I know this is a Bruins site...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I know this is a Bruins site...

But I've talked hockey with a lot of you here for years, so give me a moment to talk hockey about someone else. I just wanted to share that tonight, I'm the second most excited about a hockey game of my life (next to game 7 last spring). Tomorrow my boys are back after 15 long, heart breaking years. I cried my eyes out in 96. I know I'll cry  tomorrow too, but for an entirely different reason. A month after the Jets left in 96, my fiance died in a car accident. 1996 was the worst year of my life. By far.

Earlier this year, I got married to the new love of my life, the Bruins won the Cup for the first time since I was born, I became a mother to a wondeful two-year old boy (best day of my life was bringing him home), I got my doctorate, and a great job, my friends in Tunisia and Egypt (and I have many) finally became free, I watched my wife achive her dream of playing professional (or at least semi-pro) hockey and be invited to tryout for Team Canada (never made the cut, but hell...), and now the Jets are back. 2011 is my best year.

Can't wait for tomorrow. I'll cry tears of joy for like the 8th time this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: I know this is a Bruins site...

In Response to I know this is a Bruins site...:
    [QUOTE]But I've talked hockey with a lot of you here for years and years, so give me a moment to talk hockey about someone else. I just wanted to share that tonight, I'm the second most excited about a hockey game of my life (next to game 7 last spring). Tomorrow my boys are back after 15 long, heart breaking years. I cried my eyes out in 96. I know I'll cry  tomorrow to, but for an entirely different reason. A month after the Jets left in 96, my fiance died in a car accident. 1996 was the worst year of my life. By far.  Earlier this year, I got married to the new love of my life, the Bruins won the Cup for the first time since I was born, I became a mother to a wondeful two-year old boy (best day of my life was bringing him home), I got my doctorate, and a great job, my friends in Tunisia and Egypt (and I have many) finally became free, and now the Jets are back. 2011 is my best year. Can't wait for tomorrow. I'll cry tears of joy for like the 8th time this year.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Congrats on everything Red. I hope the future brings continued happiness. Good luck against the Habs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks Dez... and hopefully we hand the Habs their second loss. That may not happen, but I'd be willing to bet that we break a decibel record for the NHL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

[QUOTE]But I've talked hockey with a lot of you here for years, so give me a moment to talk hockey about someone else. I just wanted to share that tonight, I'm the second most excited about a hockey game of my life (next to game 7 last spring). Tomorrow my boys are back after 15 long, heart breaking years. I cried my eyes out in 96. I know I'll cry  tomorrow too, but for an entirely different reason. A month after the Jets left in 96, my fiance died in a car accident. 1996 was the worst year of my life. By far.  Earlier this year, I got married to the new love of my life, the Bruins won the Cup for the first time since I was born, I became a mother to a wondeful two-year old boy (best day of my life was bringing him home), I got my doctorate, and a great job, my friends in Tunisia and Egypt (and I have many) finally became free, I watched my wife achive her dream of playing professional (or at least semi-pro) hockey and be invited to tryout for Team Canada (never made the cut, but hell...), and now the Jets are back. 2011 is my best year. Can't wait for tomorrow. I'll cry tears of joy for like the 8th time this year.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Nice feel good story to start the day. Congrats Red and hope the good fortunes continue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Red, I hope Mark Stuart lights up PK tonight, hammers Ryan White n a good dust up then assists on or scores the winning goal for you today. It goes without saying that your posts are always welcome and insightful but you already know this. Hope your great and wonderful year continues Cheers....Cool

PS. Oh and I'm putting some juju, voodoo on Wheeler today so he doesn't have one offsides. That way you don't have to cuss in front of your family Lol!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Red, always glad to read your perspective. Good wishes for you and your family as the years progress. Many of us older folk have had labotomies to restructure our parochial and catholic views. It's great to read a success story in this continuing and tumultuous world. My youngest son died in a car accident, at age 27, just as he had completed a post graduate treatise on the Palestinian conflict which would have included pictorials by a noted Palestinian artist. This was a follow on to his thesis on the relocation and evolvement of the Hmong tribesmen, who supported our Delta trained guys in Vietnam, and are  now living in the Green Bay area, so that they would not have been wiped out. Amazing involvement for a second generation Irishman from Boston who played hockey with the same all inclusive passion that he invested in his teachings and students.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Great story, Red, and congratulations on getting your Jets back. I expect that having an intense crowd cheer them on every game will do wonders for your team this season. Beat those Habs! Cheers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That's what I call a great year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Congratulations Red !!! I'm a firm believer that there should be more Canadian temas, not less. The game was started in North America in Canada and we need to be reminded of that all the time by having as many teams as we can there. Any place where the only ice you see is in soft drinks and not outside in the winter is probably a poor place to have an NHL team. I miss the Quebec Nordiques and so do the Habs Laughing Hamilton needs a team and we should see if Moncton can support a team just to aggravate you-know-who. Go Jets and kick the **** out of the Habs as many times as you can. Leave Subban crying for mercy and may their dives be met with hard checks on the ice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]But I've talked hockey with a lot of you here for years, so give me a moment to talk hockey about someone else. I just wanted to share that tonight, I'm the second most excited about a hockey game of my life (next to game 7 last spring). Tomorrow my boys are back after 15 long, heart breaking years. I cried my eyes out in 96. I know I'll cry  tomorrow too, but for an entirely different reason. A month after the Jets left in 96, my fiance died in a car accident. 1996 was the worst year of my life. By far.  Earlier this year, I got married to the new love of my life, the Bruins won the Cup for the first time since I was born, I became a mother to a wondeful two-year old boy (best day of my life was bringing him home), I got my doctorate, and a great job, my friends in Tunisia and Egypt (and I have many) finally became free, I watched my wife achive her dream of playing professional (or at least semi-pro) hockey and be invited to tryout for Team Canada (never made the cut, but hell...), and now the Jets are back. 2011 is my best year. Can't wait for tomorrow. I'll cry tears of joy for like the 8th time this year.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red,

I think most of Canada is sharing in on your excitement about the Jest home opener.  Its gonna be a magic moment for sure.  definitely will go down in the history books when we look back on hockey.

