I really like the Corvo acquisition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Re: I really like the Corvo acquisition

Thanks for pointing out the one actual goal Kaberle was a direct assist on, fellas.  TOTALLY forgot about it.  Guess my memory is just plague by all the horrible plays he was in on instead of that one helper.  Good to know it exists.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Not to mention, Kaberle brings all his considerable defensive lapses and inability to shoot for the bargain basement price of $ 4,200,000.00 a year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: I really like the Corvo acquisition:
    [QUOTE]I'll take Kaberle over Corvo all day. Corvo isn't bad, but not compared to Kaberle. Corvo does a few things better, but Kaberle does so much that doesnt show up on a score sheet. Few d-men in the world are better at going back to get the puck as quick and smooth as he does and get the puck up the ice. One of the best outlet passers I've ever seen. Yes the PP struggled last year,long before he came, and Chara was running it the whole year. Corvo is good, I just think Kaberle is that much better, would have loved to seen him with here with a whole year inder him.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

You are right Kaberle did do alot that didnt show on the scoresheet, its called scoring goals! It happens when you shoot...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: I really like the Corvo acquisition:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for pointing out the one actual goal Kaberle was a direct assist on, fellas.  TOTALLY forgot about it.  Guess my memory is just plague by all the horrible plays he was in on instead of that one helper.  Good to know it exists.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Big, when I look back on this win in 20 years, I'll remember Kaberle as champion. I also won't lose any sleep over any of the players given up to acquire him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Ah look, Kaberle was a crap shoot and he was a net positive addition in the run for the cup.

What we gave up doesn't matter because we won the cup and still have depth.

Kaberle is gone, Corvo is here.

Let's look ahead my friends, not backwards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What I like about Corvo is the smart on the PP and in particular the quick shot.

I'm hoping that could rub off on Chara.

For Kaberle all you have to do is watch the first 45 seconds here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ICrZHEytv0

That was a big assist Kaberle had, that kind of thing makes a big difference in a game that ends 2 zip.

Some players - and people - make me nuts.

Sections
Shortcuts