I miss Bergie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Re: I miss Bergie

In response to red75's comment:

I thought Smith played shortstop, not centre.

The analogy was wasted... :-(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The Cup may be the deciding factor to some, but Thorntons teams have made the playoffs 12 times compared Lecavaliers team making 5 appearances. Thats a pretty significant amount. 782 Assists compared to 486, with Thornton having the one more year. Thornton has 87 points in 114 playoff games. Vinny has 52 in 63. I think both are terrific players, I just think Thornton is the better of the two.

Thorntons numbers are just too much to ignore. I have trouble holding the no cup thing against him, just like I wouldnt hold it against Marino.

Come on, Kel.  The team's success doesn't define the player.  Look at Tavares and the Islanders.

Ask any player what their most memorable sports moments are and they typically mention Cup wins. The comment was that Vinny would swap resumes all day with Joe T and I don't believe that for even a minute. He's won basically everything Joe has and more. Why would he ever want to swap?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The Cup may be the deciding factor to some, but Thorntons teams have made the playoffs 12 times compared Lecavaliers team making 5 appearances. Thats a pretty significant amount. 782 Assists compared to 486, with Thornton having the one more year. Thornton has 87 points in 114 playoff games. Vinny has 52 in 63. I think both are terrific players, I just think Thornton is the better of the two.

Thorntons numbers are just too much to ignore. I have trouble holding the no cup thing against him, just like I wouldnt hold it against Marino.

Come on, Kel.  The team's success doesn't define the player.  Look at Tavares and the Islanders.

Ask any player what their most memorable sports moments are and they typically mention Cup wins. The comment was that Vinny would swap resumes all day with Joe T and I don't believe that for even a minute. He's won basically everything Joe has and more. Why would he ever want to swap?

My argument to that is Joe still has a chance to win a Cup. Vinny most likely wont get the chance to win an Olympic Gold Medal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My argument to that is Joe still has a chance to win a Cup. Vinny most likely wont get the chance to win an Olympic Gold Medal.

Vinny has had plenty of international success including a gold medal and MVP of the World Cup of Hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Vinny has had plenty of international success including a gold medal and MVP of the World Cup of Hockey.

Okay, I'll trade resumes with either of them. Question, whats your sense of Canadian hockey players preference, Cup or Olympic gold medal? If they had to choose one. This isnt a question regarding our debate, I've wondered this. I want to say Cup, but I wouldnt be suprised if it was the other way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Okay, I'll trade resumes with either of them. Question, whats your sense of Canadian hockey players preference, Cup or Olympic gold medal? If they had to choose one. This isnt a question regarding our debate, I've wondered this. I want to say Cup, but I wouldnt be suprised if it was the other way.

I think most Canadian players would pick the Cup over any other championship. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

This team lost 4 straight in the Playoffs once DK went down a few years back and Bergeron is a better all-around player than DK. I wouldn't call Bergeron a 2nd line center but rather a "1a or 1b" center. 

I still think they are tough to beat regardless and may win a round or two.  However, I don't think they beat the elite teams without Bergeron.  The only thing worse than losing Bergeron is losing Chara.

If the Bruins face the Leafs in the 1st round without Bergeron it will be one n done.

"Marino had a great arm, but there's no way he'd ever have won a Stanley Cup."

If Dan had a powerplay then I might be persuaded he could have won a cup.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Heard Chiarelli this morning saying that Bergeron has been working out .  This must be good news and a good sign.

I bet he's back skating with team next week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Mike Richards 

Bobby Orr and "Papi" in the same sentence makes me cringe every time I read it

You're right. I created it thinking I'd likely spend some time on the Sox forum but I'm almost never there. And, Orr should not be mentioned in the same breath as anyone else. Will change it soon. Thanks for the feedback

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

You're right. I created it thinking I'd likely spend some time on the Sox forum but I'm almost never there. And, Orr should not be mentioned in the same breath as anyone else. Will change it soon. Thanks for the feedback

I'd rather spend time in a women's studies discussion group.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

Mike Richards 

Bobby Orr and "Papi" in the same sentence makes me cringe every time I read it

I think Gretzky belongs in the same breathe as Orr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

KPD reports that Bergeron was skating on his own today.  That should be encouraging.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to NAS's comment:

[Quote]

[/Quote]

I'd watch that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Chiarelli also gave an update on Patrice Bergeron, who suffered a concussion last week. While it’d be hard to put a real timetable on Bergeron’s recovery, the news did appear positive.

“I’ve met with Patrice. He’s been working out. He’s on his road to recovery, so it looks good,” Chiarelli said."

Looks good to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Chiarelli also gave an update on Patrice Bergeron, who suffered a concussion last week. While it’d be hard to put a real timetable on Bergeron’s recovery, the news did appear positive.

“I’ve met with Patrice. He’s been working out. He’s on his road to recovery, so it looks good,” Chiarelli said."

Looks good to me.

Hopefully he's back soon, and with the addition of Soderberg, perhaps gets some stabiltiy line wise just in time for the playoffs.

I'll say it right now, Lucic is going to have a monster playoff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to NAS's comment:

[Quote]

[/Quote]

I'd watch that.

I'd bookmark it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Looks good to me.

Hopefully he's back soon, and with the addition of Soderberg, perhaps gets some stabiltiy line wise just in time for the playoffs.

I'll say it right now, Lucic is going to have a monster playoff.

What I would like to see is the 3rd line to produce some goals not just come off the ice with the other team not scoring as a victory. Soderberg likes to carry the puck out of his own zone as a center. If he wakes Peverley with this type of play it will be a huge plus Kelv.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Secondary scoring is huge. Totally agree with the thrid line, just holding the opponent scoreles is not good enough to go deep into the playoffs. Need the odd goal, even from the fourth line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Secondary scoring is huge. Totally agree with the thrid line, just holding the opponent scoreles is not good enough to go deep into the playoffs. Need the odd goal, even from the fourth line.

If the Bruins are healthy, their third line will score.  Either Seguin, Horton or Jagr will be on the third line.  That sounds a lot better than Pouliot or Ryder.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

If the Bruins are healthy, their third line will score.  Either Seguin, Horton or Jagr will be on the third line.  That sounds a lot better than Pouliot or Ryder.

Sounds alot better than Pandolfo or Daugavins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

Sounds alot better than Pandolfo or Daugavins.

Sounds a lot better than Caron or Bourque. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Exactly, useless forum. That's why I am never there either

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I think he is from Canada!