I miss Bergie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I miss Bergie

never have i wanted a player to come back faster.   probably the most reliable player i have seen in a bruins jersey.  i hope the old melon is feeling better.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: I miss Bergie

In response to shuperman's comment:

never have i wanted a player to come back faster.   probably the most reliable player i have seen in a bruins jersey.  i hope the old melon is feeling better.  

A truer statement has not been said on this forum.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

And i too hope the ol' melon is feeling better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

The only player who might replace Cam Neely as my all-time favorite Bruin. Hoping for a speedy and complete recovery for #37.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In another thread I mentioned hearing Bob Mackenzie today discussing the impact of injuries to key players heading into the playoffs.  He said "the Bruins without Patrice Bergeron are not a Cup contender."  I agree that's how much he means to the team.  A wish for a return to full, everyday health for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Every Bruin fan misses Bergie! If Chara wasn't Captain, Bergie would be.

Feel bad for him and his family. Hope he gets well, comes back and continues his second Selke like year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In another thread I mentioned hearing Bob Mackenzie today discussing the impact of injuries to key players heading into the playoffs.  He said "the Bruins without Patrice Bergeron are not a Cup contender."  I agree that's how much he means to the team.  A wish for a return to full, everyday health for him.

Without question we cant go deep into the playoffs without him.  He simply does everything above avg.  and is a classy player on top of all that.  I wish him a speedy recovery. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I disagree.  They may not be able to go far with the current strategy, but there is a lot of talent on this team up front and on the back end.

I don't think the team lives or dies by the second line center.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

This team lost 4 straight in the Playoffs once DK went down a few years back and Bergeron is a better all-around player than DK. I wouldn't call Bergeron a 2nd line center but rather a "1a or 1b" center. 

I still think they are tough to beat regardless and may win a round or two.  However, I don't think they beat the elite teams without Bergeron.  The only thing worse than losing Bergeron is losing Chara. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I disagree.  They may not be able to go far with the current strategy, but there is a lot of talent on this team up front and on the back end.

I don't think the team lives or dies by the second line center.

Oh great.  Dk is hurt as well?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, hardy har har har.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i don't think calling bergy a second line center is fair. First off, he centers what I would say is a top 5-10 line in the NHL. in fact, I'll say top 5. Centers I would take over bergeron is a short list. Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Tavares, Datsyuk, and maybe eric staal if it's the staal from this year and not the last two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

Hoping he is fine. If he is I think they would sit him until the last game or two just to get back into game speed. B's are in the playoffs. Bergeron is more important than the Conference, DIvision or playoff seating. With him I think only the Pens can hang with them. Hopefully Pitt will bow out like last year allowing like 10 goals a game, lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

IMHO Bergeron one of the greatest Bruins ever. Right up there with Orr, Schmit and Bourque. A complete player, leads by example, doesn't seek attention, doesn't make a fuss. I really hope he can comeback and comeback soon. But as someone who's had a type 3 concussion I understand how it can be life changer for him.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i don't think calling bergy a second line center is fair. First off, he centers what I would say is a top 5-10 line in the NHL. in fact, I'll say top 5. Centers I would take over bergeron is a short list. Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Tavares, Datsyuk, and maybe eric staal if it's the staal from this year and not the last two.

I'm a big Bergeron fan but I don't think he's Superman.  Come on.  He's a defensive forward who hasn't topped 22 goals since his the year after Lockout #1.  Here are some other centers that many would put ahead of Bergeron:

Toews

Getzlaf

Sedin

Parise

Kopitar

Nash

Malkin

Giroux

Lecavalier

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm a big Bergeron fan but I don't think he's Superman.  Come on.  He's a defensive forward who hasn't topped 22 goals since his the year after Lockout #1.  Here are some other centers that many would put ahead of Bergeron:

Toews

Getzlaf

Sedin

Parise

Kopitar

Nash

Malkin

Giroux

Lecavalier

You might want to omit Nash as a center unless, of course you are referring to Riley from Carolina.

Parise also.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, that's an error.  I'm not exactly sure how his name got on that list.  Not enough coffee in my system yet, I guess.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yeah, that's an error.  I'm not exactly sure how his name got on that list.  Not enough coffee in my system yet, I guess.

Parise too Nas. Add one more scoop for tomorrow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Toews

Getzlaf

Malkin

Giroux

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Mike Richards

Bobby Orr and "Papi" in the same sentence makes me cringe every time I read it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Parise too Nas. Add one more scoop for tomorrow.

Yeesh.  Well, despite my inexplicable errors, there are still plenty of centers I'd take over Bergeron. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Bergeron  =  RGO !  Both gentlemen to the core. And. They both excelled at the sport of ice hockey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Toews

Getzlaf

Sedin

Parise

Kopitar

Nash

Malkin

Giroux

Lecavalier

Crosby, datsyuk, taveres, Staal, etc etc.  im not saying hes the best center in the league, im saying this team wont win without him.  Unless they had an outstanding replacement.  And dont you dare go stat monster with the 22 goal thing.   His role on this team goes far beyond goals.  Maybe if we had a true superstar style center like the aforementioned players id feel better. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well just heard he was seen at the game last night.  Good news ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

At least Kelly is back........

No, seriously, he's a lot better than Pandolfo, Caron, or the schlub from Ottawa.

Don't think they win a cup without him but I don't think they could win a cup with how they've been playing with Bergeron.

Team needs to play better and needs Tuukka to be the goalie that we saw in the first two periods last night (2H of the 3rd, the team coasted) to win a cup this year.

Sections
Shortcuts