I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?

This team in 3 years is going to be ridiculous.  Hall, Nugent Hopkins and Eberle three years from now.  Watch out for that team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?

not a sure thing, lots can happen, Nugent-Hopkins is 155lbs soaking wet...needs some lbs to be a regular.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

They'll be fun to watch but can Khabibulin carry them?  I don't think so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Khabibulin, how old is this guy? he's been around since the original jets days.

Vodka and sportscar arent a good mix for that guy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?:
    [QUOTE]They'll be fun to watch but can Khabibulin carry them?  I don't think so.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

he has to avoid getting nailed on a dui, that's step one.  jail time can be a distraction from things like training camp, practice and games.  worst case is the jail time can outright prevent you from participating in those things.

and then there's getting hurt.

so I agree with you, he won't be able to carry them.

But the OP has validity in that the Oil just might become really good in a few years.  Or they just keep losing until they have a full team of #1 picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

They have a really PR problem attracting FA's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

yeah, it was obvious last season when Eberle led his junior league in points.

Not bad for @ 21st overall

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think a big part of their rebuilding will be based around cashing in some chips when the time is right, and getting rid of a young stud or two to bring in the Veteran who can put them over the top.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Besides no goalie,,,,weak Defence as well....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

What's with all your funny posts. First, Tuuka; now this.

Yeah, the Oilers will be good in a few years. Good enough to make it to the 2015 & 2016 Stanley Cup Finals, where they will lose to the Bruins. They owe us 2 Cups ('88 and '90) and we'll get both back from them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

edmonton in 3 years will still be outside of top 8 come playoff time vastly overate these draft picks you need depth to win in the nhl ala boston

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

They have no goaltending, and I could crack their top 4 d pairing.

They NEED to select Adam Larsson. Their organizational depth on defense is not very good, and year after year, they select forwards. It's time to change it up and go with their organizational need.

If they select RNH, good luck signing a top end d-man in FA. NO stud free agent will want to be in Edmonton anytime soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?:
    [QUOTE]edmonton in 3 years will still be outside of top 8 come playoff time vastly overate these draft picks you need depth to win in the nhl ala boston
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

I thought you needed a speedy 1 dimensional floating winger with a snap shot and 1 deke.

(You really dont think you could ever get away from these comments did you?)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be? : I thought you needed a speedy 1 dimensional floating winger with a snap shot and 1 deke. (You really dont think you could ever get away from these comments did you?)
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

^^^This
    BA ZINNNG!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Edmonton will be a stanley cup contender in in two years. Max. Their young forwards are head-above-heels better than anyone else else's in the NHL. Adding RNH is just scary.

They don't need to get a norris trophy winner or a vezina champ to make this team deadly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

With the Oilers, it should be all about defense now.  They've got firepower up front, but who's going to stop the puck?  Their bottom 3 finish in GF will improve as their young guns mature, but I don't see much prospect of that ugly 3.17 team GAA getting better without some major help.

Is Dubnyk their "Stanley Cup goalie"?  Somehow, I doubt it.  And at $3.75m per, Khabiboulin is untradeable.

Whitney and Smid are decent d-men, but they need way more than that to contend.  And while RN-H is the consensus top pick, I think the Oilers are insane if they don't take Larsson.  If they want, I think the Oilers will still be able to pick up a decent forward at 19, but if I were ST, I'd grab another D-man there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

49-North, it's gonna be RNH, and they aren't insane to take the best player available, just like they weren't last year when they took Hall as the BPA instead of Seguin, who represented their organizational need @ center.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No goaltendnig, no quality veterans, laughable defense.

Yes, I see how good they'll be...at lottery picks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

I mean, if you honestly don't think a team with back to back stud #1 overall picks, as well as a team that has hit the jackpot back to back years on 1st round pickswith Eberle (22nd in 2008) and Paajarvi (#10 in 2009) isn't going to be one of the best in the league, You're smoking something.

Show me a team that has hit home-runs 4 consecutive draft seasons with their #1 picks that hasn't been a stanley cup contender. Actually, I have a better task: show me a team that has hit the jackpot 4 years in a row, period.

Whitney will get them started on Defense. Goaltender is a problem, but make no mistake, this team is built around offense and the rest of the league is going to be a shooting gallery. (I should note: Props to Paajarvi for changing his game to be a responsible two-way forward this team needs. He's making Bergeron-like sacrifices for the sake of the team)

Quality vets aren't going to be a problem for this team (Ryan Smyth maybe?). If you build it, they will come.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be? : I thought you needed a speedy 1 dimensional floating winger with a snap shot and 1 deke. (You really dont think you could ever get away from these comments did you?)
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Relentless!!! I love it!

Bruins8 is a punk. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]I mean, if you honestly don't think a team with back to back stud #1 overall picks, as well as a team that has hit the jackpot back to back years on 1st round pickswith Eberle (22nd in 2008) and Paajarvi (#10 in 2009) isn't going to be one of the best in the league, You're smoking something. Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

Patrick Stefan - 1st overall
    Dany Heatley - 2nd overall
    Ilya Kovalchuk - 1st overall
    Kari Lehtonen - 2nd overall

Thrashers - gone to Winnipeg.

No proof as of today that the Oilers have stud anything.  I like Eberle, but I don't see him as a 40 goal man.  I like Hall, but the injuries have started.  I would have my doubts about the beanpole they're getting this year.  No goaltender yet.  I don't know...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

I agree that Edmonton will be good.

So what? Vancouver was supposed to roll over us too.

Never underestimate heart and hunger.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I mean, if you honestly don't think a team with back to back stud #1 overall picks, as well as a team that has hit the jackpot back to back years on 1st round pickswith Eberle (22nd in 2008) and Paajarvi (#10 in 2009) isn't going to be one of the best in the league, You're smoking something. Show me a team that has hit home-runs 4 consecutive draft seasons with their #1 picks that hasn't  been a stanley cup contender. Actually, I have a better task: show me a team that has hit the jackpot 4 years in a row, period. Whitney will get them started on Defense. Goaltender is a problem, but make no mistake, this team is built around offense and the rest of the league is going to be a shooting gallery. (I should note: Props to Paajarvi for changing his game to be a responsible two-way forward this team needs. He's making Bergeron-like sacrifices for the sake of the team) Quality vets aren't going to be a problem for this team (Ryan Smyth maybe?). If you build it, they will come.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

I can show you a team that hit 3 years in a row that finished last overall in the league. 

Seriously, with the guys they already have, how did they manage to finish last?

Yah, they have reason to be optimistic, but I was optimistic about the Bruins when they had the #1 overall who was head and shoulders above everyone else, and then the rookie of the year in samsonov, sheesh!  what happened?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be? : I can show you a team that hit 3 years in a row that finished last overall in the league.  Seriously, with the guys they already have, how did they manage to finish last? Yah, they have reason to be optimistic, but I was optimistic about the Bruins when they had the #1 overall who was head and shoulders above everyone else, and then the rookie of the year in samsonov, sheesh!  what happened?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Hab, they were all rookies last season. they were drafted and went back to juniors.