I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???

In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Under American law no one is required to swear on the bible or make an oath to God. You can but it is not required by law, because it would be unconstitutional to have such a requirement. Instead people can opt to "solemnly affirm." No religious text need be used. Makes sense from a practical standpoint as well, for if an atheist was to make an oath to God, would they not by definition be committing perjury?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Your missing the point, the only religious text we use in our court rooms is the bible.  And, a bible is required when entering the service of our country.  Because it's a foundational truth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Your missing the point, the only religious text we use in our court rooms is the bible.  And, a bible is required when entering the service of our country.  Because it's a foundational truth.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

complete gibberish bro.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I'm done with this guy. What a moron. I hate hyper-partisan partisan politics to begin with, but to be perfectly honest, this is making me not want to see Timmy in the net. Get this guy out of town.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]
    With comments like these it makes others not want to see you in this forum! So...with your attitude it's....BYE!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : With comments like these it makes others not want to see you in this forum! So...with your attitude it's....BYE!!!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

way to illustrate my point, politics are inherently divisive. See, I could care less about what you think about politics; I am not here to discuss the role of government in our society.

If it came down to talking about what Tim Thomas and nitemare-38 feels about the USA, I would likely vomit all over my keyboard.

I do not want to vomit all over my keyboard. I want to talk about hockey.

but anyway, no sense in trying to shame me off the boards, I don't think you're a good poster and really don't respect your opinion. But keep talkin as long as it makes you feel good; at least someone will benefit from the crap you typically post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]the fact that there is a bible IN THE COURT- is problem enough for me. love to see how a jury of "god-fearing" religous folks judge a person who rejects their bible. i'm guessing you were married in texas right red? *sarcasm* still a LOOONG way to go with this issue. it's like saying there is no such thing as racism these days because we got rid of segregated schools. not quite
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Oh please don't bring that into it. This thread is loopy enough, and I have not had nearly enough coffee yet, to get into an argument about whether or not I should have a legal right to be married (thank you, Parliament) I gave up on having that particular conversation the day I got hitched. Not worth the aggravation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : way to illustrate my point, politics are inherently divisive. See, I could care less about what you think about politics; I am not here to discuss the role of government in our society. If it came down to talking about what Tim Thomas feels about the USA, I would likely vomit all over my keyboard. I do not want to vomit all over my keyboard. I want to talk about hockey. but anyway nitemare, no sense in trying to shame me off the boards, I don't think you're a good poster and really don't respect your opinion. But keep talkin as long as it makes you feel good; at least someone will benefit from the crap you typically post.
    Ohhhh! So it's OK for you to talk about running the Best Goalie the Bruins have had in decades, because of something he said....But, nobody can say about running you out of this forum over something you say???? Nice double standards you live by there Ols! And I really couldn't care less about what you think? I already know I'm a good poster, because some piece of kief got me booted over something stupid & the other posters liked me enough & brought me back! So I don't need your blessing & I don't think TT does either. Go flatter yourself some place else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : complete gibberish bro. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Establishment_Clause
    well done my friend. for kicks google "fundamental truth"...enjoy. my last post on this, it's a discussion that can only be productive if your minds not already made up.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Ohhhh! So it's OK for you to talk about running the Best Goalie the Bruins have had in decades, because of something he said....But, nobody can say about running you out of this forum over something you say???? Nice double standards you live by there Ols! And I really couldn't care less about what you think? I already know I'm a good poster, because some piece of kief got me booted over something stupid & the other posters liked me enough & brought me back! So I don't need your blessing!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

zzzz, umadbro?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

This thread proves the point that Thomas talking DOES matter. It matters to the fans. It matters to the employer. It matters to his agent, the NHLPA, the NHL and the sponsors. It may or may not matter to his teammates (there's no way to tell).

Some of you are saying it's irrelevant and a non-story, but clearly that is not accurate.

It's not venom we are spewing...it's a rational discussion that the comments he is making are divisive, and there is no tangible up-side to the Bruins organization and the fans to what he is saying.

