I think a 4 game suspension is fair

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think a 4 game suspension is fair

4 games is fair.
    I won't go crying and whining.
    I won't call 911.
    I won't demand Rome gets arrested.
    I won't claim Rome attempted to murder Horton.
    I won't claim Rome intentionally planned to decapitate Horton.
    I won't bite anyone over it.
    I won't organize a protest.
    I won't demand that sponsorship be removed in protest.
    I won't go onto other fans websites and troll about it.

I know this, if things get out of hand and we see a 1970's style brawl and if Chara and Lucic are on the ice - look out - there will be manslaughter cases out there with less injuries sustained.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: I think a 4 game suspension is fair

I would hate to miss 4 games of the Stanley Cup Finals. I would rather miss an entire season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Care to remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMWLFca67ng

or these?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgUJH5Frlc0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

^^^ Perfect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Ya, I'm good.  Season's done for him.  Either way this thing ends, he can live with sparking the turnaround or missing the celebration. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I won't go off all self righteous.
    I won't be all kinds of indignant.

I WILL take it like an adult.
    I WILL not act like a total jack ash about it.
    I WILL NOT cry and moan but if for Horton we would have won the cup.

I WILL NOT go on about the previous cups the Bruins have won and that the Canucks have won none.

I will not go on about the longstanding nhl history of the Bruins and the Johnny come lately Canucks.

I WILL point out that certain cry baby fans of other teams should read this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

you guys are missing the point. It's not about Rome, it's about Horton. The injured party never gets justice. What if Horton is now down the Savard path? This is a major player in Boston, a scorer, and there was intent to injure. There is no protection with the hardplastic pads of today, open-ice, blind-side hits are like getting hit by a train. A player who gets suspended for 4 games does nothing to make up for the B's loss of Horton. The NHL has proven time and time again, it will condone career-ending injuries (career altering for sure, Bergeron has never been the type of scorer he was before getting hurt, Savard a shadow of himself). Horton will never be the same. He may comeback and you may think he is doing fine, but watch his goal production drop, and his ability to be strong in the slot end. He will be shell-shocked. The NHL should be ashamed of itselves. And Rome is an all-time jerk for going directly after a B's scorer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

not a fair trade, but fair punishment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I was expecting a suspension, but 4 games in the SCF is ridiculous.  Late hit, yes.  But there was no elbow directed at the head. The only reason it's so harsh is because of the injury involved, which is as much Horton's fault as Rome's.

Can ANYONE on the Bruins side at least admit that Horton shouldn't be admiring his pass as he crosses the blueline?  Can ANYONE admit that he should have done what every coach he's ever had has drilled into him: "Keep your head up"?

If Horton does that ONE THING, then he sees the hit coming, then has an opportunity to brace for it; doesn't slam his head on the ice, and likely pops right up and keeps going.

If you're going to enter the offensive zone with the puck, pass it off and stare it down, you might as well close your eyes, because you're essentially creating a 360 degree "blindside zone" around you.

I know that there are a lot of knowledgeable hockey fans here;  and I know that you're emotional about losing Horton, but come on, NOBODY should be admiring their pass in the SCF!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Mr. 49, why go after Horton right there? What is the purpose of Rome's check? To send a message? to injure Horton? What was the point. He had ample time to not set up for that type of blindside hit. Did he think he was modeling the best hitters in the game? Scott Stevens was probably his hero. Scott Stevens probably personally ended 6 or 7 guys careers with that exact type of intentional, intent to inflict injury, "resulting" in players with serious career-altering concussions. Don't even be naive about this. Rome is going to play the what did I do wrong approach? He went after a player, he accomplished his mission to knock out Horton. He is paying nothing for it, but 4 games in the finals. Big whoop. He gets to play next year with no head injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

