I thought that the upgraded 2nd to 1st rounder in the Jagr trade was moved to 2014?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

I thought that the upgraded 2nd to 1st rounder in the Jagr trade was moved to 2014?

To break up the monotony game day threads, I thought that PC said that if the B's made the ECF, then the 2nd rounder in 2013 in the Jagr trade would become a 1st rounder in 2014.  Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

I was looking over the B's website and this article seems to mention that the Bruins 2013 1st round pick was traded in the deal:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672511

I understand that the most common response would be "Who the F cares, tonight is GAME TWO of the ECF!" But I was just curious and want to make sure that I didn't just make this up.

Pick for tonight? 3-2 B's win.  Paille SH in the 3rd for the game winner. 

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: I thought that the upgraded 2nd to 1st rounder in the Jagr trade was moved to 2014?

No, you're getting it confused with the Islanders deal I think, and how that second rounder for Thomas could have become a 2014 pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Re: I thought that the upgraded 2nd to 1st rounder in the Jagr trade was moved to 2014?

Just found it:

The conditional second-round pick could become a first-round pick if the Bruins reach the Eastern Conference finals this season. That does not hinder Chiarelli from making another deal that could include this year's first-round pick, because if the conditional pick does vest this spring, then the next option would be a first-round pick in 2014.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/11491/chiarelli-explains-deal-bs-plans-for-jagr

I took that to mean that the option would vest in 2014.  My mistake.

It does make more sense, I guess, to offer the 2013 1st rounder if they made the ECF.  The pick is then guaranteed to be between 27-30 (hopefully 30).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In response to red75's comment:

No, you're getting it confused with the Islanders deal I think, and how that second rounder for Thomas could have become a 2014 pick.

Thanks!