I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different

It wasn't Bruins Habs.
    It was league leading machine v. bottom feeder.
    I haven't looked at toi, but it seemed Hamill was out there all night.
    It felt like 3rd and 4th lines all night (again, I don't know what the reality was)
    And the Bruins still won.  I don't know what it looked like on tv, but at the game it seemed they totally owned the habs.
    CJ pacing the team like in bicycle race - using as little energy as possible to win, conserving strength for the big finish (Stanley cup run).
    People in Habs jersies looked more like deer in the headlights than the last deer I saw in my headlights.  They were walking around like dawn of the living dead.
    The crowd was quiet, much to the consternation of some in the balcony.

The crowd was quiet and I was quiet because it was like watching surgery as the Bruins pretty calmly, pretty deftly sliced the Habbies up like the guy behind the deli counter getting me my half pound of swiss cheese.

The Bruins are a machine oiled and tuned.  It's a thing of beauty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Re: I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different

In Response to I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different:
    [QUOTE]It wasn't Bruins Habs. It was league leading machine v. bottom feeder. I haven't looked at toi, but it seemed Hamill was out there all night. It felt like 3rd and 4th lines all night (again, I don't know what the reality was) And the Bruins still won.  I don't know what it looked like on tv, but at the game it seemed they totally owned the habs. CJ pacing the team like in bicycle race - using as little energy as possible to win, conserving strength for the big finish (Stanley cup run). People in Habs jersies looked more like deer in the headlights than the last deer I saw in my headlights.  They were walking around like dawn of the living dead. The crowd was quiet, much to the consternation of some in the balcony. The crowd was quiet and I was quiet because it was like watching surgery as the Bruins pretty calmly, pretty deftly sliced the Habbies up like the guy behind the deli counter getting me my half pound of swiss cheese. The Bruins are a machine oiled and tuned.  It's a thing of beauty.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I watched game four from last years playoffs against the habs and they are a completely different team. I said it when they got Cole. They're trying to toughen up. Honestly, the main reason they gave the Bruins trouble was their speed and lack of toughness. They tried to change their identity, and now they are paying for it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

EV/Tot times:
    • Bergeron: 15:07 / 17:13
    • Krejčí: 13:21 / 16:24
    • Kelly: 14:04 / 15:54
    • Campbell: 09:31 / 11:00
    It seems you had an accurate perception - the top three lines were really evenly distributed and the 4th line played quite a bit.  Hamill had almost 14 minutes of time.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I felt it was much more lopsided than a 3-2 game. It really seems like opposing players are have a tough time getting anything going against the Bruins.  Montreal played solid D to limit Boston's chances, but they created next to nothing too. And yeah, I think they were really giving Hamill a change to show what he could do, and I felt he responded well. It was relatively boring as Habs/Bruins games go, not much passion from the bleau, blanc et rougue. Decent game from a Bruins fan's view though!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I don't even know who the 3rd line or 1st line is anymore. Its great!  Seems the #2 Bergy line or the #3 line are the best every night. 

So, lets call the Bergy line #1, Kelly #2, Krejci #3 and the best fourth line the league remains #4.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

consternation....good word. and no bluefox, lets not call the krejci line the third line because they aren't. their the first line. they play against the least favorable match ups, and the reason the third line looks like a first line is because teams don't know how to play against the bruins depth. the KHL line are still the big dogs, which is just weird seeing as how the bergeron line might be the best in hockey

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Too many pink hats who know nothing about the game and are more interested in seeing themselves on the jumbotron than they are in the game.  Such is the price of a Stanley Cup Championship.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What's wrong Hang ? Don't you like the change in decor? The guys and gals with the big bucks are now purchasing good seats in order to be seen in the Bruins panorama

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Hey, Badhab, it must be nice to go to the game.

On TV it was much the same, but you had a better view.

The Bruins have hit that magic point where they know exactly what to do to win in an efficient manner. Their depth and balance keeps everyone fresh.

So what if players go on slumps. The slack is easily overcome. When the slump is over for that player it will be up to him to overcome the slump of someone else. Everyone must take their turn at contributing.

