I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one...

I agree there could be a "cup hangover" early on in the season but I don't think it would have anything to do with the bruins partying to much this offseason. I think it will be more teams are gunning for them and it will take a while for the bruins to ratchet up their intensity levels to what they will be facing from their oponents early on. I predict a top 4 seed in the east and the playoffs are always a crap shoot. Just enjoy the fact the bruins are cup champs and not worry about a potential cup hangover. The way I see it they all earned the right to drink as much as they want out it since they won it! 2010-2011 boston bruins I will always drink to that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one...:
    [QUOTE]" Cup Hangover" sounds awesome to me
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I'm pretty sure there are 600 players that didn't win the cup this year that have partied pretty hard this summer as well.  I don't think that will have any bearing on a cup hangover.  The short off-season will be the only reason for that.  Vancouver is the early favourite to win the cup and their off-season was just as long.  I'm not worried.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just took another look at this thread.  It's wrong at the beginning and the majority of the comments are also.

"Cup Hangover" doesn't refer to drinking too much or partying too hard.  It refers to all of the energy and emotion that goes into winning 16 games in the playoffs and the emotional and physical relaxing that comes after it.  Sometimes it's difficult for the players to ramp up their play for the first month or so.  It happen in all of sport, and in many different aspects of life.

Haven't you ever worked really had to reach a goal and actually reached it?  When you are done, it's hard to get back to that work level right away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

- This years Red Sox were picked to win 100 games this year.  It seemed like they lost 100 in April. They didn't even make the playoffs last year. No hangover required for a bad start.

- With the short summer, long run, emotions spent... they probably will get off to a slow start.  Lots of teams start slow.  See ya in April.

- They won the Cup last year.  To be frank, they have an awful lot of ways to go before I start complaining about them again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawLaw. Show LawLaw's posts

I'd bet the Bruins haven't revelled in their accomplishment any more than any other previous Stanley Cup winner.  I'm sure we've only see more of it because of local media, blogs, etc.  Also, just because Tim Thomas is having a parade in Vermont, doesn't mean that Rich Peverley is getting black-out drunk in Guelph, Ontario.  My point is that one has nothing to do with the other.  I'm sure that as much as each player is enjoying their moments with the Cup, they are still taking their preparation for the upcoming season just as seriously.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dustin off the Byffet. 

Physically, they should be in decent shape despite the long run because so many of the players are under 30, and the three key guys who aren't are preparation freaks (Chara, Thomas) or retired (Recchi).  Mentally, they may be lingering in the afterglow but I doubt it takes too long for them to get their focus back.

I will say that no matter how good they we or they might think they are, they aren't good enough to lose their mental discipline and still be a top contender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

"Cup Hangover" ... I still love it.  And if the boys get off to a slow start, they've earned some slack from all of us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

After you get slammed into the boards, elbowed in the face ,slashed and whatever else happens on the ice they will be back in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I thought I would bump this thread because it seems 3-7 was an accurate prediction. I was wrong about where the wins came from, but when I started it in the summer I was beaten up pretty badly. I thought you all might like to compare your thoughts from then to your thoughts from today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I thought the bruins would have a slow start but not as bad as it has been

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kraftyfootball. Show Kraftyfootball's posts

[QUOTE]OCTOBER 2011 DATE VISITOR HOME TIME (ET) TV NETWORK/RESULTS THU OCT 6, 2011 FLYERS BRUINS 7:00 PM VERSUS   SAT OCT 8, 2011 LIGHTNING BRUINS 7:00 PM NHLN-US   MON OCT 10, 2011 AVALANCHE BRUINS 1:00 PM     WED OCT 12, 2011 BRUINS HURRICANES 7:30 PM VERSUS, TSN2   SAT OCT 15, 2011 BRUINS BLACKHAWKS 8:30 PM NHLN-US   TUE OCT 18, 2011 HURRICANES BRUINS 7:00 PM     THU OCT 20, 2011 MAPLE LEAFS BRUINS 7:00 PM TSN   SAT OCT 22, 2011 SHARKS BRUINS 7:00 PM     THU OCT 27, 2011 CANADIENS BRUINS 7:00 PM RDS, NHLN-US   SAT OCT 29, 2011 BRUINS CANADIENS 7:00 PM CBC, RDS, NHLN-US
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I really hate to say it, but give TitleTown his due!

He was spot on while you all laughed... not so funny anymore, is it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kraftyfootball. Show Kraftyfootball's posts

Some of these guys are getting really bad reputations around town as bad drunks. This team was totally spoiled and they think they are big shots. Thir f-- the lunch pail attitude would make recchi vomit. He would absolutely rip a few of these drunks. Not naming names but Tyler, Tuuka, and Milan be careful...and sone of the women issues here are real too. Just because your drinking till 3 am a private parties...not public....doesn't make it right boys. You are am embarassment...and the 29th seed boys

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one...:[QUOTE] If the Bruins were to start 3-7 that would mean a total breakdown of Julien's defensive system, a barrage of injuries and very shoddy goaltending that will not happen too much talent on the Bruins. Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Boy was I way the heck off. Just straight up lackluster play Pffftt...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Let's end this nonsense of hangover talk now on this board.

There's good stuff (Seguin) and bad stuff (scoring) we can talk about but that cliche is just media driven bs.

Ottawa tomorrow, hopefully the boys give us 60 minutes and beat the 6 in a row Sens who are punhcing above their weight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Some of these guys are getting really bad reputations around town as bad drunks. This team was totally spoiled and they think they are big shots. Thir f-- the lunch pail attitude would make recchi vomit. He would absolutely rip a few of these drunks. Not naming names but Tyler, Tuuka, and Milan be careful...and sone of the women issues here are real too. Just because your drinking till 3 am a private parties...not public....doesn't make it right boys. You are am embarassment...and the 29th seed boys
    Posted by Kraftyfootball[/QUOTE]
    What's embarrassing is a Bruins fan showing up here spreading rumors like women sharing afternoon tea. I'd prefer to hear about things that are real, not things you heard at the hairdresser while waiting for your perm to set.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I also expected a slow start, but not to this degree. The hangover should not be used as an excuse. After the Penguins won the cup in 2009, the following season they started 9-1. I don't buy the whole hangover thing, something is wrong with this team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

You're right there is something wrong...limited effort, complacency, and they weren't prepared to start the season. What else would you expect when you spend play into June and spend 3 and a half months celebrating, resting, relaxing, and drinking? Celebrating the victory is great, but the B's were taking cup tours in late August into September. I'm as happy as anyone, but it was too excessive in my mind.

Sections
Shortcuts