I see NAS ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I see NAS ....

Sporting a white Bruins jersey 6 rows from the ice , dead center ice. Not hard to find in that arena.  Good seats my man !

http://deadspin.com/the-florida-panthers-really-packed-em-in-for-their-pre-1327111553?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: I see NAS ....

Actually, those are 17,500 fans disguised as empty red seats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

and it was free? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow, that sbad. Didnt NAS say the pre-season tickets were free too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Put that game in Quebec or Hamilton or Seattle or Milwaukee with the same free deal and I will bet they nearly fill the place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bottom line is hockey just doesnt belong there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

But they have a nice new scoreboard that will be revealed on opening night. Yay!

This really ticks me off. Just go ahead and move them already!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Oh, and I wonder whow Thomas felt yesterday. Must be real pleased he gave up a cushy Original 6 gig and annual Cup contender to have a "tryout" with this poor excuse of a club.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If that preseason is in halifax, moncton or stj they are sell outs.  I agree with kelv.  Hockey in florida exists only when retired canadian citizens retire in florida for the winter.  There was more people watching my rec hockey last night.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Oh, and I wonder whow Thomas felt yesterday. Must be real pleased he gave up a cushy Original 6 gig and annual Cup contender to have a "tryout" with this poor excuse of a club.

He won a cup while being mvp, has a vezina, silver medal, has millions and is a boston legend.  I highly doubt he thought about boston once yesterday.   I hope he starts and plays awesome.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A preseason game on a Monday at 2:30pm.  How dumb.

Why is it that people want the team to move?  This isn't a "defend the team" question.  It's an honest inquiry.  People have been saying it about team like Florida and Phoenix forever.  Why?  How many people go to a game in any city doesn't have any effect on anyone's life.

If no one goes to a game, how does that change your enjoyment of hockey or the NHL?

As for this game, I didn't go. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Panthers have a pretty sweet (and long term) arena deal. Moving that team would be a logistical and legal nightmare. There's about 18 years left to that lease, and the Panthers get a lot of the non-hockey related revenue as well. Fan support may be low and the team itself may be enduring annual losses, but that in and of itself is not enough to move the team. There's too much else in play (like who is going to pay to break 18 years of the lease.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He gets to play in the NHL and after the home games, he can go to the Chik-Fil-A at the Sawgrass Outlets and eat in peace.

Seems to be exactly what he wants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

A preseason game on a Monday at 2:30pm.  How dumb.

Why is it that people want the team to move?  This isn't a "defend the team" question.  It's an honest inquiry.  People have been saying it about team like Florida and Phoenix forever.  Why?  How many people go to a game in any city doesn't have any effect on anyone's life.

If no one goes to a game, how does that change your enjoyment of hockey or the NHL?

As for this game, I didn't go. 

Saw something about the time makes it easy for the scouts? Seems like a loose excuse.

I want the team to move because they'll never generate enough revenue to put a realistic team on the ice given their budget. Anyone worth their salt ends up moving, or gets lost in a sea of mediocrity around them. I want to see all that young talent that gets drafted early year after year play on a relevant team. It's a question or generating revenue, and the ability to put good product on the ice for all fans to enjoy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Saw something about the time makes it easy for the scouts? Seems like a loose excuse.

I want the team to move because they'll never generate enough revenue to put a realistic team on the ice given their budget. Anyone worth their salt ends up moving, or gets lost in a sea of mediocrity around them. I want to see all that young talent that gets drafted early year after year play on a relevant team. It's a question or generating revenue, and the ability to put good product on the ice for all fans to enjoy.

Where are the calls for the Islanders to move?  What about the Ducks?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

He won a cup while being mvp, has a vezina, silver medal, has millions and is a boston legend.  I highly doubt he thought about boston once yesterday.   I hope he starts and plays awesome. [/QUOTE]

Walking away from a contract because you found out you were being shopped for a trade nullify's any legendary status in Boston.

Having said that I would still love to see Thomas put another great chapter into his career. The last chapter stunk up the joint!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

According to THIS, Florida has more USA Hockey memberships than 37 of the 50 states.

That is directly related to the teams being here.  How can that be a bad thing?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Interesting read NAS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Should we thank them for Brian Ferlin?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, not a lot of people go to the games right now.  There's a lot more to it than just that.  Do you think the Florida Scholastic Hockey League would exist if the teams weren't here?

"The Florida Scholastic Hockey League was founded in 1998 by Peter Pearlman, MD, and Co-founders Joseph Yates, MD, and Patrick Graham, MD. The league was incorporated as a not-for-profit 501C(3) corporation in October 1998. The FSHL began operations with four teams and has since had more than 40 teams..."

If you love hockey and the sport means more to you than how your favorite team did last night, you should be pulling for teams like the Panthers to succeed, not hoping they leave.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yeah, not a lot of people go to the games right now.  There's a lot more to it than just that.  Do you think the Florida Scholastic Hockey League would exist if the teams weren't here?

"The Florida Scholastic Hockey League was founded in 1998 by Peter Pearlman, MD, and Co-founders Joseph Yates, MD, and Patrick Graham, MD. The league was incorporated as a not-for-profit 501C(3) corporation in October 1998. The FSHL began operations with four teams and has since had more than 40 teams..."

If you love hockey and the sport means more to you than how your favorite team did last night, you should be pulling for teams like the Panthers to succeed, not hoping they leave.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]Oh, and I wonder whow Thomas felt yesterday. Must be real pleased he gave up a cushy Original 6 gig and annual Cup contender to have a "tryout" with this poor excuse of a club.

He won a cup while being mvp, has a vezina, silver medal, has millions and is a boston legend.  I highly doubt he thought about boston once yesterday.   I hope he starts and plays awesome. [/QUOTE]

Walking away from a contract because you found out you were being shopped for a trade nullify's any legendary status in Boston.

Having said that I would still love to see Thomas put another great chapter into his career. The last chapter stunk up the joint!

[/QUOTE]

Sorry. Lord Stanley trumps all.  To me he is a legend.  I could care less about the other stuff.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sorry. Lord Stanley trumps all.  To me he is a legend.  I could care less about the other stuff.   

It's too bad that he felt he had to go, but his performance in the jersey can never be tainted in my eyes.

Plus, when he left, he allowed Rask to prove himself as a top NHL goaltender and allowed him to earn his new contract.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

He won a cup while being mvp, has a vezina, silver medal, has millions and is a boston legend.  I highly doubt he thought about boston once yesterday.   I hope he starts and plays awesome.

[/QUOTE]

Not questioning you San, but is there a link for this? I've heard a few reasons why he walked but not this one.

Sections
Shortcuts