At this rate, the Bruins should go into the playoff with lots of gas in the tank and a fully tuned engine ready for take-off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different:
    [QUOTE]Hey, Badhab, it must be nice to go to the game. On TV it was much the same, but you had a better view. The Bruins have hit that magic point where they know exactly what to do to win in an efficient manner. Their depth and balance keeps everyone fresh. So what if players go on slumps. The slack is easily overcome. When the slump is over for that player it will be up to him to overcome the slump of someone else. Everyone must take their turn at contributing. At this rate, the Bruins should go into the playoff with lots of gas in the tank and a fully tuned engine ready for take-off.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

You have to like this team for the cup, Bruins fan or no.  The winner is coming out of the east this year, and the best in the east is the Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]What's wrong Hang ? Don't you like the change in decor? The guys and gals with the big bucks are now purchasing good seats in order to be seen in the Bruins panorama
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a lot different that when I had tickets back in the day...I remember the fans booing the organist for playing songs during commercial breaks - people went for the hockey and that was it!  Those days sure are gone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, Badhab, it must be nice to go to the game. On TV it was much the same, but you had a better view. The Bruins have hit that magic point where they know exactly what to do to win in an efficient manner. Their depth and balance keeps everyone fresh. So what if players go on slumps. The slack is easily overcome. When the slump is over for that player it will be up to him to overcome the slump of someone else. Everyone must take their turn at contributing. At this rate, the Bruins should go into the playoff with lots of gas in the tank and a fully tuned engine ready for take-off.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Well said, wheats.  I was thinking something similar during their tear last month.  They reminded me of the Wings in their Cup years in that they seemed to be so composed, confident and matter-of-fact about their business.  The Bruins appear to have captured that same essence.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't want to say it and jinx the team, but the only thing that could really sink the ship is...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different :   They reminded me of the Wings in their Cup years in that they seemed to be so composed, confident and matter-of-fact about their business.  The Bruins appear to have captured that same essence.   
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

This x 10000000000

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]I felt it was much more lopsided than a 3-2 game. It really seems like opposing players are have a tough time getting anything going against the Bruins.  Montreal played solid D to limit Boston's chances, but they created next to nothing too. And yeah, I think they were really giving Hamill a change to show what he could do, and I felt he responded well. It was relatively boring as Habs/Bruins games go, not much passion from the bleau, blanc et rougue. Decent game from a Bruins fan's view though!
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the habs didnt look like they were even interested. Suban was actually quiet most of the night. Not showcasing his usual antics. They just looked deflated. Like everyone knew the holidays were around the corner and needed a break.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different : Exactly, the habs didnt look like they were even interested. Suban was actually quiet most of the night. Not showcasing his usual antics. They just looked deflated. Like everyone knew the holidays were around the corner and needed a break.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

You're giving them way more credit than they deserve, no amount of heart could have helped them.

They looked like they were disinterested because they were mesmerized.

Ever hear the phrase "dead man walking"?

Like remorseless killers they were being marched to the electric chair, and CJ and the boys only used enough juice to do the job.

Lights flickered, lights out.

Had they started blowing them out and embarassing them, they would have fought and lost those, too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different : It's definitely a lot different that when I had tickets back in the day...I remember the fans booing the organist for playing songs during commercial breaks - people went for the hockey and that was it!  Those days sure are gone.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Back in your day you walked 5 miles to school in 12 feet of snow too, right? I don't get why you are so negative? It's Christmas for christ sake. So you want fans to be belligerent and beat up every Hab fan that crosses the border?

Lighten up Francis.

I sit in the balcony every game - there has been almost 0 change in the fan base from last year to this year. Still hard for pink hats to like the game due to the fighting and not understanding the game.

The biggest difference in this Habs game was that the Habs presence was smaller than its been in years. That's a factor of a Monday game and the Habs being more concerned with their coach not speaking French than the team's shoddy play.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Wheat - Spot on, my friend. Well said.

Bruinfaninnewjersey - Don't say it! There are those among us on this board that will find where you live. Oh, and sorry you live in NJ. HA!

