I would start RASK against Toronto...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: I would start RASK against Toronto...

absolutely, he shouldnt have been pulled in buffalo, the kid hasnt played in weeks he's a bit rusty so Clod pulls him after one f***ing period! what an Clod. TT looked spent the last two nites in the shootouts, not one save.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I'd prefer Thomas against Toronto, and Rask Thursday against Minnesota.  Let Rask try to find his game in a less important non conference game.  Plus, we got Montreal Saturday, would be nice to have Timmy go into that game on 4 days rest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I would start Rask too. But you can bet the ignorant joke of a coach will not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: I would start RASK against Toronto...:
    [QUOTE]I'd prefer Thomas against Toronto, and Rask Thursday against Minnesota.  Let Rask try to find his game in a less important non conference game.  Plus, we got Montreal Saturday, would be nice to have Timmy go into that game on 4 days rest.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]
    I don't consider the Leafs to be an important game.Minn is likely the tougher opponent but the Bruins should be favoured in both.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

In Response to I would start RASK against Toronto...:
    [QUOTE]THOMAS needs to rest and re-focus, RASK needs to find his game,  and I think the whole team needs to play better in front of both goalies. A win at this point is very important for RASK. If he wins keep playing him. THOMAS will respond well when called upon and Rask will regain some confidence.
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

At this point I am not sure what Julien's criteria is about which  goalie should start; but he absolutely stunned me when he pulled Rusk last night. Especially when he stubbornly sticks by certain players despite lack of effort and many mistakes. I am afraid that type of hasty decisions delivers  the wrong message. Rusk was visibly livid after being pulled. I can't blame him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Let's hope Rask and Seguin both find their stride in January.  This team needs ... something ... to happen.  Need a rook to start pulling that sleigh

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Get Rask back in there right away... it is a crime the kind of treatment this kid is getting!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it is not a crime to pull a goalie who when given 4 goals in the 1st period, gives 3 back...I would rather see the B's call up a minor league goalie to spell Thomas for a game before putting back the headcase Rask back in between the pipes. He is playing about as poorly as a backup goalie can play. It's now just hurting the team. You want Tuuka to have playing time? Feel free to have fulltime time at the m9inor league affiliate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I thought you pulled a goalie when he was hurting the team. Rask still had his team in the lead... it was one soft goal late in the first and it happens to all netminders!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Very short-term thinking by CJ last night...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Get Rask back in there right away... it is a crime the kind of treatment this kid is getting!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Check Thomas' league leading stats and come on back to edit this post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

i'd start Rask

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Get Rask back in there right away... it is a crime the kind of treatment this kid is getting!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE]

i still wear 29 to this day because of jay miller, never knew he was a goalie when he started with the b's. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'm one of the rare cj supporters on here, but i was shocked he pulled rask with the lead last game. he shouldn't have done that. however, i agree with abra. i'd go with thomas tonight and rask against minn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I have a feeling pulling Rask had more to do with his reaction to the three goals rather than his play.  Maybe he threw a fit in the room.  He was irate at the ref for not blowing the play dead on the last goal.  Maybe CJ didn't like what he saw menatally. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the most legitimate criticism of Julien this season has been his failure to stick with the goalie tandem concept.  The Bruins have two great goalies.  It is fine to ride the hot hand in April or through the playoffs, but in December they should be keeping both guys sharp by giving Rask every third game at least.

Starting Thomas game after game this past month has hurt both guys.  Thomas is getting burned out a bit and Rask is rusty as can be, which happens when you play once a month.

Have Thomas play 2/3rds and have Rask play 1/3rd and stick with it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I don't get what people are surprised to see Rask get pulled?  The reaction was it had less to do with rask play then the fact that the team wasnt playing well he was hoping the switch might settle that.. Fine with me.. It didnt really work, but whatever..

Rask is going back in tonight..

Fletch, the bruins have always played "tadem" with thomas, and its always been the hot goalie getting the start.. You don't need to perscribe, so and so needs to many starts etc..

You play well, you play..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Yeah good post, Yes start Rask!!!!!!!!!!!
    TT is playing too much

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Maybe start Cheevers!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Don't care who's in/out. Just BEAT THE LEAFS!!! I'll be there tonight.....and don't want to hang my head in shame if they lose to the lowly Leafs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

i agree with starting rask tonight...tank needs a break and as far as im concerned rask has to show up tonight and bruins need to know if this guy has it or ship him down...what the hell is this working with essensa when they get back home...dont they work with goalies every day...dont care for rasks comments that those goals he let in were not weak goals...give your head a shake buddy those were horrible goals...  ive lost faith in this guy and lets see if he can  play half decent tonight

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get what people are surprised to see Rask get pulled?  The reaction was it had less to do with rask play then the fact that the team wasnt playing well he was hoping the switch might settle that.. Fine with me.. It didnt really work, but whatever.. Rask is going back in tonight.. Fletch, the bruins have always played "tadem" with thomas, and its always been the hot goalie getting the start.. You don't need to perscribe, so and so needs to many starts etc.. You play well, you play..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't care about Rask getting pulled there either.

My point though, is that riding the hot goalie doesn't make a lot of sense here, early in the season.  Thomas is an older goalie, he can use some nights off in December.  Rask put up a Vezina caliber season last year.  It would be in the team's best interest to at least try to keep him sharp. 

Thomas played in 7 straight games in December.  Some have already argued that the fatigue is becoming apparent, but I am certainly not here to knock Thomas.  Love the guy.

The hot goalie argument is great later in the season.  For now, play the tandem.

Sections
Shortcuts