Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

I thought that the upgraded 2nd to 1st rounder in the Jagr trade was moved to 2014?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

I thought that the upgraded 2nd to 1st rounder in the Jagr trade was moved to 2014?

To break up the monotony game day threads, I thought that PC said that if the B's made the ECF, then the 2nd rounder in 2013 in the Jagr trade would become a 1st rounder in 2014.  Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

I was looking over the B's website and this article seems to mention that the Bruins 2013 1st round pick was traded in the deal:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672511

I understand that the most common response would be "Who the F cares, tonight is GAME TWO of the ECF!" But I was just curious and want to make sure that I didn't just make this up.

Pick for tonight? 3-2 B's win.  Paille SH in the 3rd for the game winner. 

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: I thought that the upgraded 2nd to 1st rounder in the Jagr trade was moved to 2014?

No, you're getting it confused with the Islanders deal I think, and how that second rounder for Thomas could have become a 2014 pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Re: I thought that the upgraded 2nd to 1st rounder in the Jagr trade was moved to 2014?

Just found it:

The conditional second-round pick could become a first-round pick if the Bruins reach the Eastern Conference finals this season. That does not hinder Chiarelli from making another deal that could include this year's first-round pick, because if the conditional pick does vest this spring, then the next option would be a first-round pick in 2014.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/11491/chiarelli-explains-deal-bs-plans-for-jagr

I took that to mean that the option would vest in 2014.  My mistake.

It does make more sense, I guess, to offer the 2013 1st rounder if they made the ECF.  The pick is then guaranteed to be between 27-30 (hopefully 30).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In response to red75's comment:

No, you're getting it confused with the Islanders deal I think, and how that second rounder for Thomas could have become a 2014 pick.

Thanks!

Sections
Shortcuts