Hang - You rememebr when they booed the organist? You must be 2 years older than Jesus! lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different : Back in your day you walked 5 miles to school in 12 feet of snow too, right? I don't get why you are so negative? It's Christmas for christ sake. So you want fans to be belligerent and beat up every Hab fan that crosses the border? Lighten up Francis. I sit in the balcony every game - there has been almost 0 change in the fan base from last year to this year. Still hard for pink hats to like the game due to the fighting and not understanding the game. The biggest difference in this Habs game was that the Habs presence was smaller than its been in years. That's a factor of a Monday game and the Habs being more concerned with their coach not speaking French than the team's shoddy play.  
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Not sure where to start with this one but I'll try.

First, please tell me what leads you to believe that my post was negative.  If you ever attended a game at the old Garden you would know what I mean.  If you hadn't, then you won't. 

Who ever said anything about beating up Hab fans besides you?  I haven't had a fight since third grade and that was over 40 years ago.  Anyhow, I never understood why fans of one team like to beat up fans from another.  It's stupid.

I was simply making a comparison between the vibe in the old Garden vs. the new one.  That's all.  Not sure how you were able to read so much more into it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Wheat - Spot on, my friend. Well said. Bruinfaninnewjersey - Don't say it! There are those among us on this board that will find where you live. Oh, and sorry you live in NJ. HA! Hang - You rememebr when they booed the organist? You must be 2 years older than Jesus! lol
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Not quite but I remember it being funny because Boston was probably the last rink to start doing it, and the fans were absolutely ticked about it.  Good stuff!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different : Not sure where to start with this one but I'll try. First, please tell me what leads you to believe that my post was negative.  If you ever attended a game at the old Garden you would know what I mean.  If you hadn't, then you won't.  Who ever said anything about beating up Hab fans besides you?  I haven't had a fight since third grade and that was over 40 years ago.  Anyhow, I never understood why fans of one team like to beat up fans from another.  It's stupid. I was simply making a comparison between the vibe in the old Garden vs. the new one.  That's all.  Not sure how you were able to read so much more into it.

Go to a hockey game and this happens . Stupidity personified.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I wouldn't go as far as saying they owned the Habs. The Habs stuck around  enough to be in this game.
    We all saw some mistaked the Bruins were doing clearing the zone.
    Can we say to be this good you have to be lucky also ?
    Campoli with less than a minute , point blank , twice,  could not get a good shot in and it wasn't because a Bruin pressured him, he just miss fired twice.
    Too close for comfort.  Easily could have been a tie game from the team you call bottom feeders.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Not sure what you were watching...but it was a typical B's/Habs game.....no scoring and the B's almost lost again to a very mediocre team. Don't want to see them in the playoffs..no way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I was at Bruins Habs last night and - it was different : Not sure where to start with this one but I'll try. First, please tell me what leads you to believe that my post was negative.  If you ever attended a game at the old Garden you would know what I mean.  If you hadn't, then you won't.  Who ever said anything about beating up Hab fans besides you?  I haven't had a fight since third grade and that was over 40 years ago.  Anyhow, I never understood why fans of one team like to beat up fans from another.  It's stupid. I was simply making a comparison between the vibe in the old Garden vs. the new one.  That's all.  Not sure how you were able to read so much more into it.

You've been the grinch of this board for the past several weeks, nit picking on evvvveeerrryttthiiinng.

Yes, I've been to the old garden, it was old dirty and disgusting. The new one is sterile and boring.

I'm tired of the whole "the way it used to be was so much better". Guess what used to be better? Everything. It's that way cause you're older now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure what you were watching...but it was a typical B's/Habs game.....no scoring and the B's almost lost again to a very mediocre team. Don't want to see them in the playoffs..no way.
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Really?

Habs are currently last in the NE division, they're going to have to struggle to make the playoffs so I don't think the Bruins will meet them.

Almost lost?  The Habs never had the lead, barely got the puck in the Bruins end with the goalie pulled and the Bruins almost scored on the empty net.