I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one...

Saturday night I saw Lucic drinking with the Cup at a small college bar outside of the BC campus. Timmy is taking his second tour with the Cup up to Vermont today, I believe. Who knows where Marchand is or if he's sober or where his clothes might be? Doesn't the season start in a month? Time to get with the program...stop celebrating! Not that I am not excited about last year's cup win - it was a truly incredible run that is on par with the 2004 Sox WS win for me - but I have expectations that the B's could contend for a few more in the next few seasons. The B's didn't get where they are now by resting on their laurels. Time to put the Cup on the back burner and put their noses to the grindstone to prepare to defend. Every team in the league will be gunning for them this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Re: I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one...

OCTOBER 2011
    DATEVISITORHOMETIME (ET)TV NETWORK/RESULTS
    THU OCT 6, 2011FLYERSBRUINS
    7:00 PMVERSUS 
    SAT OCT 8, 2011LIGHTNINGBRUINS
    7:00 PMNHLN-US 
    MON OCT 10, 2011AVALANCHEBRUINS
    1:00 PM  
    WED OCT 12, 2011BRUINSHURRICANES
    7:30 PMVERSUS, TSN2 
    SAT OCT 15, 2011BRUINSBLACKHAWKS
    8:30 PMNHLN-US 
    TUE OCT 18, 2011HURRICANESBRUINS
    7:00 PM  
    THU OCT 20, 2011MAPLE LEAFSBRUINS
    7:00 PMTSN 
    SAT OCT 22, 2011SHARKSBRUINS
    7:00 PM  
    THU OCT 27, 2011CANADIENSBRUINS
    7:00 PMRDS, NHLN-US 
    SAT OCT 29, 2011BRUINSCANADIENS
    7:00 PMCBC, RDS, NHLN-US

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

How will they fare to start the season? 
    My prediction 3-7 with wins against Colorado, Carolina, and Montreal...

Sorry to be so negative, but just a prediction

Agree or disagree?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one...:
    Saturday night I saw Lucic drinking with the Cup at a small college bar outside of the BC campus. Timmy is taking his second tour with the Cup up to Vermont today, I believe. Who knows where Marchand is or if he's sober or where his clothes might be? Doesn't the season start in a month? Time to get with the program...stop celebrating! Not that I am not excited about last year's cup win - it was a truly incredible run that is on par with the 2004 Sox WS win for me - but I have expectations that the B's could contend for a few more in the next few seasons. The B's didn't get where they are now by resting on their laurels. Time to put the Cup on the back burner and put their noses to the grindstone to prepare to defend. Every team in the league will be gunning for them this season.
    Posted by TitleTown11

Worrying about what they are doing on September 4 is over reacting just a little bit. The playoffs start in April. Many things happen between then and now that effect a teams chances of repeating. Celebrating winning the cup on a hot summer day when the temperature is in the 90's is not one of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one...:
    In Response to I think the B's Cup Hangover is going to be a bad one... : Worrying about what they are doing on September 4 is over reacting just a little bit. The playoffs start in April. Many things happen between then and now that effect a teams chances of repeating. Celebrating winning the cup on a hot summer day when the temperature is in the 90's is not one of them.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I might start worrying about a title defense in February......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Fans pay way too much attention to what players do off the field, court or ice way too much. I say have as many drinks as you can hold or take. I remember stories from my pops about certain athletes being wasted during the off season, players you would be shocked to hear that those particular athletes were totally wasted in public (Cheevers, Esposito and Park were notorious). I was at a wedding last night Vincent Jackson of the Chargers could barely stand up or speak. Did I give a S___!? NOPE!

If the Bruins were to start 3-7 that would mean a total breakdown of Julien's defensive system, a barrage of injuries and very shoddy goaltending that will not happen too much talent on the Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Fans pay way too much attention to what players do off the field, court or ice way too much. I say have as many drinks as you can hold or take. I remember stories from my pops about certain athletes being wasted during the off season, players you would be shocked to hear that those particular athletes were totally wasted in public (Cheevers, Esposito and Park were notorious). I was at a wedding last night Vincent Jackson of the Chargers could barely stand up or speak. Did I give a S___!? NOPE! If the Bruins were to start 3-7that would mean a total breakdown of Julien's defensive system, a barrage of injuries and very shoddy goaltending that will not happen too much talent on the Bruins.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

And even if this did happen would people come back and say " Ya I told you so . They celebrated the cup win for too long '. If they the start the season poorly it should be attributed to poor early season play and not having a good time with the cup in July, August and September . It's almost like some people believe these players should not enjoy a life outside of their jobs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I never said they couldn't enjoy a personal life, nor is that how I feel. I am clearly stating that a new season is about to begin and playing hockey is a profession. One would think it prudent to be training and preparing your body for the rigors of a full season and likely post season. I'm all for a night on the town, but you'll have to explain to me again how going out on the town does the body good? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

The Bruins are a team with six 15-20 goal scorers, and excellent goaltending.  Without excellent goaltending we are challenging for the 7th spot.  End of story.

