I thought Bostonians were tough?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: I thought Bostonians were tough?

In Response to Re: I thought Bostonians were tough?:
    [QUOTE]if you hit a guy late and he's out for the remainder of the playoffs, 4 games, you think it's coincidence that the offending party gets 4 games also? if rome was allowed to play later in the series, the refswould have had their hands full. if the shoe was on the other foot, i would EXPECT the bruin player to be finished for the finals. i certainly would not try to convince myself it was a good hit, worthy of no discipline. hey, i was all for ference calling out paille, and his 4 game suspension. no hypocrit here. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    I agree and I am not calling you a hypocrit.  Just picking your brain. 
    You say you were all for Ference calling out Paille.  Were you all for Ference when he did the shoulder on Halpren?  Were you ok with the no suspension on Lucic when he hit Spacek.  And were you ok with the no suspesnion on Horton for throwing a bottle at a fan?  If I were a fan of these teams I would be crying foul as well.  Especially the Horton debate.  I was very concerned the league would suspend him based on past rulings.  And who scores the game 7 only goal. 
    ADK, we have had some friendly battles back and forth and I don't believe a lot of what I write down.  but if you were a fan of these other teams wouldnt you be steamed at some of the things that have surrounded the Bruins and yet hardly any discipline?  Why didn't the league crack down on these harder during the year.  Heatley on Ott was much more "dirty" than Rome.  Heatley who isnt a physical player at all throws a flying chicken wing at Ott.  2 games.
    My beef is with consistancy or lack thereof. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Bostonians were tough? : adk, I will take a stab at this.  If I were Van I would be ticked that Rome was suspended 4 games.  They decide to make an example outta him.  The bite was a bite.  Should have been a suspension but I didnt think there would be.  Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

See, I don't buy this, because this is still a fantastic trade for them.  Yeah, they lose Rome for the series.  They have 8 NHL ready d-men.  The Bruins lose Horton for the series -- their 2nd leading scorer.  So maybe Rome doesn't like the result.  But the rest of the Vancouver team, management, coaches, fans, and media probably see this exchange for what it is -- an enormous advantage for them.  With one illegal hit they kncked one of Boston best scorers and top line winger out for the series.  Whatever the suspension is, it is inconsequential by comparison.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If Adam McQuaid got an "unfair" suspension for knocking Henrik Sedin out of the series, on an illegal hit that put him in the hospital...

...would we be here complaining about how unfair it is that McQuaid was missing an extra game or two??

No.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

too much to get into with you shupe, so you're equating being bombarded with projectiles while on ice , and responding with tossing/squirting a water bottle(not quite a weapon i'd say)... to intentionally biting a guys finger, then having everyone in your organization condone it? anyways, NO i don't see any similarities between the plays. if you want to talk about split seconds to make a decision- that's on spacek for turning his back on the hit. BAD DECISION( taking one for the team though). when he was line up, spacek was not face to the boards. he squared off when lucic was maybe a foot or two from him.  the late hit was not bang/bang. horton released the puck while on the spoked-B, and was hit at the blue line(about 25 feet). and they were not skating in opposite directions. way late. but do continue to be the devil's advocate. it's what you do.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]too much to get into with you shupe, so you're equating being bombarded with projectiles while on ice , and responding with tossing/squirting a water bottle(not quite a weapon i'd say)... to intentionally biting a guys finger, then having everyone in your organization condone it? anyways, NO i don't see any similarities............

here again, it's about perception. i was at that tampa game. my perception of the "projectiles" on the ice? out of 20K people, what.... a few ignorant people may have thrown them at the players. it was a celebration, maybe stupid, but that's all it was.  i didn't participate, but it was a celebration. boston fans were throwing them also. maybe the bruins fans were hitting the players. that's my perception. we can argue all day long about it, you won't change my mind any more than i'll change yours.
    horton showed his a** when he squirted the fan. did that guy deserve it. hell yeah, he was out of line and should have been tossed even if it was the end of the game. but horton was wrong and you can't compare apples to oranges. you cannot justify his actions by trying to compare it to something else. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i believe it's called revisionists history. "a few" threw things on the ice= hundreds and hundreds(unless everyone was issued fifty of these things way in), "it was a celebration"= throwing snowballs at a football game (purely to celebrate, no intent to injure- no), "that's my perception"- and you're sticking to it. and of course you're nuetral, just looking at things objectively! bad horton, don't squirt water-but like you said, they deserved it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]i believe it's called revisionists history. "a few" threw things on the ice= hundreds and hundreds(unless everyone was issued fifty of these things way in), "it was a celebration"= throwing snowballs at a football game (purely to celebrate, no intent to injure- no), "that's my perception"- and you're sticking to it. and of course you're nuetral, just looking at things objectively! bad horton, don't squirt water-but like you said, they deserved it.

