I Was Wrong, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I Was Wrong, 2011

Not too sure if this is in writing or just in my head, but I would have tried to trade TT for a to 6 forward with the extra 5 mil. and give Rask the reigns.

I was wrong, TT has been a stud all season long and has played the biggest part to getting us to the cup finals. 5 mil is a bargain for this Vezina winner and what he has been doing and I hope he stays a Bruin for his remaining years.

A standing "O" for you Timmy, fantastic season, fantastic story, fantastic competitor, fantastic goalie!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DutchBostonian. Show DutchBostonian's posts

Re: I Was Wrong, 2011

I have got to admit too that if i was the general manager, the bruins wouldnt be here right now. I would have traded Timmy too.......sorry :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to I Was Wrong, 2011:
    [QUOTE]Not too sure if this is in writing or just in my head, but I would have tried to trade TT for a to 6 forward with the extra 5 mil. and give Rask the reigns. I was wrong, TT has been a stud all season long and has played the biggest part to getting us to the cup finals. 5 mil is a bargain for this Vezina winner and what he has been doing and I hope he stays a Bruin for his remaining years.   A standing "O" for you Timmy, fantastic season, fantastic story, fantastic competitor, fantastic goalie!
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

SHAME on you ....but the right time will come ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

What, just me and Dutch? Everyone else was spot on?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I was wrong on Savard... after he went down I thought that was the writing on the wall for the hopes for the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I had Timmy's back all along, good for you guys for posting that.  I'm with JRfalcons.  I would have sent Jullien packing in a heartbeat, and the funny thing is had Montreal scored in overtime, Julien likely would be gone.  Things happen for a reason.  He's safe for the remainder of his contract. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I supported TT all season, and last year. How could you break up a goaltending tandum as good as that for 6.5 mil a year. It costs more for that fake Luongo in Vancouver. 

I did doubt Claude for a while. After the 2 games in Montreal I wanted his head on a plater. Still don't think he is that great, but the B's are in the Finals, so I guess he's good enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

I was wrong about Ryder!
    What a beauty he has been in the playoffs!
    My Dad kept saying wait for playoffs we need finish and he will show up!
    He was right, I was wrong!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I was way off about Brad Marchand before the season. I thought when he first came up he took alot fo stupid penalties and was very undisiplined. but WOW has this kid turned things around, he was a spark plug on the 4th line and exploded once he started playing with Bergy and Rex. I credit the leadership of his linemates and Julien. Marchy for me went from Dud to Stud

I have always supported Julien, did you think the 08-09 season was a fluke when they were point away from a Presidents trophy. Julien utilized what Chiarelli gave him.

TT is a stud without injury last year he just might be looking a his 3rd straight Vezina and add a Cup. (wishful thinking). they will win it I have faith. Its time grab the bull by the horns.

I have a question does anybody know if the last team to drop a 3-0 lead in a  series came back the next year and won the Cup?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to I Was Wrong, 2011:
    [QUOTE]Not too sure if this is in writing or just in my head, but I would have tried to trade TT for a to 6 forward with the extra 5 mil. and give Rask the reigns. I was wrong, TT has been a stud all season long and has played the biggest part to getting us to the cup finals. 5 mil is a bargain for this Vezina winner and what he has been doing and I hope he stays a Bruin for his remaining years.   A standing "O" for you Timmy, fantastic season, fantastic story, fantastic competitor, fantastic goalie!
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure you guys could remind me of a plethora of things I was wrong about this year but, right now, I couldn't feel more right. Just let me have my moment.....4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

i wanted kaberle for any price. with final package being settled last with bruins going to stanley cup.
    joey colborne +bruins 2011 1st rounder + bruins 2011 2nd rounder is a an awful lot for a rental that made the power play worse.
    hinsight being 20/20 would chiarelli do it again? either way i wanted him for the Bs in worse way and if colborne or the picks turn out to be anything how will everyone else feel.
    i guess it will depend on how the season ends!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Horton basher during his mid-season slump here!  Said this guy was everything his critics said: lazy, coaster and wouldn't battle.  Was worried about relying on him in the playoffs.  Said he was Ryder 2.0, that we should put both of them on the same line and be happy with what we get.