It's a distraction. Same as Seguin staying out all night. Same as Ference throwing Paille under the bus. It all counts. We can say "who care as long as the play on the ice doesn't change" until we are blue in the face, but it matters to me. I don't want the people I root for to pull this kind of stuff. and i'm not alone. And that all matters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Go for it Red. Just like timmy, you have every right to be who you are, and to expres your beliefs. Obviously this thread is not about hockey, so why would TSN post comment about Tim's facebook comments??? Media stupidity once again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Just my opinion, but that's a shockingly naive interpretation.  If you think that poem, in that context, is "about peace", perhaps you are the one who needs to 'pick up a book'. I respect Thomas' opinions, and yours.  I don't like careless comparisons to the genocide of 6 million people. I wish we weren't talking about this.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch, you're one of the most insightful, respectful posters on here, but right now you need to be taken to the woodshed.
    To date, you've had lots to say, and pretty much talked down to anyone that doesn't share your devastation, when learning of TT's politics.  I find that mind-boggling.
    Your above post suggests TT crossed a line that i feel goes far beyond anyones right to opinion, or free speech.
    Since you're usually pretty level headed, I figured I should find out the contents of this highly treasonous rant myself.  So...i searched it out.
    Turns out your thoughts are as small minded, misguided, blown out of proportion and irresponsible as those others, who have shockingly discovered that TT is in fact, not made in their own image.
    WDF does the "careless comparisons to the genocide of 6 million people" have to do with TT's facebook post?  
    For your info, that "poem" as you call it, is quoted from a theologian.....one that just happens to be an anti nazi, and the message is clear enough, a 9 year old should get it.
      goes something like this.....if you feel strongly about something,  you have a responsibility to speak up when it affects other people...not just when it affects you.

Where I come from, that's hardly cause for a public execution.  Pretty sure that applies in your neck of the woods too.

If you disagree with  TT and his support of the"Catholics"...fine.  Don't be so two-faced to suggest you wished you were talking about something else, then throw in an irrelevant a-bomb in attempting to validate your position.

This crap is getting out of hand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the simple fact remains...  i'm happy that i live in a country that you can choose to not attend a white house gathering or speak your mind, without fearing repercussions from that government(but ohhh watch out for hockey fans!!!!). agree with his reasons, or not.  the fact that we as fans of a game, seem to think a person should compromise his beliefs (WHATEVER THEY MAY BE) to avoid a distraction for the team you root for, is as selfish as anything i've ever heard. you're all putting a "team distraction" ahead of your rights as a citizen of the US. REALLY? way to have your priorities in order. i guess what those opposed to TT expressing himself are saying is, a couple more wins by the boston bruins mean more than your rights to not attend the WH, or speak your mind. talk about selfish... take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]the fact that we as fans of a game, seem to think a person should compromise his beliefs (WHATEVER THEY MAY BE) to avoid a distraction for the team you root for, is as selfish as anything i've ever heard. you're all putting a "team distraction" ahead of your rights as a citizen of the US. Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Not at all ADK....Thomas is more than entitled to his opinion and expressing it. It is absolutely his right as a citizen. Some of us are just pointing out the downside to expressing those opinions, and vaguely expressing them, then not taking full ownership. It's the WAY he is doing in that bothers me, not WHAT he is saying.

For example - Ference plays a tremendous role in a number of politically-charged issues. He uses his celebrity to raise awareness and money for causes he believes in. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's how he uses his free speech. Thomas, on the other hand, is making public statements that are divisive, not being clear in his message, then refusing to say anything else on the matter. It's a hit-and-run approach, and I feel justified in having a problem with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Tim Thomas is a great goaltender and has a right to Freedom of Speech. That's cause he's an American citizen. The only Nazis are those who would deny him this right. Just cause you don't agree with him does NOT give YOU the right to shut him up. Someone needs to explain that to the bozos on this rant who trash him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