Congrats on everything.  For one day only.  GO JETS GO!!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks all... god, I don't know if I can make it another two hours lol. Feel like I'm bouncing off the walls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Love your post & insight Red! Congrats on the new transformations & good will in your life! A great weekend to be Thankful too! Wink Beat those Habs, but were gonna need the Jets to beat the Sabers more this year!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, Red. Just because of you I will be rooting for Winnipeg all season, except when they play the Bruins, of course ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

red i know i have told before but i do very much enjoy reading your posts. weather it is about bruins,Winnipeg or other hockey (juniors,team Canada or women's hockey)im glad to hear your having such a good year and sorry about stuff in the past(especially'96) heres to hoping hoping the jets and bruins make the play-offs this year and that both teams are successful for many years going forward!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Awesome post, Red! Congratulations and enjoy the Jets!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: I know this is a Bruins site...:
    [QUOTE]Red, always glad to read your perspective. Good wishes for you and your family as the years progress. Many of us older folk have had labotomies to restructure our parochial and catholic views. It's great to read a success story in this continuing and tumultuous world. My youngest son died in a car accident, at age 27, just as he had completed a post graduate treatise on the Palestinian conflict which would have included pictorials by a noted Palestinian artist. This was a follow on to his thesis on the relocation and evolvement of the Hmong tribesmen, who supported our Delta trained guys in Vietnam, and are  now living in the Green Bay area, so that they would not have been wiped out. Amazing involvement for a second generation Irishman from Boston who played hockey with the same all inclusive passion that he invested in his teachings and students.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

My condolences bogie - I know first hand it's a damn near impossible thing to put behind you (and you never really do)

On a happier note, 9 minutes to go... dammmmit! Habs just scored again... 5-1.

I was going to say, at least Wheeler hasn't been called offside yet. I'm ecstatic, over the moon that they're back... but this is gonna be a loooooong season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Huh... when was he last time you saw a standing O for a team that lost 5-1. The fans are going nuts.

Cherry said at the end, quite obvious... switch goaltenders, and the Jets win. Sigh. Price. Thomas. Miller. Lundquist. Rask. Ward. Vokoun. Bryz. Brodeur. Reimer. Can we go to the Western Conference yet?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

but you can't switch Price is a HABS ...! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

Jets have no attack at all....indeed it's gonna be a long season for them....!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Red - Jets fans were bonkers (in a good way) and it's going to be a great season no matter what. Your post made me grin from ear to ear; I'm so happy that 2011 was been such an incredible year for you.

Remember what happened when Thomas was asked how he could top his epic award-winning year. He just shrugged and said that he'll just have to go out and do it again. I hope 2012 ends up being just as kind to both of you as 2011 was.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]red i know i have told before but i do very much enjoy reading your posts. weather it is about bruins,Winnipeg or other hockey (juniors,team Canada or women's hockey)im glad to hear your having such a good year and sorry about stuff in the past(especially'96) heres to hoping hoping the jets and bruins make the play-offs this year and that both teams are successful for many years going forward!!
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

Thanks Loyal and everyone.

I think my biggest hockey related fear right now is that some how the Jets sneak into 8th, and the Bruins finish first. That would be amazing  and suck so bad all at the same time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is the Bruins site.   Talk about the Jets on the Jets site.

Blah.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Whatever NAS. I prefaced this thread with my understanding of that (read the dam title and my first paragraph, you annoying curmudgeon). Just wanted to talk hockey (and I referenced the Bruins" to people I know understand the game (most  Jets fans haven't followed the game for 15 years and have no clue of what the heck they're talking about). And you know that if you read the first post. We're all hockey (and Bruins) fans here. If you don't like it, go to another thread. I gave you the warning, yet you still posted. Your own damn fault.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Whatever NAS. I prefaced this thread with my understanding of that (read the dam title and my first paragraph, you annoying curmudgeon). Just wanted to talk hockey (and I referenced the Bruins" to people I know understand the game (most  Jets fans haven't followed the game for 15 years and have no clue of what the heck they're talking about). And you know that if you read the first post. We're all hockey (and Bruins) fans here. If you don't like it, go to another thread. I gave you the warning, yet you still posted. Your own damn fault.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Whatever is right Red . Guy Boucher's scar , Don Cherry's comments , Souray vs. Wiz are all recent hockey topics that have nothing to do with the Bruins. They have numerous posts that show people are interested.

Keep posting what you feel will be a good hockey topic, Bruins or not ! Some of us want to read and talk about all hockey related topics.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever NAS. I prefaced this thread with my understanding of that (read the dam title and my first paragraph, you annoying curmudgeon). Just wanted to talk hockey (and I referenced the Bruins" to people I know understand the game (most  Jets fans haven't followed the game for 15 years and have no clue of what the heck they're talking about). And you know that if you read the first post. We're all hockey (and Bruins) fans here. If you don't like it, go to another thread. I gave you the warning, yet you still posted. Your own damn fault.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

It is different and you know it.  A guy posts a thread about Getzlaf, fine.  A guy posts 100 threads about the Ducks...here...not fine.

I don't want to spend the winter sifting through threads, trying to determine if they are about the Bruins or not. (See:  Habs tickets $1,500.  I wonder who started that thread and which team was the centerpiece.)

Go talk Jets with Jets fans.  They stink.  They are a terrible team in a different divison.

Sections
Shortcuts