I like my crow well done. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good post MD -- I think a lot of us were there.

Admitting you were wrong is so much easier than screaming like a girl and reporting everyone else on the board...ahem...lucaooo...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I was wrong about Krejci .I thought he was sleepwalking through a large chunk of this season and didn't see him lighting it up the way he has.Easily the best offensive player we have had particularly since round 2. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I remember this from last year.  It's a lot of fun to call ourselves out.

I was wrong on McQuaid.  He's really turned it around for the playoffs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I was down on TT as well, just wasn't confortable with his style of play. But he has proven me wrong and i am happy to admit it. If he can deliver the B's the Cup with a stellar final i'm all for it. Way to go Timmy !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: I Was Wrong, 2011:
    [QUOTE]I was way off about Brad Marchand before the season. I thought when he first came up he took alot fo stupid penalties and was very undisiplined. but WOW has this kid turned things around, he was a spark plug on the 4th line and exploded once he started playing with Bergy and Rex. I credit the leadership of his linemates and Julien. Marchy for me went from Dud to Stud I have always supported Julien, did you think the 08-09 season was a fluke when they were point away from a Presidents trophy. Julien utilized what Chiarelli gave him. TT is a stud without injury last year he just might be looking a his 3rd straight Vezina and add a Cup. (wishful thinking). they will win it I have faith. Its time grab the bull by the horns. I have a question does anybody know if the last team to drop a 3-0 lead in a  series came back the next year and won the Cup?
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Not the next year, five years later. The Isles blew it 75 then won in 1980.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I remember this from last year.  It's a lot of fun to call ourselves out. I was wrong on McQuaid.  He's really turned it around for the playoffs. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

nas i think u were right from when we started talking about the 7th player awards to the end of the regular season mcquaid was bad. playoffs he has been solid even with a shaky partner in kaberle in that montreal series.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I was down on TT as well, just wasn't confortable with his style of play. But he has proven me wrong and i am happy to admit it. If he can deliver the B's the Cup with a stellar final i'm all for it. Way to go Timmy !!!
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

u know what though 50 u may have been wrong on thomas but u were a dead ringer on the bruins when they were down 0-2 and u called the trade kelly trade too along with a few others when they killed the trade during the regular season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I was one who though we could not go wrong with either TT or Rask....as I heard one Habs fan say..."Rask is the best goalie in the league who is not starting."

Who know how the season would have gone with Rask and another top forward...maybe we would be here..and maybe not.

But, as they say...it is what it is.

Lets enjoy the ride and hope it gets better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]I was wrong on Savard... after he went down I thought that was the writing on the wall for the hopes for the season.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Imagine we had Savard and hence a power play right now?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

I'm not a Rask fan at all.  I would have and still would trade Rask.  I bet you could get something pretty good for him, especially if you are willing to part with a high pick too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not a Rask fan at all.  I would have and still would trade Rask.  I bet you could get something pretty good for him, especially if you are willing to part with a high pick too.
    Posted by LoveTheBruins[/QUOTE]
    I want to see how Rask does next year before I consider trading him .TT as great as he is doesn't have a long career in front of him .Rask has shown me enough to make me believe he can overcome the inconsistency he showed this year.The jury is still out on Rask in my opinion .Hopefully Rask can play more games next year and the B's go with the hot hand come playoff time .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I was wrong about Thomas. I thought we should have given him up for nothing at the beginning of the free agency period last year to go after a UFA. Would have been dead in the water without Timmy and glad that there were no takers.

I was also wrong about Horton. I thought we overpaid at the draft, but that a good deal.

Finally, I was wrong about Lucic not being able to play up to his big money deal. This was the most surprising to me and has made me happy.

Sections
Shortcuts