[QUOTE]This thread proves the point that Thomas talking DOES matter. It matters to the fans. It matters to the employer. It matters to his agent, the NHLPA, the NHL and the sponsors. It may or may not matter to his teammates (there's no way to tell). Some of you are saying it's irrelevant and a non-story, but clearly that is not accurate. It's not venom we are spewing...it's a rational discussion that the comments he is making are divisive, and there is no tangible up-side to the Bruins organization and the fans to what he is saying. It's a distraction. Same as Seguin staying out all night. Same as Ference throwing Paille under the bus. It all counts. We can say "who care as long as the play on the ice doesn't change" until we are blue in the face, but it matters to me. I don't want the people I root for to pull this kind of stuff. and i'm not alone. And that all matters.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Amazing lack of Freedom of Speech. YOU are no more important than he is. Let people be free.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Couldn't agree more.
    Posted by 1punchknockout[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Fletch, you're one of the most insightful, respectful posters on here, but right now you need to be taken to the woodshed. To date, you've had lots to say, and pretty much talked down to anyone that doesn't share your devastation, when learning of TT's politics.  I find that mind-boggling. Your above post suggests TT crossed a line that i feel goes far beyond anyones right to opinion, or free speech. Since you're usually pretty level headed, I figured I should find out the contents of this highly treasonous rant myself.  So...i searched it out. Turns out your thoughts are as small minded, misguided, blown out of proportion and irresponsible as those others, who have shockingly discovered that TT is in fact, not made in their own image. WDF does the "careless comparisons to the genocide of 6 million people" have to do with TT's facebook post?   For your info, that "poem" as you call it, is quoted from a theologian.....one that just happens to be an anti nazi, and the message is clear enough, a 9 year old should get it.   goes something like this.....if you feel strongly about something,  you have a responsibility to speak up when it affects other people...not just when it affects you. Where I come from, that's hardly cause for a public execution.  Pretty sure that applies in your neck of the woods too. If you disagree with  TT and his support of the"Catholics"...fine.  Don't be so two-faced to suggest you wished you were talking about something else, then throw in an irrelevant a-bomb in attempting to validate your position. This crap is getting out of hand.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Absolute BS stevegm, I haven't talked down to anyone.  I never like flippant comparisons to the Nazis, that's all.  I beleive that this was one.  I totally respect TT's right to speak up, I just don't like it as a Bruins fan or as someone who feels in general that the tenor or political debate gets totally out of hand and both sides love compare every situation to the Nazis.  I don't know what you find so threatening about my opinion, but you tried to take pretty good run at me here without any perspective about what I'm saying.  And you'll have to do a hell of a lot better than that to take anyone "to the woodshed".

I like you bud, but that's that a cheapie and you know it.  Cheers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarhill2000. Show scarhill2000's posts

Thomas is a sad man, a typcial Tea Party clown.  What he hopes to accomplish is for everyone to consider him a patriot, a bright guy, a man willing to "speak his mind".  Sadly, all Thomas accomplishes is to expose his true self to the world.  As a Bruins fan, since Mr. Orr's days, I am still happy he contributed last year.  Now, please Timmy, don't let the door tickle your Fox News rear end on the way out.  I really don't want any more of my money to make its way to Timmy's bank account.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The worst part of all this (besides myself posting ) is I don't think Timmy is done.
    So guys/gals saddle up , take off the gloves these threads will not die.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : don't apply what to 21 century standards? the constitution? i agree. it's outdated. as far as religous freedom- just because nobody is burned at the stake, doesn't mean we are now free from religous influence from our government. it's just a little more subtle these days. if there is true separation, why is there a bible in a court room? just because we've "come a long ways", it doesn't mean we're there yet. i understanding what it means, and realize it's not quite so.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

i'd give you a brief history lesson but Red might not like it Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Maybe this is TT's way of getting himself pumped up for the playoffs.  Get a good "the whole world is against me" thing going, then fight through it (like a crusader?)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : We are a country founded on christian priciples by christian people.  That is a foundational truth.  Sep of church and state gives religious freedom.  But, our country is a christian-governed country.  We use bibles in our court of law, not korans.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

absolutely. that's something people forget. we are a christian nation whether you like it or not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

All will be forgiven with a great road trip...anyone  want to bet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bhbabe. Show Bhbabe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : absolutely. that's something people forget. we are a christian nation whether you like it or not.
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

So should everyone else just leave?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]The worst part of all this (besides myself posting ) is I don't think Timmy is done. So guys/gals saddle up , take off the gloves these threads will not die.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I've moved on from even caring what comes out of his mouth, I just want him off the team. We're going to be forced to deal with this stuff constantly until he either gets traded, retires, or is hit by a car. My preference is he gets traded.

Maybe we can salvage a decent return from this self-centered "teammate"

Sections
Shortcuts