic, misery is over.
    Posted by number08

I agree, watching a number of series (or at least parts of), I honestly think Bruins-Caps was the most boring of the first round. There was no offense, trap style defense and hardly any periods of sustained pressure leading to multiple scoring chances.

I understand the games were tight, but it almost felt like each team wasn't trying to score,  just trying to prevent the other one from scoring.

The Bruins need that killer instinct, and it looked like it was missing in Boston's top 2 lines, save for maybe Seguin.  Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Peverly all let us down offensively, as once again did the PP. For a team that has been in the tops of the league in GF the last few seasons, it amazes me how poor the powerplay is.

If it wasnt for the Cup run last year, I think this team would undergo a big change

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I think alot of people felt it...the players included.  I think they call it "the cup hangover."  I think you will see a different attitude next year, the team will be well rested and hungry again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll be able to enjoy my May and June now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

It was easier to take,at first,in the wake of a recent Stanley Cup win. But today it sunk in that we will not hear those beautiful words: "Prepare the Duck Boats". I listened to streamed Boston radio here in vancouver for a week after the Cup win to soak up as much as possible- I watched marchand rap on the Bruins site live that Saturday morning- I drank it all up and watched the games over and over all summer long. The dream is over . . . I may never live long enough to see the B's win another cup but I loved that team and will remember the joy forever. For me the thing that made losing in the first round a little easier was that the Canucks went out first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

With sooo many players returning from last years Stanley Cup Champions, was there enough "fire" to go through it all again? Bergie hurt? That was the straw that broke the camels back.
    Without him almost wasn't worth the effort to grind on.

Hate the fact they couldn't beat Washington, however, the fact they won it all last year certainly takes the bad taste out of my mouth out.

Would love to see a Western team win it this year. St.Louis or even Nashville. The Kings wouldn't be so bad only for the fact they took out Vancouver

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

no offense to you long-time posters on this board and on this thread, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED last May/June. I felt no sense of relief, felt sad about the loss, and feel like I wish I could see some more B's playoff games as I enjoyed watching the entire 7-game series with Caps. Boring? Well, if 1-goal games are boring, not sure what more you want out of a close series. 4 OTs and some great finishes. I can't wait for 2012-2013. I'm back to being a mad-cap B's fan, longing for the next Cup. I just hope I'm alive when the next Cup B's win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: I know this heresy, but there is a sense of relief...:
    no offense to you long-time posters on this board and on this thread, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED last May/June. I felt no sense of relief, felt sad about the loss, and feel like I wish I could see some more B's playoff games as I enjoyed watching the entire 7-game series with Caps. Boring? Well, if 1-goal games are boring, not sure what more you want out of a close series. 4 OTs and some great finishes. I can't wait for 2012-2013. I'm back to being a mad-cap B's fan, longing for the next Cup. I just hope I'm alive when the next Cup B's win.
    Posted by dannycater

I loved it too, but my risk of an aneurysm or an assault will be much lower this year. Just sayin'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

And with the money I'll save from not buying Bruins Stanley Cup 2012 souvenirs I should be able to take all the Hanrahans on a little vacation.

Sections
Shortcuts