I say Crosby is the measuring stick..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say Crosby is the measuring stick..

We have all these players making plans to play elsewhere, and thats not a good sign. Personally, I think we are in for a long winter with no NHL hockey. Just going by what I read and hear, but for me, if Sydney Crosby decides to play elsewhere then it pretty much becomes a fact in my opinion.

I'm sure he's had talks with Mario and Ray Shero and with his concussion history they would perfer he does not play elswhere. I'm guessing Crosby is in the know as much as anyone when it comes to how/where the negotiaitons are heading, so if he signs elsewhere to me that is a clear signal that he knows there will not be hockey anytime soon if at all this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Re: I say Crosby is the measuring stick..

In response to kelvana33's comment:

We have all these players making plans to play elsewhere, and thats not a good sign. Personally, I think we are in for a long winter with no NHL hockey. Just going by what I read and hear, but for me, if Sydney Crosby decides to play elsewhere then it pretty much becomes a fact in my opinion.

I'm sure he's had talks with Mario and Ray Shero and with his concussion history they would perfer he does not play elswhere. I'm guessing Crosby is in the know as much as anyone when it comes to how/where the negotiaitons are heading, so if he signs elsewhere to me that is a clear signal that he knows there will not be hockey anytime soon if at all this year.

I was sure I had heard in an interview that it's very unlikely do to insurance issues?? possibly with the pens. Don't mark my word, but i think the TSN panel was discussing it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I would be inclined to agree that if he did go it would be a bad sign. Anyone know for sure if he would be allowed to play overseas?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would have no idea if he is even allowed, didnt think of that to be honest, but if he is locked out by his employer do they really have a say? Either way, the day I hear he is playing hockey anywhere other than Pittsburgh, I know there will be no hockey at all....Of course, this could all be moot if he has no intentions of playing anywhere else due to the concusions which could be the case as well. Pure speculation on my part.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Kelv, even if the employer locks him out is he still not bound to his contract? Couldn't they void it if he breaks it? Sounds hypocritical because that's what the owners are basically doing but oh well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Pens aren't his only employer - he has numerous sponsorship deals as well. There could be insurance issues around any one of those as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Kel's right.  Crosby is the crown jewel of the league and if he heads overseas I'd have to agree that's a strong indicator of him figuring the 2012/13 season of the NHL won't be in operation in the forseeable future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

$400K/month to insure him.  I doubt he goes anywhere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if Siderella heads overseas his agent should be fired on the spot....

ridiculous for the face of the nhl to risk another concussion compliments of a player playing for his next contract....

if Mario Lemieux is sending his prodigy any signals it's probably to tell Crosby that things aren't as bad as it looks....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

if Siderella heads overseas his agent should be fired on the spot....

ridiculous for the face of the nhl to risk another concussion compliments of a player playing for his next contract....

if Mario Lemieux is sending his prodigy any signals it's probably to tell Crosby that things aren't as bad as it looks....

I respectfully disagree on this one. Crosby's agent can give him advice but he can't force him to take it. Crosby is a man and the final decision rests with him when all is said and done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yes, Crosby is an adult. His agent isn't his highschool soccer mom - he can do what he wants.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i was just being facetious....  i know the decision is up to Siderella....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As NAS has pointed out it costs 400k a month to insure him. I dont see Sid going anywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, ha ha ha.

Sidney Crosby.

Sinderella.

Making it out like Crosby is a woman.

That's clever.

You should make t-shirts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

$400K/month to insure him.  I doubt he goes anywhere.

Thats alot, I did not know it was that much. I wonder if they still pay that during a work stoppage, i would guess no, but just a guess. The more I think of it, it would be foolish for Crosby to play anywhere because of his risk. No matter what he is offered anywhere else it wont add up to the contract he has in Pittsburgh.

Sections
Shortcuts