but see you weren't there. you saw one maybe two camera angles. and i didn't say a few things on the ice, i said a few fans may have thrown them at the players. and yes, the majority thrown were done so with no intent to injure.
    you weren't there. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]i believe it's called revisionists history. "a few" threw things on the ice= hundreds and hundreds(unless everyone was issued fifty of these things way in), "it was a celebration"= throwing snowballs at a football game (purely to celebrate, no intent to injure- no), "that's my perception"- and you're sticking to it. and of course you're nuetral, just looking at things objectively! bad horton, don't squirt water-but like you said, they deserved it.

i was claiming neutrality in the SCF, not the tampa series. 
    it's over, your team won. no need for discussion on that series. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Enough with the 'he said - he said' bit already.   The reporters have a job to do, and that's ask questions and make mountains out of the molehills that are the responses.     Who gives a damn about what any of the players said about each other at this point? The only thing that matters is who wins.   Boston has owned Vancouver at home while the Canucks barely scrape by in B.C. cause the Bruins can't seem to get going physically or offensively.   It seems like 4 different teams in total in this series with 2 playing in each city. The question I'd like answered is why are both teams doing a complete jeckyl and hyde act when they are on the road versus at home?    Does the fans and the city really affect how they play on the ice that much?
    Posted by Homebrew76[/QUOTE]

Fans affect the referees and the referees make calls that affect the outcome of the game.  All this to say Boston coach's reign in the players when playing in Vancouver in order to avoid having to kill too many penalties...and the opposite is true when the Bruins play at home.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]too much to get into with you shupe, so you're equating being bombarded with projectiles while on ice , and responding with tossing/squirting a water bottle(not quite a weapon i'd say)... to intentionally biting a guys finger, then having everyone in your organization condone it? anyways, NO i don't see any similarities between the plays. if you want to talk about split seconds to make a decision- that's on spacek for turning his back on the hit. BAD DECISION( taking one for the team though). when he was line up, spacek was not face to the boards. he squared off when lucic was maybe a foot or two from him.  the late hit was not bang/bang. horton released the puck while on the spoked-B, and was hit at the blue line(about 25 feet). and they were not skating in opposite directions. way late. but do continue to be the devil's advocate. it's what you do.  

adk,
    I am not trying to play devils advocate on this.  Chara- penalty Lucic- penalty.  Ference- no call. 3 pretty signifacnt plays that made media attention on top of Horton's water bottle.  If we say Rome had time to ease up I am saying so did Chara and Lucic.  Neither did and they hammered their guys pretty hard. No suspension for either player. Had Spacek not returned and with Lucic's past history do you think he at least gets a game or 2? Lots of the so called experts were back and forth on the Chara debate saying he should or shouldnt get something. 
    So we as fans are thrown in the mix to give our 2cents.  No more no less.
    I am not attempting to argue with you.  I am having a conversation in regards to numerous incidents. 
    You have made excellent points and I agree with them.  I just think we in Bruin land often ignore what happens when our own do it and we over react when ours get hit with the same sword.  And to be honest. I think we are supposed to protect our own in some instances. No different than Canucks Fans/Coaches and Players do. 
    cheers homeslice

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

every angle showed the exact same thing.... hundreds of hard plastic toys being thrown on the ice, and AT bruin players. like i said, you're changing reality to fit into your "perception", that's revisionist history. i'm sure some people's "perception" was they were just big on recycling, you know, we'll use them again next year. dude, why are even here? unless it's purely to start crap. what other reason could there possibly be? were there that many boston fans on the bolts site, you had to come here to "get back" at them? if you wanted to talk hockey you should go to nhl.com- not to the teams site that just eliminated your team. see my point.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]every angle showed the exact same thing.... hundreds of hard plastic toys being thrown on the ice, and AT bruin players. like i said, you're changing reality to fit into your "perception", that's revisionist history. i'm sure some people's "perception" was they were just big on recycling, you know, we'll use them again next year. dude, why are even here? unless it's purely to start crap. what other reason could there possibly be? were there that many boston fans on the bolts site, you had to come here to "get back" at them? if you wanted to talk hockey you should go to nhl.com- not to the teams site that just eliminated your team. see my point.  

Cool
    oooooohhhhhhhh, ya caught me lol

lighten up, it was a discussion about media slant.....you took it someplace else so that you could bring up the same tired rants you post on every thread. 
    you wanted to know why i expressed an opinion on media bias and you tried to push me to comment on the teams. do you honestly think you'll bait me on the tampa series?