49-north

Who cares if its the SCF's.  If Bertuzzi did his act in the finals isnt it deserving. 
    I personally thought he would get games just b/c the league is a joke.  Rome isnt a dirty player but that hit was "one steamboat, two steamboat, three steamboat".  What would you want for a suspension if that was a Gazoo Twin lying on the ice like that from a Boychuk hit?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ask Marc Savard how his career is going for not looking up on a hit. Let's blame the injured parties. Typical idiotic Canuck fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You think Wayne Gretzky or Guy LaFleur never looked down after making a pass, or looked ahead of the play. You know maybe they weren't expecting a headshot from the blindside...INTENTIONALLY GOING AFTER A PLAYER'S UPPER BODY...There was a reason those guys were hands off. You have to respect the game and respect the best players. You can check them, you can harass, you can interfere, you can do many things to disrupt a player's play. Lethal checks are simply a black mark in hockey. Kasper used to shadow Gretzky, he never hurt him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatthefaulk. Show whatthefaulk's posts

If this hit occured during the regular season i might be ok with the 4 game suspension. But a national stage, at a point in the playoffs where players are expected not to take stupid penalites, I think it warrants more punishment. Having a goon police is one thing. Nearly decapitating one of your opponests best players in a cowardly fashion deserves more than a four gamer. monetary punishment? public appologies?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: I think a 4 game suspension is fair:
    [QUOTE]I was expecting a suspension, but 4 games in the SCF is ridiculous.  Late hit, yes.  But there was no elbow directed at the head. The only reason it's so harsh is because of the injury involved, which is as much Horton's fault as Rome's. Can ANYONE on the Bruins side at least admit that Horton shouldn't be admiring his pass as he crosses the blueline?  Can ANYONE admit that he should have done what every coach he's ever had has drilled into him: "Keep your head up"? If Horton does that ONE THING, then he sees the hit coming, then has an opportunity to brace for it; doesn't slam his head on the ice, and likely pops right up and keeps going. If you're going to enter the offensive zone with the puck, pass it off and stare it down, you might as well close your eyes, because you're essentially creating a 360 degree "blindside zone" around you. I know that there are a lot of knowledgeable hockey fans here;  and I know that you're emotional about losing Horton, but come on, NOBODY should be admiring their pass in the SCF!
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

So your argument is that Horton should have known that Rome would lay an illegal hit on him? Horton did what you are supposed to do - watch the play and let your periphery watch what's in front of you rather than watching out for a predatory goon.

What all the Nuck homers are missing is the fact that he didn't have the puck. If he had the puck, he'd have kept his head up. Since he didn't have the puck, he was watching the play, what you're supposed to do. 

Horton didn't run into him, Rome lined him up. This wasn't the case of the Krejic hit in the last series, this is a case of a guy knowing that he doesn't have the puck, knowing that Horton didn't see him, and then hitting him high. Every part of this hit is illegal and all on Rome, not Horton. It was the definition of the hit the league is trying to get rid of.   

Please take off your green glasses and look at it from an objective viewpoint and you'll see the reality of the situation - It was a dangerous and unnecessary hit that was away from the puck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I was expecting a suspension, but 4 games in the SCF is ridiculous.  Late hit, yes.  But there was no elbow directed at the head. The only reason it's so harsh is because of the injury involved, which is as much Horton's fault as Rome's. Can ANYONE on the Bruins side at least admit that Horton shouldn't be admiring his pass as he crosses the blueline?  Can ANYONE admit that he should have done what every coach he's ever had has drilled into him: "Keep your head up"? If Horton does that ONE THING, then he sees the hit coming, then has an opportunity to brace for it; doesn't slam his head on the ice, and likely pops right up and keeps going. If you're going to enter the offensive zone with the puck, pass it off and stare it down, you might as well close your eyes, because you're essentially creating a 360 degree "blindside zone" around you. I know that there are a lot of knowledgeable hockey fans here;  and I know that you're emotional about losing Horton, but come on, NOBODY should be admiring their pass in the SCF!

Yikes, ok you lost creditability!  Focus on Rome when making your assessment.  The man skated three strides, left his skates, hit Horton in the head, and it was called an interference (implying Horton had already passed the puck and therefore was not suppose to be hit).  The Canucks get a net advantage with the 4 game suspension, the Bs don't have their top clutch scorer.  I would not be stupid and say the Sedins should be leveled with "frontier" justice, but if you had lost one of those players me thinks you would be screaming for justice!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]you guys are missing the point. It's not about Rome, it's about Horton. The injured party never gets justice. What if Horton is now down the Savard path? This is a major player in Boston, a scorer, and there was intent to injure. There is no protection with the hardplastic pads of today, open-ice, blind-side hits are like getting hit by a train. A player who gets suspended for 4 games does nothing to make up for the B's loss of Horton. The NHL has proven time and time again, it will condone career-ending injuries (career altering for sure, Bergeron has never been the type of scorer he was before getting hurt, Savard a shadow of himself). Horton will never be the same. He may comeback and you may think he is doing fine, but watch his goal production drop, and his ability to be strong in the slot end. He will be shell-shocked. The NHL should be ashamed of itselves. And Rome is an all-time jerk for going directly after a B's scorer.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

One of the most intelligent posts I've seen on here or the Patriots forum in a long, long time.

Couldn't agree with you more Danny.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

[QUOTE]I would hate to miss 4 games of the Stanley Cup Finals. I would rather miss an entire season.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Yeah and if the Vanucks (shudder) actually manage to win this thing he should not be allowed on the ice for the festivities including a pic of him holding the cup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Got it.
    In the SCF you should always expect an interference penalty coming your way.
    As a matter of fact, what business do you have admiring the game while sitting on the bench?  given its the SCF and emtions are running high, you should expect fans throwing something at you or trying to physically assault you.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

So yes, it was a bad hit, and the five and a game entirely in order, and if there’s a suspension to go with it, even the flintiest-hearted of Canucks fans ought to acknowledge that no one’s really out to get them. The Fall of Rome, in this case, is self-inflicted.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canucks+collapse+started+with+fall+Rome/4903011/story.html#ixzz1OcAsBcH8

------------------------------------
    From your own newspaper. Open your eyes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think a 4 game suspension is fair : Yeah and if the Vanucks (shudder) actually manage to win this thing he should not be allowed on the ice for the festivities including a pic of him holding the cup.
    Posted by scotland19[/QUOTE]
    I agree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedivz. Show Jedivz's posts

they need to suspend someone for a year in order to get their point across. I am all for phsyicall and fighting but this is crazy. It needs to stop

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And so the Murphy/Shanahan era begins. Hopefully they are more strict than Campbell.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Hmm... and Chara didn't know what he was doing?  But I digress.

I have acknowledged that the hit was late.  To call it predatory, and to call Rome a goon shows that your guys are looking through your Bruin-coloured glasses, and are responding purely based on emotion.  To say that there was any intent to injure means that you know what was going on in Rome's head at that millisecond when he decided to hit Horton (and you obviously don't).

I think that if you put CJ on a lie dectector and ask him if Horton should have been admiring his pass, then he says "Horty should have done more to protect himself in that situation".

I'm not saying that it wasn't a late hit;  I'm not saying that there should be no suspension.  I'm saying that 4 games in the SCF is too much for this hit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]Hmm... and Chara didn't know what he was doing?  But I digress. I have acknowledged that the hit was late.  To call it predatory, and to call Rome a goon shows that your guys are looking through your Bruin-coloured glasses, and are responding purely based on emotion.  To say that there was any intent to injure means that you know what was going on in Rome's head at that millisecond when he decided to hit Horton (and you obviously don't). I think that if you put CJ on a lie dectector and ask him if Horton should have been admiring his pass, then he says "Horty should have done more to protect himself in that situation". I'm not saying that it wasn't a late hit;  I'm not saying that there should be no suspension.  I'm saying that 4 games in the SCF is too much for this hit.
    He should have gotten more.  That was a reprehensible act on a completely defenseless player.  He targeted his head and left his feet.  Should have gotten 10 games.

Sections
Shortcuts