I still love this team/roster!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I still love this team/roster!

I am usually a trade freak but in reality this team does not need major trades but maybe some changes. The reason the Bruins loss this series with Washington was because of the 1-4 system, the players were blocking every shot possible and clogging up the neutral zone. The Caps players made the decision to agree to d hockey that Hunter imply when taking over. Which is very boring hockey but did work against the Bruins.

The only team with any type of none d style hockey left is the Flyers. All the big gun teams got knock out by a simple style hockey clubs and stellar goaltending NJD and Philly will be the most interesting series for me to watch and for the west STL and LA. The other 2 series are on, I will be watching Storage Wars and American Restoration reruns. I am hoping for a Philly and STL finals this will be the most interesting finals for me to watch (A) Both these teams I believe will give an entertaining finals.

I still love this team and they will be back next year with few adjustments and being a serious cup contender.
    This would be a pretty tough 1 2 line to face next season if all goes well for the Bruins
    Lucic Seguin Horton
    Marchand Bergy Krejci
    Caron Peverly  ?????
    ?????  ??????  Thornton

??????? will be interesting come summer time maybe some Baby B's or some hard working 3rd and 4th line players Paille and Kelly would be nice to see come back but i will just wait until the summer and training camp.

But I will still say I love my Bruins and thank you for last seasons cup and not making me wait anymore years. PS please don't make me wait another 39 years by then I will be in a long term care facility running around in my pull ups/diapers cheering on Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: I still love this team/roster!

In Response to I still love this team/roster!:
    I am usually a trade freak but in reality this team does not need major trades but maybe some changes. The reason the Bruins loss this series with Washington was because of the 1-4 system, the players were blocking every shot possible and clogging up the neutral zone. The Caps players made the decision to agree to d hockey that Hunter imply when taking over. Which is very boring hockey but did work against the Bruins. The only team with any type of none d style hockey left is the Flyers. All the big gun teams got knock out by a simple style hockey clubs and stellar goaltending NJD and Philly will be the most interesting series for me to watch and for the west STL and LA. The other 2 series are on, I will be watching Storage Wars and American Restoration reruns. I am hoping for a Philly and STL finals this will be the most interesting finals for me to watch (A) Both these teams I believe will give an entertaining finals. I still love this team and they will be back next year with few adjustments and being a serious cup contender. This would be a pretty tough 1 2 line to face next season if all goes well for the Bruins Lucic Seguin Horton Marchand Bergy Krejci Caron Peverly  ????? ?????  ??????   Thornton ??????? will be interesting come summer time maybe some Baby B's or some hard working 3rd and 4th line players Paille and Kelly would be nice to see come back but i will just wait until the summer and training camp. But I will still say I love my Bruins and thank you for last seasons cup and not making me wait anymore years. PS please don't make me wait another 39 years by then I will be in a long term care facility running around in my pull ups/diapers cheering on Boston.
    Posted by boborielly224

PC is making it sound like we shouldn't expect any big shakeup on the roster.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view/20220428brass_resists_any_plans_for_makeover/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I agree the pieces are there, but some players need to get back to earning their spots. Last year was really something special, with just about everyone playing above their skill level. Looking ahead with a clean slate and some $$ to spend, it would be refreshing to call a spade a spade and slot people in where their actual talents would be on average compared with the rest of the very top-tier clubs.

When putting players in their "natural" slot, there are some holes to fill:

X-Seguin-Horton
    Lucic-Bergeron-Peverly
    Marchand-Krejci-Caron
    Thornton-X-X

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am hoping for an upgrade at right wing should Horton not be able to return.  Peverley isn't the first line answer.  I am also hoping Seguin gets first line center duty.  Let it rip, kid.

Chowda has me fully on board the Hamilton train.  I can't wait for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I would like to see PC shop Krejci and Thomas.  Move Segun to #1 center, Bergy to #2 center.  Bring in a few top line wings....and a #3 center.

