I see NAS ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: I see NAS ....

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Espn knows more about lawn bowling.  Crawford is number 7.  Guess the espn guys must think hes good as well.   You were taking a shot at crawford werent you.  

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=681362

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?id=105165

Fantasy sports.  Hmmm.  Well they project rask to play 68 gms.  According to espn that counts as three yrs.  so he will only have 5 yrs left on his stinker deal.  :-)

Find me any reputable hockey mag/site that doesn't have Rask rated top 4 in the world. Take all the time you need. I'll wait.

ok.  Do you admit pk subban is top 4 dman in the world?   If you can admit that i will reconsider my stance.  Take all the time you like.  I mean you and i had a long debate about players proving their worth.  You said subban was what?   And that he would never what?   I agreed that players need time to prove their worth.   Explain how this is different with goalies.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

for the record i would put rask in the top 5.  I just need to see him do it over consecutive "full" nhl seasons.   No doubt i think he can be what everyone thinks.  For me i need more proof.  I dont think there is anything wrong with that.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Find me any reputable hockey mag/site that doesn't have Rask rated top 4 in the world. Take all the time you need. I'll wait.

ok.  Do you admit pk subban is top 4 dman in the world?   If you can admit that i will reconsider my stance.  Take all the time you like.  I mean you and i had a long debate about players proving their worth.  You said subban was what?   And that he would never what?   I agreed that players need time to prove their worth.   Explain how this is different with goalies.  

I'm not sure what you're even talking about. I'm simply stating that most of the hockey world sees Rask as elite, regardless of what your eyes are seeing. The earlier debate you speak of was in regards to how much Subban should be paid according to what he'd previously accomplished. You felt like he should be paid for his potential. I and Marc Bergevin disagreed. Subban has now proven he's more valuable and will be paid like it on his next deal. Do I think Subban is top 4? Just like I told you last year at this time-NO. I'll still cite the same players I said last year as examples of guys I take ahead of him- Chara, Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo, Doughty. Heck, I'd still take Karlsson, Letang and O.E. Larsson over him at this point. Feel free to go back and revisit those threads because it seems you think you were right and I was wrong. At the time I said that Subban's asking price was absurd but that he also deserved much more than the Habs originally offered. They eventually settled in between and PK should be glad he took the route that he did because his next deal is going to be big. Now he should just concentrate on learning how to kill penalties. The PK shouldn't just be part of his name, it should be part of his game. I just made that up. Feel free to use it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm not sure what you're even talking about. I'm simply stating that most of the hockey world sees Rask as elite, regardless of what your eyes are seeing. The earlier debate you speak of was in regards to how much Subban should be paid according to what he'd previously accomplished. You felt like he should be paid for his potential. I and Marc Bergevin disagreed. Subban has now proven he's more valuable and will be paid like it on his next deal. Do I think Subban is top 4? Just like I told you last year at this time-NO. I'll still site the same players I said last year as examples of guys I take ahead of him- Chara, Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo, Doughty. Heck, I'd still take Karlsson, Letang and O.E. Larsson over him at this point. Feel free to go back and revisit those threads because it seems you think you were right and I was wrong. At the time I said that Subban's asking price was absurd but that he also deserved much more than the Habs originally offered. They eventually settled in between and PK should be glad he took the route that he did because his next deal is going to be big. Now he should just concentrate on learning how to kill penalties. The PK shouldn't just be part of his name, it should be part of his game. I just made that up. Feel free to use it.

Dez everything you write in there is essentially my exact same feelings on rask.  Paying on potential.  Was Rask elite prior to the beginning of last year?  

You and Bergevin were wrong and the Habs are gonna be soaked for 7m per.   5m over 5 seems like a steal now.   And somewhere in there i said he was gonna be a sure fire bet for norris?   I am pretty sure you thought he was more likely to fade away.  Guy wins the norris and doesnt make your top 4.   Hes still a kid essentially when classifying how long it takes fir dmen to excel.  Pk would be in my top 5.  weber, pietrangelo, karlsson, doughty pk.   

if pk can learn to pk he could go down as one of the all time greats.  His potential is amazing.  Still hate his after the whistle garbage.  Might have the best point shot ive ever seen.  Lidstrom had the best seeing eye puck.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS.  My eyes see him in the top 5. I think thats a pretty high praise.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dez,  your first 3 guys can stick but  Letang and O.E. Larsson?? Karlsson ia good but I think PK is the more complete d-man. Even Pietrangelo I feel he has more to prove.  I might be bias on this one because I do see PK as a top5 maybe 4 D in the league.

You know wich D don't get much recognition as maybe top 1 an 2 ? Seabrooke and Duncan Keith.  These 2 are and maybe the reason Chicago has won 2 cups in the last 3 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Dez,  your first 3 guys can stick but  Letang and O.E. Larsson?? Karlsson ia good but I think PK is the more complete d-man. Even Pietrangelo I feel he has more to prove.  I might be bias on this one because I do see PK as a top5 maybe 4 D in the league.

You know wich D don't get much recognition as maybe top 1 an 2 ? Seabrooke and Duncan Keith.  These 2 are and maybe the reason Chicago has won 2 cups in the last 3 years.

I forgot Keith. I just went with the first guys off the top of my head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

[QUOTE]

I forgot Keith. I just went with the first guys off the top of my head.

[/QUOTE]

I forgot Keith as well.  Keith is a stud for sure.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez everything you write in there is essentially my exact same feelings on rask.  Paying on potential.  Was Rask elite prior to the beginning of last year?  

