I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?

In Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be? :   Patrick Stefan - 1st overall Dany Heatley - 2nd overall Ilya Kovalchuk - 1st overall Kari Lehtonen - 2nd overall Thrashers - gone to Winnipeg. No proof as of today that the Oilers have stud anything.  I like Eberle, but I don't see him as a 40 goal man.  I like Hall, but the injuries have started.  I would have my doubts about the beanpole they're getting this year.  No goaltender yet.  I don't know...
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Patrick stephan was not a hit, neither was Kari Lehtonen.

If you don't think Eberle is a stud, you haven't been watching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be? : Patrick stephan was not a hit, neither was Kari Lehtonen. If you don't think Eberle is a stud, you haven't been watching.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

I agree, OC, but Edmonton hasn't picked four studs either.  They have picked (or are picking) potential. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Khabibulin, unless in a contract year is uttlerly useless. Good foundation on that team and if they are good, how long will it last. All those young players contracts will be coming up around the same time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Day after the draft and Edmonton still have one drunk goalie and no defencemen

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Oiler fans in 2011-12, and for several years thereafter, will likely be watching a lot of 6-5 games, some wins, but likely mainly losses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IInteresting, you can't even play in the Ahl at that weight   n Response to Re: I know we live in Boston but do see how good Edmonton will be?:
    [QUOTE]not a sure thing, lots can happen, Nugent-Hopkins is 155lbs soaking wet...needs some lbs to be a regular.
    Posted by HABH8R[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Oiler fans in 2011-12, and for several years thereafter, will likely be watching a lot of 6-5 games, some wins, but likely mainly losses.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    49, I think you're onto something there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

They remind me the Quebec Nordiques of the late 80's early 90's when they piled up 1st round picks, built a remarquable team, and won the Cup in Denver !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

For the next few years, I think the Oilers will be the 'anti-Predators' (who can play defense with the best of them, but can't score), in that they will be able to score with the best of them, but whose goalies will have nervous breakdowns due to the vast amounts of flying rubber that they will be subjected to. 

Could be exciting, watching games where every goal is scored on a 2 on 1 break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINS420. Show BRUINS420's posts

Lets not forget when you add free agents!! Hall and the rest of these forwards become RFA and are all going to demand top money!! Let Tampa cant even hold on to one top player? 3 top young players all will demand 6-8 MILLION!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I'm actually expecting more from Colorado

Landeskog and Duchene is pretty scary

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]I'm actually expecting more from Colorado Landeskog and Duchene is pretty scary
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

yeah, there are so many awesome lines in the NHL these days. Overall, i think the game is in the best shape of its life. Unfortunately, a lot of these up and coming/young exciting teams play in the western conference (Chicago, Oilers, Columbus, Colorado) I think this is the last year I'll go without NHL Center Ice.

Sections
Shortcuts