Rask and Kahbuton (sp) in net.

looks lik asmaha has a similar idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If we're looking at proposed/fantasy trades,how about Krejci & Thomas for Kane & Leddy.Seguin 1st line center,Bergy 2nd line center & Leddy replaces Corvo,unless of course Hamilton is the wunderkind we all hope.Dream on i guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

This team played .500 hockey, from the beginning of January, until the end of the season. Then they were eliminated in the 1st round.
    That is not really getting me excited about next season.
    Factor in a reasonably injury-free year, compared to some teams, and next year could see this team miss the playoffs.
    Having said all that, this team finished 4th in their Conference, and made a push back, late in the season, when some of us were beginning to 'fidgit' a little bit, on the possibility they may not make the playoffs, this year.
       With some players becoming UFA's; questions about SEGUIN being ready for the #1 Center position; how the goaltending will shake out; Horton's health issues; and a backdrop of a new CBA coming, maintaining the status-quo, seems a remote possibility
    It promises to be an interesting summer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Asmaha, you are usually more responsible. Is Horton coming back ? Any reason to doubt his return ? Why not trade Timmy ? We all love his guts, but at age 38 his performance is not what it was, and Rask is ready; Khudobin is signed. Peverly is a strong 3rd line player, but is not productive on the 1st or 2nd line. Re-sign Kelly, as he is better than the list shown a few days ago. Chiarelli recognized what he wants in watching Beagle, Chimura, etc. Big, fast, agressive. The Caps defense shut the bruins down, but the Rangers speed and size spread them out and holtby gave up goals. Maybe trade Marchand. He certainly works well with Bergie, and handles the puck as well as most, but size does shut him down, and he is not, as yet, as good as kenny Linsman. lots of questions for us all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I love Kelly as a player, but signing him seems to signal a couple things:

1. Krejci remains the #1 line center
    2. Seguin remains a winger

I don't like either of those things, and with Krejci-Bergeron-Kelly in the mix, I'm not sure how else it would play out.

I suppose they could sign Kelly in order to shop Krejci for some size and speed at wing, but the market's thin and EVERYONE wants size and speed on the wing.

It'll be interesting to see what they do, but I sure like the players where I have them in those lines above. I just don't feel good about Lucic as the #1 LW, Krejci should be the #3 C, and Peverly is the #2 RW at best. Those three in particular were playing a line above where they should be. It's not a knock...just an opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think Its time to release players like Motteau, Thornton, Campbell and even TT....I see Khudobin as our number one next season and Rask as our number 2....we could get a very hight draft choice for TT....enough with Thornton Motteau, Campbell and even Rollston ....we shoul try to get Zach Parise or Rick Nash and Suter or Wideman ...trade David Krejci ..time to move on and getbthe team ready for 2nd Stanley Cup in 2 years in 2013....enough is enough Stanley Cup to te BUINS in 2011 and 2013 (sent from my IPad)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I would like to see some juggling of the lines to make them more complete with a mix of skill and size.

Lucic  Krejci  Seguin
    Marchand  Bergeron  Horton
    XXXX  Peverley  Pouliot
    Thornton  Campbell  Caron

Chara  Seidenberg
    Boychuck  Hamilton (maybe jumping the gun)
    Ference  Mcquaid
    Krugg

I think Kelly signs elsewhere, I hope not because I feel he's a good fit here but the market is pretty weak and he may cash in. I also think Paille's days are numbered with the Bruins.  

I wont even get into the goalies as I have no idea what Chiarelli has in store for us. I know he wasnt happy with Thomas about the WH incident. If they are gonna trade TT they better have done their due diligence on the scouting of Khudobin.

Just my guess but I think Chiarelli is on the hunt for a good 3rd line winger. I also find it funny that the 2 players that were the biggest for the Bruins on their Cup run have become trade bait in alot of posts around here.  geesh

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

They missed Ryder. A second line winger who can play offense at a first line level. He and Seguin paired very well together last season...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: I still love this team/roster!:
    I would like to see PC shop Krejci and Thomas.  Move Segun to #1 center, Bergy to #2 center.  Bring in a few top line wings....and a #3 center. Rask and Kahbuton (sp) in net.Posted by dbg1

I agree for the most part.  Trade Krejci and Thomas for wingers/depth in case Horton is not 100%, though I think he will be.  Let Caron earn Paille's spot.  Move Seguin to #1 center, Bergeron to #2, resign both Kelly as #3 and Campbell as #4 centers.  With cap space from Thomas, go hard after Parise.  Let Hamilton and Krugg compete for the 6th and 7th defence spot and let Rask and Khudobin battle for #1 keeper ... or split time between them both. 

Not time for huge change but enough to shake the squad up a bit and have them push hard for the 2013 Cup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If Seguin needs to be the first line center, then I would just use Krejci as the first line RW. He looked quite good on the wing when he played there for a few games this season, including the win over St. Louis. Why trade a guy who is skilled, good at both ends, a good teamate, has a reasonable cap hit and scores more p/g in the playoffs than the regular season? Show me a player that meets those criteria and I will say trade DK for him. Also, they should be 25 or younger with a decade of great hockey ahead of them.

Sections
Shortcuts