You and Bergevin were wrong and the Habs are gonna be soaked for 7m per.   5m over 5 seems like a steal now.   And somewhere in there i said he was gonna be a sure fire bet for norris?   I am pretty sure you thought he was more likely to fade away.  Guy wins the norris and doesnt make your top 4.   Hes still a kid essentially when classifying how long it takes fir dmen to excel.  Pk would be in my top 5.  weber, pietrangelo, karlsson, doughty pk.   

if pk can learn to pk he could go down as one of the all time greats.  His potential is amazing.  Still hate his after the whistle garbage.  Might have the best point shot ive ever seen.  Lidstrom had the best seeing eye puck.  

Shupe, I put very little stock in an award for best D when Chara isn't a finalist every year. Subban had a good year in a short season and still I saw him as less deserving than the other finalists. Suter played more high level minutes than anyone in the league and Letang matched his point total in fewer games. Bergevin and I weren't wrong at all because PK wanted that kind of money prior to last year and Bergevin simply used the leverage afforded to him by the CBA ( RFA status for many more years). It would've been silly to give him so much so early and the Habs saved a bundle as a result. PC didn't have the same luxury this off season with Rask because he was set to become UFA if he only signed for 1 year again. Subban signed his 2nd contract. Rask signed his 4th. I know we've been over this before. Start believing in Rask. He's here for awhile. Cheers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ugh.  A thread dedicated to me has devolved into PK and Rask's contract.

Why not just talk about basketball or Chick Puck-n-Stick?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Ugh.  A thread dedicated to me has devolved into PK and Rask's contract.

Why not just talk about basketball or Chick Puck-n-Stick?

You wanted it that way.  You are very guilty.   Dont play nice guy.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe that's how you do it up there, Detective McNulty.

Here in the World's Greatest Country (USA), we have the right due process.  I deserve to be tried by a jury of my peers.

All must register a public vote within 24 hours of this post.  My jurors are:

1.  BHab

2.  Dez (guilty!)

3.  Red

4.  Fletcher

5.  Chowda

Now, unless every member of the jury offers an opinion, I am not guilty.

The charge brought against me is "intentionally hijacking my own thread and then blaming others".

Members of the jury, what say you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well, NAS did begin the path down the goalie hole with comments about Thomas... However since this is a thread about NAS and the Panthers and given Thomas's current tryout, the comment would not be a hijack, but could rather be considered on topic.

Furthermore, since it was kel and shupe who then moved the conversation to Rask without any prodding from NAS other than the introduction into the conversation of a goalie who used to play for the Bruins, and since he never once referenced PK, nor pushed the conversation towards D at any point, I would say he cannot be held culpable in any material manner. As such, my vote is....

Guilty!

(NAS, seriously man, why would you pick me for your jury :p)?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Guilty!

Needed the diversity.  I had the cool guy (Fletch), the old man (Chowda), the mental patient (BHab) and the gay guy.  I needed a female.

100% backfire!

What a crock.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You wanted it that way.  You are very guilty.   Dont play nice guy.  

Here in the World's Greatest Country (USA), we have the right due process.  I deserve to be tried by a jury of my peers.

1.  BHab

2.  Dez (guilty!)

3.  Red

4.  Fletcher

5.  Chowda

The charge brought against me is "intentionally hijacking my own thread and then blaming others".

Members of the jury, what so you?

It's hard for me to even think clearly, because I am so disgusted by the company of my fellow jurors -- a veritable 'who's who' of cyber trash merchants, who continuously pollute this fair message board with their idiotic musings and banal nonsense.  There is a crumpled sock in null's basement with more dignity than this jury pool. 

As for shupe and NAS, there is no fairer (or harsher) justice than having to continue to endure each others insufferable presence at BDC.  I would say that they are two of the most interesting posters here, but only in the sense that you would use the word "interesting" to mercifully describe a fat, ugly, blind date.

When pressed though, I must object to shupe's endless devotion to the Rask contract, and school-girl-crush method of obsession with that particular topic, to a greater extent than NAS's general thread hijacking and buck passing.

But, the real winner is anyone who actually makes it through this convoluted post...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

a vertible 'who's who' of cyber trash merchants

That may be the funniest thing ever written here.

Oh my word.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

a vertible 'who's who' of cyber trash merchants

That may be the funniest thing ever written here.

Oh my word.

And his post got even better after that. It was beautiful.

Oh, I forgot to add not guilty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Well, NAS did begin the path down the goalie hole with comments about Thomas... However since this is a thread about NAS and the Panthers and given Thomas's current tryout, the comment would not be a hijack, but could rather be considered on topic.

Furthermore, since it was kel and shupe who then moved the conversation to Rask without any prodding from NAS other than the introduction into the conversation of a goalie who used to play for the Bruins, and since he never once referenced PK, nor pushed the conversation towards D at any point, I would say he cannot be held culpable in any material manner. As such, my vote is....

Guilty!

NAS did prod.  I called him out.  Then kelv really prodded.  I said nothing of mr rask until then.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

1.  BHab

2.  Dez (guilty!)

3.  Red

4.  Fletcher

5.  Chowda

You realize you can choose jury here as well?  Get out from under the sunny skies of florida.  Go back into your suite in del boca vista and look it up.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch.  Well done.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Guilty!

NAS did prod.  I called him out.  Then kelv really prodded.  I said nothing of mr rask until then.  

[/QUOTE]

It does not take much to lure you back into a Rask contract conversation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

1.  BHab

2.  Dez (guilty!)

3.  Red

4.  Fletcher

5.  Chowda

NAS on trial?  

don't bother with the evidence.

guilty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Oh for this website to be a TV show! Some funny bantering and comments truly make me laugh.

Other times?

Well life isn't fare? Right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

That is 100% accurate.

Life is literally never fare.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

That is 100% accurate.

Life is literally never fare.

What if I gave someone a live chicken in exchange for a ride to town? That would be a life that's fare.