I see NAS ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: I see NAS ....

That's a new one for me also, Kel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Sorry. Lord Stanley trumps all.  To me he is a legend.  I could care less about the other stuff.   

It's too bad that he felt he had to go, but his performance in the jersey can never be tainted in my eyes.

Plus, when he left, he allowed Rask to prove himself as a top NHL goaltender and allowed him to earn his new contract.

You ask me to avoid said topic, to the pt you were gonna block me....then this.  You are a temptress.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Oh, and I wonder whow Thomas felt yesterday. Must be real pleased he gave up a cushy Original 6 gig and annual Cup contender to have a "tryout" with this poor excuse of a club.

He won a cup while being mvp, has a vezina, silver medal, has millions and is a boston legend.  I highly doubt he thought about boston once yesterday.   I hope he starts and plays awesome.

Walking away from a contract because you found out you were being shopped for a tradenullify's any legendary status in Boston.

Having said that I would still love to see Thomas put another great chapter into his career. The last chapter stunk up the joint!

Not questioning you San, but is there a link for this? I've heard a few reasons why he walked but not this one.

I've heard that one before - but nothing approaching verified.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You ask me to avoid said topic, to the pt you were gonna block me....then this.  You are a temptress.   

You'll like this Shupe.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/page/2013_nhlrank_goaltenders/goaltenders

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You'll like this Shupe.

Espn knows more about lawn bowling.  Crawford is number 7.  Guess the espn guys must think hes good as well.   You were taking a shot at crawford werent you.  

You'll like this Shupe.

One quick comment since you baited.  6 yrs experience?  As what?  Bench warmer.  128 NHL gms.  Last time i checked a season is 82 gms.  Wish my job worked that way.  :-).  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And no goalie has ever played 82 games in a season... those bunch of slackers.

You'll like this Shupe.

PS.  How the heck does Scheider crack the top ten.  I mean seriously?  Price is out of the top 10.  I have him in the top 3.  What the heck did Scheider ever do?   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You'll like this Shupe.

One quick comment since you baited.  6 yrs experience?  As what?  Bench warmer.  128 NHL gms.  Last time i checked a season is 82 gms.  Wish my job worked that way.  :-).  

Haha. Your easy Shupe!! Seriously though, I find anytime ESPN chimes in on anything hockey related to be funny. Bobrovsky better than Price? C'mon, lets see more than what he did last year before we go there.

In response to red75's comment:

And no goalie has ever played 82 games in a season... those bunch of slackers.

most starters play more then a CIS schedule.   And i said a season is 82 gms.  Never said a starter has to play 82 gms.  Rinne for example has played 58-64-73 and 43 in a lockout year. I would classify the 1st 3 as a season of work.  Also see Price 72-65.  Or the king 70-72-70-73-68-62-43.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He won a cup while being mvp, has a vezina, silver medal, has millions and is a boston legend.  I highly doubt he thought about boston once yesterday.   I hope he starts and plays awesome.

Walking away from a contract because you found out you were being shopped for a trade nullify's any legendary status in Boston.

Having said that I would still love to see Thomas put another great chapter into his career. The last chapter stunk up the joint! [/QUOTE]

Sorry. Lord Stanley trumps all.  To me he is a legend.  I could care less about the other stuff. [/QUOTE]

Maybe Tim can get a vacation cottage in Nova Scotia :D

@Red Verified ? So that means it has to be in print or on the internet to be true ?

Very funny

Walking away from a contract because you found out you were being shopped for a trade nullify's any legendary status in Boston.

Having said that I would still love to see Thomas put another great chapter into his career. The last chapter stunk up the joint!

Sorry. Lord Stanley trumps all.  To me he is a legend.  I could care less about the other stuff.

Maybe Tim can get a vacation cottage in Nova Scotia :D

@Red Verified ? So that means it has to be in print or on the internet to be true ?

Very funny

• Not on the water.  They sell like hot cakes.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was just goofing off, Shupe.

Good stuff.

ESPN is a laffer.  Schneider hasn't done jack.  Price is pretty damn awesome.

Verified means two verified sources - verified would mean Thomas and Marchand, or Neely and Thomas's agent, or and or and or.

It means not some Internet rumour or some I heard from so and so crap. Verified means verified, from a journalistic standpoint (and not the current crop of crap that people pretend to qualify, ethically, as journalism)

So if a journalist stated it in an article it would be true, I got it. Meaning...if I were to did up an article were a journalist made a statement about one of the reasons he felt Thomas took the year off and Thomas used his stated reason as an excuse...you could still cut up the reporter or the article.

If you state that something happened with a current or former player in Vancouver or Winnipeg, I'd believe you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Oh, and I wonder whow Thomas felt yesterday. Must be real pleased he gave up a cushy Original 6 gig and annual Cup contender to have a "tryout" with this poor excuse of a club.

Walking away from a contract because you found out you were being shopped for a tradenullify's any legendary status in Boston.

Not questioning you San, but is there a link for this? I've heard a few reasons why he walked but not this one.

Kel, there's no link but the writing was clearly on the wall that Thomas would be dealt. His NMC was set to expire as he went into the last year of his deal. Rask was taking over in Boston last season regardless of what Thomas decided to do.

•  

You'll like this Shupe.

Espn knows more about lawn bowling.  Crawford is number 7.  Guess the espn guys must think hes good as well.   You were taking a shot at crawford werent you.  

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=681362

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?id=105165

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I bet NAS would have been there if Thomas was playing.

Peter Chiarelli: "If anybody could come back at that age it would be Tim .  He's very focused and motivated. It's going to be hard"

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I don't get the adoration of Price. What has he done in the clutch? In general I'd agree that he's been a good NHL goaltender but certainly nowhere near great. I know, he hasn't had the best teams in front of him either.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

I don't get the adoration of Price. What has he done in the clutch? In general I'd agree that he's been a good NHL goaltender but certainly nowhere near great. I know, he hasn't had the best teams in front of him either.

Watch him play.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

Watch him play.

Yeah Im a big fan of Price.  

What has Lundqvist done in the clutch? How many rings does he have?

So if a journalist stated it in an article it would be true, I got it. Meaning...if I were to did up an article were a journalist made a statement about one of the reasons he felt Thomas took the year off and Thomas used his stated reason as an excuse...you could still cut up the reporter or the article.

If you state that something happened with a current or former player in Vancouver or Winnipeg, I'd believe you.

Where the heck did I say that? The second part of your first paragraph I'm agreeing with completely - the highlighted part is the exact opposite of what my point was. I was referring to direct verified quotes - two of them. A reporter can't fake a direct quote (well, a real reporter at least) without getting their butt canned.

Not saying that you did but my point was I could bring an article were a writer did basically say Thomas didn't really come clean with his real reason why he stepped away. That piece could be picked apart. If you say you need a comment from management, the players agent or someone close to the player to believe it thats fine.

There is the camp on BDC that think Thomas did no wrong and the other side that said "Thanks but dont let your butte hit the door on the way out".

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You'll like this Shupe.

Fantasy sports.  Hmmm.  Well they project rask to play 68 gms.  According to espn that counts as three yrs.  so he will only have 5 yrs left on his stinker deal.  :-)

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Fantasy sports.  Hmmm.  Well they project rask to play 68 gms.  According to espn that counts as three yrs.  so he will only have 5 yrs left on his stinker deal.  :-)

Find me any reputable hockey mag/site that doesn't have Rask rated top 4 in the world. Take all the time you need. I'll wait.

• Sections
    Shortcuts