Key players to watch this year are Tyler Seguin, Tuukka Rask, and Johnny Boychuk.  Especially Boychuk.  We need his big shot to help Chara on the PP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I never said they couldn't enjoy a personal life, nor is that how I feel. I am clearly stating that a new season is about to begin and playing hockey is a profession. One would think it prudent to be training and preparing your body for the rigors of a full season and likely post season. I'm all for a night on the town, but you'll have to explain to me again how going out on the town does the body good? 
    Posted by TitleTown11

And might I ask how you know what the players are doing? You are aware that a day consists of 24 hours, right?

A training regiment for top notch athletes may consist of a combined cardio/weights workout of 2 hours a day. So who's to say that when Looch woke up at 6am the day he had the cup, he didn't put in a solid 2 hour workout so he has the rest of the day to enjoy with family & friends?

A little bit of an overreaction, IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

they'll beat chicago, chicago is nothing special anymore

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by TitleTown11

Because they've been seen in a few photos enjoying themselves means they haven't been getting ready for the season ?  NEWSFLASH : there are 24 hours in a day ( courtesy of Ronstar ).

You'll have to explain to me how the all work , no play thinking does the mind any good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

WOW! Panic much? I don't think anybody has to tell the B's what they need to do. Anybody who thinks that Thomas & Chara aren't preparing is either a) a wagon jumping fan b) don't know the players that well c) just panics over every little thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

they'll beat chicago, chicago is nothing special anymore
    Posted by bostonfan191646

OK....OK everyone agrees with your Chicago ranking in your blog. Now stop being so bitter and give us the results of the interview you conducted with Jared Knight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

WOW! Panic much? I don't think anybody has to tell the B's what they need to do. Anybody who thinks that Thomas & Chara aren't preparing is either a) a wagon jumping fan b) don't know the players that well c) just panics over every little thing.
    Posted by nitemare-38

d) All of the above

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One would think it prudent to be training and preparing your body for the rigors of a full season and likely post season. I'm all for a night on the town, but you'll have to explain to me again how going out on the town does the body good? Posted by TitleTown11

How do you know Lucic wasn't in the gym all day prior or at Agganis Arena skating with Pandolfo and Grier before hand ?

If someone told my old man he couldn't pound a six pack after an 8 hour workday he would have laughed in that persons face.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Er, every NHL player not named Dustin Byfuglien is pretty much working his posterier off right about now. 

Here's the sort of thing they're doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXnMiq_F88c

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

On a purely speculative spin, the Bs will not suffer a hangover but the team will serve as a motivating factor to teams like Washington, Pittsburgh, NYR, Philly etc. 

The reality.  The core of the Bs is still intact, a young and healthy team.  In a league priding itself on parity (Philly two years ago), any team who makes the playoffs has a chance.  Enough said, much to do about nothing!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"Cup Hangover" sounds awesome to me

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think their lineup is better this year than last year.
    And Rask will be healthy this year.
    And Seguin will be better.

Benoit looks like he's serious.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins enjoyment celebrating their win just means they wil want it again that much more.  And having some beer and some fun hardly will hurt your ability to play hockey.  Do you think none of the players got liquered up last year at this time?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Please sart the season so people will have games to talk about then stupid posts like this one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wicked dumb thread.  This is someone who is afraid to be disappointed, so instead he'll expected to be disappointed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I dunno. It ruined baseball season for me. By the time the Bruins had wrapped up the Cup it was almost the all star break. I don't really know what's going on with the Sox other than Lackey blows chunks!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I didn't start this thread to debate over the ethics of going out for a casual drink - I started it because I wanted to know how people think the B's will come out of the gates this year. Teams that play deep into the playoffs have even less time to prepare for next season so the Bruins can either have a sluggish start or a good start. It was just my prediction that I think they will start slow.

Sections
Shortcuts