I seriously HATE this Bruins team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: I seriously HATE this Bruins team

In Response to Re: I seriously HATE this Bruins team:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I seriously HATE this Bruins team : I think they need more scoring !
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    I think what he's trying to say is....we need more scoring?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I seriously HATE this Bruins team : I think what he's trying to say is....we need more scoring?
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Man i love that guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If you hate this Bruins team, then might I suggest rooting for the New York Islanders or Edmonton Oilers, whose franchises once ruled the NHL, but now have become court jesters, doormats, and league laughing stocks (P.J. or otherwise).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I seriously HATE this Bruins team : I think what he's trying to say is....we need more scoring?
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Now that Bergeron picked up his scoring pace and still plays solid D,he's getting 2 birds stoned at once......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no need to hit the panic button people.. the season is 6 months long- we are only 1/2 thru AND in 1st place! w/o playing even close to their best hockey. i agree there is alot of dead weight on this team though-recchi,palle,wheeler, ryder,boychuk...bring up caron, hamill, or arniel  along with a trade or two 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Talking about these sidebar issues--Subban on Chara, TT's weak first goal, the Ryder penalty, Chara just missing the open net on the lob--is all completely missing the forest for the trees.

They lost the game b/c they played the entire 3rd period--start to finish--like they were 5th graders willing the clock to wind down til 3pm so they could bust out of school and go play outside. They were turtles barely poking their heads out of their shells, playing "not to lose", completely lacking in any kind of killer instinct to put away their most hated rival in a game that had first place on the line, in the other team's building, having alreay lost to them twice this year.....what more motivation do these clowns need????

The Bruins backers who can't stand a negative word said about their team on these forums--I gotta ask--when you watch that house of cards collapse--when you SEE it coming--and then it does...do you not feel anything remotely related to anger? This would be one thing if the team had some recent success....but even being fair and excluding all Bruins' non-Cup teams up to 1990 when they last had a shot...haven't we seen enough of these dis-passionate, poorly coached punching bags since--let's say 1995, a span of 16 years now--that you get just a LITTLE ticked off at the franschise and the tool boxes that run it???

This year's failure is the same squad, coached by the same stone gargoyle, that showed equal lack of urgency in last year's debacle against Philly. A couple of new players enter this year--big whoop. Same heartless, gutless bunch. We're told year after year the Bruins are getting better...the team has the pieces in place....anything can happen in the playoffs....but the REALITY is that they can't even get out of the 2nd round. Not even when they're up 3 games to 0.

At SOME point--and clearly, that boiling point comes sooner for some than others--a long-suffering fan has the right to rage a little--or even a lot.

I fully expect this Bruins team to dipsy doodle the rest of the way at a little above .500--JUST good enough probably to make the post season. Julien will still be there. Chiarelli will issue his standard "we believe in the guys we have" speech--you might as well put it on tape and just press "play" every year....no significant trades will be made...nothing will be done other than to let Bruins fans dawdle in delusional visions of "upsets" and "look what happened to the Caps last year" nonsense (even if that WERE a legitimate argument for possible success, it won't occur with this team of overly-cautious, defensive shell-shocked turtles without any kind of major scoring ability; a team that can't come back from deficits for said lack of scoring and now shows it can't hold leads either; can't run a decent power play, and is coached by one of the most passionless, increasingly clueless leaders in recent memory), and let's call it now--a 6-game loss in round 1 that will have the pom-pom wavers talking all summer about the 2 games they won and how it could have gone the other way If this and IF that, and boy--NEXT YEAR is REALLY their year!

My rant is almost at a close, but I'll just add this: If you're one of those people who keeps shelling out your hard earned money for season tickets to this team...and  buys the jerseys and overpriced beer and hot dogs...just remember that the Jacobs Family LOVES you. You will always have a special place in their hearts. You are the gift that keeps on giving year after year after Cup-less year. Stand tall. Be proud. Buy the cartoon jersey for your nephew next Xmas.

And while the rest of the Boston sports franchises plan parade routes and celebrations, revel in the knowledge that you--as always--are the good soldier...always willing to go to the front lines and take one for the team that never wins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

If you hate this Bruins team, then might I suggest rooting for the New York Islanders or Edmonton Oilers, whose franchises once ruled the NHL, but now have become court jesters, doormats, and league laughing stocks (P.J. or otherwise).

Yeah, it must be REALLY hard to be an Oilers fan. It was back in ANCIENT times that they won 4 Cups with the 2nd best player ever to play the game and one without him. When WAS that??? Gosh, you have to go AAAALLLLL the way back to, I think it was the 1980's....and man--whew--talk about the stone age!

Yeah, the NY Islanders. Sad buncha sacks as well. Except of course for those FOUR Stanley Cups they won IN A ROW from 1980-1984, which, again.....SO very long ago.

Now the Bruins--THERE'S a franchise with a ton of success you can pioint to! Presidents Trophies galore! And it wasn't all that long ago that a certain #4 went flying thru the air to win it in OT.....What I really enjoy doing is taking a ,look at the DVDs of those 1970 and 1972 Cup victories....watching all the games over again from start to finish....oh, wait. There are no DVDs of those wins....there's just some random clips you can find on Youtube and the Flying Orr clip is on lots of DVDs, I guess....hmmm....come to think of, 1972 was kind of a REALLY long time ago....like, 38 years or something! Wow. And the Bruins have been around since the beginning of the NHL in the 1920s. And they have a total of 5 Stanley Cups in all that time.

So: to recap: The Edomonton Oilers entered the NHL in 1979. They have 5 Stanley Cups since their inception. The NY Isalnders came into the league in 1972 and have 4 Stanley Cups.

The Bruins entered the NHL in 1924. They have the same # of Cups since then as the Oilers and one more than the Islanders.

Yes, tough being an Oilers fan, and an Isles fan, too.

Being a Bruins fan? That's easy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

So now they follow up that pathetic collapse against Montreal with a sorry effort against Pittsburgh where they get shut out.

Man I REALLY REALLY REALLY H..........oly crap!!!!!!!  They tied it!!!.......They took the lead!!!!.........they tacked on another one!!!!........THEY WON!!!

I love this team!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts