I thought Bostonians were tough?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirty30. Show Dirty30's posts

I thought Bostonians were tough?

All series long its been about "what the Canucks said" or "the bite" or "the finger in the face".  The irony of it all is the Bruins have done the exact same things.  Now its a meaningless comment from Luongo that has Boston all fired up.  Is this really as mentally strong of a media/fanbase that you have?  Do you really have to be motivated by what the opposition is saying come the Stanley Cup Finals?  or their fans?  Has it really gotten so bad that some Bruin fans are going to throw things on the ice if you lose tomorrow night? 

Seriously princesses.  Suck it up.  Play the game.  Quit whining about these trivial things and cheer FOR your team instead of taking the bait displayed by your media.  Thankfully for you your team has been a lot more focused on winning or this series would have been over in four.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Re: I thought Bostonians were tough?

Umm which Bruin bit a Cannuck? Which Bruin sent a Cannuck to the hospital on a cheapshot?

Luongo's comments and the stuff stemming from that are more or less directed to his disrespect for the unspoken rule that goalies don't usually speak ill of each other (similar to those baseball rules that Alex Rodriguez breaks routinely) rather than from anyone's feelings being hurt.  That and we are laughing at the "he didn't say anything nice about me" comment from him on Saturday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Enough with the 'he said - he said' bit already.   The reporters have a job to do, and that's ask questions and make mountains out of the molehills that are the responses.     Who gives a damn about what any of the players said about each other at this point?

The only thing that matters is who wins.   Boston has owned Vancouver at home while the Canucks barely scrape by in B.C. cause the Bruins can't seem to get going physically or offensively.   It seems like 4 different teams in total in this series with 2 playing in each city.

The question I'd like answered is why are both teams doing a complete jeckyl and hyde act when they are on the road versus at home?    Does the fans and the city really affect how they play on the ice that much?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it's funny that that dirty30 "forgot" about the late hit that took the bruins most clutch playoff performer out for the season! hey buddy, whatever you need to feel good about the canucks, go ahead thinking it. vancouver is a joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to I thought Bostonians were tough?:
    All series long its been about "what the Canucks said" or "the bite" or "the finger in the face".  The irony of it all is the Bruins have done the exact same things.  Now its a meaningless comment from Luongo that has Boston all fired up.  Is this really as mentally strong of a media/fanbase that you have?  Do you really have to be motivated by what the opposition is saying come the Stanley Cup Finals?  or their fans?  Has it really gotten so bad that some Bruin fans are going to throw things on the ice if you lose tomorrow night?  Seriously princesses.  Suck it up.  Play the game.  Quit whining about these trivial things and cheer FOR your team instead of taking the bait displayed by your media.  Thankfully for you your team has been a lot more focused on winning or this series would have been over in four.
    Posted by Dirty30
    s
    You want to troll the oppositions fan sites while questioning someone elses mental toughness? Oh, the irony of just such a thing........a smarter man might have realized this before posting......
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!! 2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

homebrew, it's no jeckyl and hyde. when the bruins are at home, with last change, they get the matchups they want... they have dominated at home. vice versa in vancouver, but with their advantage, they are only a tiny bit better than the bruins. all that being said, that trend HAS to continue tonight. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to I thought Bostonians were tough?:
    All series long its been about "what the Canucks said" or "the bite" or "the finger in the face".  The irony of it all is the Bruins have done the exact same things.  Now its a meaningless comment from Luongo that has Boston all fired up.  Is this really as mentally strong of a media/fanbase that you have?  Do you really have to be motivated by what the opposition is saying come the Stanley Cup Finals?  or their fans?  Has it really gotten so bad that some Bruin fans are going to throw things on the ice if you lose tomorrow night?  Seriously princesses.  Suck it up.  Play the game.  Quit whining about these trivial things and cheer FOR your team instead of taking the bait displayed by your media.  Thankfully for you your team has been a lot more focused on winning or this series would have been over in four.
    Posted by Dirty30

mentally strong are u serious u Vancouver troll. u signed up to a Boston based fan forum to talk to us about quit whining. do u not see the irony in that?

as for the throw things on the ice thing. well i have 2 things on that 1. it is always dangerous to think that minority is speaking for the majority(much like these Vancouver trolls on this website, i don't think they speak for canucks fans especially u dirty!) and 2nd all u have to do is read into that moron thread to see that the posters is the only person that feels that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Is this guy offsides? Yes.  But his points have some validity.  Lots on here have been whining since round one.  And it has snow balled the entire way.  We have been very fortunate to be as healthy as we have been.  Very unfortunate to lose Horton.  The bite isnt even a issue to me. It just shows what some of the Van players are like.  Lapierre would have been a rat whether Burrows bit him or not.  I thought Burrows had changed his ways.  I guess not.  
    As Dez would say.  2 More Wins is all that matters at this point. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

wrong shupe... ONE MORE WIN, then ONE MORE WIN!!!!! can't win two games at once. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: I thought Bostonians were tough?:
    wrong shupe... ONE MORE WIN, then ONE MORE WIN!!!!! can't win two games at once. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I concur my friend.  One more win.  I honestly think we blow them out tonight.  My brain can't take a one goal game. 
    Cheers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Vancouver is a sissy, dirty team.  Go to Chinatown and celebrate their Cup win if they clinch tonight. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

I may be wrong, but I think Dirty's point was missed because of his wording.
    The media of both markets has played into the mindset of the fans. Many of the reporting is not by journalists (unbiased) but by columnists (bias is ok). They are paid to express an opinion while reporting the facts and fuel the emotions of the reader. This makes for great reading and keeps you coming back to their paper or website. They want you to be involved and to interact and nothing will get fans going quicker than a championship with controversy. So the papers print their  perception and put their players and fans in a better light while pointing fingers at the opposition. It's classic rivalry and when the dust settles, cooler heads will prevail. If Burrows didn't bite, Rome didn't hit and Lapierre didn't taunt, what would you have to be angry about? What would you call them, biter, taunter and dirty are no longer an option. Many of you admitted you knew very little about the team and didn't have a reason to dislike them. Now you have one. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

vcec... ok.... what exactly are the media members in vancouver upset about? their player was not suspeded for biting. their player was not sidelined because of a late hit. their team is the one flopping all over the ice. their goalie and team can't keep their mouth shut. they have had more PP's than the bruins. lot's to be upset about. the question is vcec, what do you think about the way vancouver has handled itself this final? from actions on the ice, to their words in the media? they have taken "win at ANY cost"- to new heights.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

okay, adk.... 2nd part of the post first.  i'm neutral. i support Boston because it's the east coast champion and quite frankly, it's the US. Come October, my loyalty will shift. That being said, I look at the media reporting a little more objectively because I dont' have a dog in the fight. I want to see Boston hoist the cup, but at the end of the day, I don't live there and it's not my life. So my perception is going to be unemotional. I read both papers and see bias. period. from the adjectives that describe both teams and their fans, to the baiting that goes on from the reporting, the nitpicking the "slant" in the columns. That's what I'm trying to say. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

first part of post. i'm not sure if you've read any of the vancouver columns but their portrayel of Boston players and fans tends to paint them as somewhat uncivil. I've been to your city and loved it. the people were exceptionally friendly and good natured despite our Florida gear and support for home teams. We took some good natured ribbing at Fenway - had a great time. Vancouver is playing to the folks who will probably never leave BC much less travel to the other side of the continent. It plays into the perception of bullies and goons and blue collar. That is how Boston is portrayed. And it incenses the fans. It doesn't matter whether or not Bruins players are fair, or dirty or cheap......it just doesn't matter. They will slant it their way to fuel the flames. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

and after that verbose rambling.....do you think i'm actually dumb enough to point out ANYTHING about a bruins player???? lol. i watch the games and reserve my opinions for when i'm yelling at the tv. Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you typed alot of words, but you still didn't say anything. you seem to avoid the facts and, try to convince us you really are nuetral. fact are facts. that's what i'm using, how about you? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

yeah, too many words but not avoiding you. it's just that i won't offer up any criticism of either team at this point. i'm on a boston site and only an idiot (or a troll) would come on here and bad mouth the players or the organization. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

cop out. completely spineless. you make no point, and stand behind "i don't want people i don't even know, or ever will, to call me out, so i'll hide behind the fact that you are all meanies"- like the vancouver press so accurately points out. hilarious. there is nothing "percieved" when it comes to fuel needed for the bruins. but the van press has it out for bostonians in general? you're a gem vcec. do you write for a vancouver paper? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

i checked, i have a spine.  i can't be baited. the point of the original post was about the slant of the media, not about what i thought of the players.
    we had a similar discussion a few days ago about media bias and you accused me of being a bitter fan. lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it seems you are. not asking you to speak for the media, speak for yourself. as a hockey fan, what is your opinion on how the series has been played by both teams. easy question, no bait here. check again for that spine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

vcec... ok.... what exactly are the media members in vancouver upset about? their player was not suspeded for biting. their player was not sidelined because of a late hit. their team is the one flopping all over the ice. their goalie and team can't keep their mouth shut. they have had more PP's than the bruins. lot's to be upset about. the question is vcec, what do you think about the way vancouver has handled itself this final? from actions on the ice, to their words in the media? they have taken "win at ANY cost"- to new heights.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

adk,

I will take a stab at this.  If I were Van I would be ticked that Rome was suspended 4 games.  They decide to make an example outta him.  The bite was a bite.  Should have been a suspension but I didnt think there would be.  Heck Van could point to Horton not getting suspended, Lucic not getting suspended and Ference not getting suspended.  2 head shots from the side and a water bottle throwing incident at a fan to where players/coaches have been suspended in the past.  If I were a Van fan I would jump all over the Chara interference penalty and cry foul b/c the puck was in the other zone when chara labelled him. I would say Boston always gets the calls in their favor.
    Now, I believe that is all garbage.  But I also don't think Riome deserved to be the example of a rule so flawed that no one knows what is what.   Horton Rome? We definitely lose in that trade off.
    But since I don't want mass hysteria on here before a huge game I will say I miss Horton and wish we had him playing tonight

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if you hit a guy late and he's out for the remainder of the playoffs, 4 games, you think it's coincidence that the offending party gets 4 games also? if rome was allowed to play later in the series, the refswould have had their hands full. if the shoe was on the other foot, i would EXPECT the bruin player to be finished for the finals. i certainly would not try to convince myself it was a good hit, worthy of no discipline. hey, i was all for ference calling out paille, and his 4 game suspension. no hypocrit here. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

it seems you are. not asking you to speak for the media, speak for yourself. as a hockey fan, what is your opinion on how the series has been played by both teams. easy question, no bait here. check again for that spine.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

funny. yeah, it's still there. i think both teams have reduced themselves to school yard antics 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

adk. i will commit to this. i had never really followed vancouver until now. i will admit that in the beginning  i couldn't tell when they were diving or embellishing because i didn't know the players. after this series, i can see it and understand why it infuriates the other teams and fans. i think the bruins capitalize on that and behave like kids in the back of a bus. 

Sections
Shortcuts