I think Kaberle has earned a spot on next year's roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think Kaberle has earned a spot on next year's roster

never tought I would say that but in the final against the Canucks I think Kaberle played much better and has learned how to win ...he plays better defensively ...dont forget the poor guy comes from Toronto and the Leafs cant remember how to win ....Kaberle looked so much like a Bruins D in the final ...what do you guys think ????
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: I think Kaberle has earned a spot on next year's roster

Good post Stanley.  I thought Kaberle had a pretty solid playoff, finishing with 11 assists in 25 games, tied for 3rd in d-man scoring with Seidenberg and Edler.  Also finished with a +8 while averaging 16 minutes of TOI per game.

This seems like it will come down to contract terms.  It will be hard for PC to sign him for $4M/year as a 5-6 d-man, so you have to think that price must come down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So that's were I'm thinking PC says the price is to high Crowls and I do think GMs elsewhere will shell it out especially ones who have snipers that can put it away on the PP and have the money.

I got snapped at defending Kaberle because I thought he was doing his on the extra man advantage knowing he has always been suspect in his own zone. Me thinks Tomas on the right team he will keep pushing up big assist numbers. PC has to save the Savard cap hit not knowing what Marc will do till late in August.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I agree. Ryder too (2 years at 1.5 - 2.5 mill) With the salary cap increase, and the money saved from Ryder, they should be able to lock up both Ryder and Kaberle, and still give Marchand a nice raise. They could replace Recchi from someone already under ccontract in Providence. If Savard is done, then more cap space, and replaced by another P Bruin, as not only are several ready, but obviously B's can win without Savard. (Maybe move him to a coaching position, as I think he has a lot to offer)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: I think Kaberle has earned a spot on next year's roster:
    [QUOTE]So that's were I'm thinking PC says the price is to high Crowls and I do think GMs elsewhere will shell it out especially ones who have snipers that can put it away on the PP and have the money. I got snapped at defending Kaberle because I thought he was doing his on the extra man advantage knowing he has always been suspect in his own zone. Me thinks Tomas on the right team he will keep pushing up big assist numbers. PC has to save the Savard cap hit not knowing what Marc will do till late in August.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Agree San.

Other UFA D-men out there that might drive Kaberle's price down:
    Markov
    Brewer
    Pitkanen
    Bieksa
    Wiz
    Erhoff
    Ian White
    Andy Greene

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to I think Kaberle has earned a spot on next year's roster:
    [QUOTE]never tought I would say that but in the final against the Canucks I think Kaberle played much better and has learned how to win ...he plays better defensively ...dont forget the poor guy comes from Toronto and the Leafs cant remember how to win ....Kaberle looked so much like a Bruins D in the final ...what do you guys think ???? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Yes if they can get him for the right price,not no 4 or 5 million or nothing like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I wouldnt give him more than $2.5MM ....and to Ryder ...$2MM...if Savard is done we have $5MM + the $3MM savings on Ryder ..and if ever the Bruins would have the guts to trade Tim Thomas (I love him but the timing would be perfect) ...that would be another $5MM  ..I would feel confident with Rask and Khudonin ...and trading Thomas would be for a 1st round draft pick this year and a 2nd rounder next year..that would be great...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. Ryder too (2 years at 1.5 - 2.5 mill) With the salary cap increase, and the money saved from Ryder, they should be able to lock up both Ryder and Kaberle, and still give Marchand a nice raise. They could replace Recchi from someone already under ccontract in Providence. If Savard is done, then more cap space, and replaced by another P Bruin, as not only are several ready, but obviously B's can win without Savard. (Maybe move him to a coaching position, as I think he has a lot to offer)
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]
    I don't think they can replace Recchi with someone from Providence.Recchi had a great finals but at times throughout the playoffs he wasn't at the same level as Marchand and Bergeron.The Bruins will need a legit top 6 forward.I like Ryder but see him more as a 3rd line guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]Good post Stanley.  I thought Kaberle had a pretty solid playoff, finishing with 11 assists in 25 games, tied for 3rd in d-man scoring with Seidenberg and Edler.  Also finished with a +8 while averaging 16 minutes of TOI per game. This seems like it will come down to contract terms.  It will be hard for PC to sign him for $4M/year as a 5-6 d-man, so you have to think that price must come down.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

this sums it up, except i think he could fight for more time in the rotation. he got better as the playoffs progressed. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would like to keep the entire team, as long as Kabs and Ryder take pay cuts.  Recchi will make way for Caron or whoever else shows up strong in camp.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I was bashing him but he played well in the finals IMO. I never b!tched about him in the finals so he must not have been messing up much. I Would give him 5 if he wants more I would part ways and thank him for helping bring us a cup. You would have to think he would improve as when camps starts he will fully know claudes system and be comfortable with it. He is also good friends with z

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

If Boychuk stays, then Kaberle more than deserves a spot in the lineup.  Ryder is also a must-sign (if the price is right of course).  That guy was a monster in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt give him more than $2.5MM ....and to Ryder ...$2MM...if Savard is done we have $5MM + the $3MM savings on Ryder ..and if ever the Bruins would have the guts to trade Tim Thomas (I love him but the timing would be perfect) ...that would be another $5MM  ..I would feel confident with Rask and Khudonin ...and trading Thomas would be for a 1st round draft pick this year and a 2nd rounder next year..that would be great... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stanley why would either one settle for less then what they got this year. both are now proven playoff performers and that is tough for me to say about kaberle. every team trying to get better,salary cap going up. the only way the two of them stay is if the bruins match salaries they have now or if kaberle and ryder are dumb enough to take home town discount. 
    if i were chiarelli i would wash my hands with both, not saying they were bad. its just been there done that. ryder's career here i consider a wash with what bruins payed for what he gave to the bruins. kaberle the bruins payed far to much for a player that made the power play worse but that being said the acquisition of kaberle helped this team get to the promise land because he is better then any other option on the bruins and baby bruins rosters for the last defensive pairing with mcquaid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Id like to see Kaberle back at 3 mil, but Id rather see them pick Bieksa at 4ish if we could get him at that price.  maybe even 5.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The defenseman on the Bs are getting older. I do believe a PMD is needed on the Bs team, it has enough physical less mobiile defensemen. In the interim I think Kaberle would be a good fit for the Bs.  More than likely he will sign for the best money available as a free agent, he may be persuaded to sign a team friendly contract by PC with the potential for more Bs Cups ( young forwards argument).   I have fluctuated on Kaberle's value during the playoffs, some of his weak give aways were tough to watch.  Yet, he seemed to weather the storm of criticism and poor play.  So I hope he will be signed.  

As a secondary thought, the draft must address the best player available, but also then need for a defenseman.  Laslty, the recent draft thread has been helpful to read.  

Sections
Shortcuts