I know this is a hockey forum but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I know this is a hockey forum but...

As a parent, I can't help but to feel for those parents in Newtown, Conn. who lost their children in yet another senseless mass killing.

Makes things like a lockout seem so trivial.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: I know this is a hockey forum but...

I didn't even know about that until I saw this post.

It never ceases to amaze me that someone would do something so senseless and stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Horrific

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Movie theaters, shopping malls and schools.

Is anywhere in the USA truly safe outside of the home?

It is so f'ed up here right now.  And for those who throw the word around trivially, this actually is scary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

absolutely gut wrenching.  mind boggling that this sort of thing is  taking place with increased regularity.

what's happening to our society? 

i'm literally sick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Truly horrific

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I have 4 kids, my oldest is 7...Looking at some of the photos on the web, you can literally see the pain in the parents face...This is becoming an increasingly poplular route taken by whack jobs...You never know when or where they are going to go off the deep end and strike..Like to see a police officer assigned to every school...And it's a shame that I have to say that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

As bad as this is and it's truly horrible. I've been to a number of terror seminars for work, the worry is we will see an act like the one that occurred in Beslan, North Ossetia here in the States. It happened over a few days and over 380 students died, another 700 were injured.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

I have no kids and can't image the pain and horror those poor people are going through.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

An incredibly sad day for the people of Newtown, the state of Connecticut and in our country today.  Deepest thoughts, prayers and sympathies to the victims and their families at this very difficult time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims tonight.  Horrible tragedy.

I just want to add, if one of these loons ever decides to show up in my neigborhood, they'll be very aware of my disension.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims tonight.  Horrible tragedy.

I just want to add, if one of these loons ever decides to show up in my neigborhood, they'll be very aware of my disension.

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't people be thinking of what's at the root of these terrible happenings and what would prevent them from happening again rather then thinking about a gunfight at the ok corral if they did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Yes, but people would rather call Christmas, Holiday.  And ask what their country can do for them instead of what they can do for their country.  And ignore the fact that George Washington prayed for our country and it's spiritual integrity.

So, yes.  If one of these loons shows up in my AO, I will respond with extreme prejudice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I thought coming on here I wouldn't have to tear but here I go again....  Just sick to my stomach.  If banning or some sort of gun control will secure the life of any child JUST DO IT ! It's too bad Obama doesn't have the power. 

doesn't the lockout seem trivial now ! They can all go F themselves owners and players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This, well, I don't have the words. I've been personally involved (as a witness/reporter) in two mass killings in my life (9/11 and the Mayerthorpe masacre) and that life experience still has not educated me to the point where I know what to say in these moments. Horrific seems to be too mild a word.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, but people would rather call Christmas, Holiday.  And ask what their country can do for them instead of what they can do for their country.  And ignore the fact that George Washington prayed for our country and it's spiritual integrity.

So, yes.  If one of these loons shows up in my AO, I will respond with extreme prejudice.

[/QUOTE]

The speech was all well in good. Very patriotic. 

But being ready to respond with extreme prejudice is not always an option in an ambush as most of these hideous acts are.

Patriotism doesn't work either when faced with a gun pointed at you with the trigger being pulled.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

It does if you've had the training, my friend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Start a new thread to fight on.  This isn't the place.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

We do indeed have an ill society, not just in the USA but here in Canada as well.  My work gives me a glimpse of the disturbed criminal mind, and the elements that produce it. I'm sorry to say we are on track for more of these types of incidents.  Our kids are way too desensitized to violence and amoral behavior.  We are producing these monsters at an alarming rate.  Something needs to change.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Amen, scooter.

Television programing and video games are two of the biggest problems.  There needs to be stricter guidelines on evening programming.  And my opinion on the video games is pretty simple:  Recognition protocol that verifies there's an adult sitting in front of that computer screen.  Maybe a mouse sensor with finger print recognition tech or something.

Parent's have to be with their kids for a PG-13 movie.  And kids, normally, can't even get into R rated ones because they're monitored publicly;  There's built in accountability.

Accountability needs to be built into the gaming industry.  The tech is certainly there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]

Amen, scooter.

Television programing and video games are two of the biggest problems.  There needs to be stricter guidelines on evening programming.  And my opinion on the video games is pretty simple:  Recognition protocol that verifies there's an adult sitting in front of that computer screen.  Maybe a mouse sensor with finger print recognition tech or something.

Parent's have to be with their kids for a PG-13 movie.  And kids, normally, can't even get into R rated ones because they're monitored publicly;  There's built in accountability.

Accountability needs to be built into the gaming industry.  The tech is certainly there.

[/QUOTE]

Accountability begins and ends at home.  Kids need quality supervision. Too many double income or single parent families out there. 

[edit] It's not always the parents fault they need to have two incomes or are single parents, but often it is preventable with lifestyle adjustments. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem with movies is that PG13 movies are plenty violent.....just as violent as R movies.  It seems that nudity and foul language is how they rate movies these days.

Parents need to monitor what their children watch on tv and play on their x-box.  A 9 year old should not be playing Call of Duty. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who knows for sure why these cowards do what they do. Bottom line is they have something wrong mentally and arent fit for any society, whatever it consists of. Can't help but think all the coverage this stuff gets just gives these whack jobs a motivation to go out the way they do.

Watching that father of the 6 year old little girl named Emile who was a victim, holding a press confrerence made me sick to my stomach and brought tears to my eyes. What must be going through that poor mans mind right now?? I wish there was something I could do for all of them

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Amen, scooter.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  PG-13 didn't used to exist and many PG movies were full of violence, vulgarities and some nudity as well.  Movies about war and death have been around for a very long time.  Hollywood and the gaming industry is not to blame for this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Start a new thread to disagree on . This isn't the place.

What's ridiculous is no one feels that one of the problems is the word starting with the letter g...